Elements of Reality

Od kxmtae__

(DISCONTINUED) (YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CONTINUE MY BOOK!) There exists many galaxies, each one tentati... Viac

Author Note
The Elements
I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
Author Note and Recap
XXXII
Announcement
QnA

II

5.7K 331 516
Od kxmtae__

The early morning wasn't grey, but a soothing lavender. Aurora turned her head to the sky as the colours merged into a soft pinkish peach. At least the morning sky remained the same in the chaos of the dying universe. 

Humming a soft tune to herself Aurora strolled down her street, the straps of her backpack clasped tightly in her hands as she made her way towards her university. Usually her bag would weigh a lot lighter, but for some strange reason she'd decided to take that old book with her, the Legend of the Seven Elements. She knew she'd be better off without it then carrying that old book all the way to university, but she couldn't help it. It almost felt like some kind of magnet she was now to permanently attached to. 

"Oh! That's what I was forgetting." Aurora piped up, stopping in her tracks as she reached the small corner store at the end of her street. 

Tucking a loose strand of black hair behind her ear, she wrapped a hand around the metal door handle, swinging open the glass and stepping inside. She smiled as the warmth of the store engulfed her, a satisfying feeling as she briskly made her way to the drinks section. 

Her eyes scanned the numerous drinks on display before lighting up at the sight of the can on the very end. The last can of energy drink. Reaching out her arm, Aurora went to snatch up the can but to her surprise another hand reached it before her, taking the can into their grasp as they took it from the stand.

"Hey, I need that!" Aurora complained, as she began to turn towards the male, "I've got some crazy long university lecture and I can't survive without my- oh it's you..." she paused, letting her gaze fall upon the man before her. 

The male's eyes widened when he caught sight of the female before him, "Oh... hey." he muttered, obviously not a morning person judging by his choice of sweatpants. "fancy seeing you here."

Aurora slapped a hand against her face as she sighed, "We live in the same street idiot."

Sheepishly smiling, he rose a hand to the back of his neck, "Oh, right... sorry." he chuckled before his eyes flickered down to the energy drink in his hand. He paused for a second, a moment of hesitation before he held out the can, "here, you take it."

Eyes widening, Aurora's lips parted in surprise, "Really?"

"Yeah," he smiled, "think of it as payment for the cooking oil I borrowed last night."

Pursing her lips, Aurora took the energy drink into her hands, "Woah, thanks." she replied, slipping her backpack from her shoulder as she searched for her wallet. On the other hand, the male placed a hand against his hip, extending his other towards Aurora, 

"I'm Yoongi." he grinned, watching as Aurora finished zipping up her bag. 

Smiling, Aurora slipped her hand comfortably into his own, noticing how cold his skin seemingly was as she shook his hand, "Aurora." she spoke, happy that she had managed to make an acquaintance. 

"Well Aurora," Yoongi chimed, letting his hand fall back to his side, "I've actually got somewhere I've gotta be," he stated, "I'll see you around, okay?" he smiled, waving her off as he made his way back through the store and out the front doors. As his figure disappeared down the road, Aurora made her way to the counter, paying for the drink before she too made her way back out into the blistering cold streets. 

~*~

The classroom was so warm after the wintery chill outside and Aurora knew the teacher must've come in early to set the heater for the start of her lecture. Shuffling her way to the back of the classroom, Aurora slipped her backpack off of her shoulder, dumping it onto the floor before plopping herself down in a seat. Feeling the warmth in the air she took off her jacket and draped it over the back of her chair, cheeks rosy and flushed with heat as she turned back towards the front of the classroom. 

The air had a cinnamon perfume scent about it and Aurora could tell the room was mostly full. So many people gathering around one another in small groups, Aurora couldn't help but feel a little lonely. 

Resting her head against her palm, Aurora watched as the teacher made her way over to the door, ready to close it in order to begin the lecture. It was a new teacher, and she could already feel the questioning gaze of the female as she eyed Aurora's form. 

