Stolen Life ✔️

By Sarahxox_16

At any time of the day, any place in the world, anybody in sight, a life could be stolen. Jamie Summers was... More

Chapter one: Phase one: Stalking.
Chapter two: Targeted.
Chapter three: Phase two: Taken.
Chapter four: The Next Victim.
Chapter five: The Discovery.
Chapter six: Phase three: Death.
Chapter seven: Memories.
Chapter eight: Mistakes.
Chapter nine: What If?
Chapter ten: Fifteen Years Too Late
Chapter eleven: She's Back
Chapter twelve: Dear Diary.
Chapter thirteen: Making A New Friend.
Chapter fourteen: New Love.
Chapter fifteen: Outside These Walls.
Chapter sixteen: Freedom.
Chapter seventeen: Goodbye.
Chapter eighteen: Seeing Her Again.
Chapter nineteen: Reunited.
Chapter twenty: Emotions.
Chapter twenty one: The Past.
Chapter twenty three: They Are Coming For Us.
Chapter twenty four: It's Happening Again.
Chapter twenty five: Making Life Changing Choices.
Chapter twenty six: Confessions.
Chapter twenty seven: The Truth Comes Out.
Chapter twenty eight: It's A Bloody Day.
Chapter twenty nine: Nearing The End.
Chapter thirty: Love Can Be A Dangerous Thing Sometimes.
Chapter thirty one: The Trigger.
Chapter thirty two: Safe And Sound.
Chapter thirty three: Epilogue - Her Happy Ending.

Chapater twenty two: Flashbacks.

45 2 0
By Sarahxox_16

Chapter twenty two: FlashBacks.

My whole world stopped when I heard those words. How was that possible and before I started think of all the possibles, I collapsed again and everything was dark as I fell into nightmare.

*

"They are back." Someone's voice kept repeating. "They are coming for you Jamie and you can't do a thing about it.

"You were never meant to get away or be alive today or to meet the ones you love. They were supposed to suffer, find your body, have your funeral and then they would die one by one and we would get away with murder." Someone else whispered into my ear.

"Make it stop!" I screamed.

"This is will never go away, Jamie. We will always haunt you and come back for you."

I screamed even louder, covering my eyes and ears trying to block out everything and everyone. "Wake up, wake up" I yelled to myself.

"You can run but you can't hide. Jamie Summers."

*

"Jamie?" I suddenly heard my name.

"Huh?" I asked, opening my eyes and looking up at the ceiling. I was laying on Lucas' couch with everyone surrounding the living room.

"She keeps collapsing because of the trauma she has been through, whenever she thinks of a moment or hears something relating to it she faints and wakes up after a while." I heard an unknown voice say. "This should stop soon but she keeps thinking of the memories but she is also blocking everything out." She continued.

Everyone was listening to this women and I decided to get myself up. "I'm awake." I said, feeling left out.

"Jamie! Are you okay?" Hillary asked, looking worried

"I'm fine," I say bluntly, "I just had a dream that my kidnappers are back." I said, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Well, that part is true." Mark said.

"I need to check you out," the women interrupts, "I'm Maria by the way, a nurse from the local hospital." She said.

"Okay, sure." I said as she did a few blood tests and checked my eyes and everything. Once she was done, she said her goodbyes and left.

"The police department have opened up your case again and are looking for them now, but there is no doubt that they will come after you so you are under police protection by us since we are closest to you." Chris said and it was hard for me to process this all at once.

"Right. I'm going to go and take a shower." I said as I went upstairs and into the bathroom. I turned on the steaming hot water and waited. I took my clothes off and stepped inside the shower. Instead, I decided to sit in the corner of the shower and I cried my eyes out. I think I've gotten skinner since I was a teenager and I didn't know if that was a good thing. Probably not.

I cried even harder because I realised all I had was gone. Mom and Haylee were gone and I was never going to see them again. If I didn't disappear, they both would have still being alive today.

