Mine (an African love story)

By Skai9876

Anima and Danny have been best friends since birth. They do everything together and are practically inseparab... More

Foreword
1. Beginning
2. Market
3. Confession*
4. Awkward
5. Helping
6. What?
7. Her
8. Messed up
9. First Time
10. What are Those?
11. Dinner for Too Many
12. Picnic
13. Drinking
14. Doctor
15. Confronting
16. Truth vs Lie
17. Gate Talks
18. Couple
19. Reconciliation
20. Church Talks
22. Reveal
23. Teamwork
24. KP Concert
25. Welcome Back
26. Shook
27. New Life
28. Song to You
29. Say You Love Me

21. The Truth

961 131 61
By Skai9876

1 month later

"Babe, why do you wanna go to his concert so badly?" Danny asks me, playing with my hair while I lay on his chest on my bed.

I sit up and give him a shocked look.

"Because King Promise is awesome. He has a great voice and I'm obsessed with his songs. He's cute too. Duh."

"Eii, Ohemaa (Queen), you're breaking my heart." he says, putting a hand to his chest.

"Won't you take me to his concert?" I ask him, with a pout.

"No because you said he's cute."

I shrug at him.

"I'm not taking it back." I tell him and he scoffs.

"Fine, I'll just find one of MzVee's concerts to go to. She has a great voice and a great body." he says and I gasp at his statement.

I jump on him carefully and glare at him.

"Take it back." I threaten and he narrows his eyes at me.

"No." he says with a smirk.

I scrunch up my face and start to fake cry. I sniffle and make crying noises, even pretending to wipe tears away.

"I-I was just joking, you know that. I didn't mean it." he says, trying to give me a hug.

I pull away and cover my face.

"I'm sorry, I take it back." he says again and I start to feel bad for him.

I uncover my face and look at him with a wide smile.

"So, will you take me to the concert?" I ask him and he groans in annoyance.

"You're so mean. I thought you were actually upset." he tells me, while I laugh in his face.

He quickly grabs me and puts me on the bed while he carefully hovers over me.

"That was not nice." he says with a smirk on his face.

"What are you gonna do about it?"

He smiles sweetly and I gasp.

"No, don't." I warn him but it's too late.

He starts attacking me with tickles and I uncontrollably laugh at each place he pokes me. He seems to be enjoying making me suffer.

"S-stop!"

I try to push him off me but it's no use. I keep laughing and he starts laughing too.

"I t-take it back. You're w-way cuter." I tell him, which causes him to stop.

I lay there with him hovering over me.

"You're still taking me to the concert. You owe me for making me suffer just now." I tell him.

He leans in and smiles.

"Anything for you."

He connects his lips with mine and his lips brush against mine when we hear the bell of my gate ring. Since my gateman is visiting his family and my parents are at work again, we have to open the gate.

Danny curses and pulls away from me. He helps me out of the bed and we go downstairs together. We step outside and go to the gate. When Danny looks through the gate, he rolls his eyes in anger and turns around.

"It's my dear friend April but her little boyfriend is with her." Danny says to me and I roll my eyes playfully at him.

Danny opens the gate for me because it's actually getting harder to move around and do things now.

Tyler walks in immediately with a weird look on his face. April follows after him with a confused face.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I ask them. Tyler just stands there so April responds to me.

"I don't know what's going on. We were hanging out and he suddenly dragged me here, saying that there's something he has to do." she says and I can hear the confusion in her voice.

"Ty, what's wrong?" I ask him and he scratches his head.

"He won't even tell me." April says, a frown on her face.

He nervously shifts weight on his feet. Danny groans.

"Chale, answer the question. You're wasting time." he says and I shoot him a glare.

"I'm scared to do this but you all need to hear this. You guys are gonna hate me after this. Well, Danny already hates me so this is going to make it even worse."

Danny scoffs while April and I look at each other with questioning looks on our faces.

"You're scaring me. What's going on?" I ask and April nods.

He lets out a huge sigh before he speaks.

"Anima, I-I'm not the father of your baby. " he says with certainty and I almost stumble back.

"What!" Danny and April exclaim at the same time.

Maybe he's not thinking straight.

"Tyler, but the picture and --" I start but Danny interrupts.

