Crazy Eyes ✧ Gotham [2]

Od flwrgjrl

"she was once innocent, with big doe eyes. now she's crazy, with big crazy eyes." in which ja... Viac

extended description
PART I
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
PART II
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
epilouge
new story!

chapter twenty-four

569 24 10
Od flwrgjrl

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

--------

             The sound of a whip cracking bounced off the walls of the small tunnel. Jane's body collapsed to the ground she was hovered over. She felt a drop of blood trickle down off her back as she laid face down on the ground, trying to catch her breath. Ecco's giggle bounced off the walls; She was getting too much enjoyment from this. Jane stayed for a moment on the ground, just breathing heavily. Ecco didn't like this as she kicked Jane's side.

"Get up! You still have some work to do!"

Jane was currently being held against her will, forced to dig the rest of the tunnel alone after all his other followers disappeared. It had been exhausting work. She would have no break. If Ecco thought she was slacking in the slightest, she would be hit or whipped, or both. 

Jane gritted her teeth and stood once more. She grabbed the pickaxe and prepped herself to throw it against the wall. She did again and again, grunting every once in a while. 

She didn't understand why they were still doing this. She didn't understand why Ecco had Jeremiah's dead corpse laying lifelessly on a cot next to them. Jane saw him get stabbed several times. He was dead. So why were they continuing this? Why did Ecco, her brother's most devoted servant, appear fine and unharmed about it? Something didn't sit right with her.

Jane didn't dare ask, though. She gave up on asking questions two days ago when Selina stabbed Jeremiah. After having the gag removed from her mouth, Jane had been freaking out. She tried begging to be let go and when Ecco refused, Jane pleaded to tell her why. Why couldn't she leave? Wasn't this all over? Ecco wouldn't give her any answers. She just went crazy, hitting and kicking Jane. She even stabbed her in the abdomen. Then, like nothing happened, forced her to get to work right away. 

Jane kept her pace up. Her muscles ached. The pickaxe was heavy, and Jane wasn't used to being worked this hard. 

"Work faster! You don't want Jeremiah to wake and see you disappointing him, now would you?" Ecco mocked behind her. 

Jane's heart stopped. The pickaxe dropped from her hands. She slowly turned, her first defiance. "Wake? He's dead, isn't he?" Ecco had an amused smile plastered on her face as she watched Jane's freak out. "He's dead! I saw him get stabbed with my own eyes!" No, no. Jeremiah was dead. She saw it herself. 

Ecco's crazed laugh bounced off the walls. "Oh silly, Janey." Jane gritted her teeth at the nickname. She still despised it with her whole being. Ecco walked closer to Jane, turning her head condescendingly. "You think your big brother would just leave you all high and dry by yourself like that?" She closed the gap between them and cupped Jane's jaw with her hand. "He has more plans for you, for Bruce, for Gotham. Selina Kyle's little revenge plan just had to get over and done with."

Jane's head was spinning. So much was going on in her head. Jeremiah alive? His plans for Gotham? Where was this tunnel really heading, and what was at the end of it?

Ecco's gentle hand then became violent as it slapped Jane across the face. Jane's hand immediately went to her burning cheek. "Now get back to work, you worthless bitch."

--------------------------

Sweat was dripping off Jane's face. Jane has never felt so gross than she did in this moment. She had been going for twelve more hours straight. She had a few more bruises in the time. She had a bad bruise forming on her cheek; another on her rib cage and her knees from falling from the whips. Her shirt was definitely destroyed by now - she was certain. 

Her mouth felt dry and sticky. She didn't remember the last time she ate or had a sip of water. It was making her weak. Her vision becoming dizzy every so often. Not that she would get a break if she told Ecco. It would be the exact opposite in fact. She would've been hit harder and told to get over it.

The calluses on her hands were getting worse as she powered through, hitting the wall of stone with her pickaxe over and over again.

A surge of power came over her as she hit into the rock as hard as she could. Something opened up on the other side. She pushed some of the rock and dust aside. Her eyes widened. A staircase laid in front of her eyes. Had she finally made it to the intended destination? It almost didn't feel real. She wanted to cry from happiness. 

She felt Ecco's eyes at the hole. Ecco quickened her pace and pushed Jane aside to look through the hole. "Get all of the rocks out of the way," She barked at Jane before she smiled gleefully and ran over to Jeremiah's still body. Jane, as quickly as she could, pushed all of the rocks out of the way. The tunnel became complete. A clear pathway was now available for all tunnel travelers. Jane turned to watch Ecco in fascination. 

