The Slytherin Royals

By MaxineLane

Kallista Zenia Emrys is born in the world of high society pure bloods. Being one of the last remaining descen... More

0
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
The Life of Kala Emrys
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Voldemort's Last Memory
71
72
73
74
75
76
Scorpius and Sierra
The Ice Queen
The Scorpion King
-1
The Malfoy Family
That One Girl Blaise Zabini Loved
Flint's Special Puff
The Restricted Section
Sierra's Dirty Little Secret
The Slytherin Darling
Darling 1

2

319K 7.3K 26.8K
By MaxineLane

"pure blood"

When I was young, both my parents died because of- unfortunate circumstances. My grandfather takes me in no questions asked. I was the last of our blood. The family friends like the Greengrass, Malfoy, Nott and Zabini's all helped. The Mum's all rescued my grandfather from any- girl related duties like shopping.

When my grandfather has to go on long trips, I alternated between families. Most of the time, it's with the Zabini's since I grew up with his mum.

I was always with my own personal house elf that follows me wherever I go. Sometimes, when my Godfather, Severus Snape is free during the summers, he'd look after me too. That way I can stay in Emrys Manor.

"You'll be coming with?" I say enthusiastically to my grandfather who was preparing to leave for Diagon Alley to buy my school supplies.

"Of course, little one. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Buying your first wand is a very important event. My father was with me when I bought my first want and I was with your father like I will be for you."

I throw myself at him giving him a very long hug which he returns after getting his balance back. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

He shakes his head looking amused and offers his arm like true gentleman once we pull apart. "Come along, we'll be meeting the Malfoy's I believe?"

I nod my head excitedly taking his arm.

"How about the Zabini's?" He asks taking us towards the fireplace.

"They're still at Italy. The Greengrass' and the Nott's are still at that exotic island I told you about."

"It's a good thing we came back early from our holiday trip to Spain with the Malfoy's or we'll never get done with everything you need for school." He says taking a handful of the powder that one of the house elves offered to him. "Thank you, Dipsy."

-

Diagon Alley is bursting with energy as per usual.

It seems like everyone is here.

My grandfather places his hand on top of the hand I had on his arm. "Best to stay close for now."

I nod wordlessly holding on to him closer but making sure to put my chin up as the herds of people suddenly notice our presence. I could feel countless pairs of eyes on us but I force my face to look emotionless.

I could hear whispers of our name and of course- Merlin's name.

The Emrys' are known to avoid public places not because we're afraid of anyone it's mostly just a snobbish trait if I was being 100% honest. All business, food and supplies are always transported to the Manor.

Remembering Narcissa's lessons on proper posture and expression, grandfather takes me to Ollivander's where we're to meet the Malfoy's.

Draco and Lucius are already there when we arrive.

The moment we get in the store, Draco rushed to my side showing me his brand new wand.

I'm instantly mesmerized. "It looks gorgeous, Draco!"

Lucius makes his way to us, a rare genuine smile on his face. He's always liked grandfather and I. "Kal, Kallista. It's so good to see you both."

"Hi, Sir." I greet him, giving a small smile.

"My, have you grown Kallista. A few more years and you'll be having trouble with this one, Kal." Lucius says to my grandfather a teasing smile on his lips.

My grandfather bristles at this. "Salazar forbid."

Lucius breaks out in laughter. "Not to worry, Draco won't let anyone near Kallista."

"I'll be relying on that, Draco." My grandfather states patting Draco's upper back. "I do dread to have Kallista away."

We've already talked about this constantly this summer. For the past eleven years, my grandfather might leave me for a week or so but never months at a time. It's the first time the both of us would separate for this long. He wasn't comfortable with it, obviously.

Draco nods dutifully to my grandfather. "Nothing will come near, Kally."

Lucius and my grandfather share a smile before waving us away.

"I'll be sitting here, little one. Go with Draco to Ollivander." My grandfather says pointing to a seat by the doors. He has trouble standing for long periods of time.

My heart aches at the reminder that my grandfather is getting old but I'm pulled away from my thought by Draco who takes my hand and pulls me to the counter.

I turn to make sure my grandfather is comfortable when I see him seated with Lucius deep in conversation but both looking up to Draco and I from time to time. He offers me a smile waving me away yet again.

When I face back to the counter Ollivander himself is already looking down at me. "Ah, Miss Emrys. I was wondering when I'd see you here."

Before I could even return the greeting a long measuring tape went for me. It started measuring my arms but would then start measuring things I didn't know you could even measure or need to measure.

I give Draco a worried look but he just shoots me a reassuring smile.

I've read of wand lore, of course. The wizard or witch doesn't choose the wand. The wand chooses the wizard.

Finally, the measuring tape leaves me alone and Ollivander thrusts a box under my nose.

Wordlessly, I take the wand almost nervously. I'm glad my grandfather couldn't see my face because he would not be pleased with my hesitation.

