That Smile (Dave East Fanfict...

By DaveIsFave

Faith and Dave both want a relationship, but aren't eager in taking that step with anyone. Faith feels she is... More

Introduction
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
That Smile II Is Up!

Forty Two.

24.2K 765 503
By DaveIsFave

Excuse any mistakes and enjoy

Faith's POV

I woke up in a cold sweat and looked around frantically. I look down to the side of me and see Kaiden fast asleep. That dream felt so real and now I'm sick to my stomach.

(Scurrrrr. Pause. Yes. It was a dream. Jayceon did NOT break into her home and she was NOT attacked. It was a dream. Dave is still away though. Alrighty you may continue.)

I went to the bathroom and threw up. I did that for a few minutes then I got myself together. I brushed my teeth and cleaned the area around me. I walked out of my bathroom and continued to walk out of my room and downstairs to the kitchen. I need to make sure my gun is in place.

I went to the kitchen and went straight for the drawer where I keep it. It's high enough to the point the kids can't reach it and you can't just pull it out. You have to lift and pull the drawer in order for it to open. I looked inside of the drawer and it was indeed in place.

I placed my hands on the counter and took a deep breath. I've been feeling real paranoid lately. That wasn't the first time I had a dream like that, but it was the first where it fully played out and it honestly scared me. I don't want my son to have to hear that happen to me and I don't want to go through that again.

"Aye Fai-" I jumped and pointed my gun straight at who was talking. "Hey. Hey. The fuck are you doin?" Dave asked looking at me like I was crazy. I am going crazy and I probably need to start talking about it. This isn't healthy for myself or my family.

"You scared the crap out of me." I sat it back on the counter and rubbed my hand down my face.

"Why you got this out?" He slowly walked over to me and grabbed it and placed it on the highest shelf in the cabinet.

"Dave you can't put it up there. I might need it." I stressed.

"For what?"

"Protection." I spoke lowly.

"What's wrong? You look like you been sweating and you look kind of pale." He walked over to me and placed his hands on the sides of my face, lifting my head. He was concerned and it reassured me that he's my protector and I can depend on him...but I can't bring myself to tell him.

I thought about telling him, but I don't want to stress him right now. He's working. I'll tell him. Eventually. Just not now. "Nothing babe. Nothing. I'm fine." I placed my hands on his and moved them. "I'm good. It's just hot upstairs. I came down for some water. Why are you back?" I asked while I went to the refrigerator to grab a water. Then turned around to face him.

He eyed me for a bit before speaking. I know he already knows something is wrong but he's not going to stress me about it. "I forgot to say bye to my baby." He walked over to me and started rubbing on my belly.

"Really Dave?" I laughed. "You behind schedule as is and you made them come back to say bye to the baby?" This man.

"Hell yeah. I love you lil mama." He lifted my shirt and placed his ear to my stomach. He does this everyday. "Word? Well you come out when you ready, but wait til daddy gets back so I can be the first one you see." He said and kissed all over my belly.

"Nah. You stay in there. You still got a couple months to go." I spoke to my stomach. "Are you done?" I looked down at him.

"Don't rush me. We bondin." He stood up straight. "Now. Give big daddy another kiss." He looked down at me.

"Boy please. Don't call yourself that." I giggled, but placed my hand on the back of his neck to bring his head down to kiss me. He was a little slow and steady with the kiss which caused me to get excited. "Can I get a quickie?" I mumbled against his lips.

"No." He mumbled back.

"Come on. Just five minutes." I started to put my hand in his sweats.

"I'm late, baby. I only came back to talk to Aaliyah." He pulled back.

"Who?" I looked at him like he was crazy because he got me fucked up calling me another n-

"I'm talking about the baby. Calm down." He laughed.

"Oh." I chuckled. "And no. I don't like that name."

"Why not?"

"I just don't. It's a cool name for someone else, but I don't want that to be her name." He smirked at what I said. "I'm still not having a girl."

