Then and Now: A Harry Styles...

By musicluva4eva

It was just supposed to be a simple, harmless lunch date, to catch up with an old friend. But when that old f... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Six

31.5K 335 64
By musicluva4eva

Guys. Guys GUYS!!!!! SEVENTY THOUSAND READS ON THIS STORY OMFG HOW DO I BREATHE AND LIVE I NEARLY STARTED SCREAMING WHEN I SAW IT SO HERE'S A MASSIVE MASSIVE POST TO CELEBRATE THAT AND TO (HOPEFULLY) MAKE UP FOR MY NOT UPDATING LAST WEEK.

_______________________________________________________________

I awakened at five thirty in the morning the next day. Not only did I have to be up to say my goodbyes to my mum and brother, who were leaving promptly at six, but I had to make sure that I had all of my things packed for the next month. My sister had graciously offered to stay with me until I had to leave, which I was happy about.

By six thirty, my mum and Drew had left and I had quickly showered. I was checking over all my suitcases, making sure I had everything. I had two suitcases; one was an extra large one that held all of my clothes, and another one held all my accessories.  I was a bit obsessive when it came to my outfits. My sister was sitting at the table, eating a bowl of cereal.

“So, since it’s just us two right now, we are going to chat about the whole Harry situation.” Lisa said.

“Alright.” I said, preparing myself.

“Why the hell are you two not dating already? He keeps shooting these looks at you that absolutely scream that he wants you. Can you two just put your stubbornness aside and get together already?” She said, making animated hand movements.

I could faintly hear her mumble “and get married and have a dozen cute babies that I can spoil like no tomorrow.” But I ignored her.

“He doesn’t like me Lisa. He said it himself, ‘No, of course not! We’re best friends! That’d be weird!’” I quoted what Harry had said to Drew yesterday.

“I’m positive he only said that because we were there Jen. I understand why people ship you two now.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because you two are always together and it’s so cute and I just want to scream over how adorable you two are yet you aren’t dating and it’s so frustrating!” Lisa exclaimed.

I should explain that Lisa used to be a full time fangirl. Her walls were plastered with posters of the Backstreet Boys, Westlife, and *NSYNC. She probably spent thousands of dollars on concerts and official merchandise. My parents were never pleased that she always spent her allowance on ‘unnecessary things’. So she understands the boys’ fans mindset well, because of her past experiences. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a secret twitter where she fangirled.

“You can be quite irritating Lisa.” I sighed.

“I know, right!” She chirped.

Before I could open my mouth to respond, I heard a knock on the door. Lisa darted over to answer it, though I already knew it was Harry.

“Hello Lisa.” I heard his voice say, “We’re in a bit of a rush, so we need to get Jen and her bags and leave quickly.”

“Hey! Grab that suitcase, and I’ll grab the other one. She’ll bring the rest.” Lisa ordered.

I quickly grabbed my carry on and my purse, and looked around my flat for the last time for two months. I grabbed my mug of tea from the counter, and hurried out of the door. I spotted Lisa and Harry already at the end of the hall, both struggling with my suitcases. I might have packed a bit too much in them…

“Hey Haz.” I said, ignoring the pangs in my stomach because of the ever-flattering muscle shirt he was wearing.

“What the hell did you pack in here? Your entire closet?” He breathed heavily.

Ooh. That sounded hot. And really, really, attractive. Shit. I shouldn’t be thinking that. My uncontrollable female hormones were messing up my brain more than usual today.

“Uh…yes?” I responded, stepping into the elevator.

“Are you serious?” Harry asked, pressing the ground floor button as the metal doors slid closed.

“I think she is. There’s only old clothes in her closet now.” My sister said thoughtfully.

The doors opened, and I shrugged at Harry. We walked into the dreary English weather, and I spotted the boys black van and another, smaller one behind it, which I assumed was carrying their luggage. It resembled the type of van you’d see in those movies about kidnapping. Hmm.

I followed Harry and my sister to the extra van, and he put my suitcase filled with my precious clothes in the back, and my sister did the same. I put my carry on luggage in too, and Harry shut the door. I turned to my sister, realizing it was time to say goodbye.

