The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

Від themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... Більше

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

9 | High & Mighty

18.7K 1.1K 116
Від themoonlightdemon

ALVIA'S POV

Was that the same woman whom I had my one night stand with?! She looks ... different! Really different. Beautiful but ... that's not her. That's not how she was when we first met.

Where did the foul mouth Kathryn that I fell for? Where did that loud laugh Kathryn go? And how did my cousin manage to get her to be one of the court ladies? I smiled whenever I saw how out of place she was at dinner last night.

"Excuse me? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall rather than an emperor." Frederick gained my attention by snapping his fingers in front of me.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?" I apologised and asked him to repeat what he said. He sighs but did as told.

"Sir Derrick manage to find one of many resistance camp? That was fast." I questioned. We did just had the meeting yesterday.

"That's what I told him but he told me that he has been investigating the group as well. Seems like there is a lot of our former ally went to their side." This is troublesome. I really wish I could avoid war but it seems that's far from what I wanted.

"Do you want Sir Derrick to approach this camp? Or shall we wait for them to make a move?" That is one tricky question. If we wait, we have no idea how far they are with their taking over Gralia Empire scheme.

But if we make the first move, that means we just lost the fight all together because I know they have been waiting for it. There must be a reason why they put such camp in such open area like so.

"It's a trap," I simply said making Fred confused.

"What makes you said it's a trap?" He asked.

"Because it's exactly what I'll do to lure my enemy into my territory. That place is just a decoy to capture our attention from looking at far bigger than that. My father has been dealing with these Resistance group since he's sitting on the throne. My father warned me about their dirty tactics. I believe this is one of them," I explained.

I don't want any of our soldier to be their victim. Their supreme leader preached that they're a group that believe in peace but in reality all they do is create unnecessary death and chaos.

"Alright then. I ..." I raised my hand.

"But that doesn't mean we don't have to investigate that place. Send a drone and observe their activity. With our esteem guest in the palace, we must be extra careful when it comes to these people." Frederick nods his head.

"Aside from this, I would like to inform you that the children home agreed to be part of the matchmaking process. I guess that is one good news for you." That's good news indeed.

"So ... what kind of test did my mother come up with?" I asked, curious.

"Cooking. Your mother believes that to find the perfect bride and of course, empress of this empire, that person should know how to keep you happy with food since we all know you like to eat. And also she wants to keep the tradition of where the empress is obliged to cook for the emperor's guest," I can't believe my ears.

"Does she really think all those women knows how to cook? I bet they never even went to their own kitchen!" Fred shrugged his shoulder.

"I guess that's one of her way to know who is qualify and who doesn't." I smiled. There is one candidate that I'm sure will pass the test with flying colours. She was a maid after all.

"You seem happy for some reason. Thinking about Lady Kathryn, correct?" I chuckled. It was funny to see everyone's reaction when Kathryn introduced herself as a commoner and a maid to boot.

Her boldness did give her an edge. My mother was pleased to see such honest woman. As she said, honesty is the best policy.

"I was slightly happy to see her there, Fred. I thought I would've never met her again. But I am worried about her safety. Knowing she's not from any prominent family, those other girls will give her hell." I can't help but feel protective.

"I don't think you have to worry about that. Because ..." Frederick pointed at something behind me.

"She can win her own battle," I turned my head around and saw Kathryn having a brawl with one of the noblewomen. My eyes widen when I notice Annabelle is cheering for her instead of stopping the fight!

I abruptly stood up from my chair and ordered Frederick to stop the fight but he was enjoying it as much as Annabelle does.

"Frederick! If Kathryn hurt Lady Verona, she's over! That woman will use this incident to end her!" Fred finally brought back to reality and went to stop the fight before anything happen.

Annabelle should know better than letting Kathryn doing such action. I watched them through the windows while Fred tries to reason with them. When Annabelle turns to face me, I motion for her to meet me right now.

She sighs and walks towards the door.

"Are you out of your mind?!" I asked when she walks in.

"What? Lady Verona was being rude to her. I did tell her that never letting your enemies bring your morale down," I can't believe this.

"You're right but having a brawl is not the answer. What if she wins the fight? Lady Verona will have her head in return. As much as I don't like her, her father is an important figure here in Gralia." Annabelle waved it off.

"And Kathryn represent my house. So I don't see why I should back down." I can't reason with her.

"But you gotta admit. Seeing Lady Verona being shove into the mud is one hell of a scene," Annabelle chuckled. I was this close to smiling but I hold it in. It is comical in a way but ... Lady Verona's family is not someone to mess with. Annabelle doesn't know it yet but I believe that her family has some connection with the Resistance.

I don't want this event to be one of the reasons they attack Glaria.

***

I was finally able to finish my work after such a long day. I don't know why but it seems that today is quite eventful. Perhaps because of that little incident between Kathryn and Lady Verona. I smiled whenever I think back about it.