I heard a knock at the door. "Jamie?" I heard Sam's faint voice on the other side. I ignored him and cried quietly. "Jamie? Is everything okay?" He whispered but loud enough for me to hear. "May I come in?" He asked me but he opened the door anyway.

"Hey." He whispered as he realised that I was upset. I placed my knees to my chest to cover up my body. "I know this is a hard time." he started.

I cut him off. "It's always a hard time. When has my life been an easy time?" I yelled as I cried every more.

I didn't mind Sam seeing me naked because he had seen me naked before when we were dating and I was glad I was not too embarrassed by it. "I'm sorry this happened." He said as he sat down and leaned against the shower door, facing the bathroom door.

"It's no one fault but mine. I put everyone is danger." I said.

"Don't think like that."

I felt the urge to tell him something that I might regret later on but it was better out than in, right? "I'm still in love with you, Sam." I said and he turned around and looked at me, shocked.

Sam's POV

"You're still in love with me?" I asked feeling a little shocked because I thought she moved on to that Jack guy.

"Yeah. I was always in love with you, Sam. But you moved on." She shrugged.

"I know but, it doesn't mean I didn't think about you. It doesn't mean I stopped loving you." I said as I tried and close my eyes, trying not to let a single tear slip down my face. I laughed. "I always thought we would have kids together, get married and grow old together." I finished.

"I thought that too." I smiled when she said that. She switched the shower off and grabbed a towel to cover herself up and she sat next to me. We reminisced about the good old days.

"Remember our first date?" She started.

I laughed. "Yeah, that was one of the best days of my life." I commented and we told each other what we remembered about that special night.

*Flashback*

Jamie's POV

"So, there is this guy." I paused.

"Oh my gosh! Who?" Haylee squeaked.

Hillary looked interested so she was waiting for my explanation. "His name is Sam Carter." I said.

"Oh my gosh. He's the captain of the football team!" Hillary stated and I nodded with a smile.

"I really like him. He keeps staring at me like we have a connection and when our eyes meet-"

I stopped as Haylee interrupted. "Are you going to ask him out?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I can't, I'd stutter and probably trip over myself. But if he likes me then I'm sure he would ask me out." I said proudly.

"Okay good luck, all the girls love him so you might be waiting a while." Hillary added and my smile went away. A few days later and nothing had happened. I mean, it was not like I was waiting for him, I might have to move on.

We were in the same English class and we had English right then so I was on my way to the classroom. I sat down next to Haylee and then Sam randomly sat on our table and Haylee smirked.

"Shut up." I whispered. The class went slow, we are learning about Shakespeare and it bored me. I fell asleep for twenty minutes and soon enough, the class was over.

I packed up my things. "Hey Jamie, can I talk to you?" I turned around to see Sam's smiling face and I was confused.

What could this be about? "Um, sure." I smiled.

"I'll meet you with Hillary at the school office." I told Haylee.

She smirked. "Okay."

"We can walk if you like?" Sam smiled.

"Okay, sounds good." I smiled back and I followed him out.

"What's this about?" I said, not meaning to sound rude.

"Well, I've noticed you more this year and I was wondering if you noticed me too?" He said, looking nervous.

"Funnily enough, I have." I looked to him and smiled.

He smiled back. "And since I've been noticing you a lot, I've been wanting to get to know you more." He paused and cleared his throat.

"That would be nice." I added before he continued.

"So Jamie Summers, will you go out on a date with me tonight. If your free since it is a Friday?" He stopped in his tracks as I turned to face him.

I blushed. "Yes, I would love to," I smiled, "I gotta run, but text me" I said as I grabbed out a pen and wrote down my number on his hand.

"I'll pick you up."

"Looking forward to it." I added as I took off to see my friends and when I told them, they went wild.

Hillary and Haylee came over to help me get ready. "He's coming at seven and I have nothing to wear. I've been waiting all week for him to ask me out and I have nothing to freaking wear!" I said, annoyed.

