Coached ➳ l.p [au]

By gymnasliam

[COMPLETED] She used to be overweight, on the verge of diabetes, and she knew it too. What made her change he... More

Coached intro
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12: part one
chapter 12: part two
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17: part one
chapter 17: part two
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23: part one
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38: part one
chapter 38: part two
chapter 39
chapter 40 (Epilogue)
Q&A: part 1
Q&A: part 2
New Liam Story !!
chapter 41 (Additional)

chapter 23: part two

20.3K 1K 890
By gymnasliam

what is your favorite holiday? I like Thanksgiving! :)

-

"I said no peeking!" Liam scolds me for the third time while we walk.

I slump my shoulders, stopping in my tracks. How could I even see where the heck I was going with this stupid headband thing around my eyes? Liam said he borrowed it from Harry, which was probably the reason it smelled fruity, and made it even more annoying.

"But Liam, give me a break! I can't see anything for jesus' sake!" I complain, for the nth time. I swear to the heavens that we have been walking for ages.

"Hush, Jo, we're almost there," his hand guides my back.

No, there are most certainly not butterflies in my stomach right now.

Minutes later, he stops which makes me stop too, almost falling in the process.

"Babe, you can take off the blindfold now," Liam laughs.

I almost correct him about how it's technically not even a blindfold, but when I see where he took me, i'm distracted.

"So you took me here to drown me i'm guessing?"

He laughs with his eyes crinkling at the corners and I smile at the sight. I actually like the way he laughs, it's amusing to watch, really.

"No, Jo. Although that sounds like an even better idea," he says and I shoot him a glare before he laughs again. "We're going on a small boat ride."

"Oh joy," I laugh to myself.

He chuckles and takes my hand to lead me onto a wooden dock. I should pull away, but for some reason I don't.

Dang it, Payne. Why do you suddenly make me feel this way? Why in the world do I actually in the slightest bit enjoy holding your hand like this? Oh god, lets not hope that my hand is all gross and sweaty right now.

"I didn't even know lakes existed here," I say out loud, a man- who probably owns the boat- motions for us to sit inside on the edges of the boat where a wooden bench rests.

Wow, Liam really went all out on this date. Now I sort of feel bad for rescheduling because when you actually think about it, he probably has spent like a million dollars on this whole day! Okay, not that much, but i'm sure it's somewhere near it.

"Well lucky for me, they do. Now I can go on a boat ride with the most beautiful girl in the world," Liam smiles sitting less than a few inches from me.

"Who?" I ask, uncertain.

"You. Who else, Jo?" He chuckles softly.

"Funny joke," I falsely laugh. "Tell another one."

He sighs, "Can I ask you a question?"

I raise an eyebrow, almost scared to say yes to this. For all I know, he could ask me something like 'are you a virgin' and I wouldn't have any other choice but to 'accidentally' push him off the edge of this boat. Oops.

"Depends," I finally say.

"Too bad," he smirks. "I'm asking you anyway."

"Fine," I cross my arms.

"Why do you treat yourself the way you do? And before you answer, I want the honest truth," he says, crossing his arms against his chest.

Feeling the boat push away from the dock, I stay quiet at his question to think about it for a second. Why do I treat myself like i'm some pond scum? I mean, I know i'm not exactly the ugliest person out there. I've seen much, much- and trust me when I say this- worse looking people.

"Because, I know i'm not perfect." I shrug, avoiding eye contact so I don't melt away in his chocolatey colored eyes.

I wish Liam Payne wasn't so attractive so that I could live my life so much easier.

"I'm not perfect either, though. I mean, I'm pretty close to it," he grins jokingly and I playfully scowl at him. "but i'm nowhere near that. Perfect is boring, and boring is certainly something that you, Jo, are not."

"Well thanks," I say, finally giving up to steal a quick glance at him.

Why is he smiling at me like that? I wonder if when Liam was little, he had some kind of grinning disorder. And why are is teeth that beautiful? Wow, just looking at his features makes me feel even more like some homeless person who just came from a midnight snack in the dumpsters.

Then I remember that I actually look somewhat appealing today, and it makes me feel an ounce better.

Dang it, he's right. I do kind of downgrade myself.

"Do me a favor and not look at me like that?" I say, almost laughing.

"Like what?" he smiles wider.

"Like the strange and slightly sexual winking face you kept sending me."

He winks, "Oh, so this one?"

I cover my face, forgetting about my makeup for a second. "Yes, that one!"

He laughs for a good few seconds before I join him in laughter. We both throw our heads back hysterically, me laughing from his laugh and him laughing at me i'm sure.

"You're a pain," I sigh, wiping my tears. No doubt that this stupid mascara is already smeared, but I don't care.

"Yes, I am. It runs in the family," he smiles, shrugging.

I point, "Not as in your last name, you idiot."

"Darn," he pouts.

Sighing, it's actually quiet for a minute, which isn't awkward- surprisingly- at all.

"So, Jo, are there any hidden talents you have that I should know of?" Liam asks, facing me with his hands rested on his knees. His kneecaps are literally against mine now, and I can feel his jean-fabric on my bare legs.

I ignore it though, I don't mind that much.

"Well, if being lazy counts, then yes."

He rolls his eyes, "No, i'm highly afraid it doesn't. Any real talents?"

