Where Do I Belong (a Liam Pay...

By Hattie_and_Ellie

[COMPLETED] "I've been looking for the answer to this question for so long now, but I can't find it. I mean... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen, Part One
Chapter Fifteen, Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen, Part One
Chapter Eighteen, Part Two
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Messages

Chapter Twenty-Three

33.9K 592 62
By Hattie_and_Ellie

Enjoy guys!! We know it's not the weekend but here's an early update for you all. Please leave us some feedback.

p.s dedication goes to @wildchild98 for her wonderful and hilarious comment on the previous chapter. We love you all though, and each and every one of your comments makes us sooo happy. Thanks guys, H & E xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Liam's P.O.V~

"How did it go mate?" Zayn questioned down the phone as Louis drove us all back from Doncaster to London.

We'd made the stop to his mum's place and were all swarmed by his sisters as we tried to get into the house. But even with the noise and excitement in the Tomlinson household, I was far from focused. The whole time I was completely distracted by thoughts of Olivia and how I might still have a chance with her.

"Yeah Liam! What happened between you two? What did she say?!?" I heard Harry yell down the phone, obviously annoying Zayn a little as I heard him curse under his breath.

"We're on the mend lads. Obviously we're not gonna be all fixed up and perfect again but... We'll make it." I smiled slightly as I remembered the way Olivia let me hold her hand, and how her soft cheek felt against my lips.

"WOOO! That's what we wanted to hear! We've been rootin' for you two so much, so that's great to hear!!" Harry shouted down the phone in delight with Zayn and Niall giving out a few words of approval, but the sound of Harry completely drowned their voices out.

"Aha, yeh it is good news. Hopefully she'll meet me tomorrow at the coffee shop. I really just wanna talk with her and spend some quality time with her. Just us." I meant to say that last bit in my head but it sounded fine out loud too. Harry let out a whistle as the others cheered.

"We really are happy for you guys mate. Olivia is a wonderful girl, and a definite keeper." Niall's cheery voice sounded through my phone.

"Yep, she definitely is." I smiled proudly, admitting just how perfect Olivia actually was. "Lads sorry to cut you short of the details, but I need to save my phone credit."

"Haha, so you can use it all on Olivia?' Harry added in response.

"Um yeah, sure Haz. Speak to you all soon. We'll be back in London in no time."

"Alright mate. Bye." Niall and Zayn said.

"Wait Liam," Harry's voice sounded, and he seemed a little more serious this time. "Before you go, just promise me something?"

"Yeah sure Harry, what is it?"

"Promise not to fuck up this time. Olivia doesn't deserve that sort of heartbreak again." His words came to me as a shock, and at first I didn't know what to say.

But then it clicked. Olivia wasn't just a part of my life, she was a part of theirs too. Obviously they felt differently for her, but she was like a best friend or even a sister to them. Hurting Olivia had left them hurting too.

"Of course Harry. I promise. I don't plan on hurting her ever again, or anyone else for that matter."

"Good. That's all then. Chat ya later." And with that, the call ended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were back in London and the next morning I was overly excited. I hadn't exactly slept properly all night, my head just racing with thoughts, but today was the day I was meeting with Olivia.

"Aha, good to see you looking happy again mate." Zayn said as I came into the kitchen for breakfast.

"Hell yes! I feel amazing." My voice lit up the room and the rest of the boys gave me approving grins.

"Right, now calm down, and come get something to eat." Harry said, sounding as if was playing the parent for once.

I jogged over to the kitchen counter, full of energy, and grabbed myself some orange juice and buttered some toast. Without even properly chewing my food or taking a stop to breath, I finished off my breakfast.

"Right, I need to go get showered and changed. Don't get in my way guys."

"You've got like four hours Liam. It's only 9:00." Harry laughed at me as I ran to my room, slamming the door behind me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After showering and cleaning myself up, I'd chosen to wear a pair of dark slightly skinny jeans, a plaid shirt and my white high-tops. Hopefully what I'd chosen didn't look too smart or too scruffy. I mean, we were only going to a coffee shop...

I quickly ran my hands through my hair, aiming for that casual laid back look, but not really getting anywhere (guess I could use a few tips from Zayn, the master of vanity himself). I left my hair naturally and went to grab my navy blazer. Then on my way out, I grabbed my phone and wallet and left for my car.

The boys waved me off, all of them were completely supportive about the whole thing. I mean, they wanted things to work out between me and Olivia just as much as I did.

"Enjoy yourself mate!" Zayn laughed out.

"Yeah, say hi to Olivia for me." Niall smiled happily.

"Sure Niall. Cheers guys. I'll see you all later."

