Chapter 21: Back

Chapter 21: Back

After getting the truck all packed up and saying goodbye, Beth slams the truck door and they start driving home. On the way to the interstate, Daryl looks at Beth as she gives him a smile and longing eyes. He doesn't know how he became so lucky or how he ended up with her, but he knows he'd do anything to keep her safe and happy. 

They say nothing as they make their way back to BFU. Around 7:00 pm, they pull into their parking space outside Caris Hall. Helping her out of the truck, Daryl grabs her bags and his. When they get in the elevator, Beth finds herself staring at a poster for DS. 

"Daryl, when's our next gig?"

"Um, I think tonight at 9.... we don't have too..." She cuts him off.

"No! I wanna do this. I was asking cause I'm excited. I have to find the best outfit."

"You know no one really cares what you wear right? You could go up naked and they'd all stay and watch..."

"Don't even think about it. I am not playing bass naked. I have morals." He leans over and kisses her cheek real quick.

"I know. I was joking." Walking to their room, Shane passes them and says nothing. When they open their dorm, they find Merle, and T-Dog sitting watching the XXX channel. Beth quickly turns around and walks backwards to her and Daryl's room. "Really? You two have nothing better to do? We got a gig tonight. So stop jerking off and get yer shit ready...kay?"

"Take it meetin' the fam didnt' go so well?" Merle grumbles as he buttons his pants and shuts off the tv. 

"No, it went perfect. They like me. We had a good time." Daryl sets the bags by the table and sits in a chair.

"Well..." Leaning forward, Merle talks softer to Daryl, "You uh.... ya know....get some ass for stickin' yer dick out for her?"

"No. Merle, ain't like that. We jus' stayed at her parent's house and hung out with her family." Merle sits back and crosses his arms.

"You ever gonna get any or is she jus' gonna tug ya around by yer prick?"

"Merle, that's enough. Get yer shit ready for the gig so we can go." Standing up, Daryl leaves them and goes to the bedroom, accidentally walking in on Beth changing tops. "Sorry..." 

He turns around and faces the door while he lets her get her top on. He wished he wouldn't have seen thatm because it's just so more tempting for him. 

"You can turn around now." He turns around and she's in a new t-shirt- a black one with a white tied quarter note on it. Going over to her, she just smiles and notices a stain on his shirt. "You can't wear that shirt tonight...Here." Reaching out, she slowly pulls it over his head, exposing his scarred back and chisled chest in the front. She momentarily feels his chest and can't stop feeling him all over. Standing on her tip toes, she kisses his lips and feels on top of the world. His hands slide up her shirt a bit and holds her around her back. 

They back up to the bed and he lowers her to it. With a knee on either side of left thigh, he leans over her and kisses her neck and everything exposed, which isn't much, but still. She feels him on her thigh and knows she wants more, but can't right now. However she can't say no. Her hands slide up and down his back and she nibbles on his shoulder and neck. A knock at the door comes and they pull apart from each other and she finds him a shirt. Opening the door, Rick is taken aback by Daryl's pink face, due to him and Beth smashing their faces into each other.

"T and Merle says they need to head to the studio so they can pack up the van...you going with 'em... or meeting them there?" He has a sarcastic smile on his face and Daryl shoves him a bit. 

"We'll meet 'em over there. We need to unpack and things..."

"I got ya. Oh and Welcome back bro. Missed ya."

"Missed ya too."

Closing the door, Daryl turns back to Beth sitting on the bed with a shirt for him. Walking over to her, he kneels in front of her and she plays with his in her hands, fisting it and pushing it back. Tipping his face back, she kisses him gently on the lips and then on his neck. His hands find their way to her waist and he can't stop touching her. 

"Beth....mmm." He moans when she starts sucking on his shoulder blade. Getting up he, pulls her to her feet and she just smiles up at him.

"I like this one." She hands him the deep purple shirt and he puts it on. Looking back down at her he loves her so much that he feels he's going crazy.

"You'll never understand what you do to me." He says with a whispering voice. She gives him a questioning look and smooths his shirt down on his chest.

"Explain it then."

"It's...huh, it's like you are my heart beat or my breath. Like when you're not around I can't live and when you are around I feel so powerful. I...I don't know how to put it in words." She kisses him again and smiles. "Let's go. We gotta gig tonight."

They leave the dorm and head, in the truck, to the gig site. The whole way over, Beth sits in the center of the bench seat and leans her head on his shoulder and holds his hand. He focuses on tonight, but being back with her, without her family's eyes on them, he can only have joy for what they can do by being back.

He never really stops thinking of her and he never knows if he can think about anything else as long as he has her... but he never wants to try.