The Slytherin Royals

بواسطة MaxineLane

Kallista Zenia Emrys is born in the world of high society pure bloods. Being one of the last remaining descen... المزيد

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
The Life of Kala Emrys
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Voldemort's Last Memory
71
72
73
74
75
76
Scorpius and Sierra
The Ice Queen
The Scorpion King
-1
The Malfoy Family
That One Girl Blaise Zabini Loved
Flint's Special Puff
The Restricted Section
Sierra's Dirty Little Secret
The Slytherin Darling
Darling 1

30

180K 5.5K 10.3K
بواسطة MaxineLane

I don't get to settle that long at the Emrys Manor because before I know it, my godfather takes us to Ireland.

"You are not to sleep in those obscene dormitories for Quidditch players." He says firmly. "He might be dead but your grandfather would soon have my head if you even think of entering that filth."

I laugh at my godfather's disgust. "It's not a dormitory. Ireland provides the National Team a manor of sorts."

"Regardless," He drawls dispassionately.

"Yes, yes."

Severus rolls his eyes. "I've arranged for you to stay at a hotel. It is a mere five minute walk from the Quidditch pitch."

I frown. "You won't be staying?"

"As much as I would like to watch you fly around for hours, I am needed back in London. I have-" He pauses like he's debating on what to say. "-a few things I need to take care of. I will visit often."

-

The suite I will be staying in is a luxurious room with lush silk curtains and gold ornaments. There's an impressive foyer, a formal dining area and a massive living room complete with a shiny black grand piano and lavish furnitures.

It was fit for a noble.

Severus checks all the rooms and when he's finally satisfied with my suite and safety, he nods his head and bids me farewell.

-

I write to Draco that night, telling him about the suite and how empty it was. From his last owl, he's spending time with his family. They're teaching him the family business and taking him to business meetings.

Room service is brought to my room- Severus apparently arranged for meals as well. I eat at the dining table alone and overthink about my first training the next day.

It was still surreal that my grandfather even entertained the idea of his only blood train to become a Professional Quidditch player. It was like he was starring me away from the Ministry on purpose. He's voiced many times in my childhood that he wishes I was into something that gave more power to the Emrys name.

The next morning I wake at five in the morning. A wide assortment of breakfast pastries and fruits are already laid out on the dining table. I pull my hair up and tug on the green trainee Irish National Team jersey that was sent last night. It didn't fit very well- it was obvious trainees aren't usually in my small petite size.

Five minutes before six, I make it to the pitch and sit on the stands. Ireland was doing really well at the World Cup. If they win their next game, they would go against Bulgaria by the end of the summer. Draco and I already got the best seats curtesy of his father.

"Kallista Emrys?"

Startled, I look up and meet eyes with Aidan Lynch. The Seeker and a Slytherin graduate for the Irish National Team. "Oh, good morning."

He smiles offering his hand for me to shake. "We've met once."

"Yeah, two summers ago I think." I say standing from my seat and shaking his hand.

"I've heard nothing but great things about you. An acrobatic star Chaser, yeah?" I laugh feeling embarrassed. "Welcome to Ireland. The team should be here soon."

As if on cue, Quidditch players that I only see in posters or from the stands emerge from the entrance all carrying firebolts and laughing  amongst themselves. The all green Quidditch players were fit and massive.

I resist the urge to jump and scream excitedly. These guys are the best Quidditch players in the world. Ireland Chasers are the best of the best. Nothing can compare to them. They fly like Seekers, hit like Beaters and had reflexes as fast as Keepers. They were a dream.

Aidan calls them over with a wave of his hand. The team makes their way to where we are and their eyes widen when they see me.

"Is this our new trainee?" Troy asks tilting his head to observe me. "We got a good one this year."

Aidan smiles charmingly. "Everyone this is Kallista Emrys."

"Oh, I've heard of you. Quite the flyer." Mullet comments eyeing my customized firebolt.

Moran grins widely. "You're the acrobatic Chaser. You did an upside down dive on your first match didn't you?"

I couldn't stop the blush from my cheeks.

Aidan rolls his eyes at his teammates. "Alright, alright. Let's not scare our trainee. We should get ready to start it's already ten minutes past six."

"Shouldn't we wait for the other trainees?" I ask Aidan grabbing for my broom.

Aidan lifts an eyebrow in confusion. "We only accept one trainee every year. This year, it's you."

-

The training is nothing like the Slytherin practice. The Irish National Team flies faster and do so many intricate formations that I almost can't keep up.

At first, the team does a few laps to warm up. I thankfully keep up easily but then the Chasers -including me- start doing faster laps while throwing four different quaffles at each other. It was a struggle to keep the speed of the broom while making sure I throw and catch any incoming quaffles. I made a mental note to never complain to Marcus about his throw because he had nothing on Troy. Troy throws a quaffle like it's a bludger. After an hour of that, we do a series of formations while bludgers in all directions try to break us apart.

