THE MAFIA'S PRINCESS

By ThelmaAkosa

"What in the world, kid?" The roar erupted from the sleek Lamborghini as its owner, a man who could easily pa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 (THE WEDDING)
EPILOGUE
A/N

Chapter 61

40.4K 1.2K 130
By ThelmaAkosa

WRITER'S POV

"I'm so glad you could make it, my dear. We need you here." Grace said as she pulled Draya into a hug. She was still angry that Draya let Dreidan near her daughter weeks ago but having spoken with doctor Nathan, they both decided that it was best if Draya came over. It was a good thing since Draya was on holiday.

Draya hugged her best friend's mother, wishing her own mother was alive too. "Thanks for inviting me over, aunty."

Grace pulled back. "You're welcome. I hope you had a great flight. You are probably jet lagged. You should rest in doctor Nathan's cottage. I want to surprise Ava when she wakes up." Grace said excitedly.

Draya smiled at her. It was a sad smile though. "That's a great idea, aunty, but what if she doesn't even recognize me? The thought of my very own best friend not remembering me is unsettling, I swear."

Grace hugged her again. "Do not be pessimistic my dear, your friend would remember you. I've already prayed for that. You need to get into her mind. You need to bring back my baby girl. She's been so sad lately. She even refused to have dinner last night. We need our Avatia back. She's been having a lot of anxiety attacks. Plus I low key feel like she is slowly remembering that monster." She ended with gritted teeth. Just the idea of her daughter remembering the man who put her in such an empathic condition made her really angry.

"Its bound to happen aunt Grace. If Avatia is going to remember you, me and everyone else, she's obviously going to remember him." Grace told her calmly. Especially since she loved him so much. She thought to herself.

Grace sighed and took her bag. "Let's go so you shower and rest."

"Thanks aunty." Draya replied, walking behind and admiring the beautiful environment. She was way to eager to see her cute friend.

****

Avatia was laying on her bed, looking at her sky roof ceiling and still thinking about a certain man. She could not put a face to him but her heart beat whenever she thought of the faceless man who always invaded her dreams. Her thoughts where interrupted by a knock at her door. She expected to see the doctor or the woman who kept insisting she was her mother, but no, she was greeted by a very beautiful brunette. This made her sit up. "New doctor?" Avatia asked. She would not be shocked if the lady before her was a new doctor. Doctor Nathan was probably tired of her already.

Draya burst into a fit of laughter. She actually laughed until tears rolled down her cheeks. This made a confused Avatia smile. "C'mon Ava, it's  me. Your one and only best friend. Your favorite girl in the whole world. It's me. Meeeeee....! " Draya exclaimed excitedly, rushing to her confused friend and pulling her into a hug. A very very tight hug. "I missed you so much Ava. So fucking much, you won't believe it. I missed you even more than that time you flew to Italy."

"I flew to Italy?" Avatia asked as she pulled herself away from the girl who was crushing her bones.

Draya smiled at her. "I'll tell you about that later. But seriously girl, don't you remember me?"

Avatia studied the crazy girls face for a moment. "You're the girl from the hospital, I guess?" She shrugged and looked away. This was really embarrassing. Why could she not remember all these people who knew her so well.

Draya noticed the sudden uncomfortable change in her best friend and pulled her into a hug. "Its fine Ava. Don't feel sad, okay? It's okay not to remember me. And you are right, I'm the girl from the hospital. The one and only, your best friend. My name is Draya." She ended with a proud smile.

Avatia still looked away. "I'm sorry, I really don't know you. I can't remember much."

The brunette just laughed. "Its totally fine. It's okay not to remember. Sometimes, I even forget my name when I see a cute guy."

This caused Avatia to giggle. She already liked the girl. "Draya, right?"

Draya nodded. "Yupppp. The one and only beautiful Draya."

A thought popped up in Avatia's mind. "You say I'm your best friend, right?"

Draya nodded.

"Please do tell me what exactly happened to me. I keep asking the people here but they just don't want to tell me. Please tell me, Draya." Avatia begged desperately. "I need to know in order to be at peace. I need to know Draya."

Draya's heart broke at the look of desperation in her best friend's eyes. She knew she had to do something. She had to help her best friend. That was why she came. To help out. "I'll tell you, Avatia. I'll tell you everything. But first, tell me, do you stay in  here all day or you have a safe haven? It's so boring I can't believe there's no television or Wi-Fi here."

