Mine (an African love story)

By Skai9876

Anima and Danny have been best friends since birth. They do everything together and are practically inseparab... More

Foreword
1. Beginning
2. Market
3. Confession*
4. Awkward
5. Helping
6. What?
7. Her
8. Messed up
9. First Time
10. What are Those?
11. Dinner for Too Many
12. Picnic
13. Drinking
14. Doctor
15. Confronting
16. Truth vs Lie
17. Gate Talks
18. Couple
19. Reconciliation
20. Church Talks
21. The Truth
22. Reveal
23. Teamwork
24. KP Concert
26. Shook
27. New Life
28. Song to You
29. Say You Love Me

25. Welcome Back

771 113 24
By Skai9876

1 month

"Seriously, I think she's more excited to see you than me." Danny tells me as we sit on his verandah. I giggle as he fakes a pout.

Today, Danny's older sister, Ama, is coming back from America to visit. She's been there for almost a year for a fashion designing program because she wants to be a fashion designer. Ama and Danny are close, and because of that, we're good friends. When we were younger, she always joked about Danny and I falling in love and becoming a couple. Guess she was right.

"Aw, don't be jealous. I'm sure Ama is excited to see you." I tell him as he continues to pout.

"Whatever." he says, before pulling out his phone to glance at it. He puts it back and smiles at me.

He's been checking his phone continuously since I got here. I trust him, but it's still weird because we both barely use our phones. I ignore it and smile back.

"Does she know? About this." I say, gesturing to my baby bump.

"My parents are bringing her, I don't know if they'll tell her." he says with a shrug.

"Do you think she'll be mad?" I ask him, causing him to grab my hand soothingly.

"No, of course not. She's always wanted us to be together." he says, and I nod.

We hear a car honk at the gate and I start to get nervous. What if Ama dislikes me because I made her brother a father so young? I don't want to cause any problems.

The gateman opens the gate and Danny's father's car enters. I see his mom and dad in the front with big smiles on their face, and Ama in the back seat with a wide smile as well.

They open the door for her and she jumps out excitedly.

"I'm back!" she exclaims, running towards us. Danny stands up and gives her a hug.

"I don't know why you keep getting taller. If you think you're grown now, you're wrong." she teases, pinching Danny's cheek. He swats her hand away and frowns, causing me to giggle.

Ama looks at me and jumps.

"Anima! I've missed you. Give me a hug." she tells me and I gulp.

Danny helps me up and holds me as I balance myself. Her eyes bulge out and she gasps.

"Um, I think you've gained a few pounds, girl." she slowly says, trying to deny what she was seeing.

"Surprise." I quietly say with a smile on my face.

She stares at me with a blank face. Their parents watch the whole thing unfold. Danny squeezes my shoulders. Ama looks at Danny and crosses her arms.

"Eii, Danny. I leave for less than a year and you get your best friend pregnant." she questions with humor in her voice.

Everyone sighs in relief as she gives Danny a high five.

"Congrats, sweetie. I knew you guys would realize you're in love." she tells me, before giving me a soft embrace. I hug her back with a smile.

"Anima, how are you? I haven't been able to check on you." Danny's dad asks me. His dad is nice.

"Da, I'm fine." I say with a smile, giving him a hug as well.

"I'm going to make some food for Ama, should I leave you some?" his mother asks me.

"No, thank you ma." I tell her politely and she frowns but nods.

"Anima and I are going to watch a movie upstairs." Danny announces and I raise my eyebrows at him. We were?

"Don't you wanna hang out with your sister?" his father asks him.

"No, dad. You guys can go, we'll catch up later." Ama says, pushing us away with a wink.

When we get inside, Danny leads me into his room and closes the door. I lay in his bed and he lies down next to me.

"Pick a movie." he tells me, handing me the remote.

I take it and scroll through the movie channels. Most of them I've watched because I had nothing else better to do. I look over and see Danny checking his phone again. Now, I'm worried. He looks like he's actually waiting for something. I put the remote down and sigh.

"What?" he asks me with a confused expression.

I shake my head.

"Nothing, I can't find a movie."

"You sure?" he asks and I slowly nod.

He looks like he still doesn't believe me but he stops asking me about it. He suddenly lowers his hand to caress my belly and I look at him as he smiles at me. He hovers over me and lowers his head to place a kiss on my belly. I blush and cover my face as he starts to speak to my belly.