Soon enough I was driving down to the Starbucks round the corner from Olivia's apartment. For her, it was only a 3 minute walk, so she should have no problem getting there.

I found myself a place to park before I quickly put on my sun glasses and made my way to the entrance, the whole time making sure that my head was hung low. I honestly didn't want anything getting in the way of this right now, especially not the paparazzi.

"Good afternoon sir, can I take the number of seats please?" The young barista in front of me looked at me politely. She'd noticed that for now I was on my own but carefully asked the question nonetheless.

"Er yeah. I'm meeting with someone, so table for two please."

"Right this way,"

"Oh, and could we possibly have a seat away from the window?" She nodded at me with a kind smile before leading me to the back of the cafe.

"Thank you."

She handed me the drink menu before heading off to serve the next set of guests. I kept the glasses on, knowing that I looked pretty stupid and maybe a little rude.

But I ignored those thoughts; all I had to do now was wait.

I sat patiently, playing games on my phone, twiddling my thumbs, making funny things out of the napkins, but soon enough, I started to worry.

What if Olivia wasn't going to turn up? This whole thing was a make-up/break-up situation. If she didn't turn up, I knew I couldn't live with myself.

Every time the door opened at the entrance of the shop, I immediately shot my head round to see if I could recognise the long brown locks or that gorgeous pink cheeked face. But it was never her.

Eventually, I folded my arms on the table and buried my head into them.

I didn't know how long I was sat there like that, but soon enough, I heard some feet shuffle to a stop in front of me. It was probably just the waitress... I must have looked like a complete idiot to her, saying that I was meeting up with someone and then being here, nearly a half hour later and still on my own.

I didn't bother looking up, not wanting to see the waitress giving me a face of pity. Why had I even thought that Olivia was going to turn up? I had hurt her right after building up her confidence. She was a broken girl after being with Federico, she has no sense of identity or belonging, and I gave that back to her... right before taking it all away again.

The woman, still stood in front of me, cleared her throat, obviously wanting to make her presence apparent to me.

"Would you like to order Mr Payne?" Her voice was slightly drowned out by the other conversations in the cafe, but I could hear something delightful in her words.

Hang on- how did she know my name? I still had my glasses on, and I'd made no attempt to tell her or even give her a hint as to who I was.

I managed to force my head up from my folded arms and looked directly at the waitress...

"Olivia?" My voice escaped as a whisper and soon enough, I broke out into a huge grin. There she was. My gorgeous girl. Standing here, right in front of me when I though all hope was lost.

"You came!!" This time I had found my voice, and I was literally yelling at her. I even noticed a few heads turn in our direction, a mixture of interested and annoyed expressions.

"Aha, shush. We don't want the whole of Starbucks having to hear." Her soft laughter sent a delightful chill through my body. Without much thought, I jumped from my seat and went to embrace her in a hug.

As I did go to wrap my arms around her, I noticed her hesitate before she finally hugged me back.

God Liam, take it easy. Remember that there are a few boundaries in this relationship. Stop diving in! Otherwise, what's left of this relationship will crumble. I gave myself a little telling off before I released Olivia from my hold and went to kindly pull out the seat for her.

"Thank you." She smiled politely as she went to take the seat.

Once feeling comfortable enough myself, I pulled the sunglasses off and stuffed them into my pocket. But Olivia seemed a little concerned about my move.

"Why have you taken them off?" She half whispered and half screeched. "What if someone recognises you and the cameras come out? Everyone thinks we've stopped talking to each other." Her eyes were frantic with fear and I couldn't help but feel a little angry by the way the media actually caused her to worry like this.

"I don't care what anyone thinks. It's not their business, and if they know what's best for them, they'll keep their noses out of this." I spoke seriously and assessed Olivia as I watched her nod hesitantly, her lips pressed into a straight line.

"So anyway, what would you like to drink?" I smiled back at her and laughed along when Olivia giggled at my quick change of subject.

"Um I'll have whatever, maybe a hot chocolate though, it's pretty chilly outside." I nodded at her before getting the attention of the waitress from earlier.

"Hi, we'd like to order please." As I smiled at her, I noticed how her face changed to one of recognition and watched how she looked back and forth between Olivia and me. Her eyes were literally popping from her petite face as she came to recognise who we both were.

"Um. Y- yes of course. What can I get you both?" She said, stumbling through her words, obviously wanting to remain as professional as possible.

I quickly gave her the order, not wanting to see her intrigued expression anymore.

"Wow, what an expression." Olivia said sarcastically under her breath. I chuckled at her comment and she joined in.

"Well at least she didn't freak out or pull out a camera." I commented.

"Yeh I guess."

