The Heart Knows- DIYUE Fictio...

By Hsienhui1978

Hi everyone! I m a first time writer here. DIYUE are the first couple I shipped after such a long time being... More

From Manila with Love
Forehead Kisses
Officially Yours
Unaired
Lesson from Teacher S
Look What You Made Me Do
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 1
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 2
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 2.1
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 4
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 5
What Happened in Shanghai Pt 6- Final
Smoking Hot Surprise
Doctor Dylan
Homecoming Specials
His Happy Camp
Her Happy Camp
Their Happy Camp
What Happened in Shanghai Epilogue
The Boss
Unpublished
I. Meeting Shen Yue
II. Meeting Wang He Di
III. Her Warning
IV. His Promise
From Reel to Real
Snail Mail
Old Friend
Wired
Kiss 1
Training Mr Right
Won't Cry
Kiss 2
Kiss 3
Memory of the Heart
Do You Miss Me?
Heart & Soul
Hooked
UPDATE: Wired

What Happened in Shanghai Pt 3

974 57 16
By Hsienhui1978

Somewhere in Shanghai, Private room in a pub.

"What is this, man? You can't stop looking at Yue. We are not invinsible, you know," Xi Ze teased Dylan.

"I can't help it. Her dress is freaking short..she is having all the guys ogling at her," Dylan complained, rolling his eyes.

"Her dress is not that short and only you are ogling at her. We are in a private room!" Xi Ze reminded him.

"After we leave here...I need to find something to cover her up," grumbled Dylan.

The boys and Yue had taken a ride from the hotel to this pub which they used to frequent during MG filming days. The boss knew them and allowed them to use a private room and back entrance.

When Yue came down to the lobby earlier, Dylan's eyes widened in surprise. Yue wore the same black dress during Another Me press conference. He could not help starring at the star in the middle of her chest. It is different when he saw her in photos than in reality. She looked far more sensual than he imagined. Dylan asked her why she wore that again and she smiled mentioning that she really liked it and she could still keep it for a few more days. He cursed the sponsor quietly.

"Did something happen with you and Yue? Both of you are acting weird today," Xi Ze carefully asked the question. Dylan did not know he knew about last night.

Now that he mentioned, Dylan realized that Yue had avoided his gaze since they departed from the hotel. She was seated in between him and Kuan but she shifted her body to face Kuan and was talking to him the whole time, ignoring him. And then she had asked Kuan, instead of him to accompany her to the bathroom.

Dylan sighed and touched his ear. "It's complicated. I told her how I feel last night. She didn't push me away, neither did she say anything about having mutual feelings. I told her I will give her time."

"That is great, Di. Seems like you know what you are doing," Xi Ze gave Dylan a pat on his back.

"I hope so. Being away from her for long periods of time is not easy for me. How do I know if she would meet someone else that she ended up liking?"

Xi Ze could sense Dylan's insecurity. "Bro, if you really care about her, you have to trust her. She has feelings for you, I'm sure."

"Did Jia Qi say anything about Yue?"

Xi Ze slapped Didi's back,"She said give Yue time and space."

"Why are women so complicated?" Dylan slumped down on the couch. He had not gotten over their first kiss last night, which he had been replaying in his mind even when he was in Disneyland. Pipi had to call him out of his dreamy state several times.

Just then, Kuan and Yue came back into the room, giggling over something, pulling Dylan back from his thoughts. He eyed them as they sat down together opposite him.

"Yue, did you manage to find the restroom?" he asked.

"Yes! Kuan helped me to locate it and be my bodyguard." She chuckled.

"Don't ask me to do that anymore! People were staring at me when I was standing in front of the toilet." Kuan complained.

"Guys! Did you let anyone know that you are the famous F4 and Shen Yue?" Xi Ze asked.

"No, they could not recognize us. It was quite dark so I was glad Kuan stayed with me" Yue said with relieved tone.

They high five each other.

Dylan coughed loudly. Yue suddenly realized how this must looked like to him, so she casually asked "So, what are we doing tonight? Shall we just talk or just drink?"

Kuan stretched out his arms and legs, "I just wanna drink. And then have a good sleep for tomorrow's photoshoot."

"Actually, we should not drink so much, else our eyes get puffy. So, I suggest we head home in a while," Yue responded, checking her watch.

"But we just got here 30 minutes ago!" Dylan exclaimed.

"She is right. We can do another hour or so. Let's play some guessing game! Loser drinks!" Xi Ze suggested.

"Hey, I thought no drinking too much," Yue said.

"Just sips?"

"I guess that is okay. Shall we play truth or dare?" She asked, eyeing at Dylan.

"Ladies, first. Truth or dare?" Dylan asked her.

