I Saved the CEO(SLOW UPDATES)

By wolf158

Jade Holt is 25 years old and a former Military soldier. She has over to a new city trying to find a new job... More

1-I'll Break Your Legs
2-Jitter Better Café
3-Sniper
4-Who Was That?
5-Stalker
6-Questions
7-Jessica
8-Amparo
9-Princess
10-Chocolate
11-Trust
12-Getting Ready
13-Jealous
14- BANG BANG!
15-Attacks
16-Cheater
18-Dinner
19-One Drink
20- A Kiss
21- Overthinking
22-Revenge
23-Put it out
24-Fear
25-Sold
26-Fimiliar

17-Intimidated. Love

6.3K 170 25
By wolf158

Jax's POV

"Really? Are you sure?" Nick asked. "Cause you seemed really against the idea."

"I thought about it and I changed my mind." I responded.

"You thought about it for fifteen minutes."

"Alright I trust you on this." He sat down in the chair in front of my desk.

"Is there anything I need to know? How does this work?" I asked.

I've never had an affair before. I don't even know how people can keep it a secret without being guilty or regretting it.

"Its not that hard, its just like a one night stand. Except it goes on for several nights and sometimes the day."

"But how do I hide it from Jessica? What do I tell her when she asks when I'm gone?"

"Just tell her there's a big meeting so you have to work late."

"And if she comes to check on me?"

"Tell her you're on your way home. That you finished early."

"Ok. Makes sense."

"Now the hard part: Finding someone whiling to date you."

"Um I don't think that's going to be a problem. I can just go don to the mailroom and pick someone's letter."

"It can't just be anyone Jax. It has to be someone whiling to date someone who already has a girlfriend and someone who can keep it a secret. And all those letters come from girls who would love to rub it in their friends faces."

"Well that doesn't leave us with a lot of options. Who is whiling to do all that?"

There was a knock at the door. Jade opened the door.

"Jax, Jessica called letting you know that she has to work late again. Something came up." She said.

"Alright, thank you Jade."

She left my office and closed the door behind her.

"She's perfect!" Nick exclaimed as soon as Jade left.

"What!? No!" I gave him a look.

"Oh come on. We know she doesn't have a boyfriend and she hid the fact that she had a sister so we know she can keep a secret. Although I'm pretty sure her and Jessica have some kind of history. I always see them glaring at each other."

"Still I don't know. She's my assistant. Do you know what a cliché that is?"

"You sound like a girl right now. Affair can mean a lot of different things. You guys don't have to be boyfriend and girlfriend."

"How would I even ask her?"

"You don't have to ask her right away, or ask her at all. Just let it happen and things will naturally fall into place."

"How do I start out?"

"Ask her to dinner. Say its work related but ask her stuff you would normally ask on a date."

"I'll go ask her right now then."

"No wait." He stopped me. "It's best not be forward. You know what she's like. She'll find an excuse not to go. Write her a note with the date, time, and place. That way she has no choice or she won't try to convince you to change your mind."

"How do you know how to do all this?"

"I love being faithful but sometimes a guy needs a little adventure." He smirked and got up from his chair.

He turned around to leave.

"Bastard!" I said before he exited the room.

He just laughed and left.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

My thoughts were running around in my mind. All different kinds of thoughts.

Should I really be doing this? Should I really be as bad as Jessica and cheat?

She deserves this. She's going to get a taste of her own medicine.

One thought stuck to my head. The reason why most affairs end up with the man leaving.

Love.

Do not fall in love.

I'm not ready to love again.

**********************

Jade's POV

It was the next day. The small cut on my cheek wasn't too bad now.

It was one of those cuts that draws blood but then the next day barely noticeable.

I had just arrived to work and I was greeted by Princess right by my desk.

She jumped on me in excitement.

Why is it that the bigger the dog the bigger the sweetheart?

She jumped off me and walked back to my desk.

I noticed something about my desk.

It was cleaned.

I left it a mess yesterday because I was too lazy to clean it.

That's weird. None of the janitors have ever cleaned my desk before.

They always assume the papers are too important to mess with so they leave my desk alone and clean everything else.

Who cleaned it?

There was an envelope on my laptop.

I put my stuff down on the floor and sat down in my chair.

I picked up the envelope. It had a dark red wax seal.

I opened it and recognized the handwriting.

Jax.

Guess he's the one who cleaned up my desk.

The note read 'You know you should really clean up your work station better.'

I rolled my eyes and continued reading.

'Join me for dinner at my house tomorrow at eight. I will send someone to pick you up. A dinner between you, me, and Jessica to discus work. Don't try to talk your way out of it. You are required to attend. Jax.'

I sighed and put down the letter. Great.

So much for being an introvert this weekend.

There goes my plans.

My day off tomorrow and he makes me spend it with him and Jessica.

Why does Jessica need to be there if it's about work?

Oh shit.

I probably did something wrong. And Jessica wants to rub it in my face.

Am I getting fired?

No. I haven't done anything wrong. There's no reason to fire me.

I let out a small sigh. At least I hope not.

Why couldn't he just tell me this in person?

Why a letter of all things?

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

What am I going to wear?

I'll call Katie as soon as I get out of work. She'll be able to help me.

She's better at this stuff than me.

I started to get going on my work but the thoughts about yesterday kept coming back.

Why can't I get him out of my head?

It wasn't a big deal. I just pushed over the edge. Right?

Maybe I just upset him. It was hard not crying when he mentioned my sister and my mother.

Anger took over before the tears did.

Still, when he kept walking towards me. When my back hit the wall.

It was the first time in a long time I felt...

Intimidated.

************************

Hey guys.

Sorry it took so long for this chapter.

My grandpa got heart surgery and he is still recovering so I have been more focused on him.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Word count: 1145

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 3.6K 37
Katalina Jade can try to be a normal teenager and try to live a normal life, but that just isn't the case. Still recovering from a traumatic experien...
369K 9.8K 73
™️©️⚠️ All the covers and pics are AI generated pictures I made. They aren't exactly perfect but they sum up how I imagined the characters. Going th...
4.2K 220 25
** RE-WRITTEN VERSION IS NOW ON AMAZON, EBOOK & PAPERBACK AVAILABLE ** Leah Miller was just 22 years old when she was training to take over her dad's...