Delicate

By Tippy446

Book 2: The Fated Chronicles Will doesn't trust anyone. Doesn't let them in because he doesn't want to get hu... More

Author's Note
Grammar Nazis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Extra
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Patreon
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Extra
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Extra
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
PLEASE READ
Chapter 80
Writing Delicate
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Delicate Extra 1

Chapter 19

85K 5.1K 4.3K
By Tippy446

TRIPLE UPDATE MY HUMANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my gift for 100k - thank you all for the love and support, it never goes unnoticed.

For those voting religiously for A.M - I hope this is a nice break for you, much deserved. 

Please just comment how you usually would, LOVE YOU GUYS

--------------------

William's P.O.V

I extend my limbs outwards under the confines of my heavy sheets, releasing a groan of satisfaction at the glorious feeling of my body stretching in all the best ways. I spread out like a starfish before flipping from my back onto my stomach with a thump. 

Circling my small pillow with my arms, I squeeze it tight as I bury my face into it with a large smile plastered onto my face. Cherished memories of the night I'd spent with Damon swirling around in my head, making me fully awake and as my legs did a happy dance beneath me.

Never before has someone treated me the way Damon does, as if I were something valuable, a worth I think only he saw. I smile easily in memory of the evening we spent together, one made magical because of Damon. He chose the perfect place, somewhere suited for my horrible needs, pleased my tastebuds and made it beautiful with his presence.

He was attentive, funny and even silly some times, but that just mixed together with everything else about him to create the gem of a man that he was.

Damon is an extraordinary person. One misplaced in a world so cruel and viperous as this one. It made me coil with the need to protect him, to keep him safe and surrounded in a bubble of kindness that'd keep the best parts of him safe forever.

But I was running ahead of myself. I could barely take care of myself, I couldn't take care of him too. Besides, things were still fresh, still so new that I didn't know where we stood. I may be tending rapidly growing feelings towards him but it didn't mean he was doing the same. Didn't mean he felt the same way for me as I did for him. 

He was just so...

A muffled groan escapes me at the ghostly reminder of the feeling of his lips against mine. God, that kiss was fucking perfect. It was all need and passion, sweet and soft, forming all the right things I wanted for so damn long to that I fell apart against him. Melting in his embrace without a spec of unwanted resistance and he swept me away with his attention like if he...

Damon was special, not me. 

I groan again, feeling angry at myself for still obsessing about a kiss that happened two nights ago. A kiss that lasted for what felt like hours, it could've been for all I knew, I barely remembered separating from him to even get inside my apartment. Every time one of us tried to stop, the other would start it all over again and God knows I have no self-control to have stopped it.

Then the next day it was work and I didn't run into Damon, no matter how slow I walked through our hallway. I couldn't even look forward to dinner because it was Wednesday and we didn't eat together on Wednesdays, Damon said he had to run on Wednesday. He was not home when I came from work and I didn't hear his door shut before I went to sleep, so there was no time to squeeze in a visit.

But today was my day off and I hoped to everything living and willing that we could spend even a few minutes together, just a few. We didn't have to even kiss again, I'd be happy with only seeing him again and talking to him. 

Being around him made everything easier.

I knew it was foolish, but I couldn't help the way my heart hammered for him or the way my lips refused to offer anything other than smiles when he was around. Couldn't help wanting to be close to him, to be with him and there for him, in a manner he was always there for me.

I tumble around, much like my scrambled thoughts, before finally pulling myself to my feet. I complete my usual routine without trouble, taking Sassy out, feeding her and showering. I dry my hair to the best of my ability, dressing in sweatpants and a loosely hung shirt that dipped down my left shoulder.

I look around my cabinets and fridge, making sure I had enough for two before getting to work. It takes me a while, but I manage to pull together eggs, waffles, some fruits, sausages and one glass of juice. I set my little breakfast table up for two, making sure everything was perfect before I used my balls and headed next door.

My door opens the moment Damon's does, bringing us face to face with our hands on our individual knobs.

I straighten up when I see him, picking my mouth up from the floor at the same time as I grip my knob. My heart begins running a fucking marathon for me to get to him, but I hold myself in place, I didn't need to scare him away with my overeagerness. I offer Damon a smile, hating the way it wobbled a little out of nerves as well as happiness, hating and loving the way having him in front me made me so weak.