"You're in denial baby girl. It's happening and everyone has acknowledged it, but you." He cheesed and kissed my forehead. "I gotta dip. I love you and I'll call you later." He said while rushing out the front door.

Lately, I've honestly been wanting a girl. I don't know why I have a change of heart, but a little mini me doesn't sound too bad. I could do her hair and Kairi could have someone to play with. Kaiden can have someone to protect. I low key think I want a girl now. We'll see in a couple of months what happens.

I decided for my birth, I want an at home, water birth. I've always wanted to do it and if I knew about Kaiden then he would have been a water baby for sure. I like the laid back vibe from an at home birth. Not too many people around you and just loving and supporting people there. I want my baby to be born into positivity.

Anyways, after me chilling around the house for a little bit, I woke Kaiden up so we could go and pick his sister up from school. "Hey Kai." I said when she got in the car. "How was your day, mija?"

"No mommy. Mijo." Kaiden said being funny.

"Hey!" Kairi said and hit his arm.

"Don't hit me!" He hit her back.

"Both of y'all stop it before I call your daddy." I shook my head. "Say sorry, Kaiden."

"Sorry." He mumbled and crossed his little arms.

"Now." I started. "How was your day, Kai?"

"It was good. We have a field trip coming up and I need you to sign my permission slip." She beamed, putting her seatbelt on.

"Exciting! Where are you guys going?" I asked while driving in the direction of the grocery store.

"The zoo." She smiled. Kairi loves animals and she's expressed that she would like to work with them when she gets older.

"Okay, well remind me when we get home to sign it for you." I said. We drove for ten more minutes and arrived at the grocery store.

"What's for dinner?" Kairi asked looking up at me while grabbing my hand.

"What do you have a taste for?" I asked while we walked inside.

"I want-" Kaiden started.

"I asked Kairi. You having soup for dinner." Kairi snickered and stuck her tongue out. "Hey." I scolded her.

"No mommy." He whined and started to pull my arm down since he was about to start to have a tantrum.

"Kaiden Ace. You know I don't play that. If you don't get yourself all the way together, I will take you to the bathroom where I will tear your tail up and then I will call your father." I gave him the look while I spoke to him. I'm not an abusive parent. He just sometimes needs some assistance in getting in line.

"Chicken noodle?" He asked, straightening up.

"You want some crackers and orange juice?" I asked after we continued our walk.

"Yes please." He said. See. He just needed a little help.

We went up and down aisles grabbing a few things for the house. Kairi decided she wanted spaghetti for dinner, so I picked up all the ingredients for that. I also picked me up a few containers of bakery cookies because my baby was letting me know they wanted something very sweet.

We were on the last aisle when I saw someone I haven't seen in a while. "Vanessa?" I questioned even though I already knew it was her.

"Oh hi Faith." She smiled. She looked very happy.

"How've you been?"

"Good. I've been good. I'm about to pop, but I've been good." She laughed referring to her huge belly.

"I feel you on that." I gestured towards my stomach. "How far along are you?"

"I just hit 39 weeks. It should be any day now. Just waiting on her to decide when she's ready to come out." She smiled. "You?"

"Oh I'm getting there. I'm a little over 26 weeks."

"Do you know what you're having?"

"Nah. I want to wait until I deliver. I'm hoping for another boy, but everyone wants a little girl." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Yeah you always said you wanted a gang of boys." She laughed. "But everything has been good?" She asked leaning against her cart.

"Oh yeah. I'm blessed. Can't complain. Everything been good with you?"

"Mhm. Harley just turned two a few days ago," she said referring to her first daughter. "Got this one about to come, I honestly can't complain."

"Who's this mama?" Kairi asked while laying her head on my stomach.

"Oh. My bad. Uh Vanessa this is Kairi and this is little Kaiden. Brewster's this is Miss. Vanessa." I introduced everyone.

