A College Romance Bethyl

By BethylTWDFan43

In this modern tale, while young, studious, and beautiful Beth Greene experiences college life for the first... More

Chapter 1: New Girl on Campus
Chapter 2: BFU Clubs
Chapter 3: A Ride from a Mysterious Guy
Chapter 4: Zwiller's
Chapter 5: A Party
Chapter 6: Rethinking
Chapter 7: Regret Is Nothing Lust Can't Solve
Chapter 8: Playing A Game
Chapter 9: Oh
Chapter 11: Avoidance
Chapter 12: A Bust
Chapter 13: A Hit and the Prince
Chapter 14: Now or Later
Chapter 15: Roommates
Chapter 16: Daryl the Babysitter
Chapter 17: A Surprise!
A Moment of Silence
Chapter 18: An Awkward Dinner
Chapter 19: Jack
Chapter 20: My Favorite Things
Chapter 21: Back
Chapter 22: Joe's Tavern
Chapter 23: In You Arms
Chapter 24: Shit Out of Luck
Chapter 25: Coping
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Plea Bargain
Chapter 28: Moving Forward
Chapter 29: Frustration
Chapter 30: Present
Chapter 31: Outted
Chapter 32: Avoidance
Chapter 33: Graduation
Chapter 34: Expired Lover
Chapter 35: Five Years
Chapter 36: Old Wounds
Chapter 37: Play Date
Chapter 38: When Hershel Comes Home
Chapter 39: Looking at the Truth
Chapter 40: Confrontation
Chapter 41: A Date
Chapter 42:What Love Feels Like"
Chapter 43: Breakfast
Chapter 44: An Ass
Chapter 45: Make Up
Chapter 46: Feelings
Chapter 47: Telling Mychal
Chapter 48: Baby Talk
Chapter 49: Twins
Chapter 50: In Which A Punch Is Thrown
Chapter 51: Fleeting

Chapter 10: A Look

2.6K 79 38
By BethylTWDFan43

Chapter 10: A Look

Waking up the next morning, Beth feels slightly elated due to last night. Sure she almost crashed and burned, but giving Daryl that peck on the cheek made her realize something that wasn't as clear before. That it's okay to feel something other than nervousness and anger. That being alone isn't a lifestyle it's a shitty choice.

Walking out into the living room, Bob and Sasha and another black guy stare at her in her pj pants.

"Good mornin'." Beth grabs a cup of coffee before perching on the arm of the couch.

"Mornin', this is Tyreese, my brother." Sasha takes a sip of coffee and Tyreese nods to Beth.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Beth."

"Nice to meet you too. Heard you used to go to GHU. Terrible school, wasn't it?" Tyreese looks up from his sudoku and Beth smiles. His broad smile and thick beard make her feel like he is a sweet football player or maybe an artist if some sort. Definitely a big, tall, stocky guy.

"Yeah. Why I came here. Listen, I think I'm gonna go for a run around town. Need to wake up." Setting the dirty cup in the sink, Beth goes back in her room and changes into tight Capri leggings, a purple wind tank top, and a light black zip up jacket. Pulling on her running shoes, she grabs her headphones an iPhone and head out for her jog.

Heart beating. Scenery flashing by. Lungs pumping harder and harder.

Passing the library, Beth ends up running toward Ellis Hall, where many students end up to take their science classes. She pumps her legs harder and accelerates faster. Coming around the corner she runs right into a broad person and gets entangled in the grass.

"Sorry... I wasn't paying attention..." Beth fades off when she finds Shane staring her in the face.

"Man, you were movin' fast." He helps Beth off and they dust off the dirt. Looking at him, Beth is caught on his muscles, her eyes looking him over and over. His bare chest glistens with sweat and Beth feels funny in her stomach.

"I just needed to take a run today... "

"Yeah, relieves stress and helps you think clearly, which I think we all need from time to time." Shane steps closer to her and she can't help but feel a tingling in her throat. "Heard you and Dixon went on a date last night."

"You could call it that, I guess. It's really none of your business though." Beth fixes her pony tail and glowers at Shane, who has a smirk on his face and a mischievous glimmer in his eye.

"Of course. I'm sorry. Are you doing anything later?" Like a crocodile snapping his jaws down on a bird, Beth jumps at the snappy response.

"Well, I...."

