Mixing of Snow and Sand

By kat1315

Mia Hosaka, the only survivor from the Village Hidden in the Snow, a village long forgotten from the attack o... More

Chapter 1: A Village Long Forgotten
Chapter 2: Connections of the Past
Chapter 3: Demonic Sand
Chapter 4: Cursed
Chapter 5: Someone Precious...
Chapter 6: One Month
Chapter 7: Temari's Wind
Chapter 8: Gaara's Demon
Chapter 9: Childhood Memories
Chapter 10: Forced Out
Chapter 11: Village Hidden in the Sand
Chapter 12: Change of Scenery
Chapter 13: A New Beginning
Chapter 14: Hosaka Legacy
Chapter 15: Kisame and Itachi
Chapter 16: Rescue Attempt
Chapter 17: Haku
Chapter 18: Clouded Truth
Chapter 19: A New Technique
Chapter 20: Her Answer
Chapter 21: The Curse Grows
Chapter 22: The Night Everything Changed
Chapter 23: Body Guard
Chapter 24: A Month Later
Chapter 25: Brother vs. Sister
Chapter 26: Sasuke Retrieval
Chapter 27: A Choice to Make
Chapter 28: True to Yourself
Chapter 29: Osore Reveals
Chapter 31: Breaking the Link
Chapter 32: Truth Behind the Wolves
Chapter 33: Reason for Happiness
Chapter 34: New Kazekage
Chapter 35: Surprise Attack
Chapter 36: Argument
Chapter 37: Hope
Chapter 38: Back Home
Chapter 39: Sad Truth
Chapter 40: The Akatsuki
Chapter 41: Transfusion
Chapter 42: Emergency Surgery & Jonin Level
Chapter 43: Gone...
Chapter 44: Bide our Time
Chapter 45: Goodbye
Chapter 46: Truth of the Osore
Chapter 47: Darkness Consumes
Chapter 48: Orochimaru's Betrayal
Chapter 49: Shei's Story
Chapter 50: Chatting
Chapter 51: The Akatsuki Strike
Chapter 52: Day Off
Chapter 53: Madara

Chapter 30: Shei's True Form

21 0 0
By kat1315

Shei, if we're going to work together...I need to know everything about you. You know everything about me. Is that fair? My voice floated in the cage room inside my chakra. It was always strange when I ended up here but this time it didn't feel as menacing.

I understand, but I will tell you that there are some things about me you'd be better off not knowing. His piercing blue eyes looked down at me.

Even so. Trust is earned. I demanded.

Seeing as your body still needs time to recover I think now would be the best time. He looked away from me as if lost in thought. Mia, are you sure you want to know everything? I've done some terrible things in the past. Killed people. Do you want to bare that burden as well?

There are people who have killed other people. But...just like people, you deserve a second chance at redemption. I smiled at him. I could see his eyes widen slightly, but his mouth turned into a toothy grin.

I was wrong about you. You're a respectable person.

Shei...He sighed before sitting down.

Ten years ago, right before your village was attacked...Orochimaru came in search for my help. Back then, I would have killed him on the spot for daring to utter such words to me. He offered me a chance at freedom. Your villages' Shinobi had sealed me away in the mountains. He freed me, by sealing me inside of you. He told me that if you didn't survive the curse mark transformation then I would have been free regardless. Eventually, after three days of struggling to keep us both alive I realized he lied to me. He wanted you and only you. He used me to make sure you would survive.

Why did he want me to survive? I pondered.

The Osore. No one has seen it for generations, the last time I saw someone have it was a hundred years ago. Orochimaru wanted you so that when the day came where you died he could steal the Osore for himself. However, he wants you alive now so you can use that power to stop all who oppose him. The Osore is probably one of the most powerful virtual Jutsus that exists. Being able to make those you fight back down with a single glance, it's unheard of. Even some of the Jonin from this village have never heard of it.

It would explain why when Itachi came for me they didn't know.

Exactly. However, there's something Orochimaru doesn't know. I looked at him as his grin spread wider. We're able to work together using our chakra thanks to Lady Tsunade. The connection between you and him may not have been completely broken, but you have the power to break it yourself.

I do?!

Yes, once we train using our chakra together we can sever the connection with the help of Neji.

Of course, because Neji can see chakra. If Orochimaru's chakra is connected to me through the curse mark, then that means Neji would be able to see it and help us get rid of it. Shei chuckled.

You've always been clever for your age. It's a good thing to have in our corner.

How long do you think it's going to take me to heal?

Maybe a day or so. You may be able to fight against the Sharingan, but that doesn't mean you're immune to it's effects.

Thank you, Shei.

You don't need to thank me, I've harassed and frightened you for years. I don't deserve your kindness. I chuckled this time.

You're just like Shukaku, in order to protect yourself, you created a shell of hatred around you. It's okay. I consider you my friend as well. We may not have started off on the right foot, but that doesn't mean we can't change that and work together. I reached a hand out and he leaned his head towards me. I touched his fur, it felt soft but rough to the touch.

Rest, you need to build your strength back up. I won't be going anywhere. Shei muttered as he faded away in the cage. I shut my eyes and allowed the darkness to engulf me once more.

~

When I woke up I felt for the most part well rested. I was sore, but nothing a little soak in the hot spring wouldn't solve. I looked towards the door to see Temari and Shikamaru talking outside. I smiled at their close proximity.