"And I caught you in bed with her and she had almost all of her clothes off." Danny finishes, with anger dripping in his voice.

"Wait what?" April asks, and I feel bad for her. She doesn't even understand what is going on.

"It was fake. I drugged the drink I gave her so she would fall asleep and forget everything after. I just took her clothes off and took pictures to make it seem like I slept with her. I knew it would get Danny angry enough to ruin your friendship. I wanted Anima all to myself. When I heard you were pregnant, I knew it wasn't mine but I had to play along to get closer to Anima. I'm so sorry Anima." he says and we all state at him with wide eyes.

I freeze in my spot. I knew Tyler liked me but not to the extent where he would do something like that. He drugged me and lied to me about it. He lied to everyone about it.  I thought he was such a good friend yet he was the reason why my friendship with Danny suffered. I trusted him.

Within a second, Danny throws a punch at Tyler. Tyler stumbles back and holds his face in pain. Danny approaches him for another punch but I quickly hold him back.

"No Anima, let me deal with him. He deserves it for what he did."

I don't listen to him and I hold him back. After a few seconds, he calms down and stands still. I walk up to Tyler and wipe away the tears I didn't even know were falling down my face. I look at April and see her shedding tears too.

"How could you do that to me? What did I ever do to deserve that? You ruined everything between me and Danny. I felt so miserable because of you. I confided in you, not knowing you were behind everything. Because I'm so stupid, I trusted you and I even helped you and April get together. I thought you cared about me." I ramble with tears rolling down my face.

"I do, that's why I'm doing this right now. And April, I care about you so much and that's why I thought you all deserved to know this. I can't let anyone keep thinking this baby is mine when I know it's not." he says apologetically.

"Hello! I wasn't even aware of any of this. " April exclaims, tears falling down her face.

Danny tries to comfort her but she pushes him away.

"April --" I start but she stops me.

"Don't. You thought he was your baby's father this whole time and no one told me a thing. " she cries, making me cry more.

"I'm sorry, I was embarrassed. I didn't know how to tell you ."

She shakes her head and Tyler gets on his knees to apologize.

"I'm so sorry to all of you. Anima, I'm sorry for drugging and lying to you. Danny, I'm sorry for ruining you and Anima's relationship. April, I'm so sorry for lying to you. I never meant to hurt anyone, I was being selfish. " he pleads with us but April shakes her head.

"Tyler, we're over. If you could do this to Anima, who knows what you would do to me? I thought you were such a nice guy but I guess I was wrong. You all lied to me and Anima, you  allowed me to get into a relationship with him. Some friends you guys are. " April says to us with disgust and she runs out of my house.

"April, please." Tyler calls out but she's already gone.

He doesn't say anything, but he puts his head down sadly and allows tears to run down his face.

"Get out. I don't wanna see you again." I tell him, sharply.

He looks up and sniffles.

"Anima, please forgive me...I don't know what I was thinking."

"I'll tell what you were thinking. You were thinking that my kindness makes me stupid and gullible. I never thought you'd take advantage of me like that. Get out." I tell him, and he stands up.

He then to walk out before he turns to look at us again.

"Congratulations, Danny. You're going to be a father. I know you wanted it to be Danny. " he says before leaving.

It then hits me while I wipe my tears. Danny is the father of my baby. We just got back together and now he knows he's going to be a father.

I turn to him slowly. He looks stressed, shocked, happy, and confused all at once.

"The baby is mine." he states and I nod at him nervously.

"I'm sorry." I tell him.

I expect him to walk out but instead, he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. He kisses my forehead and keeps me close.

"You're not mad?" I ask him and he chuckles.

"Why should I be? You love me right?" he asks, while keeping his arms around me.

"Of course I do."

"And I do too. All that matters now is protecting you and our baby and keeping you happy." he tells me and I hug him even tighter, with a huge smile on my face.

I'm happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 10.5K 58
This story is based on a true life story. Adesua is forced to attend a new school against her wishes. Fortunately for her, she finds her first love i...
217 11 7
This tight group friends have been down since forever, some since diapers. Will two of them continue to ignore the obvious feelings they have for eac...
4K 134 39
Lies, that is what Luvie believed. William was with Luvie's best friend, Rose. Rose and Luvie were inseparable from freshman year of high school to t...