"Aw Kaiden has gotten so big." She cooed. "You two are so cute." She smiled at them. They thanked her and continued to stare at her.

"Aight Ness. I think we all good." A tall man came up holding Harley and speaking to Vanessa.

"Okay. Oh babe this is Faith and her kids Kaiden and Kairi. Faith this is my husband, Ken." She blushed while introducing him. Husband? I'm just now noticing the rock on her finger when she wrapped her arm around his torso.

"Hi." I forced a smile. "Nice meeting you. Well it was nice seeing you Vanessa. I gotta get these two home." I said trying to keep my emotions at bay. This baby really has me in my feelings lately.

"Okay. Hey I'm going to text you. Your number still the same?" She asked me and I nodded. "Alright. See y'all around." She smiled and walked off with her family.

"You guys ready?" I asked the kids forcing a smile on my face. I really want to cry. We wrapped up in the store and headed home.

Why do I want to cry? Because I'm tired of being a girlfriend. I'm popping out babies and don't even have an engagement ring. I never want to be that girl who is like "why her and not me?" and I've never been like that. Honestly I'm happy for her. I really am. She's a good person, we just had a rough patch.

I guess I'm really sad because I love this man with everything in me and I feel like we're at a standstill. I don't want to be a girlfriend anymore. I want to be a wife. I want that security. I want that happiness you get when you marry your best friend. When you're finally able to spend the rest of your life with the one person you love more than anything. Maybe I'm overreacting, but that's how I'm feeling.

"Mommy you crying?" Ace pouted while looking at me at the dinner table.

I lifted my hand to my face and I was indeed shedding tears. I wiped my face and cleared my throat. "I'm not. Your sister is. She's crying through me."

He gasped. "My sister?!" He got excited.

"Huh?" I didn't realize what I said. "Oh." I face palmed myself. "I don't know if you're having a sister, buddy. We'll find out in a few months. You two done?" I asked them standing up as fast as I could. I grabbed their plates after they said they were done and we made our way upstairs so I could tuck them in.

As soon as I got into Kairi's room Dave was calling. I handed the phone to her once she got under her covers. "Hi daddy." She smiled into the phone.

"Hey baby. How was your day at school?"

"It was good. I have a field trip- oh mommy you have to sign it!" She looked over at me frantic.

"I got it. I'll be right back." I made my way back downstairs, very slowly. When I reached the last step, I had to rest for a minute. I went to her little book bag and got the permission slip out. I signed it and paid the ten dollars that was needed. It took me a total of ten minutes because I was so winded.

I walked, slowly, back upstairs to her room and Kaiden was in bed with her talking to their dad. "Oh and mommy was crying." His big mouth said.

"Why was she crying?" I could hear the confusion in his voice.

"My sister was crying." He said since that's what I told him.

"Ohhhh okay. Well I love y'all and I'll be back in a few days. Be good for ya moms and we'll see about getting a puppy." I heard him say.

They got excited and said their goodnights. "Goodnight Kai." I kissed her forehead and stood up.

"Wait." She leaned forward and kissed my belly. "Goodnight baby sister." She said and turned on her side to go to sleep.

"Come on Kaiden." I extended my hand to him and he grabbed it. We got to his room and I kissed him goodnight. He did the same as Kairi, but did it twice. "Why two kisses?" I asked.

"Cause two." He said and kissed me one last time. "Goodnight mommy."

"Goodnight Acey." I chuckled and left out of his room.

I went to my room and collapsed on my bed. "Baby." I heard from my phone.

"I'm fine, Dave." I spoke when I brought the camera to my face.

"What was you crying for? And don't lie." He looked at me in a serious manner.

I signed and decided to go ahead and tell him. "I saw Vanessa today."

"Who?"

"Vanessa?" He still held a confused look on his face. "The girl I used to be friends with?" I tried to describe to him. "Brown skin, thick, prolly movin on some schemin shit." I rapped because I mean I was already starting the line. Why not finish it?

