Starkissed

Da kylateljeur

A mysterious job interview. A shady looking warehouse. Aliens. Emily Cartell is in the for the ride of her li... Altro

AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Eight

10.2K 571 111
Da kylateljeur

I woke up again and this time I was chained to my bed for what felt like the millionth time. I was getting so tired of this. I wanted to go home more than anything in the entire universe. I regretted that I had allowed money to cloud my judgement and put myself in this situation in the first place.

Money ain't everything, kids. I thought, rolling my eyes at my own stupidity. Despite my current situation, an odd feeling of calm numbness had overcome me. I figured it must be my body's way of coping with the trauma that these horrible government officials had put me through.

I doubted that I would ever get out of this alive now. I was clearly some sort of dangerous monster that they had created in a lab. I was sure I was going to regret putting my hands on Kyle under the General's watch, but I pushed those thoughts back. I couldn't focus on the negatives right now or I was seriously going to lose it.

Voices outside of my door caught my attention. I focused in on what they were saying, trying to catch the end of their conversation. Their voices were muffled but I could hear them through the thick steel door. I allowed myself a second of shock to realize my hearing had also greatly improved with whatever they had done to me.

"Kyle's barely holding on. You weren't there when that crazy bitch went off on him. It was the craziest shit I have ever seen in my life. I mean, I don't blame her, they did some pretty twisted shit to her while she was under his care." A male voice said. He sounded like a total red neck.

"I heard all about it in the common room. They said that her eyes were glowing. They really turned her into one of them, huh?" A different man replied.

Turned me in to what?

I was terrified of the answer. My heartbeat picked up speed, increasing with every thought that went through my anxious mind. At this point, I had plenty of crazy ideas, but none that I was really willing to consider as a possibility.

"She's too strong for us to keep here now. We don't know what other abilities will manifest. They're ready to hand her over this evening, when they make the trade."

A trade? My stomach heaved, threatening to bring up the last meal I had in my stomach. Which... who knew when that was, now that I was thinking about it. The men outside the door seemed to be stationed by my room, considering they hadn't moved at all. I pondered briefly over the fact that the Department of Defense thought that I was either too dangerous or important enough to make sure I was kept contained within this room.

A minuscule part of me was happy to hear that Kyle wasn't dead, but a large part was upset I hadn't broken his neck while I still had the chance. I doubted I would make it within two feet of him again if the General had the choice, considering it was his son after all.

I would settle for wringing the General's neck too, though.

I'm not picky. I thought to myself, imagining all the ways I'd love to hurt these men.

I frowned uneasily, these weren't things that I usually thought so casually; but then again, I had never been turned into a demonic freak before either.

This was entirely different territory, but I thought I was handling myself appropriately, all things considered. A small smirk worked its way back onto my face.

The door opened suddenly, causing me to jump in shock. "I see you're quite happy with yourself."

Uneasiness crept up my shoulders. I shrugged, "Happy as a clam." I smiled at him innocently, narrowing my eyes as I took in his threat to me. If these chains were off, he would be just like Kyle right now. He had shown me what side he was on, and it sure wasn't mine.

"I hope you know you've practically killed my best scientist. You wouldn't be where you are today if it weren't for him! You should be showing gratitude!" The General stepped forwards and slapped me hard against the face.

I blinked. Once. Twice.

"You slap like a bitch, and I'm going to kill you." I told him bluntly.

He had the decency to look afraid. "No, you're not. You're going far away from here to be with the monsters that you belong with." He said.

"And where exactly is that?" I asked.

"The largest inhabitation of Alien life on our planet." The man smiled at me threateningly.

I paused as I stared at him in deliberation. My immediate thought was to scoff in his face, but then again, I now practically had superhuman strength and weird creepy eyes. I supposed nothing was impossible at this point. Regardless, I decided to press him further.

"You expect me to believe that our shitty government has hidden an entire civilization of Aliens from our entire population?" I laughed at him, leaning back onto the pillows.

His face turned a darker shade of red as he stepped towards me in outrage.

"Careful, old man. I bite." I leaned towards him, inviting him to try what he had been considering.

I wasn't joking when I said I was going to kill him.

He stopped instantly, deciding not to answer my mocking question. He moved on, pacing the room, but remaining a safe distance away from where I sat on the bed.