Aurora knew she wasn't normal. 

That she wasn't like the others. 

Gaze flickering absentmindedly out the window, her eyes were illuminated by the sun. They weren't your average brown, blue or even green, but more like a deep and rich purple hue. When she was born, doctors were completely baffled by the rare sight of a girl with purple eyes... but it wasn't only her eyes that were odd. 

Eyes framed by long, ebony lashes free of mascara, Aurora looked down. The light from the window cast itself softly against her hair, creating a glistening glow. Her hair was midnight black, but when it was in the rays of the sun it appeared almost as if she had the stars in her hair. Speckles of silvery light glistening in the sun. 

Some people called it weird. 

Others called it beautiful. 

Once she was even called a god. 

Aurora learnt to ignore the stares, ignore the comments and questions, because just like everyone else, she didn't know why she was born this way. 

"Are you stalking me or something?"

Snapping out of her trance, Aurora's gaze flickered up from the desk. Her lips parted in surprise and her eyes widened, "Yoongi!?" she exclaimed, shocked that she had failed to notice that the raven haired male took the same class as her. 

There was a moment of shared silence between the two before Yoongi spoke up, "I guess it's just a coincidence" he chuckled, slipping into the seat beside her as he emptied his bag, taking out his belongings and setting them up on his table. 

"A weird coincidence..." she muttered, "how come I've never noticed you before?" Aurora piped up, also unzipping her bag as she too set up her note taking equipment. 

Sweeping a few stray strands of hair from his eyes, Yoongi turned towards Aurora, "I usually sit down the front, and besides..." he pointed towards himself, "From the back, I look like a normal asian guy." he grinned, letting his hand fall back to the table. 

"I mean, you're not wrong." Aurora chuckled, realising that ninety percent of people in this class had standard black hair. "But," Aurora gestured towards his ear, "I noticed it last night, you've got a tattoo behind your ear?"

Biting down on his lower lip, Yoongi slouched back in his chair, crossing his arms over his slender form, "Ahhh... I guess you've noticed it." he sighed before sweeping the hair from behind his ear to reveal the tattoo, "No one actually believes me, but I was actually born with it." He chuckled, "Pretty crazy right?"

Aurora's eyes glued themselves to the marking. It was so bold against his skin so pale, a small black symbol of a crescent shaped moon. "I believe you."

Yoongi froze, eyes widening a little as he removed his hand from his hair, "You believe something like this?" he questioned, gesturing towards the marking on his skin. 

Aurora chuckled as she pointed to her eyes, "I mean... have you noticed my eyes yet?" she laughed, battering her lashes a little, "If I can be born with purple eyes there must be some crazy scientific explanation as to why you have the symbol of a crescent shaped moon on you." she stated, a smug smile on her face as she left Yoongi dumbfounded at her words. 

"I guess you're right" he shrugged, "By the way, I just thought you were wearing cool contact lenses or something." Yoongi chuckled earning a small pout from Aurora as she turned back to face the teacher. 

"Everyone seems to think that." She huffed, leaning her head against her hand as she propped her elbow up on the table. "From the moment someone meets me, they basically call me a fake." she frowned, earning a look of remorse from Yoongi.

Twisting his lips, Yoongi turned back towards the front, "You're not wrong." he sighed, eyes falling absentmindedly onto the blackboard at the front of the classroom. For as long as he could remember, Yoongi had always seen himself as an outsider, an abnormal among society. Starting with the obvious, he had a perfectly shaped crescent moon marking located behind his ear. Although most of the time it was hidden by his small strands of hair, people always ended up eventually noticing, assuming that it was some rebellious tattoo and that he was just some bratty teenager. Second to that, he almost never felt the cold. It was as if he was immune to the effects of the global cooling crisis, being able to walk around in a t-shirt like it was nothing. He felt odd, like an outcast. 