At one point they were flying faster than the eye could see. The Beaters, two massive men, hit the bludgers so hard that you couldn't even see the bludger coming at you anymore. I had to rely on my hearing to know if I was about to get knocked off my broom.

Another hour later, the Chasers start guiding me on another set of complicated moves. It was a compilation of trick shots that needed barrel rolls and sharp turns.

By lunch time which happens to be the end of training, I was a mere seconds away from fainting. I couldn't feel my arms or my legs. My poor broom felt like it was about to combust by how fast we were all flying. I didn't think it was even possible to go that fast.

They made it look so easy when I watch their matches.

I take a seat on one of the benches and start painfully peeling off my gloves and my arm gear.

Aidan sits on the bench next to me and smiles. "How was your first day?"

"Exhausting." I say with a laugh. "I did pretty bad. Dropped a few quaffles and almost got knocked off my broom by a bludger."

Aidan chuckles removing his own gear. "Actually, you're a natural. I talked with the Chasers and they're incredibly impressed. For your first day, you could actually keep up with the speed and learned the formations pretty quickly. You didn't even fall off your broom once. It's normal not to catch every ball, I still can't catch every snitch." He leans closer like he was about to tell a secret. "Even Mullet dropped two quaffles."

We share a smile and I wince taking off my hair tie and bringing down my hair.

"You're what-? sixteen but already you fly better than the reserves." He says sounding proud of his fellow Slytherin.

I shake my head. "Fourteen."

"Pardon?"

"I just turned fourteen." I explain.

Aidan's eyes widen. "You're kidding right? You can't be fourteen and already be this good."

-

When I finally get back to my suite, I fall into my bed and groan painfully. Everything was aching. I always thought I was already fit and conditioned enough but after today, I have a very long way to go before I can be just as fluid and precise as the Irish Chasers.

With all the pain, I felt accomplished. I was living my dream flying with the best Chasers in the world and training to be better.

Suddenly, the floo from the living room makes a sound. I sit up groaning yet again. It must be Severus checking up on my first day.

When I get to the living room, I'm engulfed in a very long hug. "How great were you today?"

I laugh hugging back Draco. "Not great at all. I have a lot to catch up on."

He pulls away a grin on his face. "You'll catch up. You always do."

Draco stays for lunch until dinner making the usually empty suite livelier with him in it. He goes on about his day with his business meetings. He's enthralled with how massive the family business is and can't wait to be able to contribute. Before he leaves for the night, he gives a box of sweets, the ones I like and kisses my cheek. Draco touches my wrist where his bracelet was and smiles.

"For every year."

-

The summer goes by pretty quickly. The Irish train from Monday to Saturday starting at six in the morning until eleven. On Sunday's -our only break- I spend the entire day with Severus Snape.

Fortunately, from dropping quaffles on my first day, I can now breeze through training without dropping a single one. I can fly just as fast as the Chasers can and I've learned to have a sixth sense when it comes to incoming bludgers, players or quaffles.

Draco comes to visit every afternoon. Sometimes he watches the training and every time he brings a new present.

We watch the game before the World Cup Finals. The Irish National Team versus the Polish National Team. The Irish Team having better Chasers, destroy the Polish within the first half of the match. Draco and I cheer excitedly when Aidan Lynch catches the snitch and ends the game taking the Irish to London with their last match against Bulgaria.

On our last day of training, I'm pulled into hugs and pats on the back.

"I can't believe summer is already ending." Mullet groans running his hand through his face. "Graduate already so you can join us permanently."

"I've already talked with the team manager. He's hoping you can come back to train with us next summer." Aidan adds with a pat on my back.

Troy's eyes widen. "They never ask anyone back! That's great news, Kally."

"It's been an honor having you with us. For a while, I thought you're already part of the team." Moran comments with a scratch of his head.

"She is on the team." Aidan confirms passing over an honorary Irish National Team jersey with my last name on the back. "At least, for us."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.4M 34.4K 81
River Potter was taken that night her parents died, by Severus Snape and sent off to live with Zabini family, raised as a Pureblood, she never accept...
139K 3.1K 19
Alice is a pure blood descendent of Salazar Slytherin. Which means she's a blood relatives to Voldemort. Of course, she's not aware of this when she...
358K 14.3K 167
What would happen if Harry Potter was saved from the Dursley's and instead raised as the pureblooded son of Sirius Black. Will he end up following in...
10.6K 363 19
"She could always help me find light in the darkness." -- Draco Malfoy |Drastoria| "They weren't thinking of the broken, fractured world they were...