Guts & Glory | Markjinson

By lucastiddymilk

The criminal underworld of Seoul, South Korea is vast. From lowly street gangs to rich, powerful CEOS, and fo... More

† Introduction †
† Characters †
† Prologue †
† One †
† Two †
† Three †
† Four †
† Five †
† Six †
† Seven †
† Nine †
† Ten †
† Eleven †
† Twelve †
† Thirteen †
† Fourteen †
† Fifteen †
† Sixteen †
† Seventeen †
† Eighteen †
† Nineteen†

† Eight †

1.2K 73 25
By lucastiddymilk

" Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? "

Young and Beautiful, Lana Del Ray, The Great Gatsby: Music from Baz Luhrmann's Film

"Youngjae, you shouldn't be up yet," Seungmin spoke.

"I need to check on Jinyoung and Yugyeom," Youngjae replied.

Seungmin sighed, "You were exposed to that gas longer than Jinyoung." 

"So? I'm fine, Seungmin." Youngjae stood up and stretched, "Give me an update on everything."

"Jinyoung jumped out of the window and received injuries to his leg but they should heal just fine, thankfully. Jinyoung was also already released from the hospital. Yugyeom is different though, I don't think his leg will ever fully heal." 

"In what way?" 

"Mark shattered Yugyeom's tibia and fibula," Seungmin explained, "I'm not sure if Yugyeom will ever be able to dance again, maybe in six months if he's lucky he'll be walking without a cast." 

"You performed surgery?" Youngjae asked. 

"No, not personally. Some other Divinity doctors were performing the surgery. I treated you from home since I know you would have preferred that." 

"Thank you," Youngjae smiled, "We'll leave to see  Yugyeom in a few. There are some things I need to do first."

Seungmin nodded and walked out of Youngjae's room promptly. 

Youngjae grabbed some clothes from his closet and went to take a shower. The man got dressed quickly and promptly headed out of his room. He walked down the hall and knocked on a door softly before going in. 

"Dad, are you up?" Youngjae asked in a hushed voice. 

No reply came. 

Youngjae frowned and walked over to his father's bed, he sat on the edge and gently picked up the man's hand. 

Youngjae's father smiled and his eyes began to open, "Youngjae, I heard you were hurt." 

"I'm fine," Youngjae reassured. 

"Do you know what today is?" 

Youngjae shook his head and slipped his phone out of his pocket, he checked the date to see it was a Saturday. It had been six days since the Exchange Ball. 

"It's Saturday," Youngjae spoke, "I was out for six days."

Youngjae's father broke out in a coughing fit. 

"But you, I told you not to go to the Exchange Ball. Dad, you're sick," Youngjae frowned, "Have you been taking your medications?

"Of course, Youngjae," his father replied.

"Have you been eating properly?" 

"You leave me no options to slack off, Doctor Choi," His father joked, "I'm fine." 

Youngjae sighed, "Get better already, okay? Doing your CEO work is boring." 

Youngjae's father laughed a bit, "But I know you do it well, mister genius." 

"Don't call me that." 

"I don't think you've grown out of that nickname," his father smiled. 

"Whatever, I have to go," Youngjae stood up and began to walk off, "I'll see you when I get home." 

"Wait, Youngjae," His father carefully stood up from his bed. 

"What?" Youngjae turned, "Lay back down, please." 

"Please be safe out there. You and Jinyoung." 

"Of course we will," Youngjae smiled, "Is that all?"

"I love you, Youngjae." 

"I love you too, dad."

××× 

Bambam location: H1gher Heaven Dance Studio  

It wasn't hard for Bambam to figure out where Yugyeom danced as the studio had a Youtube channel where they posted both covers and original dances. As he walked into the studio, he was immediately greeted by a male. 

"Hey, can I help you?" 

"I was wondering if Yugyeom was here today?" Bambam asked. 

"No, sorry, he was in an accident so he won't be here for a while." 

"An accident?" 

"Yeah apparently but that's all I know." 

"Thank you," Bambam nodded and walked out of the studio. He pulled out his phone and attempted to call Yugyeom to no avail, the dancer just wasn't picking up his calls. 

To say Bambam was worried was an understatement. Though it hadn't been long since he met Yugyeom, he felt the need to stay with him but Yugyeom hadn't contacted him in over a week. 

Bambam called another number and the person picked up right away. 

"Hey, Bambam. What's up?" 

Bambam hesitated, did he really want to ask Minghao to track Yugyeom's cell? Could he really trust Minghao?

"Um it's nothing important, I was just wondering where...Chance was," Bambam asked. 

"He's been driving around, that's all. Why?" Minghao questioned. 

"It's just he hasn't picked up my calls or anything so I was wondering if he was busy," Bambam quickly said, "But that's all. Bye." 

"Yeah bye," Minghao hung up. He quickly checked Bambam's location, he was located outside of Yugyeom's studio.  