"You so damn corny." He chuckled. "And I remember. The chick that used to dance."

"Yeah her. I saw her when the kids and I were at the grocery store."

"Okay? Why the hell that have you cryin? You miss shorty?"

"It wasn't that." I paused pondering if I really want to tell him. He's going to think I'm being dramatic. "She's married."

"Okay? Congratulations to her." He still held a confused look on his face. I just looked at him and I eventually started to cry. I swear it's not me doing all this crying! "What I do? I say something wrong?"

"No. You just don't want to marry me and I'm going to be a baby momma forever! I'm going to be a girlfriend for the rest of my life and I'm tired of it. She has a nice ass ring and a beautiful family. I want that too." I said through my tears. Yo dead ass I don't cry like this on the regular and this wouldn't bother me if I wasn't carrying a baby.

"Bae please calm down." He tried to soothe me.

"No David. I'm tired of this. I'm bout to give birth to your third child and I can't even get an engagement ring. I've known your high yella, big ass head, struggle beard havin, dusty jail braids ass for over half a decade. Do you see a future with me? If you're not over me cheating then say that, but don't string me along." I said still crying.

"Faith I ain-"

"No it's okay. I get it. I totally fucking get it. Goodnight, David." I flicked him off and hung up. I.....need Jesus. The hell just happened?

Dave's POV

What the fuck? I really don't know what just happened. I thought I was about to have a nice conversation with my girl and maybe some phone sex. Nope. It ain't pan out like that. This pregnancy has her trippin and I've been pretty good at handling everything that's thrown my way, but this shit caught me completely off guard.

How we go from me seeing what's wrong with her to her crying that I'm not over her cheating and that's why I won't marry her. Which by the way is way off the fucking grid. Of course I still think about her cheating from time to time, but I'm not holding it against her. We wouldn't be able to move on if I did that. I haven't proposed to her because I haven't proposed.

I want the moment to be special and memorable. I also don't think we're at that point in our relationship for marriage. There is a child on the way, who could possibly not be mine. We got bigger issues here and I don't think she's realizing that. It's not that I don't want to marry her, because I do, I just want us to get to a better place. And when we do that, then everything else will fall into place. I'm not rushing and neither should she. This a forever thing.....damn my braids really dusty?

—————

I woke up the next morning to run a few last minute errands. I handled that and came back to get ready for an important appointment that I have in a few. I came out here for a specific reason, but I had to tie in some work with it. "Yo E. I'll be right back." I said to Errol and left the house we'd were staying in for the short duration of this trip.

I got in the rental car and drove a little distance. It's a little different around here than it is in the city, but I gotta do this. I gotta do it the right way. I got to the house and knocked on the front door. I'm nervous as shit. She swung the door open and had a warm smile on her face. "Hi Mrs. Henderson." I said.

"Hey David." She pulled me into a hug and invited me inside. "Come on boy. Get on in here."

I walked in and it was nice and cozy. I walked further into the house and saw a little person that I haven't seen in a couple years. "Alto!" Ella yelled and ran to give me a big hug.

"Wassup?" I picked her up and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "How you been? You been doin good in school?"

"Yes sir. I stayed on green all day today." She said quickly and asked me a question I knew she would ask. "Where's Kai Kai? I miss her a lot." She looked at me hopeful.

"Kairi is at home with your aunt right now. Speaking of, you can't tell either of them that I'm here and that you saw me. This is a surprise that only you know about. It's a secret between us and everybody else in the house. Okay?"

"Mhm." She nodded.

"Pinky promise." She wrapped her pinky around mine and I put her down so she could do her homework.

"So Dave. Come talk to me." Faith's mom said patting the seat beside her. I sat down and I'm sure this is the most nervous I've been in a minute. "What was so important that you had to speak with me about?"

"I uh....I want your permission to ask your daughter's hand in marriage." Yeah I've been planning this for a while. I set all this up. I told Faith I had to go out of town for a few days for work and she believed me. I told her I was going to marry her. She just needs to be patient.