"Our government has come up with new technologies that you wouldn't even be able to wrap your tiny brain around. There's so much that we've hidden. You're only scratching the surface." He hadn't moved any closer, and yet his bad breath made me gag from the other side of the room.

I allowed myself to feel surprise and a little excitement that my sense of smell had drastically improved too; although I wasn't so thankful of it at the moment.

"Can you invest in a breath mint, please?" I asked bitchily.

He growled, "I'm looking forward to hearing about what they do to you. Most of their females all succumbed to a plague after their planet became infected with some sort of disease. There are not enough of them to carry on their species. You're the first human to successfully splice genes, therefore making you compatible to mate with the Aliens. Our first test subject. If it works with you, we will continue the perfected serum on other females."

My face had gone pale, and I stared at him in utter horror. Seeing my humiliation and disgust, he smiled gleefully.

"Why would you possibly help the Aliens? What's in it for you?" I asked hoarsely. I couldn't pretend his words hadn't affected me. This was fifty shades of messed up.

"Self preservation. If we do this, they don't wipe out our planet. They possess technologies that we are many centuries away from even dreaming of. We don't stand a chance as we are right now."

I laughed, my voice sounding tinny and fake. "Oh, this is great. So some Alien bullies are forcing you to hand over Earth's females to have babies with and then what? They're going to live here forever with us while we sing Kumbaya until they eventually take over the whole planet?"

He shrugged. "We can only take this one step at a time. You see now why you were so important to us, even though you have injured one of our own in the process."

I stared at him, dumbfounded. "I am one of your own and did you see how you treated me?" I wanted to scream at him.

"Not any more, you're not." His words practically oozed with pride at what they had accomplished here.

"Remember what I said, I'm still going to kill you." I swore to him.

Rolling his eyes, General Jeff moved towards a pager that was attached to the wall. He called several people over the receiver.

When they arrived he barked out instructions as they tightened the shackles on my wrists and ankles, attaching me to a bar that went behind my head, making it impossible to move my hands at all. My feet were so tightly bound together I was unable to walk on my own. They lifted me off of the bed as they carried me down the hallways I had grown familiar with until we exited a back entrance I didn't even know existed. They lead me to a typical creepy white van and put a blindfold over my eyes.

"Lights out, Cartell." The General spat as I was hit over the head with a heavy object.

It must have been days since we left. They had pulled over four times to sleep for the night, and it was on the fourth day that we stopped only a couple of hours of driving.

I heard muffled voices outside and I strained to hear what was going on.

They had only fed me enough to keep me from dying, so it made it easy for them to drag me out from the back, letting my head smack painfully against the metal of the car.

A loud hiss of fury broke the silence around me.

The noise sent chills down my back. This being was powerful, I could feel it from the bottoms of my feet to the top of my head.

"She looks ill. What have you done to her?" A smooth voice demanded angrily.

"We had to keep her weak in order to make sure my men were kept safe." General Jeff responded haughtily.

The mystery man scoffed, "And you felt it necessary to chain her up like a prisoner?"

I am a prisoner. I thought bitterly.

"She nearly beat one of my men to death back at the institute." Jeff ground out angrily.

Several men laughed and I tensed, realizing we were in front of a bigger group of people than I had originally thought. Jeff tightened his grip on my arm in response.

"It seems as though she is in far more capable hands now, then." The man said. His voice sent shivers of pleasure up my back.

"Unlock her chains. We have it from here." He said impatiently.

As soon as my wrists were free, I yanked the blindfold off furiously, meeting the eyes of many men standing before me. I whirled around, disoriented as I tried to locate the General, fully intending to rip his head from his shoulders.

However, the sheer size of the men that stood before me caused me to stop dead in my tracks as I gaped up at them in awe.

It was their eyes that I noticed first.

Eyes like mine.

The Aliens.

——-
Whooooop there it is!!!!
What did you think of this chapter?! What do you think is going to happen next???? Please leave a comment letting me know if you enjoyed it and you will get faster updates from me, I guarantee you😊 please vote if you liked it!
Love kyla ❤️

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1K 99 23
Azalea was supposed to fall in love years ago. But with a competition created to find her future "husband", she meets the girl she never knew she wan...
273K 13.1K 62
Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that want to kill her. That is until she meets...
8.4K 565 42
**** ONGOING **** This book centers around a woman in her mid 20's trying her best to make it through life after not having the best luck, with anyt...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...