“I’m going to miss you Lis!” I exclaimed, throwing my arms around my older sister tightly.

“Me too Jen.” She replied, squeezing her arms around me.

I pulled back after a few moments, and wiped the edge of my eyes. My sister’s eyes looked slightly teary as well, but then a devious smirk crossed her face. I suddenly noticed the tiny zippered pouch she was holding in her hands.

“When you get it in with Harry, make sure to use protection; we don’t need tiny, gorgeous soon to be popstars running around.” She said, smiling happily while she skipped away.

I stared at her back, my mouth wide open and the pouch still in my hands. I could see Harry looking at me curiously, from his spot by the vans door. I cautiously opened the pouch and found exactly what I expected there to be.

Condoms. Wow. Isn’t my sister thoughtful?

I shoved it into my purse, and walked slowly to the car, Harry smiled at me, as he opened the door.  I saw all the boys in there already; Zayn and Niall were sleeping soundly while Louis and Liam had their earbuds in. Harry and I slid into the two remaining seats in the back, and with that, we were off to Heathrow International Airport.

“How was your dinner with the in laws Hazza?” Louis asked suddenly.

“What?” Harry responded curiously.

“You don’t know?” Louis said seriously, though I could hear a slight joking tone.

He opened his bag, and pulled out a set of newspapers and magazines and handed them to us. Harry grabbed them, and we looked curiously at their covers. Ours eyes widened as we read them all.

HARRY STYLES’ DINNER WITH THE IN LAWS!

THE ‘JARRY’ FAMILY DINNER

LOVE IS IN THE AIR: HARRY AND JENNA’S INTIMATE FAMILY DINNER

Underneath the bold headlines on the magazines were pictures of my family entering Harry’s building. Isn’t this bloody amazing?

“Jesus Christ.” Harry muttered, while I narrowed my eyes.

“I think the headlines are pretty good. Especially the Sun’s dinner with the in laws one!” Louis said.

“Shut up Louis.’ Harry said, and Lou pouted, but went back to his music.

“Why are they so set on our friendship being a relationship?” I asked.

“Well, our management has, in a way, put me as the ‘frontman’ of the group, as much as I dislike it. So the media automatically sets out to dig up details on my life, more than they would for, Niall, lets say.” Harry explained.

“They should accept it already,” I groaned, leaning my head on his shoulder.

“I know.” Harry said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

It was a very couple-like position, but it was comfortable. I could smell the light, musky scent of Harry’s cologne, and my head seemed to fit perfectly into the crook in-between his shoulder and body. I could hear the soft notes of an Ed Sheeran song drift through the car, and I could hear Harry softly singing the lyrics under his breath.

You will never know, just how beautiful you are, to me….”

I closed my eyes and savored the sound of his smooth, deep, and incredibly unique voice. I loved hearing him sing; it was calming and beautiful. I felt the tiredness piling up on me, and slowly felt myself slip into a dreamless sleep.

XXX

“Jen? Wake up love!” I heard Harry’s voice say quietly.

“What?” I exclaimed sleepily, rubbing my eyes.

“We’re almost at the airport. There’s fans and paparazzi outside, so you need to be ready to run. Just remember to keep a tight hold on my arm, okay? Paul and Andy will try to make us all a pathway but you never know what could happen.” He said.

“Alright.” I responded.

It was then I noticed I was still in my ever so comfortable position, and I could see the other boys looking at us through the corner of their eyes. Louis looked like he wanted to say something, but held back. I extracted myself from Harry’s arms, and sat upright, avoiding eye contact with anyone. I could already hear screams coming from the approaching airport, and I prepared myself silently for the hurtful comments that would most likely be shouted my way. Reading them on twitter and hearing them in real life were two completely different things. I could ignore hate, I was used to it; I just had to prepare myself emotionally.

“Okay boys,” Paul said, and then looked at me, “and girl. You all know the airport drill. Zayn first and Harry last. Squish as tightly together as possible. Preston will take the front, I’ll be taking the back, and Andy and the other guards will take the sides. Alright?”

“Got it.” The boys all chorused.

“Jenna?” Paul turned to me.

“Yes?”