"We'll leave the dorm at 7:30. I want you to experience a real date, with a real man." Before she can answer, Shane pecks her lips with a half forceful, half tender kiss on her lips. Placing her fingers to her now abandoned lips, she feels a pang of guilt as she saunters back to her room.

Whilst in the elevator, her mind scurries back to last night outside her door.

"Was this supposed to be a date?"

"Oh"

As the elevator door opens, Daryl greets her with a brimming smile.

"Good morning Greene. Yer up early."

"Yeah, I went for a run. What are you doing with all that.... junk?" He looked like a kid getting ready for a backyard adventure- backpacks slung over his shoulders, two big boxes, and several blankets.

"You and I are taking a day trip with the band."

"Umm, no. I can't I have tons of homework." Liar.

"It can wait. The guys and I need to properly welcoming you to our group. So come on, back in." Without even getting out of the elevator, Daryl presses the button and both of them head down stairs where she just came from and out to the van that is parked by Daryl's motorcycle, who she just realized is called Brewskis, by the tag on the back fender.

Packing the things in the back, Daryl quickly opens Beth's door before she can.

"My lady." He ushers her in and her cheeks become warm and red from the gesture. Once in the van, Daryl drives them out of town and towards the mountains.

"Where exactly are we going?" Looking around the car for a clue, Beth spots a picture on the dashboard of Daryl and an older woman with grey hair.

"Uh uh, can't tell ya sweetheart. Jus gonna have to see for yerself." Picking up the picture Beth can tell she isn't his mother by their faces and the way he's holding her.

"Who's this?" Holding it so Daryl can see, he grabs it from her and puts it in the glove compartment.

"No one. A friend. So you run every morning?"

"Um, not really. Mostly when I need to clear my head. I thought the guys were coming?" She gives him a sideways glance and he scratches his long hair above his right ear and then focuses back on the road.

"They are... they jus need to get some things and Rick'll bring em out."

"Who's Rick?"

"My best friend from when I was lil. He's one if my roommates. Has a girlfriend named Michone, who's always over and stuff. So you live with Bob and Sasha?"

"Yeah, they're cool. Met her brother Tyreese today. Also live with Shane..." Daryl gives her a scolding glance and them shakes it off. Beth can't tell if he's mad, or bothered.

"He round a lot?"

"Well, not really, usually off with his fraternity brothers and stuff." Daryl seems to be white-knuckling the steering wheel and Beth can only assume he's still sleeping with Andrea.

"Good. You really need to stay away from him. He's not a good guy Beth. You need to know that."

"I'm not prejudging anyone Daryl. So far he seems nice and so is everyone else. I'm not gonna condemn anyone until I know them by my own experiences." She tries not to sound snotty, but it comes out through her tone and posture- folded arms and crossed legs.

"What's he been sayin' bout me?" Daryl seems to becoming defensive an Beth looses herself.

"Same thing yer saying about him. Listen, I have to live with him and you also. I'm not flip flipping every time I have to be with the other. So if you don't wanna know, don't ask."

"Fine. I don't wanna know anyway. Jus another asshole anyway."

"Who? Him... or you?" He glares at Beth from the corner of his eye and ten his eyebrows lower and become sad.

"Never mind."

Driving south on the interstate, Daryl eventually gets off and heads toward a forested glen. When he finally stops, Beth can see a small course, splattered with bright neon paint all over.

"Wow." That's all she can say and Daryl just chuckles an unbuckles himself and then her.

"Hope you like paintball."

"I... I never played before."

"Seriously? You have to be joking." He gives her an astonished look and she just bounces in her seat.

"Yeah. It's how we initiate people into the group. Come on, we can get a few hits in before the guys show up." They get out and he opens the back doors up. Riffling through one of the boxes, Daryl pulls out a pair of black based pants and a black padded coat. He also reaches in and hands her a covered face helmet with goggles. "Throw these on. You'll wanna be padded if you get hit."

"Okay." She slides the items on and just stares at Daryl, who is removing his shirt to put on a jacket similar to Beth's. She can't help but admire his muscles as he searches for pants and a helmet front the box. "Oh..."

"You say something?" He turns and eyes her up and she swallows hard as he shakes her head no. "Okay... thought I heard something."

Opening the second box, he pulls out what look like AK47s and a huge container of paint balls, four different colors-red,blue,pink, and yellow.

