Chapter 45: Make Up

Chapter 45: Make Up

Being back with Daryl feels normal and wonderful. Beth hasn't second guessed it since she apologized. After two months of being back together, Beth and Daryl seem to be back where they were in college...except they have a five year old son who's smarter than both of them.

Picking Beth and Mychal today, Daryl is excited about everything he has planned.

"Good morning Daddy!" Mychal calls from his chair and Daryl picks him up and spins him around.

"Hey Pooka! Where's mommy?"

"Inside getting her things. You need a hair cut. Mommy gave me one yesterday!" He points to his head and Daryl laughs.

"Do I? Is it really bad?"

"Too long! Mommy cut it for you."

"Haha, okay, maybe later Pooka. You excited for today?"

"Yeah!" Beth walks out of the house in overalls and a red shirt and kisses Daryl before Ruffling Mychal's hair. "Mommy! Cut daddy's hair like mine!"

"Haha, it is getting a little too long. Can't even find yer eyes."

"He's like an Old English Sheep dog! Roof roof roof!" Mychal imitates a dog and bounces in Daryl's arms.

"Oh my, it begins." Beth laughs and they get in the car, folding his hair in the back with Mychal. "So, what are we doing today?"

"Today, we are playing some fun games. You remember Tyreese right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, Tyreese has a son who has similar disabilities like Mychal and he plays different sports in a league Ty coaches. He told me to bring Mychal down to see if he likes it and them I was thinking lunch. Some dessert, drop Mychal back off here and you and I can have dinner."

"Sounds like fun. What do you think Pooka?"

"Yes!"

Getting to a small field where other kids in wheelchairs or walkers or with canes are playing some games. Getting out, Mychal seems really excited to see the other kids.

"Mommy...." he tugs on her pant leg and she smiles at him bouncing in his chair.

"I see... let's go meet them." As they walk over, Tyreese smiles and hugs Daryl and then Beth.

"Girl, I ain't seen you in a long time. Still gorgeous as ever. This is my son, Devin and Xander. You must be Mychal."

"Say hi, Mychal..." Beth says as he hides behinds her in his chair.

"It's okay to be shy. You wanna go learn how to play some catch?"

Mychal nods and Xander and Devin wheel over to the others with Mychal beside them.

"He's cute. The twins were excited all morning to get another teammate. How are you Beth?"

"I'm great...How's Sasha?"

"Married to Bob now. They're having their third in about two weeks."

"Third? Oh my." Beth is taken back. Sasha was kinda stuck up most of the time Beth knew her. She never seemed to be motherly at all.

"Yeah. Stookey's coming back from his final deployment to be with her. You two should come to the welcoming party. They'd love ta see ya."

"We'll have to see, but we'd love to go." Daryl says as Beth leans into him.

As the afternoon drag on they watch Mychal speed around the field playing catch with the pillow like ball. He seems happy and excited. As they sit under the tree and watch, Daryl smiles at Beth, who's cheering and laughing at the happy children.

"Merry me?" Catching her off guard, Beth does a double take of him and smiles.

"Yes..." She smiles shyly at him and he kisses her. Placing a ring on her hand, she leans closer into him and feels home again. "Woohoo! Go Mychal!"

"You think he's happy?"

"I know he's happy. Look at him playing out there Daryl...he's so beautiful...Let's do it." She looks at him and he doesn't understand. She kisses him and he's still confused. "Let's have another baby."

"Yer positive you want too?"

"Yes. I'm scared, but I want this for him...for us."

"Okay."

After they say goodbye to Mychal's knew friends, he's so tired from all the games that they decide just to take him home for a nap. After tucking him in bed and kissing him, Daryl and Beth shut the door behind them and stand in the close hallway, chest to chest and looking deep into each other's eyes.

"You wanna go do out thing?"

"What's that?"

"I can't tell you."

"Fine...how bout a clue."

"Hmmmm......no."

"Grrrr. Yer frustrating."

"An you're gorgeous." He smiles and they walk out to his truck. Getting in he drives for a while and then stops in front of a house. Getting out, Beth doesn't know what this place is, but she follows him inside anyway.

"Wow! This is beautiful." Looking around at the decent sized house with all the amenities and luxurious items, Beth is more than excited about checking the whole thing out.

After going through the five bedrooms, three bathrooms, game room downstairs and the kitchen, living, and dining, and family rooms, Beth stands on the balcony just gazing at the sunset. Coming behind her, Daryl wraps his arms around her and kisses her neck.

"What do you think?"

"This place is amazingly beautiful...Really expensive I bet."

"Do you like it?"

"I love it...who lives here?"

"We do."