Assistants and Dearest ▸▸ Kel...

By thevicandthekellin

More

Table Of Contents
l
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
Author's Note
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXII
XXXXIII (Finale)
Acknowledgements
BONUS SECTION: About The Author

XXIX

8K 417 264
By thevicandthekellin

        Kellin

Work was becoming more and more stressful. So was keeping up with Vic and trying to figure out what Matty was up to. Some how he's managed to avoid me for the past three days. It's like when I'm here, he's not. But when I leave, he probably comes back.

It just makes me more suspicious. What's so fucking bad that he has to hide it from me?

I don't know yet. But I'll find out.

Anytime that I try to cover up a major secret, or someone tries to cover a secret up from others, they always slip up and the truth is spoken. Whatever he has to hide won't be a secret forever, no matter how hard he tries. But it's also not worth my time to interrogate him when I know very well that he isn't just going to tell me. It'd take a lot more time and dedication to get him to spill. 

I punched the clock, marking my time for the day before saying goodbye to Sydney and heading out of the store. It was chilly yet again, so I slipped on my jacket I had hanging from my arm. While walking up one of the alley's, I considered stopping by the office, but then i remembered his dad and also he didn't work today.

So instead, I pulled out my phone a texted Oli, inviting him over. Usually I wouldn't invite people into a house that's not mine, but it felt necessary. I needed someone to talk to.

The walk home was short, and somehow I managed beat Oli here. But he showed up in at least five minutes of when I did.

"Hey." He said with a smile, walking through the door. He didn't smell like smoke like he always had before. His hair was combed neatly, in fact everything about him looked so clean.

"Look at you." I said in disbelief, then smiled.

"I know mate, I clean up good." He posed, then laughed. "But yeah, I was serious when I said I was done, I don't need rehab or anything."

"I guess not. I was kind of critical, you know?" He nodded his head in agreement.

We went farther into the apartment and sat down on the couch. I grabbed some bottles of water and tossed one at him. Of course Matty had beer, but I decided against it because I wasn't sure if Oli was done drinking too.

Because when he drinks, things get ugly. 

"So what's new with you?" He asked after swallowing some of his water. Oli tucked his leg under him.

"Umm, not much. I got a new job at the Bad Kitties store downtown."

"That vinyl place? I hear the lady that runs that is cute." I smiled.

"She is, but I shouldn't say that, she's my boss." He laughed, and for once it was one fo those actual Oliver Sykes laughs. They were rare, but special at the same time. 

"Yeah yeah, anyways what else?"

"Why do you always focus in on me so much?" I questioned, resting my head on the couch's back. 

"Because I don't like talking about me." He shot back. I let out a sigh.

"Fine...fair enough." I mumbled. "Vic and I worked things out from when we were fighting. We also did the do." I laughed nervously. Idiot.

"Woah, woah, woah." Oli stopped me, smiling and tugging on his bottom lip. "Did the do? What are you twelve?" I nodded, laughing once again. "So in others words you fucked?"

"Good choice of words." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "But yeah, we did."

"Well it's about time, I knew the high school you. You were like a sex machine."

"Shh, it wasn't me." 

"Mhmm." He teased. "But you have really changed now, I can see it. You don't want that anymore. You want an actual relationship that holds more than sex."

"Damn." I joked. "But yeah, you're right."

The rest of our conversation was a big blur. We talked about the past times we were together, and even what the future holds.

I don't know what the future holds, and I don't know if I even want to know. It's scary yet intriguing as well.  He felt the same.

I also talked about Matty keeping something from me.

"Who cares what the douche is hiding, at least he's leaving you alone." He replied to it nonchalantly through his thick British accent. It always amazes me he doesn't lose the accent considering he's been living in the states since he was in eighth grade.

Oli also explained what it's like laying off the drugs. Apparently he started out by selling them to abusers for the money. Then with the money he paid off his debts and bills.

"I'm really proud of you." I admitted sheepishly.

"Me too. I just feel so much more alive now. Like I'm invincible." I nodded in agreement.

Our whole night was filled with thoughtful conversations. It varied from silly stories to serious events. All that really mattered was we understood each other crystal clear.

But then the door opened. I looked at Oli quickly before standing up and peering down the narrow hallway. I saw Matty tossing his coat onto the rack. I turned around to Oli again.

"Get behind the chair." I warned Oli, so he nodded before squatting down behind the chair. Matty entered the room shortly after. 

"Hey." he said, getting ready to move pass me.

"Hi." I finally replied. The past few times I've totally ignored me.

"Look who's finally talking." He said with a snicker. I rolled my eyes.

I turned away and saw Oli's foot by the lamp. He moved silently, bumping it.

No no no. The lamp fell.

"Ow..." I heard him mumble. Matty quirked his eyes brows at me before pulling the chair forward. There sat Oli on the floor. He looked up to us and smiling nervously. "Hello." He began, standing up.

"Oli..." I started, but Matty stopped me with his finger.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Oli Sykes...And you must be Matty?" He smiled, so I calmed down a little.

"Kellin, why was he back there?" Matty turned to me now, still smiling. But that smile was turning into a more vicious look than a nice one.

"W-Well he came over and w-we talked...And then you came home. I d-didn't  know if you would care so I..."

"I wouldn't mind." He insisted. "But of course now he should go." I nodded, trying to read past his expression. What was he doing here?

I turned to Oli who stood silently against the wall, watching us like a hawk.

"You should go." I urged, so he nodded.

"See you around mate." He replied bluntly before hurrying out the door. 

Matty moved the chair back, then turned to me.

"Why would you do that?" He sneered irately at me. The nice smile he once held vanished.

"I didn't know if you'd care I just-"

"You don't trust me do you?" He interrupted.

"Not really!" I admitted.

"Yeah well I don't trust you either." He spat.

"Why? What did I ever do to you?"

"I know you and guys. You're just like me." He replied slightly calmer. "But you're gonna end up in the same mess i'm in pretty soon."

"If you're implying that I'm a whore or something you're wrong. I'm in a relationship and I'm not going around screwing other guys in your house. Oli isn't even gay." I fired back, irritated he would assume the worst out of me. "And what mess?" I added on.

"Forget it." I heard him mumble.

"What. Mess." I said slower. His eyes met mine. Matty no longer looked angry, he looked frightened. "Matty what's going on?" He shook his head.

"I went to the doctors to get checked." He began. "Usually when I go everything is fine, but something wasn't right this time. The doctor says I have chlamydia." 

"I've never heard of it..." I replied.

"Yeah well, neither had I until last week. I never told you because I thought you'd get mad or worried or-"

"Wait wait wait, why would I be worried?"

"It's an STD Kellin." My heartbeat stopped for a moment, taking in his words. "I was afraid you'd have it. That's why I haven't...You know."

"I-I could have it?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, no, no. It was after." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Is it deadly?" I questioned, so he shook his head.

"No, the doctor gave me the oral medication today. I'll be fine, it's just embarrassing."

"I always warned you about it Matty..." I began.

"I know." Was all he said before walking out of the room. He never said he was sorry, he never said anything beneficial to my happiness or concern.

Then again did I really expect him to?

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Votes: 28

Comments: 8

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 2.9K 11
2.3K 214 11
~That boy, take me away, into the night Out of the hum of the street lights and into a forest~ Fransykes
19.9K 1.3K 18
Vic claims it's over between him and his ex-boyfriend that he is still in love with, but is it really over? ° Read Change first. (:
21.8K 928 22
Word count: 62 k "Vic, I'm broken, hurt, destroyed. I'm like broken glass, getting close to me is only going to get you hurt too." "Then we'll be h...