"I find that offensive," I wrinkle my nose at him playfully. "And I can burp my ABC's although i'm almost positive you wouldn't want to know or witness that.."

He crosses his arms and leans back against the edge of the boat smiling, "Go on, show me then. I don't mind."

I narrow my eyes at him and awkwardly past my chest. "Okay, here it goes."

-

"I'm pretty sure that letter L was the quiet loudest burp! Is it because you fancy me?" Liam laughs, wiggling his thick eyebrows.

"It was not!" I only answer one of his questions. Thankfully, he doesn't bug me about it.

"It definitely was!"

"Whatever," I laugh, rolling my eyes. "You wish. Now what's your hidden talent? Grinning and winking at people to show off your perfectly aligned teeth?"

"Ah," he gasps in fake shock. "So you admit that my teeth are perfect?"

I scoff in response.

"And besides," he adds. "I only grin and wink at you, babe." Liam winks again to match his words and I pretend to barf.

"Yeah, yeah. Now what's your talent?"

He thinks for a while.

"Well i'm pretty badass in bed."

"Liam!" I gasp, swatting at his chest and he hysterically laughs.

"Hey, careful! I don't want to fall off this boat!" he says, laughing crazily still and grasping the edge.

"Tell me what you're good at, already."

"Okay, okay. I can play a bit of piano and guitar, that's about it."

I narrow my eyes at him, thinking. He's a liar. I remember the day he spent the night at my house- not that I had a choice- and sang to me while he thought I was asleep. Lucky for me, I was awake and knew that he did know how to sing. And well, honestly.

"Are you sure that's all?" I push him.

"Yeah," he furrows his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because, I thought that maybe you could sing."

"Well, just a bit. I don't quite enjoy my own voice for the most part, you know?" He says. Is he serious? He can't be. "Anyways, I would much rather talk to you about random things than to discuss my singing voice."

Liam tries to sneakily put his arm around my shoulder and I give him a look before shrugging.

He gasps, wrapping his arm against my bare shoulders. "What? You're actually letting me touch you? Did your mum give you drugs before you left the house?"

"No," I shake my head laughing. "I guess I figured since you already shoved your way into my life, why not just let you?"

"What a nice way to put that."

"The nicest," I grin to myself.

It's quiet again, the both of us probably thinking to ourselves, 'wow, this date is actually going alot better than planned'. The little subconscious in my head is probably going crazy since I decided to let Liam do something like this. I mean of course, he has touched me before- not in that way- and I let him, but the voices in my head were going insane. This time, though, they're quiet.

Liam points his finger out on the other side of me, making me turn my head.

"Do you see?" he says quietly.

"See what?" I squint out into the distance. There's nothing but grey-blue water and green patches of grass here and there.

"I don't see anyt-" I turn my head back to him and am immediately interrupted by his mouth pressed softly against mine.

"This," Liam says against my lips, pulling me closer to him with the arm that's wrapped around my shoulders.

Pull away, Jolissa! Do it! It just takes two hands to push him away! Or better yet, you could shove him off this stupid thing!

Wow, so now my subconscious comes back.

Maybe I don't exactly want to pull away though...

Liam's lips just feel so soft against mine. And his hand just feels so nice cupping my cheek like that. His body just feels too warm to reject him, too. As badly as a part of myself- the in denial part- is telling me to pull away, I just...can't.

Awkwardly, since I have never kissed anyone before, I place my hands on his hard chest not really knowing what to actually do. Moving my lips with his, I realize that I need to breathe.

Liam pulls away, chuckling softly. "You're out of breath aren't you, babe?"

Heat rises to my cheeks at the sound of the word babe. "Yeah."

"That was quite the move you just pulled there," I point out.

"And that was quite the kiss you gave me back," he smirks, only one corner of his lips turning up in an undeniably attractive way.

Darn him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I say back, blushing.

He sighs before leaning in to kiss my cheek again, making the butterflies in my stomach swarm.

"Are you hungry?" Liam asks after a while, pulling up a picnic basket that had apparently been underneath the bench.

I furrow my eyebrows in disbelief. "How do you randomly pull things out like that?!"

He shrugs, smiling. "I'm a wizard."

"Right," I giggle. "Now give me that sandwich. I'm starving."

-

well liam finally kissed Jo omg #JIAMFOEVEA

hashtag finally

liam stop being cute pls can u not

anyways hi yeah thank you for 22K bc thats super g8 and I'm thankful for that bc some stories that have been out for years don't even get that much

goals for chapter are 55 votes and 64 comments

btw another question

WHAT IS YOUR HIDDEN TALENT???

Anything at all! Mine is so weird ok dont laugh pls

ok so r u ready

ok

im good at playing zombie games

idk why

ok bye now dont shoot me in the brain im not a zombie

ily

stay alive

-kiana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 11K 126
Made some Niall Horan imagines for everyone! ❤
9.5K 551 50
Gwen is on track. Twenty-nine-years old and engaged. Cutting it short, but there anyway. One more loose end she has to tighten up: herself. After yea...
819K 13.8K 47
Before you get any further, I warn you that this is not your typical spy story. You might think it is... But, it's not. Well, where do I start? I'm...
8.5K 324 15
He was brooding and silent, She was the life of every party. He was the popular hot guy, She was the crazy new chick. Yet... He was the sugary sweet...