The Slytherin Royals

By MaxineLane

Kallista Zenia Emrys is born in the world of high society pure bloods. Being one of the last remaining descen... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
The Life of Kala Emrys
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Voldemort's Last Memory
71
72
73
74
75
76
Scorpius and Sierra
The Ice Queen
The Scorpion King
-1
The Malfoy Family
That One Girl Blaise Zabini Loved
Flint's Special Puff
The Restricted Section
Sierra's Dirty Little Secret
The Slytherin Darling
Darling 1

11

208K 5.5K 14.2K
By MaxineLane

"if you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten"

The beginning of summer marks the Malfoy's annual ball. An exclusive party for the elite. It was boring and most times annoying but it was part of being in the world of all things pure blood.

My grandfather and I, floo in. The Malfoy Manor was decorated exquisitely. I was dressed in a black silk dress with a modest slit on the side.

Narcissa greeted us with a charming smile that only a lady of true breeding could pull off. "Welcome, you two."

"The place looks magnificent as always, Narcissa." My grandfather compliments with a smile.

"Kallista, you look absolutely lovely." Narcissa gushes giving me a peck on the cheek. "Draco, darling, Kally is here. Come and say hi."

Draco appears from the other room dressed in a crisp black suit and looking very handsome. His eyes find me instantly and his mood brightens visibly.

-

"What is that tasteless dress Parkinson is wearing?" Daphne growls in an unladylike manner.

Parkinson was wearing a much too revealing almost see through cocktail dress. It was a ball gown only type of event.

"Missus Malfoy looks scandalized when she saw the dress." Theo chimes in taking a sip of his drink.

"I've never seen my Mother's nose turnt up so high." Draco comments not even batting an eye at Parkinson who was currently chatting up Adrian Pucey.

"Even I think it's too vulgar." Blaise adds. "And I've seen them all from my travels to Italy."

Greg and Vince we nowhere to be seen. They were most likely by the food enjoying theirselves.

"If even Blaise thinks that then she'll be sent home early with no chocolate box." I say with a laugh.

I had nothing against Pansy Parkinson. She was pleasant enough with me. Daphne she hated because of Daphne's raising popularity to be the next big society hostess.

Draco laughs with me. "No chocolate box? She'll be lucky if Mother allows her near the food."

-

My grandfather sat at the head of the Malfoy table looking like he was holding court with his army of expensively dressed men in suits.

They were all discussing things in hushed voices. Some even pointing to their forearms. The Emrys' were never associated with the Dark Lord.

Powerful was the Dark Lord but he didn't come near my Grandfather. He's much too respected to have succumbed to joining the Death Eaters but that didn't mean our family didn't offer resources to our friends that were.

It's how my parents died. They were both overseeing the transport of resources to the Malfoy's when the Auror's came mistaking them for Death Eaters and were given the killing curse.

It was those dark days when Barty Crouch gave Auror's the license to use even Unforgivables on any Death Eater confirmed or not.

I was too young to understand when it happened but I knew better now. My Grandfather devastated with the loss of his son went on a rampage effectively removing Barty Crouch from his position in the Ministry and had him demoted.

"In a few years, that would be us." Theo whispers in a low voice to Draco who nods staring at their father's.

"Kally!" Daphne rushes to my side yanking on my arm and twisting me around to face the other way. "Aiden Lynch is here."

I gasp feeling excited.

Aidan Lynch is the Seeker for the Ireland National Team. It was his first year playing for the team and already he was the most sought after Quidditch player in the world. He graduated from Hogwarts a year before we started.

Did I mention that he was in Slytherin? He was the one that taught Terence Higgs- recently graduated Slytherin Seeker- everything he knows.

Daphne represses a sigh. More for Theo- who was watching us with narrowed eyes- than her image. Theo shot a glare towards the handsome Quidditch player.

Draco looks momentarily starstruck with Aidan Lynch. He was a big fan not that he would ever admit it.

I've dreamt of the day I could play with him. He's an excellent Seeker and an even better flyer than most of the current Seekers at the World Cup.

Terence Higgs approaches the star Seeker. Aidan chortles at the sight of his Prodigy patting his back happily.

"Even his laugh is bloody gorgeous." Daphne whispers in a low voice in hopes the boys don't hear her.

Soon, Aidan is surrounded by last years Slytherin Quidditch team. Marcus Flint was laughing with Aidan like they were old friends and even Graham Montague was joking around with him.

Having both of her crushes in one room Daphne couldn't help the sigh that escapes her lips. "Merlin, I don't play Quidditch but I do love it."

I know for a fact that she wasn't interested in Aidan Lynch and Terence Higgs in an understanding way. Theo had her completely. They were just her celebrity type of crushes. Celebrities that our families new personally.

To our utter surprise, my Grandfather approaches the group of boys. They all sort of buckle at the sight of Kal Emrys.

My Grandfather greets all of them like he knew them personally. I didn't know he knew any of them that well.

My Grandfather points to me, startled, I avert my glance to Draco who was already frowning at me. It wasn't like I was the one had a crush on Lynch or Higgs.

And Draco knows, I never take off the bracelet that he gave me if that was any consolation.

"Kallista." I stiffen at my Grandfather's voice. I turn towards him schooling my face into a proper expression. "Come over here for a moment. I'd like to introduce you to someone."

