I Love You, Kiddo. (BoyxBoy)

By SaimaNafis

Finley Reynolds is a gay teenager whose goal is to get into a good college and make his parents proud. He is... More

I Love You, Kiddo. (BoyxBoy)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue
THANK YOU
Bonus chapter
Sequel/Spin off

Chapter 5

27.2K 1K 324
By SaimaNafis

I was dreading this day. I did not want the morning to come. And even if it came, much to my disappointment, I didn't want to get up.

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling fan. I don't know why I am being so paranoid. I mean we are friends. And friends kiss each other right?

On the lips? Yeah sure.

Urgh. It's better that I get up, or I'll just go crazy. I went to the bathroom and freshened up. I heard some noise in the kitchen, which means that my parents were awake. I walked down the steps and silently sat down at the kitchen counter. Usually, I would have wished them and asked about their work or just joked around. But today, there were too many thoughts that were going around in my mind.

"Goodmorning Finny."

I jumped a bit when I heard my dad's voice. God, I should stay focused.

"Morning dad and mom. When did you guys come back?"

"We came back very late dear. But you were fast asleep by then. How was the match yesterday? Did you enjoy yourself?"

"The match was good. I really enjoyed it. I wish you guys would have also come." I just wanted to divert the topic.

"By the way, who won?" This time it was dad who asked. He was looking at me as if scrutinizing my every expression. And that made me nervous.

"Our team, obviously. We have such good players." I completely ignored his scrutinizing gaze and tried to be as normal as I could be and skipped the details about how Stephen played.

"Hmm. That's good, then. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself." My mom, oblivious of my behavior, smiled and put our breakfast plates in front of us. I instantly started eating, but my dad was still watching me. He knew something was wrong with me.

Shit.

"Uh, so I'm meeting up with Walter and Stephen today."

"Oh, that's great dear. When will you be going then?" My mom seemed to be very excited.

"I don't know. Walter said that he would call and tell me. But most probably before lunch." I nodded and got off the chair to keep my plate in the sink, totally ignoring the hawk-like looks by my dad.

"I'm going to my room."

I hurriedly went to my room and lay down again. It was a Saturday so I didn't have much to do at the moment. But I also did not want to face Stephen. I mean, I know I would have to eventually see him at school but if I can avoid him for these two days then maybe I will be able to forget everything. Maybe even he forgets it. That'll be so relieving. So I decided that if Walter calls, I will make some excuse so that I don't have to go.

And as if he had heard whatever I was thinking, my phone started to ring. Since I knew it could only be Walter I did not bother looking at the ID and clicked on the receive button.

"Hey," I said in a way as if I was dying at the moment.

"Don't you dare pull that trick with me. I have tried that so many times that I can very well tell when a person is faking. So get the fuck up and come to my place. Or rather meet me at McDonalds near the 6th Cross (A/N: It's a made-up name. So please don't hate me). I'll take something to eat from there and pick you up as well."

"What about--"

"He is not coming. He said he had practice for the next game. So don't worry, it's just you and me."

"Alright then. I'll see you in another half an hour."

"See you buddy"

Walter's POV

"He's coming," I said while hanging up the call.

Stephen nodded. Currently, we are in my room, with me sitting upright on the bed and him lying down with his hands under his head. He has been with me since yesterday night and been restless ever since that kiss. He is in denial about his feelings for Finley, but I know him better. It was due to these feelings that he had the urge to kiss him. And that incident has affected him so much that he has totally gone silent. Accept for nodding his head or the occasional 'hmm', he hasn't uttered a word. He is always in this deep thought.

"Stephen, will you please say something? He will be coming over in a few minutes, are you planning on remaining silent even then?"

"What do you want me to say, Walter? Do you want me to say that I liked it? Or do you want me to confess my attraction towards him from the first day? Or do you want me to tell you that I have started falling hard for him?" He suddenly started shouting but I did not mind one bit. I knew that he was frustrated and it had to come out something. Thankfully it came out before Finley arrived. What shocked me was the fact that he had indirectly confessed his feelings.

"Well, we are clear on one point at least," I said.

"Walter, I don't know what should I say to him. I don't want to scare him away by just pouring out my feelings," he said while getting up and leaning on the headboard.

"Listen, Stephen. It's you who knows what exactly you are feeling right now. And you know that giving advice is not my cup of tea. We both don't want our friendship to become awkward or even ruin the whole thing. Just figure out what you would say so that this matter is put at hold. But for the love of God, do not deny it or ask him to forget about it. It will surely make you sound like a douche. I have to go now. What do want from McDonalds?"

"The usual." he nodded and again went back to stare at the ceiling.

On my way out I picked up my wallet, phone, and keys. I just hope that everything turns out to be alright.

Finley' POV

I am sitting inside McDonalds eating french fries. Now, I couldn't just sit here without having something and french fries are my favorite. After 5 minutes, I saw Walter come through the doors and looking around. When he saw me, he smiled and pulled off his goggles.

"Sup dude?" he said while sitting down in front of me

"Good, I guess."

