Crazy Eyes ✧ Gotham [2]

By flwrgjrl

"she was once innocent, with big doe eyes. now she's crazy, with big crazy eyes." in which ja... More

extended description
PART I
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
PART II
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
epilouge
new story!

chapter twenty-two

568 26 10
By flwrgjrl

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING YOUR REACTIONS TO THINGS THAT HAPPEN DURING THE CHAPTER AND JUST THE CHAPTER IN GENERAL

--------

             "Selina, what was that back there?" Bruce's voice unintentionally boomed throughout the quiet night. Right now, the streets were ringing with silence. The only sound was Selina softly jumping from one car to the next. What Bruce was referring to was the fight that happened not too long ago between them and those group of psychos. Selina had gone overboard, and Jane hoped she saw that.

"They had to know I was serious," Selina replied simply. Jane frowned at how she didn't see the problem of what she did back there. She had been in the mental space Selina was in, and it was a dangerous one. 

"You didn't have to hurt him like that," Jane spoke up for the first time in a while. "He gave you what you wanted. We don't want to hurt people."

Selina paused, slightly out of breath from the jumping. "He was trying to kill me, Jane. Just like Jeremiah tried to kill me." She glared at Jane, making her feel uncomfortable and also angry. She hated how Selina kept throwing that in her face as if it was her fault her psychotic brother tried to kill her. Selina continued, "So as far as I'm concerned.." She jumped off the car to be eye level with Bruce and Jane. "He got off easy. Who's side are you on, Jane?"

Jane felt her jaw tick. It took everything inside her not to try to fight Selina. She had gone too much of her throwing all of this at her to not retaliate. 

Bruce noticed the shift in energy and stepped in. "Selina. It's not her fault what Jeremiah did to you. We're all on the same side. We all hate Jeremiah and want him dead."

Selina still kept her eye contact with Jane. "Then let's do what we came here to do."

Jane kept the eye contact until Selina broke it as she slowly turned around to notice some small candles on. "Looks like we're close," She muttered. 

The group walked closer to the candles and noticed behind the candles was a sacrificial photo of Jeremiah. Jane's anxiety started to rise. Looks like her brother had been busy. Jane's hand involuntarily went to her covered stomach, where under the giant J her brother burned into her skin still was. Sometimes, like in this moment, if she thought about it, she could still feel her skin burning and her brother laughing at her pain. Even though her skin was healed, it was also forever scarred. Jane tried to forget it was there. It was why she never looked at herself in a mirror anymore or uncovered her stomach. The shame she got from it was everlasting. 

The anger in Jane grew. All she wanted was to hurt Jeremiah as much as he hurt her. 

"When I see him," Selina's voice broke through Jane's thoughts. "I'm gonna tear his throat out."

"Guys," Bruce's voice caught their attention. Jane looked away to notice a young girl in black dress pants, a white dress shirt and a black tie walk up the stairs and into the building. What was going on in there?

Selina didn't even hesitate to follow the young girl. Jane, however, did. Her fight or flight instinct was kicking in and suddenly all of the trauma she had refused to face was rushing back. She stood still, not even able to move an inch. Bruce had started walking up the stairs, following Selina, before noticing Jane unmoved. 

He slowly went up to her. "Jane, you okay?"

Jane nodded discreetly, refusing to speak. 

He nodded towards the building. "You coming?"

This was the moment. She had to make a decision right here and right now. Would she be able to face one of her life long abusers? Could she face him? If she missed this, who knew if she would have another?

Jane took a deep breath. It was now or never. "Yeah, let's do this." Slowly, she followed, entering the building that held a shrine of her brother.

"Welcome, pilgrims, to the Church of Jeremiah Valeska. The only place where you faithful pilgrims can become your very best selves."

The trio had made it into the building, watching as a bunch of young men and women sat in front of a young women in a black and red striped jumpsuit and mask preach in front of them. The three of them were, obviously, hiding away. The last thing Jane needed was to be seen. Knowing her brother, he told his followers about her. If even one caught sight of her, she was captured and probably killed. 

Jane tried to ignore the quickened pace of her heart, but the longer she was in there, the moe intense it got. Jane narrowed her eyes at the woman in front of her. Something was eerily familiar about her. 

Behind her, she heard Bruce whisper, "Who the hell is that?"

"It's probably Ecco," Jane whispered back. "She was Jeremiah's proxy. She's very dedicated." Jane knew no matter what Ecco would never leave Jeremiah's side. It only made sense that it would be her. That fact only made this place a whole lot scarier. If Ecco even got a glimpse of her, she was truly dead. 

Selina's eyes began to harden. "Stay here, I'm gonna get a closer look."

Bruce immediately stopped her. "No. We do this together, Selina. That was the deal."

Selina frowned. "Funny, I don't remember saying that."