"You're awake." I jumped a little as the voice came from beside my ear. I looked sharply to my right to see Kakashi sitting there.

"I didn't think you'd be here, I would have thought Tsunade would have sent you on another mission once you brought me back." I muttered as he touched my hand.

"She wanted me to stay and make sure you were okay. I mean it's my fault you're in here." I shook my head.

"I'm the reason I'm in here. I made a stupid mistake. I'm lucky you didn't kill me for what I did." I chuckled. I no longer felt like I was gasping to breath, I was feeling perfectly fine other than the soreness.

"I would never kill you unless you gave me no other choice, Mia. You're my daughter first before a Shinobi." I gave a relaxed sigh.

"That's good to know." I turned my head back towards the door as it opened, revealing Shikamaru and Temari. They both smiled when they saw me awake.

"Good to see you awake." Shikamaru said, sitting down beside my bed with Temari.

"Good to see you not wanting to kill me for being an idiot." I chuckled.

"We all make mistakes."

"Where's Gaara and Kankuro?" I asked Temari.

"They're currently teaching at the academy. They wanted me to stop by and make sure you were okay. They'll be happy to know you're awake." I smiled thinking about Gaara helping children. I went to sit up, which made all of them reach out instinctively.

"Don't worry, I'm just sore. Shei helped my body a good amount already. He told me it should take another day or so before I'm completely recovered." I smiled at them all. They relaxed a little as I sat up. My head hurt a little from the mental drain of the Sharingan, but I was feeling good otherwise.

"How are you feeling?" Kakashi asked me when he noticed the wince I gave.

"Fine, other than my head. It's not your fault, you did what you had to do. I can't blame you for that." He frowned underneath the mask, but I simply smiled at him again. Okami wasn't in the room either, which immediately sent me into a panic. "Where's Okami?" I looked left and right to find him. My heart racing when I couldn't find any sign of him.

"He's with Gaara. He just laid with you all day and night, we wanted him to get some fresh air." Temari placed a hand on my arm. I gave a relieved sigh.

"That's okay, I appreciate you all taking care of him while I'm resting. I really did make him suffer...I thought...taking him with me would be better than leaving him, but..." I trailed off as I felt the stinging behind my eyelids.

"Mia, you did what you thought was right. You wanted to save the Sand Village, Okami came with you, because he believed in and trusted you." Temari smiled at me. I clenched my fists in my lap, my knuckles turning white as I thought about taking Okami away from our friends.

"You really shouldn't have such a worried expression, it doesn't fit you." I heard another voice come into the room. I looked up and saw Tsunade standing there, a smile on her face.

"You all smile and console me as if I didn't do anything wrong. Why?" I whispered as I unclenched my fists.

"Because you didn't. You were doing what you thought would save the Sand and Leaf Villages. You didn't kill anyone when you left, you care about what happens to us. You're home now, there's nothing for us to blame you for. Orochimaru is the person we should be blaming." Tsunade stated. I sighed.

"She's right." I turned my head towards Kakashi to see Gaara and Kankuro standing in the open window.

"Good to see you both." I smiled.

"You look a lot better than you did when we last talked." Kankuro smirked as they jumped down from the window and walked over to the bed.

"You have a lot of people who care about you, Mia. I know you see that now." Tsunade muttered as she turned to leave.

"Thank you, Lady Tsunade." She said nothing as she left the room, but that was okay. Gaara's hand pressed against mine as Kakashi allowed him to take his spot. Okami jumped up on to the bed, I hadn't even seen him come in but I was happy to bury my head in his scruff. "I'm sorry I worried you, Okami." I whispered, petting his head.

I'm just glad you're okay. He whispered back.

"Also there's something I need to tell you all." I muttered as I remembered the conversation Shei and I had.

"What is it?" Shikamaru asked.

"Shei told me how to break the connection with Orochimaru, for good." They all gave me a surprised look.

"Really? How?" Temari muttered.

"He told me, together we have the power to break it, but we need Neji's help as well."

"Because of his ability to see chakra?" Shikamaru muttered.

"Yeah. Orochimaru's chakra is embedded in the curse mark surrounding the seal, Neji could tell us where it's coming from and from there we could break the link. I don't know if it's going to be painful or if there will be any negative consequences, but if we can break that connection I'm willing to take that risk." They all nodded.

"I'm sure there will be something we could do to help." Temari smiled with the others.

"I appreciate it." I smiled.

"We should probably let you rest some more." Kankuro stated as he saw my eyes starting to drop.

"Gaara...could you stay?" I muttered. He grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Of course." I watched as everyone else left.

"Thank you for staying. I feel like I'll be able to sleep better with you here." I whispered, laying back against the pillow. His smile was the last thing I saw before falling back asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 61 11
Two years after her departure from the leaf village to train with Kakashi, Anna returns back home stronger than ever. Her comeback takes place some d...
108K 3.3K 39
Sakura is sent to the sand to teach young shinobi the healing tactics of the leaf, in a time of war it is necessary to share jutsu's. She is also the...
820K 26.5K 46
The remains of the Fourth Shinobi War are three people. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. They are the only ones left. With his last strength, Naruto uses a...
5.1K 294 15
Hinata Hyuga is tired of her current life. She belongs to a clan that doesn't see her worth, has so-called friends who think she is weak, and a crush...