"Oh come on, stop sulking. I'll go get something packed and then we can make a move, okay?"

"Yeah sure." I nodded.

After 20 minutes, we were all loaded and driving back to his house. When we reached his house, I took some time to admire the beauty. Everything was very strategically placed and the colors were matched with the furniture. Whoever decided all this, has a very good taste in colors.

"My parents are interior designers."

"That's why everything is so perfectly matched and placed. Your house is really cozy."

"Thanks. Shall we eat?"

"You can go ahead, I already ate with my parents."

"Oh. Alright then. I'll be back."

He walked towards the direction of what I think was the kitchen. I sat down on the couch in the living room and picked up a random magazine that was already on the table. I heard someone's footsteps coming to the living room. I thought that it must be Walter so I did not bother looking up. But that turned futile when a familiar scent hit me. Immediately I looked in that direction and saw Stephen standing on the doorway. That means that Walter lied to me.

"Walter" I shouted.

He came running back and looked at me with a worried expression.

"You said he won't be here. Why is he here?"

"Oh god, I thought that something had happened. I didn't tell for the sole reason that you wouldn't have agreed to come."

"I'm leaving," I said and stood up to leave. I had not even taken 3 steps when I felt someone grab my hand and pulling me.

"I knew you would do this. I just can't take both of you moping around as if somebody has died. I asked you to come here so that you both could talk it out. And you better sort out everything." On the last sentence, he pushed me into a room and shut the door. There was no turning back now; I really have to face him. But what will I say? How do I start such an awkward conversation? I wish he says something first. Because I know I will say something really stupid.

The door opened again and I saw Stephen entering with his head lowered. He closed the door and leaned on it, looking at me. I did not like this, not one bit. His eyes and expressions were completely blank.

"Finley, I—"

"Let's forget about it, okay? Pretend that it never happened." Suddenly I blurted out and regretted it when I saw how hurt he was.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, I know it was just an in the moment thing. You never intentionally wanted to do it. And I know that you didn't even like it. It's okay, I'm not complaining. So, just-"

"Who said I didn't like it?"

I was shocked. Does that mean he liked it? Am I not the only one who was having these feelings?

"Listen, Finley, I won't deny that it was an in the moment thing but I will not agree to the fact that I did not like it. Even if it was short, it was the best kiss of my life. I do not want to ever forget it. But then again, I don't want us to be awkward around each other because of it. We are friends first. I just want us to be like our old selves."

He liked it? HE LIKED IT? HOW CAN HE BE SO CALM ABOUT IT?

"Finley, are you ok? Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Nothing, nothing. I totally agree with you, Stephen. I also don't want us to be awkward. I was scared that I had ruined my friendship with you."

"That won't happen. I won't let that happen ever. So, are we okay?"

"Definitely" I smiled and nodded.

Then he came forward and hugged me. I was taken aback by this gesture and it took me some time to hug him back. We stood like that for a while and pulled apart when we heard a knock.

"Is it safe for me to come inside?"

"No Walter, we are naked and giving each other a handjob," Stephen shouted and smirked while looking at me. I couldn't help but blush and shake my head.

"Oh, then I'm definitely coming inside. Wouldn't want to miss the action." We heard a click and then the door flew open.

"You liars"

"Oh shut it. Let's go and eat. I am starving."

"I bet you are. You haven't had anything since yesterday."

I was trailing behind them thinking about what Stephen had said. How is it possible to not be awkward around each other after him telling me that it was the best kiss he ever had? Sure, I liked it too. Damnit, it was my first kiss. And I couldn't tell him that, because I know that he would feel guilty, which I didn't want him to feel. It was the best experience of my life.

I didn't even realize when we had reached the living room and sat down on the couch. They both were eating like pigs and snatching the remote from each other. They are so childish, but that's what I love about them. Finally, the remote was taken by Walter, his reason being that since it was his house, he had the right to select the channel on the TV. So after a lot of channel surfing, we settled on watching a movie, the name of which I just cannot remember, but it was a good movie.

All in all, the day turned out to be not as dreadful as I was thinking. In fact, I enjoyed a hell lot today and if I had any amount of doubt regarding any awkwardness, it was thrown out of the window.

-------------------

Hey everyone,

It took me ages to fully write this chapter, but thanks to @sleepwalker for giving me some great ideas. or else this would not have been completed. You should check out her stories, they are just awesome.

Secondly, Somehow I feel that I am rushing with the story. If you think so, please let me know.

Hope you liked it (although I think it's shit).

Please comment and vote.

-Saima

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

After Dark By Z

Teen Fiction

12.1K 316 42
《 This is a BoyxBoy story 》 William Caddel wants to live. Between crushing expectations and the strictness that comes with them that seems like such...
785K 24.5K 46
(BxB) It's been a long road for Scott Toby but finally he's made it. His first official day as a high school teacher is here! Will he survive as the...
57.3K 2K 43
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
2K 139 12
A few weeks after Finley Bowers and Harlyn Evans get together while Finley is studying in England, Finley has to go home to the States. How will they...