Jane's attention was shifted fully to probably Ecco in front of her. "Now, I know you've come from far and wide to meet the man himself. But first, he requires a show of faith." Jane rolled her eyes. He would have a test after what happened with his last bunch of followers. When they turned against him, it killed him and his plan. Whatever it was, it was intense. "Don't be shy. Jeremiah awaits. Who's ready?"

Some individuals stood, while others sat, unsure. Ecco gasped. "Lovely. Jeremiah will be so happy. But remember: he only wants the most faithful followers. And you all have a chance to prove yourself, right up those stairs." The ones who stood obediently went towards the stairs. Ecco turned to the others sitting. "And the rest of you, get out!"

The motion from all the others got Selina moving as she went up to Ecco. Bruce tried to stop her, but Jane kept back, trying to hide from all the people. When the motion ceased and quiet came over the room, Bruce, who had been watching the entire thing, turned back to her. "She went in."

Jane's heart beat fast. "What should we do now?"

--------------------------

Jane could barely see where she was going. She stayed closely behind Bruce as they made their way through the dark hallways. They were trying to find where Selina went with Jeremiah's followers and Ecco, but lost them. This place was confusing, especially in complete darkness. 

Bruce and Jane walked in silence. Both were too focused on finding them while also making sure no one tried to fight them. They keep walking a bit when Jane feels herself step on something. She jumped and let out a yelp. She took a step back and turned her flashlight on. What was revealed shocked her: laid across the room they were in were tens of dead bodies of young men and women. In the back of their heads were bullet holes. 

"They shot each other," Jane confirmed softly. She looked up and make Bruce's gaze, who was also shocked. "What is happening in this place?"

Bruce stared at the bodies. His face hardened. "I'm not sure. Maybe they killed themselves for Jeremiah? She did mention something about a test of faith."

Jane stared at them as well. She knew his test of faith would be harsh, but this? Jeremiah truly had gotten crazier since the city went down. 

Bruce nudged at her. "Come on.. We gotta keep going."

Nodding, Jane tried to follow Bruce out of the hallway of dead bodies. She tried her best not to step on any of them. Even when her foot grazed one, a shiver went down her spine. How could this have happened? Why? What was the point of all these innocent lives being killed for no reason?

They reached the end of the hallway and noticed two men with masks on their face going towards a staircase. Readying themselves, they got behind one for each of them. Jane kicked in his knees, sending him to the ground before punching him multiple times until he was completely out of it. Jane looked up to Bruce had his knocked out as well.

Commotion was going on upstairs. Jane could clearly hear people fighting. She made eye contact with Bruce and didn't even need to say anything. They were on the same page. They went running up the stairs as fast as they could. 

They ran into the room and saw Selina holding Ecco to the ground. She held a gun to Ecco's temple, getting ready to shoot. "Where's Jeremiah?"

"Selina, drop the gun," Bruce spoke loudly but calmly. 

"Oh-oh, your boyfriend's worried," Ecco mocked at Selina. She didn't care in the slightest that a gun was being pointed at her. "But I still don't think you have what it takes."

Selina held the gun tightly. "Yeah? Well, let's see what happens when someone deserves to get shot in the head."

Jane wasn't thinking. All she knew was that she needed to save Selina from herself. She ran down the stairs in a matter of seconds. "Selina! Stop!" Jane knocked the gun out of her hand. But it didn't stop from there. Ecco had regained control, stabbing Selina in the leg before stabbing Jane in the abdominal. Jane yelped in pain.

What seemed like out of nowhere, two giant men came out, quickly grabbing Jane and following Ecco out of the room. Jane tried fighting them but they were so strong and she had just been stabbed. Ecco locked the door behind them, preventing neither Bruce nor Selina to run after them. 

Jane's heart beat quickened while her stomach dropped. This was exactly what she was trying to avoid. 

Ecco turned and gave her a big toothy smile. "Well, Jeremiah is going to be very, very happy to see you."

ahhhhhh! super excited about this! jeremiah is finally back next chapter! its going to be very very fun :)

i'm so glad i was able to pump this out today. it had been a hectic week but hey! college! i know thats always my excuse but the struggle is real. 

also! a heads up! i do post announcements on when i plan on updating most times so if youre curious, follow me on here and you'll get updates on when to expect them. i try to be as transparent with you guys as possible

anyways! i hope u enjoyed this chapter, i had a lot of fun writing it

im so proud of jane's journey. she's truly grown into such a strong woman. proud mom moment

please please keep commenting! i love reading them! i'll see yall next time for another update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 392 12
Set around S4E11 of 'Gotham' Oswald becomes Jerome's... whatever while sat in Arkham, waiting to plan his escape so he can safely get at Sofia and sa...
12.9K 236 32
WARNING: CONTAINS BLOOD, VIOLENCE AND STRONG LANGUAGE!!!!!! "Why should I apologize for the monster I have become, no one apologizes for making me on...
540 18 11
Eleanor "Nellie" Valeska is the younger sister of Jerome.
291K 7.7K 44
You thought you knew everything about Jerome Valeska. He was your best friend. He was your boyfriend. You loved him. But seeing him transition to the...