"Hi baby. I can't wait to see your cute little face. I'm gonna spoil you so much." he says, with a soft voice. I smile at him.

"I promise I'll be the best father ever. I'll always protect you and your mother." he says and I melt at his words.

I pull him back up for his face to be right above mine.

"You're gonna be such a great father." I tell him sincerely, as I hold his face in my hands. He smiles and presses a soft kiss to my lips.

Well it was supposed to be a soft kiss but it turned passionate. I pull Danny even closer to me and his hands explore my body. He deepens the kiss and presses harder against my lips. I moan into the kiss when I trace my hands on his body. I could touch his warm body all day. He breaks away only to put his lips on my neck and suck on the skin. I quietly moan and I begin to grab onto his shirt tightly. I start to unbutton my shirt when his hands gently grab mine. He stops kissing me and buttons my shirt back for me.

"Baby, I really want you but not right now, okay? You're already dealing with the consequence." he quietly says and I nod slowly, blushing as he kisses my cheek.

These hormones are driving me crazy. His phone buzzes and he quickly looks at it. He smiles and looks at me.

"Come on, we have somewhere to be. " he says, as he helps me sit up. He adjusts his clothes and so do I as I look at him confused.

"Where?" I ask him and he smiles.

"You'll see."

* * *
"Are you kidnapping me?" I ask him, as we park in front of our empty church. There's no service going on right now yet Danny brought me here. He didn't answer my questions the whole drive here.

"Yeah, because a church would be such a great place to hide someone." he sarcastically says, as he gets out of the car. He walks to the other side and opens the door for me.

"You never know." I tell him with a shrug.

He holds my hand and leads me into the church. Instead of going into the mass room, we stop in front of the door of the church hall.

"I don't understand what's going on." I tell him and he chuckles.

"Let's go in." he says loudly, making me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

I open the door and freeze in the dark. I quickly feel for Danny's hand and sigh in relief when he holds my hand. Yeah, I'm scared of the dark.

The lights suddenly turn on and within seconds, people are jumping out.

"Surprise!" voices suddenly exclaim, and I gasp in surprise.

I stand there stunned, taking in all the decorations. Pink balloons. Streamers. Colourful lights. And a big poster that says 'Anima's Baby Shower'. I saw a table full of gifts. Wow. The people there are my church mates and some of the leaders. Aunty Gifty was there, even my parents and Danny's family. How did they get here so fast?

Oh my gosh. Music starts playing and everyone starts to dance. April and Tyler approach me with smiles.

"Do you like it?" April asks me and I squeal, pulling her and Tyler into a hug.

"I love it. But this wasn't necessary guys."

"We can't take all the credit. Danny also helped us plan it." Tyler says, patting Danny's back.

I turn to him and smile. This was the reason he was checking his phone all day. He smiles at me.

"Have I ever told you I'm in love with you? " I ask him playfully.

He pretends to think and shakes his head.

"No, I don't think so. It would be nice to hear it." he playfully responds and I giggle.

"I love you." I say, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Well I love you more. I win." he says to me before putting his hands on my waist, almost grabbing my butt.

"Watch those hands sir. " April scolds and he immediately removes his hands from my body.

"Yes ma'am." he says, with a scared look on his face.

"Babe, stop scaring him all the time." Tyler says with a chuckle and she quickly puts an innocent smile on her face.

"I'm just looking out for them."

"And we love you for that." Danny says and we all laugh.

"Group hug, guys." I exclaim with a cheesy smile.

We all embrace each other and I feel so happy in all their arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 134 39
Lies, that is what Luvie believed. William was with Luvie's best friend, Rose. Rose and Luvie were inseparable from freshman year of high school to t...
5.3K 108 41
𝖭𝖺𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗂 π—‚π—Œ 𝗂𝗇 𝗁𝖾𝗋 senior𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗁 π—Œπ–Όπ—π—ˆπ—ˆπ—… 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—Œπ—π–Ύ π—†π–Ύπ–Ύπ—π—Œ π—Œπ—ˆπ—†π–Ύ 𝗇𝖾𝗐 π—‰π–Ύπ—ˆπ—‰π—…π–Ύ. 𝖲𝗁𝖾'π—Œ π—π—ˆπ—‹π—‡ 𝖻�...
140K 5.6K 36
Selah and Micaiah have been best friends for 7 years. They happen to be a little more but choose to keep it a secret. Micaiah wants to be noticed but...
16.8K 1.1K 63
Same love, different story.