"Dare." Yue answered boldly.

"Yue, we dare you to dance," Xi Ze grinned cheekily.

"Anything but dance!!! Argh, all right. What music?"

Kuan went to put some slow sexy music. Yue pouted "How do you dance to that kind of music?"

Dylan grinned "Figure it out. You chose dare, right?"

"Hate you guys. Here goes..."

Yue started moving her body towards the music, swaying her hips side to side, with her arms moving from top, sweeping the side of the body downwards. Dylan's eyes darkened. Why is she dancing like Cheng Xiao? Then she started rocking her shoulders and feet sideways, one arm over her chest and the other one across her hip. All Dylan could see was that star. He glanced at the other two and saw them enjoying the performance.

"Okay, that's good enough. She passed!" Dylan shouted.

"Hey, we didn't say stop yet, bro," Xi Ze said.

"I must say Yue is getting better at her dance. Have you been taking dance lessons?" Kuan said.

"Really?" She beamed. "Cheng Xiao taught me a few dance moves when we were in Arxan. Didi, what do you think?"

"Ahem, okay."

Yue saw he was not looking at her and felt a little disappointed over his lack of excitement. He was acting so strange tonight.

"Who's next?" Xi Ze asked.

Kuan said "Me! I wanna go next."

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth!"

"Tell us the most embarrassing moment when filming MG," Xi Ze asked.

Kuan thought for a moment.

"I think the most embarrassing moment was carrying Yue in her towel from the spa."

Yue and Dylan both stood up "That scene was RATED!" They said simultaneously, looked at each other and then laughed.

Kuan looked at them and grinned. "I have never carried a girl clad in a towel before and we had to reshoot that few times! Yue, couldn't you feel that my hands were clammy?"

"Hands only? or someplace else?" Dylan raised his eyebrow.

"Didi!!" exclaimed Yue and Kuan.

Dylan threw his arms in the air, laughing.

"Kuan, you did fine in that scene. It was fun to be carried by you instead of Didi."

"Why you!" Dylan glared at Yue. She stuck out her tongue at him.

"Guys, you can fight later. Thanks for sharing your moment, Kuan. I was not there so I missed that!" Xi Ze said.

"You should see how Sun Qian was straddling Didi. I wondered if that was her best moment with him," Yue teased.

"Her best moment, and my embarrassing moment. She almost broke my legs sitting on me too hard," said sulking Dylan.

"Sun Qian is such a hottie, how can you say that?" Kuan continued the teasing.

"Don't care, won't care. She is not my type."

"What is your type, Didi? What about Shen Yue?" Xi Ze asked.

Yue and Dylan looked at each other with their big eyes. She glared at him and shook her head slightly, to which Dylan responded with two blinks.

What was that supposed to mean?
Yue blinked back, hoping he would understand her telepathic message.
They know, seemed to be the response.
Yue's eyes grew bigger. How?
Dylan shrugged.

"Hey lovebirds, stop staring at each other." Xi Ze called out, breaking their non-verbal communication.

"We are not lovebirds!" Yue said.

"Whatever you say. Let's move on. Didi, your turn! Truth or dare?" Xi Ze asked.

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss Yue. French style." Kuan challenged Dylan.

Yue and Dylan both answered in unison "NO!"

Xi Ze and Kuan both laughed. "Do you want to lose, Didi?"

"I don't but...Yue, what do you think? Shall we perform for them tonight?" Dylan looked at Yue, checking her expression.

Yue looked at him fiercely, "If you agree, I will skin you alive!"

"I think I can deal with that."

"Wang He Di!"

"Come on, Yue. Be a sport. It's not the first time you kiss Didi, anyways." Xi Ze said cheekily. Yue glared at him. Kuan started chanting "kiss her, kiss her."

Yue went pale and wished that the ground would open up to swallow her. She looked at Dylan, pleadingly. He saw her and cleared his throat.

"Let's not do something stupid tonight. Yue might skip the next gathering! I will forfeit my dare and drink."

He took his glass and drank up.

"Someone is really a gentleman tonight, huh?" Xi Ze teased.

"Hey, it's your turn now. Truth or dare?" Dylan asked turning to Xi Ze.

Xi Ze ended up dancing with his shirt off. They continued laughing, talking and drinking like old times. The gang was back.

———————————

One hour later....

Yue was too tipsy to walk a straight line. She only finished a glass of Mojito. Dylan wondered why she drinks at all. Kuan was already lying down on the couch whereas Xi Ze was on a video call with Jia Qi.

Yue called out, "Hi, Jia Qi! Why are you late for our date?"

Jia Qi giggled, "Oh, I'm sorry. I had a headache and could not come." It was fun to play along with drunk Yue.