Her moms eyed me for a second before talking. "Okay. Why should I say yes? Why do you want to marry my daughter?"

"There's so many reasons why I want to marry this woman. Where do I even begin?" I looked down to gather my thoughts. "Well she's everything I've always pictured myself with. She's beautiful and so is her heart. This woman has been with me for some time now and I'm glad we bumped into each other. She's the best mother to our children. Even though Kairi isn't hers biologically, she took in my daughter like her own. That's when I fell in love with her and that's when I knew I wanted her to be the one to take my last name. I can't see myself with anyone, but her. She's my everything." I spilled out.

This wasn't my plan to reveal all of this, but I'm just being honest. Faith is my everything. Despite the cheating that we both have done, I know she's the one for me. I don't think I can even fathom how my life would be if I didn't meet this woman and she changed me for the better. I'd probably still be messing around with my first baby mother.

"Hm. You seem to love my daughter very much. I can tell by the way you talk about her."

"I do." I nodded.

"Just like my husband before he passed. If he was here, I'm sure he'd give you a hard time, but I know he'd approve of you." She paused. "You have my blessing Dave."

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Thank you Mrs. Henderson."

"When are you proposing?" She perked up, getting excited.

"I don't know yet. I'm still thinking on it, but I want to do it before the baby gets here."

"Baby?" She looked at me confused.

"...yeah the baby." I looked at her weird. She forgot she had another grandchild on the way?

"When did this happen?"

"A little over six months ago?" I'm so lost. I thought she knew.

"Wow. Another grandchild and I've yet to see Kaiden since he was a newborn." She looked happy, but sad.

"I didn't even know that she didn't tell you. Sorry about that." I pulled out my phone to show he a picture of Kaiden. "This was him the other day after I took him to get his haircut."

(This is little Kaiden now. This kid seems swaggy like Dave. 🌚)

"Aw my handsome man. He's gotten so big." She cooed at my phone. "Can you send me that?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am. I gotchu." I sent it to her phone and stood up. "Well I gotta get out of here. I got another appointment to get to."

"Okay. Thank you for stopping by." She stood up and embraced me in a hug. She walked me to the front door after I said bye to Ella. "Tell Faith to call me sometime."

"I will."

"Alright. Take care, Dave." She called out and I got in the car. Now that shit was bizarre. Why wouldn't Faith tell her mom anything about the kids?

Speaking of, she's calling me now. "Wassup ba-"

"I'm hungry." She said before I could finish what I was going to say.

"I have no idea what to tell you." I laughed.

"Can you come back home so you can get me some food? Please?"

"Oh yeah. Sure." I said sarcastic. "What do you want to eat?" I asked once I pulled over.

"I bet Vanessa's husband would do it for her." She mumbled, but I ignored her ass.

"What do you want to eat?" I repeated the question.

"I'm in the mood for Chick Fil A. My tastebuds are hollering for it." She said drooling just thinking about it. Figuratively speaking of course. "The baby has been kicking up all day. They are ready to get out and honestly bae, I'm tired of being pregnant. It's getting old now. This whole pregnancy has been kicking my behind. I'm tired all day everyday and I'm still having sickness. Why? I'm in my third trimester. I had to send the kids to stay with your mom for a few days. I just need some sleep because I'm worn out, Dave. I really wish you would come home. I miss you so much." She whined.

While she talked, I shot Lexi a text to look out. Buy Faith something to eat, her favorite from Chick Fil A, and hang out with her for a few.

"I miss you too mama. I should be home tomorrow. I don't know what time, but I'll be back to you as soon as I can." I looked at her through the camera.

"Ugh I can't wait that long." She buried her face in the pillow as best as she could since she was laying on her side. Her stomach is huge to be a little over six months. I laughed, but stopped when I heard her sniffing. Is she really crying?