I wanted to see him properly, to touch him and see the beauty which my eyes usually blurred me from seeing. I wanted to be in his arms again, hated this stupid space between us as we both stood awkwardly.

"I made breakfast," I say suddenly as I look up to his dark, oceanic swirls which held me still under them. "I was coming to ask if you wanted to join me."

To join me? What the fuck am I, thirty and asking my co-worker if he wants to smoke too?! 

Damon's deep chuckles ease my nerves as he closes his door and steps up to me, invading my space but not touching me. I look up at him, chest heaving and heart swooning, he'd never touch me unless I wanted him to. A fact which warmed me even more for him.

"I was just going to cook and come ask you the same." He reveals making me snort.

"Great minds think alike." I offer helplessly as I step closer to him. I drag my hand off the knob and into his which hung empty beside him, I fill the space and smile when my vision clears enough to reveal the masterpiece which came packaged as an adonis.

I tiptoe, making sure to make my movements slow enough for him to pull away if he wanted to. But he doesn't, instead, he leans in. 

Damon didn't change his mind.

I close my eyes to stop the tears that simple acknowledge triggered and grip his hand tighter. He meets my lips with gentle want as I press mine to his with soft want. We both hum our satisfaction at the connection, something I'd been craving since the night we parted and even before, drowning from finally having it.
I step back down after a moment, content and lax with the brief sparks the kiss granted me with, riveting my body with shockwaves. I smile up at Damon, pecking him one more time because I couldn't help it, he smiles back at me when we part, eyes gleaming and kind as always. His grip on my hand doesn't waver as I drag him inside.

Damon comes willingly, shutting the door behind him as he steps in only to come face to face with his number one hater. Sassy stands at Damon's presence, growling angrily before going outside to the patio to be alone. 

"You'd think I spayed the bitch," Damon grumbles with a deep frown as he watches her walk away. I slap his chest angrily but he doesn't even flinch, just redirects his attention to me. "What? She is a bitch, literally."

"Let's just eat," I say rolling my eyes as I pull him to the table.

"Fuck, you said breakfast, not a feast." Damon praises as his eyes dart around the set table. I smile with pride but don't say anything to admit to it. 

Then he turns to face me, awed eyes filling with something I didn't recognize but I don't get a chance to as he pulls me to him, caging me within his grasp as he claims my mouth as his and I open willingly. My fingers scratch at the back of his neck making him shiver as our tongues meet, I smile and repeat the action, loving the way his arms held me tight and safe. When we part, Damon's blue eyes are slightly dazed but bright as if glowing for me. I stare at them, admiring their beauty as he stares at me.

"Why is it that we only hang out when there's food?" Damon asks making my eyebrows meet slightly, slow realization creeping in. 

"Because food is amazing and brings people together?" I offer pathetically but he doesn't smile so I try being serious. "Because I work and by the time I'm finished it's too dark to do anything fun."

"We don't have to wait until night." He suggests with hopeful eyes. "You're not working today are you?" I shake my head. "Then stick with me today, we can hang out in my place, walk your stupid dog or I could show you my knife collection."

"She's not stupid." I snap angrily but he just mutters something untangible beneath his breath. "And you have a knife collection? I know you said you had more, but a collection?"

"Does that freak you out?" He asks with eyes full of worry as he looked at me with regret. "Sorry."

"It doesn't freak me out, don't apologize," I say as I think about the best way to put it. "It's just different, that's all." When the shimmer in his eyes fades and he bows his head, I quickly scramble to correct myself. "Different doesn't always mean bad, it can be good. It's good with you, I like different."

His head shoots up, smile wide looking at me like an excited puppy I'd just thrown a bone. I smile and rub at his nape a little more, and I can't help but chuckle at the way his stiff body melts like butter.

"Can we eat now? I'm hungry." I confess and he nods quickly, seemingly having the same thought. With one last peck, we pull apart and take our seats at the small table with Damon caging my legs between his as we ate.

It's a little distressing how quickly Damon and I scuff down the breakfast, conversation a desolate partner accompanying us between the meal. But it was okay because silence with Damon wasn't awkward or weird, it was comfortable and I liked it. 