"Let me guess, you want the pink balls?" He smirks at her.

"Let me guess you want the blue balls... oh wait..." She begins to laugh and Daryl just joins in. "Can I be yellow?"

"Sure Was a lil nervous for a second. Thought you were gonna take red."

"Nah I like yellow better."

"Okay." It doesn't take long for the guys to show up with Rick, who decided to stay. They all get ready and discuss the rules. "Okay men... and woman... rules are. Everything with a yellow pass on it is game to hide in. Stay in the blue wooded area and don't get list. First deadly shot is an out. Last one standing wins the game and gets free drinks and dinner from the rest. Any questions? No? Good you have a three minute to stake out yer ground before you can begin to fire. Go!"

Much like in the Hunger Games, everyone scatters into the woods. Beth high tails it into the deepest part of the woods, making sure she is looking for her marks to stay in boundaries. After she thinks three minutes is passed, she asses the area and scopes out a hiding ground where she can strike from. Seeing a high rock she begins climbing it. Reaching the peek of the slippary prehistoric boulder she finds her eyes caught in a gaze with none other than Daryl.They both stand up and quickly draw their weapons.

"Wait... why should we fight?" Daryl says with a puppy dog face on.

"Cause... it's the game?"

"Right, but ya know. We can team up so we have the upper hand. Defeat Rick, Merle, and T-Dog. I think we can have two winners." He steps a bit closer and lowers his gun to the ground. Beth chokes up on the butt of brace of the gun and then lowers it after she feels it's not a trick.

"But... that's not really fair unless we're in teams." He steps closer to her and brushes the hair from her eyes and she feels her whole body go into a tingly sensation from his touch.

"Trust me. They're out there conspiring just like us. Only they'll turn on each other quicker than dogs over a bone. But we..." He places a hand on her waist and the other on her cheek. "We're the true survivors. We work together like puzzle pieces."

Over in the distance, they hear someone yell out of pain, but pay it no mind. Beth examine's Daryl's eyes and touches. She can't figure out why this is happening... or what exactly is happening. But Daryl inches closer and soon Beth has no choice but to drop her gun, when Daryl pulls her into his arms and kisses her passionately. Her eyes slowly close as they kiss and she tilts her head back to accomodate Daryl's five inches of their height difference. Her hands feel dangly and awkward just hanging there, so she pushes them in his hair. After a few minutes of continuous making out, they both pull away to breathe. They hear the fight coming closer and crouch to the ground.

"Damn it!"

"What? Daryl, what is it?" Beth scoots closer to Daryl, who scurries to the edge of the boulder.

"Merle and Rick must've partnered up. Shit. Merle's ruthless and Rick and a fantastic shot. But that's what you get from a guy who's in school to become a cop."

"What about Merle?"

"Hunts. How's yer shot?" He looks over to her and she blushes.

"I never hunted or shot a gun... sorry you picked the wrong partner." She looks down, embarressed and Daryl inches closer.

"I'd always pick you, Princess." Leaning in he kisses her forehead and then crawls over to get his gun. "We need to strike first. Catch em off their guard. Let's go." Getting up, he pulls Beth to his feet and they shimmy down the less steep side of the boulder and start running back toward the start. As they keep vigil, Beth can feel the adrenaline and fear rushing to her body. Weaving in and out of the trees, Daryl and Beth keep up with each other and reach the stream. As they cross it, they hear a rustlying in the trees and keep hopping from rock to rock until they find the abandoned tunnel. When they reach the tunnel they climb ontop of it and hide behind the brush. As they look over the top of it, they hear a click behind them.

"Shoulda known better than to choose the tunnel top lil brudder." Merle has his gun drawn and both Beth and Daryl roll over to face him.

"Yeah... Neither should you." Daryl kicks dirt up into air distracting Merle and then shoots him three times in the chest. "One down. One to go."

"Shit!" Merle says as he feels his chest, smearing red paint in his gear.

As they hustle down, Daryl waits behind the edge of the tunnel. When he thinks he hears Rick in the dark tunnel he looks around for an idea.

"Gotta draw him out." Daryl looks at Beth and she seems confused.

"How?" Without and answer, Daryl gently, but forcefully pushes Beth in front of the tunnel. When Rick comes running up to shoot her, Beth flinches and Daryl knocks her out of the way, hooting Rick in the thigh, chest, and stomach.