Avatia laughed. "My doctor said I do not need that. But I sometimes find it boring in here. And I do have a haven....it's the lake at the backyard. Do you want me to show you?"

Draya's eyes widened. "Is that even a question? Take me there, girl." Draya laughed as she stood up and pulled her best friend outside.

Avatia took her to the back and showed her the lake.

"Oh my goodness, this place is just so beautiful. I can't believe you've been enjoying this view alone." Draya joked as she walked to the water and took of her furry slippers, dipping her toes into the water. "Ohhh....the water feels so good. Girl I need to swim. Why didn't I bring my swimsuit. Urghhh." She groaned. "This is one sure safe haven babe. I definitely love it."

Avatia just watched Draya play around like a little girl. She just hoped the girl could tell her everything that had happened in the past.

"I remember you always hated the idea of skinny dipping back then, but Kendal and u just didn't care. You're such a prude." Draya laughed as she started taking off her skirt.

Avatia's eyes widened and she pushed a hand in front. "Please stop. That's just disgusting." She laughed too herself.

Draya laughed too. "You see, you're still a prude. I knew my Avatia is still in that body, you just can't remember."

Avatia smiled and just shrugged. "That's why I want you to help me remember. By the way, who's Kendal, you mentioned the name."

Draya laughed so hard tears rolled down her cheeks. "You do not remember Kenny? Oh my God, this is the best news I've heard throughout the day. He boasted of being the first person you would reminisce of. What a shame. I tell you what, I'll call him and you'll tell him you do not know him." Draya suggested with a laugh that caused Avatia to laugh too. The girl was just so silly. "This is so fucking hilarious, bitch. Kendal's gonna be heart broken for real. His gay ass is gonna throw a tantrum."

"He's gay?" Avatia asked surprised.

Draya nodded with a laugh. "You really don't remember him."

The blonde just shook her head and looked in a different direction.

Draya laughed one more time before pulling her friend into a hug. "Hey you, don't feel bad, okayyyy? Kendal is your cousin. Our second best friend. He's so cute, nice and a total cuddle bunny. He's also gay, which you've never been ashamed of."

Avatia tried hard to recall. "Do you have a picture of him?"

Draya nodded. "I do, but my phone's in the cottage. Let me just describe him, huh?"

The blonde nodded this time.

"He's super tall. He's got jet black mixed with brown hair."

Avatia's heart skipped a bit. The guy from her dreams had that kind of hair and was insanely tall too. "And silver eyes?"

Draya laughed and shook her head. "Nope. Piercing blue eyes."

"He's so cold but in reality, he's a good guy?" Avatia asked, judging from the guy who always invaded her dreams.

Draya laughed again. "Oh hell no, Kenny is so warm and funny. He also loves....."

"Black. That's his favourite colour." Avatia ended with closed eyes. If she had to remember this guy very well, she had to close her eyes and communicate with her mind.

Draya's eyes widened in realization of the guy her best friend was describing. It was Dreidan Vaughn. The fucking hot mafia boss. It was clear as night that even if aunt Grace forced Avatia not to remember this man, the heart just never forgets true love.

"Right? He loves black, right?" Avatia asked a shocked Draya. "What's wrong, you look like you just saw a ghost."

Draya shook her head and faked a laugh. "Uhh...not really. Kenny loves the rainbow colours. He's a gay in all definitions. So jovial."

Avatia looked at the sky. "If that's the case, then who is this guy? He's always in my dreams. I can't remember clearly though." She ended in a low tone, so confused. She had hoped this guy in her dream would be the so-called Kendal.

Draya's mouth was itching to say the truth. She was having a mind to heart debate. She was unsure of the reactions she would get if she told her the truth. Then she made her decision. She was here to help her best friend and if telling her the truth was going to help, then that was what she was going to do. "That guy you're talking of is...."

"There you are. The beauty of seeing two beautiful girls having a heart to heart conversation is just too much. It's breathtaking." Doctor Nathan said, walking towards the girls.

_____________________________

Sorry for the long wait my people. Next chapter, Dreidan comes in💃💃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 1.4K 15
He brought his hands up and tucked my hair behind my ear. coming closer to my ear "Do i arouse you?" he whispered, making my knees weak "I can feel...
627K 11.9K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...
1M 27.5K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
360K 6.6K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...