"Seem like everything is in order. You may have your personal time. I'm going home as well after I'm done printing tomorrow's work." I gave Fred a small smile as I cleaning up my desk. It's already 8 pm. I wonder if my mother kept some dinner for me?

As I step my foot outside of my office, two maids bow when they saw me. It used to startle me but now it is just an everyday thing for me.

"You don't have to follow me around whenever I'm out of my office," I said as I walk with them following me from behind.

"That's not what we're told to do, my emperor. It's our job to follow you around and make sure your needs are tended to." That doesn't sound right. Even maids have their own say when it comes to doing their job.

"You don't have to do anything that's not on your job description." They didn't respond but I know they're grateful for working here. Most of the maids who work here used to work for the other duke and duchess.

And not every nobility has a good intention when it comes to treating their servants. For example, these two were used by their former employer to tended their sexual desire. Knowing my mother, she's not someone who tolerate people who treated other humans like animals.

And because of that nature, she manages to help a lot of less fortunate people and give them a job here in the palace. That is why my mother is known to be a motherly empress when she was in reign. Because she treated everyone as if they're her child and family.

My parents were groom to be leaders and they did their part well. Now it's my turn to do the same as well. That is why my future empress should have the same ideology as mine. Or not better.

I was walking along the hallways when suddenly I heard a voice coming from the royal library. It's odd because knowing my family, none of them would be at this part of the palace at this hour of time.

"You two did hear that, right? A female voice is talking in French?" The maids look at each other before nodding their head.

I was right. It is French but the pronunciation is all wrong. She needs to curl her tongue more if she wants to talk. Since I have time on my hand, I decided to peek my head into the library. And there she was, on one of the tables, a figure seems to be in her own little world.

I was walking towards the figure in stealth mode when she suddenly screams in frustrating while slamming her hands on the table.

"What the fuck is this word even means?! Why do I have to learn all of this while she's drinking wine in her room! She suppose to be here and tutor me!" Kathryn?! I cleared my throat as loud as I could to gain her attention.

"What?!" She yelled as she turned to face me and my maids. Her eyes widen when she saw me before abruptly stood up and apologised for her rudeness. I tilted my head and saw there is a lot of language book on the table.

She's learning other languages now? Well, it's understandable that she's learning by why now of all the time she have?

"Studying?" She nods. I can see her determination but she's just that person who easily annoyed by everything. It's funny to see her being ... herself again.

"I take it that Annabelle will not be tutoring you?" She nods yet again. That's what I expected. Annabelle is a brilliant woman but God! She's just lazy.

"She said that a lady should be able to learn all of this in one day. Also, it's part of my punishment for attacking that noblewoman earlier." Ahh ... strict as ever.

"The thing is ... she's the one who told me to be myself and never let anyone look down on me. I can handle it when others look down and talk shut about me but never ... ever talk shit about my family." She then realised she's being outspoken in front of an emperor and apologised yet again.

"You don't have to apologise for defending your family. If you're not going to defend them, then who will?" She gave me a small smile.

"Am I in your way? Does your highness need to use the library? I can continue elsewhere." I raised my hand when she's about to clean up.

"No. You may use the library as often as you may please. I was on my way to the dining hall when I heard a voice coming from the library. I was curious you see and I just need to check it out myself. But I do have a question," she seems intrigued.

"Why are you here instead of practising cooking for the test? I heard that the others are busy in the kitchen trying to make good food." The maids chuckled behind me. I guess they saw the horrendous stuff those nobles are doing.

"The former empress announced the dishes that need to be cook. The thing is, I know how to cook all of them so ... it's actually not a problem for me." Ahh ... that is interesting to know.

"Besides I have my own secret weapon when it comes to cooking," I smiled when I heard that. So instead of practising, she's here improving herself. Confidence and determination. Points to her.

"I should get going then. I don't want to intrude. Also, here's a tip for you when you're trying to learn a new language. Read a dual language book before trying to pronouncing them. If you understand what the word meant, you can pronounce them better." There is no harm in telling her how to learn, right?

It's not against the rules.

"Oh ... thank you your highness. I will keep that in mind." She bows as I excuse myself. Kathryn Park, I wonder what kind of wondrous thing you'll do to impress my mother in the upcoming test.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

25.5K 2.1K 16
How can an omega know for certain it's love and not just pheromones? Ed's grandma made him memorize a verse in Corinthians to guide him, but knowing...
1.8K 63 21
They're the heirs to their familie's kingdoms but must marry someone they've no interest in. They meet one fateful night, in a beautiful garden and t...
Love in Disguise Від fairy

Романтика

14.5K 390 26
"I thought we had decided not to fall in love." A story in which a Senator married a Sith Lord, but fell in love with another man. Padmé Amidala is...
308K 7.5K 30
BOOK 3 "Dance with me Tallulah." His whisper slithered over my skin, tempting me to comply. I smirked as I brought forth my current, allowing it to c...