Noticing Yoongi's somber state, Aurora bent over in her chair, reaching for her backpack. She unzipped the material before pulling out her energy drink. "Here." she smiled, holding out the can towards Yoongi's surprised form, "Seeing as we both have to survive this boring lecture, lets share it."

Thin doll like lips twitching into a small smile, Yoongi nod, "Sure."

~*~

Stumbling through her front door, Aurora made her way inside her apartment after a long day of university lectures. Ever since she'd picked up that book from the library, she'd felt a weird sensation overtaking her, something drawing her back to the pages of that book. 

Letting her bag slide off her tired shoulders, she quickly shut the front door, keeping the cold night air from entering her apartment before she turned back to her bag. Kneeling down she unzipped the middle pocket of the bag, reaching inside to take out the heavy book she'd been carrying around all day. 

The soft moonlight from the open window illuminated the leather as she let her fingers glide along the surface, but she was quick to flinch at the touch, letting out a yelp as a sharp pain was sent rushing through her skin, "Fuck it's hot!?" she shout, shaking her hand a little before blowing on her fingertips. The surface of the book felt like a burning fry pan, hot to the touch. 

Sucking in a painful breath of air, Aurora took her backpack into her hands, tipping the bag over and allowing for the book to fall out on its own. It slipped out of her backpack, landing on the wooden floor with a thud. Standing to her feet, Aurora quickly scurried into the kitchen, fetching her pair of oven mitts before returning to the old book. 

"Don't mess with me here." she muttered under her breath as she took the book into her protected hands, opening the front cover and flicking through the pages once again. She was about to stop at the final page but ended up flicking a page further. 

Gasping, she noticed a new page had formed, new information seemingly burnt onto the coffee stained paper. The letters were imprinted in small black ink, small flames trailing along the last sentence, "A warning to the keeper?" Aurora began to read, heart rate accelerating faster and faster as her eyes fluttered over the newly formed ink. She definitely wasn't dreaming yesterday, nor was she dreaming today. 

This was real. 

Short on breath, she continued to read,

'by continuing on with this book, you will be releasing the sealed powers of the seven elements once again. Powers that have been sealed away as an act of protection for those who have been chosen by the universe to carry them.' 

Frowning, Aurora paused, "You've gotta be kidding me... this shit is actually real!?" sighing, Aurora's shoulders fell, "I'm not gonna believe any of this until I see it with my own two eyes."

'It will be your job to find the elemental wielders and restore the balance of the universe. But be warned, opening this book will provide the whereabouts of the seven elements to not only you, but to bad people too.'

Aurora gulped, biting down on her lower lip as her eyes continued to flicker over the harsh words, 

'Help find them, help find us ~ K.N.'

"K.N?" Aurora muttered, taking the pages into her hands once again as she flicked back to the first page of the book. Her eyes widened in disbelief when there was no publishing date, location or author name to be found, only the cursive letters 'K.N' printed against the page, "I really need to find this K.N guy." she noted, deciding it would probably be best to seek answers before she did anything reckless. 

Taking the pages into her hands, she went to shut the book but was taken aback when the pages began to flicker on their own, "Wait!-" 

too late. 

Mind going completely numb, Aurora felt her heart sink to the bottom of her stomach when the page full of warnings flicked over. The book had been continued, the journey started. 

"Well fuck." she scoffed, slamming the book shut and hoping for all of this to just some sick prank by an overly skilled magician or something. But her fear was only confirmed by the sound of a loud thud next door. 

Aurora was still seated on the floor when a loud and blunt noise rose from the apartment next door, Yoongi's apartment. She barely blinked, just picked up her phone from the floor and found herself quickly walking out the door to check up on the raven haired male. 

She made her way out the front door, and even though she was wrapped warmly in her winter coat, she was still shaking. None of this felt right, it all felt like some sick dream she was yet to awaken from. As she took another step forwards her stomach shifted uneasily, the hands she was hugging herself with now pinching into her skin out of nerve. 

All the reasons why she shouldn't of taken that book came flooding in, as if her body chemistry just sent them an invitation. She could feel the soft panic grow as she placed a steady hand against the door handle of Yoongi's apartment. 