"Faith." I called out, but she didn't respond. "Bae." This girl here. "Come on now. You know I'd be there with you right now if I could, but you know I had to handle some stuff."

"I know." She said sadly and wiped her eyes. "I know."

"Tell me about your day. What did you do today?" I asked trying to shift her attention to something else. Lexi need to hurry up and get over there.

"Well I had my doctors appointment earlier." She started.

"And how did that go?"

"It went good. Our little one is growing the way they should be. She was covering her face today."

"She?" I smirked at her again. She knows she wants a girl so I don't know why she actin.

"Okay! I want a girl." She tried to hide her smile.

"See. I told you." I laughed.

"You have your mini me's, I need one now."

"She still gone come out lookin like me." I joked because I know that irritates her.

"And if she does, you can have her." She rolled her eyes.

"What else been going on today?"

"Oh I looked at some houses online." She struggled to sit up.

"Houses for what?" I looked at her confused. I been trying to get her to move for the longest.

"For us. I finally had a change of heart. If we having more babies then we should get another house. Something we can grow into as a family."

I looked at her with my lip to the side and my head slightly back. "What made you change your mind, lil nigga?"

She hesitated for a minute. "Can I tell you when you get home? It's not an over the phone kind of thing."

"Yeah. Does it have something to do with why you were so jumpy before I left?"

"Yeah." She said lowly. I know why she wants to move.

"Aight. Date night when I get back. I want to take you out to dinner. Just me, you, and Kaara."

"No." She laughed. "Where did you come up with that?"

I shrugged. "It means beloved or friend."

"Goodbye David." She laughed at me. I'm glad I could make her smile. My favorite thing that she does. Y'all know I love "that smile". "You would be the one to pick that because it shares the same meaning as your name. Ridiculous." She continued to laugh. The doorbell rung and she slowly got up. "Babe I'm too big to go up and down these stairs." She complained.

"Stay down there then, baby. Stay in the guest room until I get back."

"But I don't want to. Your scent is all over the room and when I miss you, it comforts me." I wish I was at the house, but this is important.

"Who's at the door?" I asked changing the subject. I already know who it is obviously.

"Let's see." She said then opened the door. "Lexi!" She yelled and hugged her. "You bought me food?!"

"Dave bought us food." She said and walked in.

"Aw bae even when you not here, you look out for me." She pouted at the screen then looked through her bag. "And you knew what I wanted without me having to say it." She wiped her eyes. "Thank you."

"You know I always gotchu. No matter where I'm at. Aight enjoy your food and I'll call you and the kids later, mama. I love you so, so much."

"I love you more." She puckered her lips at the camera.

"Hand the phone to Lexi for a quick second." She did and I told her to go somewhere else for a split second. "I got one more favor to ask."

"What's up, bro?"

"Go in our room and I got some cologne, it hasn't been open, and spray a little in the guest room downstairs. She said it comforts her when I'm away. It's in the closet on my side."

"Aight. I gotchu."

"Preciate it. Take care of her for me until I get back tomorrow."

"Of course. Be safe." She said and then we hung up. Now. Time to look at some rings and get the ball rolling on my plan. And the countdown begins until Faith become my fiancé. I got a lotta shit to pull together to make this a success. I don't necessarily need luck, but a nigga will take it right about now.

———————

Thoughts?

Sorry if it's not long enough, but I didn't want to give everything in this one chapter. Feel me?

My teeth hurt right now, but I'll have another update up within the next two days. I'm excited to see where this goes cause I don't know where my fingers will lead us, so we shall see. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 2K 19
Everyone always has stories of sexy men kidnapping women. But what happens when a woman kidnaps a man?
590K 21.3K 45
Aria and Dave have an undeniable connection. But with his job, baby mama drama, and all that life brings, can they stay strong and stay together? Or...
528K 20.3K 48
Brianni uses her sister's pictures and information to live her best social media life not knowing she'd meet the love of her life that way. Will he a...