It let me enjoy the world without fearing it, without fearing for the worse or the actions of the people in which it harbored. The silence let me live, let me breathe, it let me close my eyes and enjoy things I usually forgot trying to watch my back. That all slipped away because I had someone's looking out for now.

I wasn't alone anymore. Damon hadn't changed his mind.

So I smile back when Damon looks up at me, lips closed around a mouthful of waffles and a piece of sausage as if caught in a horrible action. I smile back and laugh, soaking in the peace he brought with him without knowing he carried it.

After breakfast and a quick clean up, I leave an angry Sassy behind to go to an angry Blaze.

Blaze, the bulky thing, greeted his owner with nothing but happiness and eagerness. I can't lie, he may be big but it just added to his cuteness. But I couldn't not laugh when he fell over in his rush to get to Damon, I turned around to hide it when Damon shot me an angered glare while rushing over to collect the bunny that was struggling to get back up.

When I tried to greet Blaze, after several minutes of trying to get my shit together, he just stared at me and I swear those big, black eyes narrowed with loathing. When he was sure I saw it in his eyes, the little fucker hopped away, telling me loud and clear that I was not worth his time.

"Why do both of our pets hate us?" I question, standing back up and making my way to the kitchen.

"Because we're dickheads." He supplies and I nod in agreement.

I follow behind him as he walks deeper into his apartment, directing me to sit and wait on his sofa. I do so without a complaint, mind partially aware that I was coming to see Damon's knife collection.

 I could admit that it was weird, at least but this world's standards, but Damon got excited whenever a knife entered the occasion and who was I to take that away from him. Besides, it was important to him, he said his dad taught him how to use them and it was the only time he'd mentioned his parents in the two months we've known one another.

I wondered if they were shit parents like mine, or at the vest least, a little better. They had to be, he actually mentioned them, even if it was just one time. I portrayed myself as an orphan because, in truth, that was what I basically was.

"So, these aren't all but they're my favorites so it's okay," Damon says with overflowing excitement as he comes into the room carrying a small, black bag between his hands.

He sits down beside me and places the back in the space between us, opening it like a gift on Christmas day revealing a plethora of sharp-edged tools, dagger, and knives of all sizes pilled over one another.

Damon sticks his hand a picks up a black knife, the handle and blade were all black with a rigged handle that was shaped perfectly to fit in Damon's grip as it did now. The center of the blade had a space which was thin and long enough to fit see through but not wide enough to fit a finger through. Somehow the gap was what made the knife look truly intimidating.

"So this one, I crafted the handle with a G10 scale, molding the glass fibers to perfectly fit my fingers, so I'm the only person who can use it, otherwise the balance is off," Damon explains hurriedly as he stumbles over his words. "The core of the blade is made of D2 steel but I married it with a titanium alloy frame to give it the black color."

I watch his with bewilderment as he hands me the knife before moving onto the next one, my mouth opening and closing as I try to keep up while trying to decipher if I heard him right. Had Damon truly made this himself?

"This one, this one I think you would like." Damon chuckles as he pulls out one of the dagger-looking ones which had a red handle. "It's pointy at the end because I gave it a double-ended spear point which was a fucking bitch and a half to get right, almost lost my finger trying to get it right. I'm not sure why I chose a red handle but now I wish I coated the handle in red as well."

Damon glares at the knife as if it was it's fault for his decisions of the past before he places in my hands next to the black one and moves on. I sit and watch with amazement as Damon goes through his entire bag of knives, getting so lost in the tools that he didn't realize I didn't understand half of what he was saying. By the time the bag was empty, all the knives were resting in my lap and hands as he dug inside for the last one, pulling out the one from the night we met.

"This one I didn't make." He says after a moment, voice soft as he turned it carefully. "It was a gift, I got it when I was twelve, it's the first one I ever got," Damon reveals with a weak smile as he relives some forgotten memory. "My brother got it for me, he's the one who carved the wolf designs. Levi's really good at art, he's really talented but he doesn't show it much, he carved the wolves on the knife himself."

I watch quietly as Damon stares at the knife as if it were his own, bleeding heart. I wanted to reach for him, touch him and see what he looked like at this moment, see if he looked just as vulnerable as he sounded. But I was buried in knives which seemed to have no value to him when going against this one, the one that clearly meant the world to him. 