I give the wand a flick and a bowl of sweets beside me erupts. I jump back the same time Draco jumps in front of me to shield me from the sugary candy.

Ollivander doesn't looked phased by this merely shaking his head and offering another wand. "Ebony Wood. A long line of Emrys have used this particular wood and coincidently Dragon Heartstring like all your relatives. 12 3/4- reasonably supple."

This time, I didn't hesitate when it was offered to me. The jet black wand with intricate twists and a sharp tip automatically draws me in.

The moment my hand touches the wand a bright warm light graces the shop. The wand was warm to touch in a very comforting way.

"Ah, as expected from an Emrys. Combative magic."

-

My grandfather pulls me into a hug the moment we finish up at Ollivanders. "Ebony and Dragon Heartstring. I am very proud."

"I hardly did anything, Grandfather." I say with a laugh as we pull apart feeling a little embarrassed.

"A very good wand chose you. It's a sign that you will do great things." He says while patting my head affectionately.

We were outside of Ollivanders now and several pairs of eyes have already found us already. It was uncomfortable but Lucius and Draco seemed so at ease, it was almost inspiring.

If Draco could do it. I could take it too.

"All right, how about you and Draco get your robes and Lucius and I will get your books. We'll meet you after. We can talk about that Broomstick." At the mention of a broomstick, I forget my poise and jump in place.

"A broomstick?" I gasp excitedly even Draco was excited. "First years aren't allowed brooms and you said it isn't ladylike to have one."

In the pure blood community as all the Mum's have informed me, a lady shouldn't own a broom. It didn't stop Draco and I from learning how to ride, of course.

We spent many nights quietly flying around. I knew flying was something I want to do. Quidditch in particular has been a part of my life for a very long time.

Draco and I have been watching Quidditch since we were little. The Ballycastle Bats were my team. It's the second most successful team and one day. I'll be playing for them.

But first, Draco and I will be playing for Slytherin. He's going to be the Seeker and I'll be a Chaser. From research, there's never been a female Chaser in Slytherin. Well- there's never been a female in the Slytherin Quidditch team for a very long time. Most Slytherin girls are from very prominent families that follow the not ladylike rule.

My grandfather merely tilts his head to the side, tapping his cane on the ground. "I've thought about it and I've seen you fly-"

Draco and I instantly freeze. "You've seen?"

"You didn't think I wouldn't see you flying through the night with one of Draco's spare brooms did you?" My grandfather says knowingly a small smile tugging at the corners of his winkled face.

Humiliated, Draco and I look down to the ground. We've been caught.

"I've seen you fly, little one and I must say you're much better at it than your father was."

"But father was the best during his time in Hogwarts." I argue not believing I was actually even close to my father's brilliance.

Lucius and my grandfather shake their heads chuckling as they did. "Trust us. We know talent when we see it."

-

"Draco, offer your arm." Lucius had commanded before sending us away to get robes.

If there's one thing I do love about the more prominent families in the wizarding world- it's how they teach the men how to be gentlemen at a young age. It was second nature to escort the ladies or even as far as protecting them from anything.

I hold onto Draco's arm but slowly slide it out and grab his hand instead like how we usually do it.

We make it to Madam Malkin's and is separated to get our measurements. I was lead to the girls section and Draco was lead to the boys. From where I was, I could faintly hear Draco talking to someone but couldn't hear enough to get the whole conversation.

Not too long after, we were both back with the adults. Draco was pointing at the new broomstick and I was ogling at it with him. I could already picture myself on it with a quaffle tucked in one arm and a foot up on one of the enemy player's face.

"Another goal for Emrys." Draco whispers to my ear knowing what I was thinking.

I lean towards his ear. "Malfoy caught the snitch. Slytherin wins."

My grandfather bought both of us a new Nimbus 2000 but with the promise that we couldn't bring it to school. At least not until our second year of school. Lucius then had the brooms customized right after which made it even more special.

Pacified and happy with our purchases, the adults brought us to the Ice Cream Parlour. They left us yet again to go to- our guess- Knockturn Alley.

We didn't mind.

Draco and I were happy enough sharing ice cream and imagining our glory days winning the cup for Slytherin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 14.3K 167
What would happen if Harry Potter was saved from the Dursley's and instead raised as the pureblooded son of Sirius Black. Will he end up following in...
177K 3.6K 70
Cassiopeia Evelyn Ambers descends from a wealthy, pureblood family. With the advantages of such a lifestyle, the princess is introduced to the disadv...
42.4K 943 39
Annabelle Avery thought she was just your ordinary witch, studying at Beauxbaton's... But when she is transferred to Hogwarts, her world as she new i...
308K 3.7K 37
A new girl Y/n Potter arrives at Hogwarts and Draco Malfoy is all over her. She is different nothing like Harry Potter. ⚠️a lot of smut⚠️ ⚠️Draco b...