Daphne squeezes my arm. "Introduce me later." She whispers before I make my way to my Grandfather.

I stand beside my Grandfather who wraps an arm around me. I feel the entire Slytherin Quidditch Team's eyes on me. "This is my Granddaughter, Kallista. She's been training with Graham the entirety of last year."

Graham beams at me proudly. "She's astounding. Kally already flies faster than I do."

Team Captain Marcus Flint nods in agreement. "People are already talking about her and she's not even in the team yet."

"I've heard." Aidan Lynch tells everyone with an easy smile on his face.

"You have?" I ask my voice surprisingly steady.

Aidan's smile grows. "Professional teams always look out for the next big thing."

Oh. My. Merlin.

I fight the blush from creeping up my cheeks.

"That's splendid news, Aidan. My Granddaughter has expressed her interest in becoming a professional Quidditch player." I look up to my Grandfather in surprise. I didn't know he knew I wanted to play Quidditch professionally much more for him to openly announce it. Quidditch wasn't very ladylike and it was far from the future he wanted from me.

"The Magpies would love to have her on the team if she gives us the time of day." Graham cuts in reminding us that his father owns one of the famous Quidditch teams.

The boys laugh. "If you can take her from Ireland that is." Aidan charmingly comments.

-

I tell Draco all about the encounter and he smiles brightly replacing the frown he originally had. "That's brilliant, Kally! You've always wanted to be a professional Quidditch player."

"Higgs and I were telling Lynch all about you, the next Seeker. He says he'll watch one of our games next year."

-

The summer goes by quickly. Draco and I spending most of our time in Ireland and Rome with our family. Watching Quidditch as much as we could to study and prepare for the Slytherin try outs for the upcoming school year.

We both swear to beat the shite out of Harry Potter inside the pitch, excessive use of elbows be damned.

We find ourselves in Diagon Alley not too long after with my Grandfather and Lucius Malfoy. There was a ridiculous amount of new books needed this year.

Draco offers his arm for me to take guiding us to the energetic streets of Diagon Alley. My Grandfather and Lucius were in deep conversation. It seems like all the adults were in a secretive mood.

We didn't pay mind to it. It was their business. Our business was crushing Gryffindors in both Quidditch and House Points.

We head to Flourish and Bolts still bickering amongst ourselves. There was a mob of people making Draco pull me closer to him.

"What in the world is going on?" I say as a couple of rowdy teenage girls start screaming in delight.

Draco sneered at the girls. "Book signing with that dimwit."

We both gave a shudder as the man in question poses for the camera. He was no Blaise Zabini that's for sure.

We hurry to get our books, Draco carrying mine as well. I decide that this place is as good as any to practice my excessive use of elbows that I plan to give Cho Chang.

Finally, after digging my elbow in to every witch and wizard in the bookstore, Draco and I finish our list. Screams started again and lo and behold- Harry Potter was smiling to the camera with the man that thought he was Blaise Zabini.

We both roll our eyes.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you Potter?" The snake like smile on Draco's face was anything but friendly. Potter flushes squirming under Draco's stare.

A small red haired girl stepped in front of us glaring daggers. "Leave him alone."

I burst out laughing. The nerve. "Could this be, Draco? Another Weasley?"

"A girlfriend!" Draco looked positively delighted. "Potter's got a girlfriend."

I tilt my head inspecting the poorly dressed girl. "I suppose pitiful people gravitate towards each other."

"You're no better, Emrys." Ronald Weasley snaps nose flaring.

Draco turns up his nose up in disgust. "Judging by your second hand books, we are."

"Ron!" A tall ginger came over breathing hard. "What are you doing?" The tall man- Weasley senior- looked down on Draco and I recognition flashing in his eyes.

Before he could say anything, my Grandfather and Lucius Malfoy came to our side. I flashed the red heads a confident smile. Not many could talk back to her Grandfather and Ronald Weasley looked ready to piss himself at the sight of Kal Emrys.

"Mister Weasley." Lucius drawled looking uninterested. "I'm surprised you're here- with all the raids happening. I do hope they're paying you overtime."

My Grandfather peered down at the group of blood traitors. "Obviously not." Before the incident with Weasley last year, my Grandfather had no quarrel with the red heads. That all changed, of course. "Never mind your money problems, I hear your son likes to hit girls."

Mister Weasley turns red and Ronald Weasley pales considerably.

-

"Did you see the look on the Weasel's face?" Draco says before taking a bite of his ice cream.

Much like last year, the adults have left us for Merlin knows where. I nod my head feeling pleased and reached for Draco's ice cream. He offers it to me.

"This is our year."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 3.4K 114
Ursula Black was only two years old when her mother was killed for resisting Voldemort. She is given to her aunt and uncle, Narcissa and Lucius Malfo...
32.5K 970 39
A story about Krystal Eleanor ; muggle born Ravenclaw and Draco Malfoy ; pure blood Slytherin... Krystal Eleanor, being picked on by Draco Malfoy mad...
89 2 11
Sophia Diamond, an only child from a family with the highest pureblood status there is, comes back to hogwarts in her fourth year with her popular sl...
1.2K 53 11
Y/n L/n, the pureblood related to none other than Draco Malfoy, but they're complete opposites. She meets the famous Harry Potter, becomes a Gryffind...