"Calm down. We will find something." Hillary tried to calm me down.

"I got it." Haylee said as if she had a lightbulb at the top of her head.

"Be right back." She said as ran out of my bedroom.

"Haylee!" I yelled. "I don't have time for this!"

"I'll find her, you just put your makeup on. Okay?" She said, running after Haylee.

I nodded, getting out my makeup and applying it. "Whoa. What's with all the screaming?" Lucas barged into my bedroom.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"You're going on a date?" He chuckled.

"Shut up. At least I have something better to do tonight." I said angrily.

"Seriously, Jamie? Who is this guy?" He asked.

"Sam Carter."

He cracked up laughing. "That loser?" He laughed again.

"Get out!" I screamed as I pointed towards the door.

My parents were away for the weekend so luckily for me, Lucas could babysit Jacob. We had an argument about it before they left but I won thanks to Hillary. The perks of being a girl with friends like mine.

"He's such a loser." He said.

"Ugh, Lucas you're the loser. At least Sam is known around the school unlike you." I said, annoyed.

"Whoa. Okay chill. I was just having you on." He said as he left and closed the door behind him.

It had been ten minutes and no one had come back and I still had nothing to wear but a towel. I decided to straighten my hair and I placed a white bow in it and then my door opened. "Thank god!" I said as I turned around from the mirror.

"This!" Haylee held up a really pretty short red dress.

"Yes!" I said, stunned.

I took it and got into it. "It's perfect, thank you!" I said as I hugged both of my friends.

"You can keep it. I never wear it." Haylee smiled and I thanked her again.

I heard a knock at the front door and I heard Lucas answer it. He started asking Sam a bunch of questions.

"Shit!" I said as I rushed out. "See you guys after!" I said because they were staying the night.

"Lucas!" I stopped behind him and he turned around and smirked.

"You can go now." I said nicely only because Sam was there and he couldn't stop looking at me. "Hi." I said.

"Hey," he said, "you look amazing."

"Thank you and you look amazing yourself." I complimented. Perfect.

"Shall we?" He took out his hand as I took it.

We got into his car and we drove off to somewhere special.

Sam's POV

I decided to take her for a late night picnic down by the nicest lake around. It was a pretty night, the full moon was out with a few stars in the sky.

We arrived and she smiled. "My favourite place." She smiled and I didn't even know that. "You know, your pretty good for a first date at the last minute." She mentioned.

"You're worth it." I smiled, hoping I didn't sound too cheesy and stupid for a first date. Was I going overboard with this? I hoped not.

I stepped outside as she did, she breathed in the fresh air and I grabbed the picnic basket and a blanket. "Choose where you want to sit." I said and she did. I placed the blanket on the grass in front of the lake and she sat down.

"Why did you ask me out?" She asked casually as we tit out the food and started eating.

I tried think of a really good reply. "Because every time I saw you, there is a spark." I smiled.

"I felt it too." She blushed. Normally, most first dates were to the cinemas or just dinner and that was it but I wanted to be different. People at our school thought that I usually had flings with different girls but that was not the case. I hadn't had a girlfriend in over one year.

"Why me though? I'm not popular."
She asked.

"It doesn't matter to me. People judge me too quickly." I tried to explain that I was not a guy who would go out with any girl just for the sake of it. She smiled as we continued to eat.

I couldn't imagine a better first date than that.

Jamie's POV

It had been a month now since our very first date and Sam asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. So far, we had been on many dates since then and everyone at the school was surprised. Hillary and Haylee were happy for me and I think Sam's friends were happy for him too.

It was Saturday and I was supposed to be meeting Sam soon. He and his family were coming over to my house and by his family, I meant his parents and his sister would be at their grandparents house. Lucas and Jacob were staying at their friends house.

It was a one on one family bonding thing and I was excited as I just received a text from Sam. "On our way x." I smiled at his text. I chucked my phone on my bed, forgetting to reply as usual.