"Yoongi?" she called out, just loud enough for the male to hear her. "are you alright in there? I heard a loud noise and-"

Before Aurora could even finish her sentence the wooden door swung open, "DUCK!" Yoongi cried from inside. 

Eyes widening in shock Aurora found herself bringing her arms quickly over her head as she ducked to the floor, a large porcelain vase flying over her head before shattering against the concrete wall behind her. She flinched as the vase broke into a million tiny pieces, shakily lowering her hands from her head. "Yoongi, what... w-what's happening?" she stuttered, rising to her feet as she straightened herself up. 

Midnight black hair falling messily over his eyes, Yoongi rose his palms out in front of him, his lower lip trembling as he looked at his hands. "I-I don't know." Sucking in a painful breath of air, Yoongi rose his hands to his head, scrunching his hair in-between his fingers, "What's happening to me!?" he cried breathing becoming noticeably more rapid as Aurora took a step forwards into his apartment. 

"Yoongi, you need to calm down," Aurora spoke nonchalantly as she carefully made her way towards the trembling male. Yoongi never struck her as the kind of guy to freak out so easily, so she knew something was up. Fragments of glass lay against his carpeted floor, illuminated under the soft light of the moon. Papers were scattered across the room and furniture lay toppled over against the now damaged walls. "Just take a deep breath." she breathed, noticing Yoongi flinch as she came closer towards the raven haired male. 

"No, don't," he exclaimed, raising his hands in defence, "don't come near me!" he warned, obvious concern in his voice as he backed away leaving Aurora in a state of utter confusion. 

Further backing himself away, Yoongi failed to notice his fingers brush lightly along his keyboard. With the simplest of touches, Yoongi yelped as the instrument was repelled from his hand, flying across the room. Aurora found herself leaping out of the way as the keyboard brushed past her startled form and into the wall with a loud crash. 

Slapping a hand against his forehead, Yoongi groaned, "There goes all my money."

Aurora found her breathing hitching in her throat, heart almost beating out of her chest as she pointed a shaky finger towards the male standing opposite her, "You just-"

"-Yeah I know..." Yoongi scoffed, calming himself down a little before he continued, "I just disobeyed the laws of physics."

Eyes widening, Aurora shook her head, "No, you didn't disobey them!" she called, hands falling to her side. Yoongi cocked his head to the side, brows furrowing in confusion as Aurora continued to explain, "You didn't disobey the laws of physics," she smiled, "you represent one!"

Placing a hand against his hip, Yoongi's feline eyes sharped, "I've seriously got no idea what you're talking about." 

Rolling her eyes, Aurora recalled the marking she had seen on Yoongi's skin. Obviously the seven elements would've already been born into this world, but if their powers had been sealed away for so long, they wouldn't have any clue about their hidden abilities. 

"Yoongi... you're-"

The foreign sound of heavy footsteps cut Aurora short, silencing the two individuals in the room. Gulping, Aurora slowly turned her gaze towards the still open front door, stomach twisting into a knot as she remembered one of the very few warnings from the book. 

Landing his feet heavily against the front doormat, a tall and almost devilish man stood before them. He licked his lips with his reptile like tongue sending a shiver down Aurora's spine as his golden eyes locked themselves onto Yoongi's form, 

"Found you."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

20K 575 34
I recommend not reading this, I wrote it a few years ago and I've improved! The Mother Earth is awakening, stronger than ever before. she is plannin...
Dream Od Jiwoo

Fan fikcia

632 122 56
I could only think about how stupid I was to get them involved. It could have been just me, but I always have to dig my nose into everything. That's...
310K 10.7K 49
Y/N... A young girl. She got to know that theres a 7 prince and a Devil King who has tamed the kingdom. Only one can save the world from the devil a...
5K 339 62
Not many can say they've lost the light of heaven. Mortals live out their entire life awaiting the day they will experience the light of heaven for t...