The Boy Next Door

By bluegirl331

Skylar Lawrence has the perfect life, right? Well, you thought wrong. Sure, she has friends, and she is popul... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30

Chapter 29

5.1K 201 1
By bluegirl331

Chapter 29

I smiled as I ran to my friends. They engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you!" Taylor squealed.

"Thanks." I hugged her. Matt patted me on the back, and I looked at Will. His expression was blank. He grabbed my arm; my sleeve was still pulled up.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked obviously hurt.

"To tell you the truth, even I forgot about it. I was about to say no when he asked me for proof, but then I remembered it." I said as I hugged him. "I'm sorry." He sighed.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault. Let's get you home. You have another big day ahead of you." He said.

When I got to my house, it was just Will and me. Matt drove Taylor home, so it was just the two of us. Will took me over to his place. I saw his parents as soon as I entered the doorway.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry we couldn't make it. How'd it go?" Mrs. Grant asked as she threw her arms around me.

"It's ok, and pretty great I think?" I turned to Will for the answer.

"She did amazing Mom." He said with a proud smile.

"That's wonderful. I hope that scumbag rots in jail." She said.

"I do too." I replied.

Will took me up to his room. I jumped down on his bed and looked at his ceiling.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Just wanna talk." He said while lying down beside me.

"'Bout what?" I asked as I turned to him. His face was just inches from mine. He wrapped his arms around me.

"You did great there today, but I just want to talk about if he doesn't go to jail. I'm sorry to be a buzz kill, but I want you to know what can happen." He said with worry in his eyes. I nodded for him to go on. "He could be placed on probation, or he only goes to jail for a little bit. I just want you to be ready for whatever happens."

"I know." I said.

We discussed the different outcomes, until I drifted asleep in his arms.

The next morning, the Grants drove us to the courthouse. They wanted to be there for me, and I was happy. Taylor and Matt were already there.

We walked into the courtroom, and I saw Jace sitting there. I was sure to give him a smile. I wanted to show him that I was happy without him, and that he couldn't make me miserable anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 1.5K 50
Sam Lund just moved into California, and her neighbor is a gorgeous, rude, and ignorant boy, Nate Vernon. She is dealing with many family problems, y...
275K 2.1K 34
Kiara West is in love with her best friend Cody Simpson. But when he leaves Australia and she never hears from him again, her whole life is changed...
Forever Bound By Sar

Teen Fiction

6.7K 103 40
Book Two of Three. Skylar and Blake have been dating almost 6 months. They have always been close friends, and that hasn't stopped. If anything, it's...
1.3K 23 16
"Things change everyay. People fall in love, people fall out of love. A life is born, a life is taken. Nothing is ever guarenteed or set in stone, no...