My parents hadn't met his yet but they would in twenty minutes. My mom and dad were getting ready and I did too.

I was just wearing a blue dress with a pink cardigan over the top and I placed my brown hair to my right in a pony tail. Lucas and Jacob left a few minutes ago and it was so quiet. I heard a car pull up and smiled. I went into the living room and looked out the window.

"They're here." I said, feeling so excited.

"I'll get the BBQ started then." Dad said.

The door bell rung and mom went to answer it as I followed. "Hi, you must be Sam's Parents." My mom smiled and they nodded. "Come in." She said

"Hello." I said to them as I've already met them.

"I'm Karen and my husband Kyle is at the back starting the BQQ." Mom smiled.

"Hi, I'm Lydia and my this is my husband Dave." They all shook hands.

"Hey, you." Sam smiled.

"Hey." He gave me a peck on the lips.

"Come around to our backyard." My mom said as we followed.

Sam and I were holding hands as usual. "Hey, I'm Kyle" My dad greeted them and they greeted themselves as well. There was a picnic table set up by the BBQ and a picnic blanket I got out for Sam and I. We sat on the grass next to the picnic table. Dad served us our food and we ate while my parents and his were laughing and it was good to see.

We sat down and as the sun was setting and we looked up and see the fireworks as it became darker.

"Pretty." I said.

"Just like you." He smiled. I leaned onto him and he smelt so nice. The night was over and we headed inside as the fireworks were over and it was getting cold.

"Ready Sam?" Lydia yelled but we were still outside but at the front of the house this time.

Sams parents came out. "Sam, we will see you at home." Lydia said and Sam nodded.

"Bye." I waved and they drove off and then it began.

"Ugh, why would you say that?" I yelled as we stood on the stairs of my house.

"I didn't mean to offend you, I'm sorry!" He yelled back.

"Whatever. You can go." I said, running up the four steps and onto my front porch.

"Babe. I'm sorry." He said as he followed.

I flung my hands up in the air. "Just don't!" I said as he tried to touch me. I turned to face him as I walked back to the front door and I pushed him slightly. "Just leave!" I yelled as I slammed the door shut instead of kissing him goodbye.

I leaned against the door and cried.

Sam's POV

It was nearly midnight and I decided to wait outside her door, sitting on the front porch.

I shouldn't have said what I said but it was done and I was going to sort it.

*

It was now morning and I got up from my small sleep and I saw the door open and Jamie walking out screaming to her mom. "I'll get it. Give me a minute." She yelled as she slammed the door behind her.

She was looking like a mess.

She looked up and jumped. "Crap! Don't do that to me," she sounded annoyed, "have you been here all night?"

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry I yelled." She started.

"And I'm sorry for what I said last night." She hugged me and I hugged her back.

That was our first fight and I was glad we sorted it because I really liked her. She showed her face and wrapped her arms around my neck while I held her waist.

"You know what true love is?" She asked me.

"What?" I smirked.

"You staying out here till the morning just to sort things out." She smiled.

"True love, huh?" I smiled.

"Yeah," she paused, "Sam, I think I'm in love with you."

*

Jamie's POV

I laughed at the memory. "I still don't remember what you said that made me so mad." I laughed again.

"Me neither but, I remember the arguing as clear as day." Sam laughed with me.

We laughed at the other funny times and then we stopped. It just hit us that they were coming for me and there was nothing we could do to stop it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 12.2K 29
Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he makes her promise that she will find so...
2.2K 626 74
In which two ex-step-siblings reconnect after just about blowing up their family the first time around... Three years ago, Maddie fell hard for Jacob...
Altered By Luella M Opal

General Fiction

185 30 30
Have you ever met someone who alters the course of your life? For good or for bad, they've come in, given and taken, and then- BOOM! Your life was...
21.7K 636 47
Getting taken was never our plan. Meeting them wasn't so much of one either. What if one day you were with your bestfriend in the entire world. Safe...