"Fuck. Are you joking!" Rick says and Merle and T-Dog come closer.

"No, cause no he has to shoot his pretty lil girlfriend." T says and they laugh. Daryl looks at Beth an she glares at him.

"Go ahead. Shoot. You already tried to sacrifice me." Beth says and draws out a long breath.

"Do it Dural." Merle says with power in his voice. Daryl raises the gun to Beth. As he's about to pull the trigger, Beth wipes up her gun an shoots him four times in the chest. Everyone falls silent as they look at Daryl. Taking off his mask, he looks at Beth confused.

"I win, boys!" Beth says and soon they all start chasing and shooting each other. As they laugh and become splattered in paint, no one really accounts for the time.

At the end of their game, after all the paint balls have been shot, Daryl builds a fire as Rick, T, and Merle head back to Rick's truck for beer. Beth is at the back of the Van taking off the gear and wincing at all the welts she has all over her body. With her back facing the inside of the open van, her eyes scope the the fire that they built in the middle if the course's fire pit. Suddenly two strong arms grab her from behind, making her jump.

"Jees! You scared me." She laughs and whips her towel at Daryl, leaving a cracking sound in the air.

"Sorry. Oo, you gotta lotta welts there Princess." Beth smiles and can see he has some too. She lightly presses a finger to one of his. He winces and then smiles at her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a lil sore is all." She rubs her hand across her shoulder blade and he pulls her to him.

"Comere, let me help you with that." He pulls her into the van and closes the doors behind her to block out the bugs. "Lay on yer stomach."

"Why?"

"Jus do it." He gently lays her down, with her face on one if his sweatshirts, which make her grin cause of his scent. He straddles her across her ass and she's a lil taken aback from that, but soon relaxes. He rubs her shoulder blades and hums to himself.

"Hold on. I can't feel anything." She has him get off and she pulls off her jacket and is in her tight tank top. "Okay, I'm ready."

He begins massaging her again and she tries not to moan in delight. She's never been touched like this before and it feels amazing. He does a deep thumb grind into her shoulders and soon moves down her back. Leaning forward he begins to kiss her shoulders and back. She rolls underneath him to face him. When he looks down at her, he can feel excitement take over his body and leans in and kisses her. Against the shag carpet, Beth feels the pressure of his cock against her stomach and she doesn't know if she wants to continue or stop.

Daryl abruptly stops and looks down at Beth, who seems to be a virgin to the situation. He sighs and gets off. Sitting up, she feels like an idiot, but also hurt from his absents.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be doing this." He leans against the side of his van and Beth crosses her legs and pushes her hair behind her ears, never questioning what he's doing. "Beth, I have to be honest."

"Okay..."

"That woman in that picture.... her names Carol and... I've had relations with her." Beth stops in her place. Remembering the woman from the photo, she recalls her being around 50 years old.

"Okay...."

"Beth, I still care about her. I shouldn't be doing this. It's not fair to you." Beth slumps in her position and Daryl rubs his eyes. "I feel like I'm caught between..."

"A rock and a hard place... well you don't have to tell me which one I am. Cause I have a good guess as to which category I fall under." Pulling on her jacket she gets out of the van and trudges up to the fire.

"Beth.... I'm sorr...."

"Stop! I don't care if you have someone who you care about more than someone you just met! I care that you keep messing with my head and my emotions when it's.... it's unfair to me and her!" Rick pulls into the area and Beth saunters up to the car. "I need a ride back to town, please."

"Merle and T. you can get a ride back with Daryl. I'll take her home." That was it. They left the truck and Beth got in. As they leave, Beth looks at her phone. 9:47. To late for Shane. She already missed that date by two hours.

Perfect avoidance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 285 26
Sequel to Beth's Old Sweet Shoppe After telling the woman of his dreams that he drunkenly cheated on her, Daryl Dixon now must face the consequences...
47.1K 1.5K 38
This story is promoting BETH + DARYL. I am using the same characters from The amazing show, The Walking Dead! This story begins when the prison is ra...
4.3K 276 20
She is the Ultimate Track Star, he is the misunderstood new kid in town- together, their story is one for the ages. Beth Greene has everything, Beaut...
24.4K 710 43
Maggie Greene feels all alone in the world. Her mom (and her mom's new boyfriend) are very abusive. Maggie only puts up with them to protect her youn...