The hacker grabbed his phone and began to write out a text to Chance but hesitated, instead Minghao turned his attention towards his computer and began to track Yugyeom. 

 ××× 

"Police are currently looking for various missing men. All 6 of these men were reported missing about a week ago. These men include Kim SeokJin, son of the businessman of the same name and actor. Model Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin who is a dancer at H1gher Heaven Dance Studio, Jeon Jungkook who is also a dancer at the previously mentioned studio along with being a popular SoundCloud artist and trainee at HugmounousHit Entertainment. Jung Hoseok who is a youtube famous freelance choreographer and record producer Min Yoongi. If you know about the whereabouts of any of these men or have spotted them, police are asking that you come forward with any information." 

Yugyeom frowned seeing his friends, Jungkook and Jimin, on the screen in front of him. A deep sigh came from the male as he reached over to turn off the TV as he was tired of hearing the news. 

It was weird though, they seemed to go missing around the same time he was hurt. 

Yugyeom dismissed it the thought of anything bad happening to the males. 

He looked around the hospital room he's called his home for the past week in disgust. Yugyeom was tired of the same scenery, he missed his apartment. 

Rapid taps came at the door and in walked both Youngjae and Jinyoung together. 

"Hi, Yugyeom," Youngjae smiled. 

"Youngjae!" Yugyeom smiled at his friend, "I heard you were hurt?" 

"I'm fine, Jinyoung honestly had it worst," Youngjae replied earning a silent glare from Jinyoung. 

"You said Mark did this to you as a warning?" Jinyoung questioned, staring at the boy's lower leg that was in a brace. 

"Yeah, cause I started talking to Bambam again...this is all my fault," Yugyeom smiled bitterly, "I should have known he would find out." 

"None of this is your fault," Youngjae semi yelled, "Don't say that." 

Yugyeom laughed. He began to stand up from his bed. 

"Yugyeom-" 

"No, see," Yugyeom said as he took off his shirt, his back facing Youngjae and Jinyoung, "This is what he did to me two years ago."

 Jinyoung lightly touched Yugyeom's back, "He burned you?" 

"He did other things too," Yugyeom whispered, "He...he..." 

"You don't have to say it," Youngjae reassured, tears were forming in the man's eyes. 

Yugyeom put his shirt on and faced his friends, "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before." 

"How did he find you?" 

"Bambam...brought me to him," Yugyeom whispered, "but he had no choice." 

"You always have a choice," Youngjae said. 

"Not Bambam," Yugyeom said, sitting on the edge of his bed, "Bambam is basically a slave. He was...bought through my father's network by Mark's father, Isaac. Mark had Isaac killed and when that happened he took control of his father's company, created his mafia and kept Bambam." 

"He had his father killed?" Youngjae questioned. 

"Yeah, Bambam had told me he hired a hitman," Yugyeom shrugged, "There's not a good bone in Mark Tuan's body." 

Jinyoung sighed, "He's despicable." 

Youngjae wiped his eyes and smiled at Yugyeom, "Well I know you're tired of staying here so do you want to go home?"

"Please!" Yugyeom exclaimed. 

"Alright," Jinyoung smiled, "Let's go." 

××× 

After a long time of convincing Youngjae and Jinyoung that neither needed to stay and convincing that bodyguards were not needed either, Yugyeom welcomed the peace of his home. He sat on the couch watching dramas on TV when he heard a knock on the door. Yugyeom went to answer the door as quickly as he possibly could, which was not very quickly. 

"Who are you?" Yugyeom asked when he finally opened the door. 

The raven-haired man smiled, "My name is Minghao and you don't know me, Yugyeom but I know you fairly well." 

"Are you..." 

"Yes, I'm with Black Rose but I'm not here because of Chance....um Mark. I'm here because of Bambam." 

"Bambam?" Yugyeom whispered.

"Is it okay, if I came in to talk?" Minghao smiled. 

Yugyeom glared, "How do I know I can trust you?" 

"Angel, heaven isn't too high is it?" Minghao whispered causing Yugyeom to gasp. 

That was one of Bambam's old sayings. 

"Then you can trust me, right?" Yugyeom finished off the phase, "You can come in, Minghao." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 576 31
Mark Tuan meets a stunning boy named Jackson. Little did he know that the boy, would steal his heart. Jackson Wang, an Olympic fencer on the rise, c...
18.3K 723 26
Of course, you are the main character and you've been going through a lot of difficulties. From days alone to people making fun of you. Recently, a b...
1.9K 137 31
the journey of jealousy, memories and killings begins... "who is next on the list?" "who is the killer?" • with bts and monsta x //started on 14.10...
146K 5.5K 42
Highest rank: #1 in Markson 9/4/19 #18 in Korean #1 in igot7 Boy X Boy Got7 MarkXJackson Read to fi...