The waitress returned with our drinks before giving us one last look over and then leaving to serve the other customers. I watched Olivia intently as she went to take a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Olivia?" I needed to talk to her a bit more about what had happened between us. Maybe apologise some more.

She looked up from her drink and I chuckled as I noticed a bit of the chocolate milk froth coating her upper lip like a moustache. I gestured to her lip and she carefully licked it off with her tongue. Oh god, I wish I could have done that for her. Stop it Liam! Focus!

"I still don't know how I'm going to make up for what I did. I mean, I'll do anything! I'll even eat ice cream with a spoon!"

Olivia let out a cute laugh when I said that last thing, the sound sending trails of butterflies around my stomach.

"But seriously Olive, I really want things to go back the way they once were." This time, I carefully placed my hand on her hand which was resting on the table. She made no attempt to move her hand and she seemed pretty alright with what I was doing.

"Liam, you're not the only one who wants that to happen. But..." I had seen the hope that was just glistening in her eyes, vanish into something else, worry.

"But what? What is it?" I questioned Olivia, trying to hold eye contact with her.

"Have you even considered how going back to 'this' will affect your publicity?" Olivia's hand slowly moved from underneath my own and she put it back under the table.

"Wait, what?! Olivia," why the hell was she more concerned about me , and the way the media would take it. From across the table, I leaned over and placed my hand on her cheek. I noticed how she sighed slightly at the touch of our skin and how her eyes closed for a few seconds before fluttering back open.

"Olivia, I don't care about what anyone says. The boys support us and that's enough to know that we aren't doing anything wrong. This isn't about everybody else's opinion, this is about us." I saw how her lips turned up slightly at the corners and a small laugh escaped her mouth.

"Sure. I just didn't want to be the cause of bad media attention for you Liam, thats all."

For the rest of the time at Starbucks, we barely even touched on the topic of our broken relationship. I didn't want to bring up that night at the club again and I didn't think she wanted to either. Instead, we joked around and laughed. I told her about what the boys had been getting up to recently and how the other night, Harry ate most of the food from the fridge, causing a massive fist fight between Niall and him. Well, until Niall calmed down when Harry said he'd go out and buy some more food.

To be honest, it was just like old times. The way we were so easily talking again without anything seeming so awkward. And how Olivia was comfortably sat opposite me without us having those awkward eye contact moments. Actually, it seemed she was more than willing to look me in the eye, and I loved gazing back into them hazel gems of hers too.

"Well I guess I should get going." Olivia mumbled as she slowly got to her feet, with what I thought looked like disappointment flash across her face for a split second.

"Hey hold up. Why don't you come round tonight? Spend some time with the boys and me, they'd love that." I watched her expressions change, first she was thoughtful, then I saw uncertainty.

"Please, it would be like old times." I gave her my best puppy dog look and laughed when she soon gave in.

"Fine. I'll drop by later tonight."

"Great!" Without giving her any chance to react, I gave her a tight bear hug and felt her squirm a little underneath my weight.

"Aha sorry." I said as I released her, feeling slightly embarrassed by the way I literally pounced on her.

"Um that's alright. I'll see you later then."

And with that, she was out the door. Walking right away from me once again. Damn it, I had to sort this out once and for all. I needed her back with me. Olivia seriously did complete my life. It seemed cheesy, but it was honestly true. She made me a better person, a better man. And as I watched her walk away, the lyrics to a classic by James Morrison poured into my mind...

You are all that i need

For you, I give my soul to keep

You see me, love me

Just the way i am

For you i am a better man

I said you are the reason

For everything i do

I'd be lost, so lost without you............. 

(A/N - woo, reference to the song on the side>>, listen to it if you haven't already!!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww, isn't that gif cute>>>

And did you give the song a listen? We love James Morrison, another incredible British artist xx

Anyway, eugh, crappy chappy we know, but we didn't have much inspiration this week. Hope it kept you entertained though. The next chapters will definitely be a lot more exciting and interesting so stick around.

What do you think of the progress they're making?? Do you want to see them together though?

Just give us some of your thoughts, and please leave us some feedback and comments, we love knowing who our fans are and what they think of our work!! Vote/comment/fan and all the rest of it! Love you guyssssss <33333333333

Hattie & Ellie x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...
13.3K 300 31
Jordan is just your average 17 year old teenager. Well except for the fact that she's depressed, cutting and living alone. After running away from h...
15.1K 243 25
We've all heard of the phrase "And they all lived happily ever after..." right? Right? That's all that everyone wants in this world. Living life to...
1.7M 39.2K 50
{Being Edited} [Book 1] Valerie Styles was taken away from everything she loved. For three years, she's been locked away in a basement, tormented by...