Ecco kneeled down next to the cot. Jeremiah's eyes were shut, his arms crossed over his chest like a mummy.

She gently started poking into Jeremiah's side. "Boss, wake up. Wake up."

"Ouch," Jeremiah's groan rang in Jane's ear. This was the first time she saw movement from his corpse-like body. 

"Oh! Stitches still sore, huh?" Ecco shrugged. "Never would've happened if you wore that armor I prepared for you."

Jeremiah looked up at Ecco like she was stupid. "That bullet is making you sentimental. Give her a shake, huh?" Ecco gave him an eager smile, shaking her head around. Even from where Jane was, she heard the bullet. It sent chills down her spine. Jeremiah gave her a satisfied smile. He slowly sat up. "I told you. I had to let Selina thrust the knife into my flesh at least once." He was fully sat up and gave her a smile. "Verisimilitude trumps precaution, you see." There was a pause before Jeremiah continued. "Where is she?" Jane knew the she was her. Her heart beat fast. 

Ecco nodded towards Jane and Jeremiah's eyes followed. When they fell on Jane's tired and dirty self, he smiled. "Well, well, well. I'm glad to see you didn't run off." He walked closer to her, closing the gap between them. Jane felt her face turn white. Jeremiah chuckled. "What's wrong, Janey? You look like you just saw a ghost." She felt like she was. How was this real? She knew this meeting would happen but it felt like a prank of some sort. It wouldn't actually happen. 

Jeremiah ignored her no answer, finding humor in it. "I hope you didn't cause Ecco too much trouble."

Ecco chimed in at this moment. "Oh she did, boss! But don't worry! I handled it." Her smug expression made Jane want to fight her. 

Jeremiah tsk-ed. "Well, Janey, I'm just gonna have to make sure your punished for that disobedience later.. but first-" He changed his gaze to the pathway in front of him. "-We have something waiting for us."

Jeremiah and Ecco started up the stairs. Jane, cautiously followed them, unsure of what was happening. She had no clue where she was or why they came here. When they reached the top of the stairs, some things became clearer. The stairs opened up to Wayne Manor, specifically the office. Jane had spent a lot of time in this room. She looked around it, remembering the girl that had been brought here to hide from Jerome. She hardly would recognize that girl now. Jane had been through so much within that time. 

In the room, a doctor was working anxiously. In front of him were a man and a woman with their faces wrapped. Jane stared, intrigued of what was under it. 

"Doctor!" Jeremiah's voice boomed. "I'm hearing good things."

The doctor led them to the two individuals. Jane slagged behind, not wanting to get too close. "The bandages are ready to come off. Your assistant thought you'd like to see the results."

"Indeed, I would."

Quickly, the doctor unwrapped the faces and stepped aside, waiting for Jeremiah's approval. Jane frowned, looking at them closely. She had seen these people before... but where?

Suddenly, it came to her. Her face, once again, turned white. Were those the Waynes? Jane watched as Jeremiah started laughing excitedly. What did her brother have planned? And why did he bring Bruce's dead parents back from the dead?

ahhhh!! hello everyone! im sorry for a shorter and slightly more boring chapter. it was more of a filler but !!!! next chapter is ace chemicals!!! im sooooo so excited! it's going to be crazyyyyy !!! 

also! finals season is upon us, so im going to try my best to deliver the next chapter as quickly as i can

i can't believe we are nearing the end of jane's story! there's only three chapters left and then an epilouge and then its over :(( i want to thank everyone right now. thank you for being amazing readers. i cannot wait to finish strongly with you all :)

don't forget to keep commenting and i'll see you guys soon with the next chapter!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

5K 92 17
Ariel Galavan once a ruthless killer fell for Jerome Valeska who broke her. Now she lives with his Twin brother Jeremiah. They're falling for each ot...
235K 8.6K 140
I was the only one who ever showed him compassion. Who cleaned the blood from his wounds Who understood and believed in his dreams and aspiratio...
210K 5.3K 59
(Y/n) Gordon is the daughter of a good man in Gotham City. What happens when she falls into links with a maniac by the name of Jerome Valeska? When J...
35.3K 760 57
Imagines and Preferences for the men of Fox's series Gotham. { Requests: CLOSED } This includes: - Jim Gordon - Jerome Valeska - Jeremiah Valeska - B...