Yue gave a big smile "OKAY!! SLEEP MORE!" She did a little dance and slumped down on the couch next to Kuan.

Dylan grabbed Yue by her shoulders. "Okay, that's it. The night's over for you! Xi Ze, Jia Qi, I will send her back to the hotel. You get Kuan."

"BYEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" Yue waved as Dylan supported one arm around his shoulder and dragged her. The hem of her dress kept coming up and he had to look away. Why did she bother dressing up tonight? It's just the boys.

When they arrived at the hotel, Dylan saw that she was already sleeping on his arm. Gosh she is heavy. Skinny but heavy, as he half dragged and carried her to the lift. There was no one at the hotel, just the night staff who was occupied at the reception and did not notice them coming in.

He rummaged through her handbag to get her room key. Once inside, Dylan placed her gently on the bed and carefully removed her heels. He quickly covered her legs with the comforter. His ears were burning. If only she knew how much she affects him.

He went out to the kitchen and filled up a glass of water. She would need this when she wake up. He placed it on the bedside table before turning to look at Yue, who was still sleeping.

Dylan leaned close. Her eyes, nose and lips are perfect. He glanced at her moles. He had been wanting to taste them, each time they had kissing scenes. Unfortunately kissing her moles were not part of the script. The thought of that burned his cheeks and he felt flushed. He should go before he does anything that he would regret.

He brushed his lips on her forehead and whispered "Good night, Yue. See you tomorrow." He switched on the bedside table lamp and moved towards the door when he heard her small, hoarse voice.

"Didi....."

He paused and turned back. Her eyes were still close.

"Yue?"

"Didi...stay."

Didi stiffened. Oh boy, she is doing it again. She had sleep talked in Arxan, which freaked him out the first time. Dylan did a research on this matter later on and found that people sleep talk when they were exceptionally tired or stressed out. Most of the time, they would not remember anything they have said after that. Was she tired tonight?

"Yue, do you know what you are saying?"

"Don't go."

Dylan sighed. He knew this was not Yue talking. He may had gotten close to her since Arxan but never once she said she liked him. She only said she was willing to spend time with him to know him better. He could not pinpoint exactly what changed but Yue obviously saw him as a man, a person, not just "the kid" or "the playful guy". When she gave good reviews of him during the cast meeting on the last day, he was ecstatic. He wanted her to see that he was capable of loving and taking care of her. Right now, the last thing he wanted to do was take advantage of her or create misunderstanding when she was not even clear of what she wanted. Sharing a kiss last night did not mean they had something going on.

Dylan kneeled beside the bed and observed her.

"Didi. I'm an idiot."

That remark squeezed his heart. Dylan reached out and stroke her hair,"Why did you say that?"

"I'm scared."

"What are you afraid of, Yue?" He asked softly, amazed that they were still talking to each other. Tomorrow she would forget. But tonight he needed her real answer through her subconscious mind.

"I like you."

Dylan straightened up. First confession from Yue! His mind did a little dance.

"That's why I push you away."

"You are an idiot," he smiled, stroking her hair.

"They'd hate us together."

"Who are they?"

"Our fans. Our agencies." her brows furrowed. He reached out to caress her cheek.

"Yue, everything will be okay. Don't worry." Dylan said softly. "I'm here for you always."

Her breathing started to pace more rhythmically, which means that was the end of the conversation. Yue's face softened and she looked like she was in deep slumber.

Dylan leaned close and kissed her on the lips.

Silly girl. Don't you know I will chase you even if you ran to Mars? Whether I was Daoming Si or Wang He Di, I would do anything for you.

They shall talk again tomorrow. It would be exciting to work with the gang again. At this moment, Dylan loved his life.

————

Author's note:

Sorry guys, I took awhile with this one. I did not realize it was not that easy to write slightly longer chapters. The sleep talk part was inspired by Mai @fluffysocksugar in her fan fiction which is one of my top picks. As I was discussing this topic with my family, I also found out that I sleep talk! What a discovery 😀😅

Thanks for reading. I felt like I needed to improve on capturing their emotions on words. Learning in progress!

And that star dress is short!

Love,
Hsien

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 1.4K 11
It's a long road to the sexual awakening of Daoming Si and Dong Shancai, but we can't wait for them to get there. *Mature content in some parts*
50.3K 3.2K 59
#WATTYS2020 The lives of rap songwriter, Wang He Di and aspiring singer, Shen Yue, intertwine at a music club in Suzhou. It is love at first sight fo...
62.3K 1.4K 22
A DiYue Fanfic
72.9K 3.4K 38
A forced marriage brings together two actors already on the road to falling in love. But a misunderstanding tears them apart. Two years later, they a...