The Boy Next Door

By bluegirl331

Skylar Lawrence has the perfect life, right? Well, you thought wrong. Sure, she has friends, and she is popul... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 23

6.3K 217 4
By bluegirl331

Chapter 23

            After school, we had another softball practice, our first game was coming up in a week, and Coach wanted us to be perfect. It was just a typical practice, and of course afterwards, we were all stiff. Will still insisted on coming to all my practices, despite my protests.

            On Thursday, school went fine, and after practice, Tay and I went to go party shopping. We pulled into the grocery store with Tay’s mom. Her mom was actually really cool, and she was here to purchase the alcohol.

            Tay’s mom really did not care if Tay drank because she knew that Taylor would do it even if her mom wouldn’t allow her. Mrs. King found it easier to just go along with our ideas.

            We grabbed a shopping cart and began going through our list. We needed cups, napkins, snacks, and the alcohol. Mrs. King went to purchase the beer as Taylor and I did the real shopping. We threw the napkins and cups into the cart and went to find food.

            We decided to get chips and pretzels. You could never go wrong with junk food. We also grabbed some pop for the kids who didn’t drink, including me. Tay and I paid for the stuff and met Mrs. King at the car.

            “Am I bad mother by doing this?” she asked jokingly.

            “Nope, I love you just the way you are.” Tay said with a smile.

            “Good. Now promise me you won’t get too drunk. Sky, can I trust you to keep an eye on this one?” she said while nudging Tay.

            “Of course Mrs. King.” She gave me a disgusted look when I said the name. “I mean Marissa.”

            She looked pleased, and we made our way home. I dropped Tay and Marissa off at home, and I started to put the stuff away. I wasn’t going to set my house up for the party until the next day. We didn’t have softball practice because Coach Wilson had to go to a wedding, so Tay and I were ditching school to set up for the party.

            “Party time!” Tay yelled a she walked through my door.

            “Not yet, we still have to get this place ready.” I said while standing in my pajamas.

            “’K. Did Will stay home too to help us move this stuff?” she said while gesturing to the furniture.

            “Nope, he had a big test that he didn’t want to miss.” I replied. She rolled her eyes.

            “Ugh, now we have to do this by ourselves.” She was being such a drama queen.

            “Stop complaining and help me move this.” I told her.

            We were trying to lift a couch, and Tay was being no help whatsoever.

            “Come on Tay, lift with your legs.” I joked. She gave me the death glare, and I backed down. About two hours later, all the furniture was cleared to make a dance floor.

            “The last thing we need to set up is the food.” She said. “Now food I can do, but furniture, never again.” I laughed at her seriousness.

            We put the chips and pretzels into giant bowls, and we placed the cups out. We weren’t going to put the beer out until closer to the party, as well as the pop.

            A few hours before the party, we started to get ready. Tay had no idea what she was going to wear, and she was freaking out.

            I lent her one of my old dresses that didn’t fit me anymore, but it looked amazing on her. It was red and tight, but it ruffled at the bottom. I threw on my little black dress. It had long-tight sleeves, and it shaped my body perfectly. I put on some light brown eye shadow, mascara, and a little bit of lip-gloss.

            “Curl your hair.” Tay demanded.

            “Bu-”

            “Do it.” She ordered.

            I sighed and began to curl my red hair. By the time I was finished, I was glad Taylor made me curl it. It looked really good. I looked over at Taylor; she was straightening her long, blonde hair.

            Will came over after he got dressed. He walked into my house wearing dark-wash jeans and a navy shirt that highlighted his eyes. He looked great. I walked over to him and kissed him.

            “Well thanks for not ditching school; we had to move all the couches without your help.” Tay said with a smirk.

            “We, you mean me, right?” I asked with a smile.

            “Hey, I’m fragile.” She retorted. “Remember, I’m ‘small.’” She said while putting air quotes over small.

            “Whatever.” I smirked at her.

            The guests started arriving at eight, but most didn’t show until nine or ten. I was having a great time. I managed to get Taylor to not drink as much as she usually does. I was dancing with Will to the music. It was a blast. Then someone got the bright idea to play a game of Truth or Dare. Half the people were already drunk, and I knew that this wasn’t going to end well.

            We began the game, and it was the standard questions and dares, like “do you like so and so” or “I dare you to make out with him.” It wasn’t very original. Then it was my turn. I chose truth.

            “Hmm. Well, is it true that Jace raped you?” some drunk basketball player asked. I was appalled. People should not be asking about stuff that personal.

            “No, he didn’t.” I said through gritted teeth.

            “Then why is he in the slammer?” someone else called.

            “Domestic abuse, now may we move on?” I said impatiently. My temper was growing short with these drunks. One of the important reasons why I didn’t drink-you turn into an asshole.

            The game continued, but I was bored. Some people went back to the dance floor, and I followed them. Will was attached to my side the whole time. We danced even more and had fun. We kissed at times, but around one o’clock, the party started to die. A lot of people had to leave around then because they didn’t want to get in trouble with their parents.

            By three, there were a few drunks left, and I kicked them out. Then there were just four. Will, Tay, Matt, and myself. I went into my room and slept next to Will, while Tay and Matt were in the guest room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 226 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
123 29 10
Raina has been homeschooled her entire life but for the senior year, she is allowed to attend school with her friends from her neighborhood. Her neig...
12.9K 264 20
Sunny, a girl who lost her mother two years ago. Her father constantly rapes, beats, and abuses her. Over and over again. She goes through her daily...
Forever Bound By Sar

Teen Fiction

6.2K 96 40
Book Two of Three. Skylar and Blake have been dating almost 6 months. They have always been close friends, and that hasn't stopped. If anything, it's...