Glancing up at me, the moment crashes down as he realizes what a whirlwind he'd fallen into for the last half hour. One that I may have called boring if it wasn't for the way Damon sunk into a version of himself I could tell he kept well hidden, one I don't think he meant to show me.

"I'm sorry," Damon says suddenly as he places the knife inside, taking the knives from me and packing them back into their dark home, burying them the way he clearly buried this passion of his. "I shouldn't have made you sit through all of that. Goddess, I'm sorry Will, I shouldn't have brought them out."

When I'm free of all knives and Damon's hands are free as well, I reach over and take his frantic hands in mine. Revealing wet eyes with tears he was barely managing to keep back, it made my heart ache for him as he stared back at me. Waiting and frightened, expecting condemnation that I would never deliver to him. I pull one hand away to move the bag to the floor, allowing me to move closer to him where I wiped a thumb across his cheek where the tears refused to wet.

"Stop apologising for something you clearly love," I whisper gently making him shut his eyes tightly, a method I knew all too well to stop the pain from escaping its place inside. "I am happy you showed me this passion of your's Damon, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Don't be ashamed, not with me and not with anyone else." Damon's chest heaves with the weight of my words as he raises his hand to grip mine, keeping my hold on his face steady.

"Everyone else doesn't like it." He reveals with his eyes still closed, thumb rubbing my skin to bring himself comfort. "It makes them uncomfortable." 

"So you hide them?" I ask and he shakes his head. "You hide how much they mean to you?" He nods.

I sigh, pulling him into me so that his head was tucked beneath mine as his arms snaked around my waist. Holding me tight enough to make breathing challenging, but I bared the pain, knowing he needed something to anchor him within this moment. I rub his back soothingly with one hand, gentle slow strokes to calm him while my fingers caressed the silken locks that curled on his head.

"I can't believe you made so many yourself." I start after a few minutes of silence, hands still moving with careful touches. "They look like they're professionally done, like someone amazing did them and I guess that's true, you did them." Damon doesn't reply, just hugs me tighter. "I think talent and art come in many different forms, we've just chosen which ones we deem to be higher than others. I didn't think knives were one at first, didn't think they feel under the category of hobbies either, but I was wrong and I'm sorry for that." 

Damon raises his head just enough to bring his eyes in line with mine, his pointed gaze searching mine searching for a hint of a lie that wasn't there. I continue stroking his back, smiling subtly as I continue.

"I think you're very talented Damon. To have made such a large variety on your own, working steel without help, that's truly amazing." I compliment and catch the way his eyes fill again. "I hope you see how special you are Damon. It may not be in the most conventional way but it is definitely the best way. You have a gorgeous soul and the purest heart I've ever seen, don't hide that away, use it to make you strong."

The tears topple over then, running down his face in a continuous stream as he stared at me, not crying but releasing. Releasing some of the ideals he'd forced himself to live by, ones which didn't approve of the things he adored. I don't wipe the tears away, wanting him to feel them and he doesn't pull away. 

Just stares until he leans forward to press his lips to mine, kissing me to tell me all the words he couldn't say right now. I kiss him back to tell him I understand, kiss him with care to show him I adored him and accepted him. 

He was sweet and good, so damn good it should hurt to be around him. He carried this sort of innocence with him that seemed misplaced but somehow fit with him so well. It worried me and intrigued me, tempted me and scared me. 

When Damon pulled away, I let him sink back into my arms as I sunk into the furniture. Taking care of him the way I knew he needed to be cared for, determined to be the one to do so, even if I couldn't do it for myself.

I'd protect Damon.

--------------------------------

This shit fucked me up. I can't even lie to you, for once my writing got to me.

Thoughts???????

I actually just want to spend a day showering Damon with love, he deserves to be spoiled because I've never seen anything more adorable than him getting nerdy about knives.

Please vote if you liked it and comment whatever you're thinking or feeling, I love feedback.

Enjoy the next chapter!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 187K 50
*COMPLETED* Liam always thought that his first lover and best friend would turn out to be his mate. But after him leaving for two years, and the cont...
131K 5.9K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
124K 3.8K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...
SAVAGE By Jay.

Werewolf

370K 16.7K 30
BOOK 2. CRESCENT FALL PACK. He's arrogant. He's strong He's brutal He's a monster No one knows who Savage truly is, except his family, pack and clos...