“Stay close to Harry and don’t let go of him, no matter how hard it seems. Once you reach the doors there’ll be extra security to get you through all the checkpoints.”

“Got it.” I said confidently.

Paul nodded and turned forward, most likely getting ready for the immense amount of screaming that he would hear soon. We turned around a corner and I could see a sea of girls waiting, holding giant signs. I gulped and unconsciously grasped Harry’s hand. We pulled to a stop in front of the group, and Paul suddenly shouted go.

And that’s when everyone went crazy. I saw security jump out from the other van, and open our vans door. The boys piled out and I followed after Harry, never letting go of his hand. I felt my heart beating a thousand miles an hour as I tried to breathe evenly. The moment we stepped out, I was hit with screams and flashes. I felt Harry’s arm wrap around me, squeezing me as close to him as humanly possible as we followed behind Liam closely,

“HARRY MARRY ME I LOVE YOU!”

“OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU WITH HER SHE’S SUCH A SLUT!”

“CAN I HAVE YOUR BABIES HAZZA?”

“HOW WAS THE DINNER HARRY? ARE YOU TWO GETTING ENGAGED?”

Those were the things I heard around me as we pushed our way through. I felt peoples slippery grips grabbing at my jacket and purse, but I held onto them tightly.. I could hear harsh things being screamed at me, about how ugly and slutty I was, but I did my best to ignore them. I felt my breathing shallow, and I could feel some sort of panic attack coming on. I tried to keep focus on putting one foot in front of the other, but I found it hard.

The claustrophobia that I thought I had gotten over years ago was coming back, and I suddenly felt as if I was in a sandstorm. We were nearly at the doors now and I think Harry realized that something was up, since he was shouting at the boys to run. I was on autopilot as I ran towards the airport doors, and before I knew it, I was out of the mob of hormone crazed girls and was sitting in an uncomfortable airport chair.

I felt Harry moving my head so that it was in between my knees and his ever-soothing voice saying, “Breathe in. Breathe out,” Over and over until I could feel my breathing return to its normal pace.

I slowly lifted my head up, and saw Harry crouched beside me, his emerald orbs wide and concerned. I saw Paul behind, obviously looking out to make sure no fans got into the building.

“You okay now Jen?” he asked quietly.

“Yes.” I responded, “I thought I had gotten over my claustrophobia….I guess I haven’t.”

“I shouldn’t have made you do that—“ he started, but I cut him off.

“Don’t even go there. I agreed to coming, and that’s that.” I said.

“Hate to break this up, but we need to get a move on if we’re going to make your flight.” Paul said, tapping the watch on his wrist.

We both nodded and I got up slowly, to avoid a dizzy spell. Harry kept his hand grasping my own, as if I would run off if he let go. We caught up with the rest of the boys, and for the next hour made our way through security checkpoints and buying extra caffeine. We sat in the VIP Lounge while waiting for our flight to board, and only ran into a few fans that were on their way to different destinations all over the world. When the plane finally boarded, we made our way to our seats in first class, which I had never been in before. The best I had ever flown was business class. I was seated beside Harry, with Louis and Liam (also known as the taken members of One Direction) sat behind us, and Niall and Zayn in the bank of seats across the aisle from us.

“Excited?” Harry asked, smiling as he went through his texts one last time.

“Yes!” I exclaimed, “It’s been years since I’ve been to America, and New York City is beautiful! To be honest though, I’m really excited to go shopping everywhere. There’s tis wedding dress store—“

“Weddings?” Harry looked curious, and slightly panicked.

“I’m not getting married, you idiot. I think wedding dresses are pretty, and I’m a girl. I dream about what my wedding will be like all the time.” I raised my eyebrow when he sighed, “Anyways, I’m thinking when Danielle and Eleanor come over, the girls and I should pretend we’re getting married or something like that and go to that store where that American show, Say Yes To The Dress is filmed and try on the dresses!”

“I HEARD WEDDING HAVE YOU TWO FINALLY REALISED THAT GETTING MARRIED AND HAVING A DOZEN BABIES THAT I CAN BE THE GODFATHER OF AND SPOIL IS THE BEST THING TO DO?” Louis screamed from behind us.

The flight attendant, and everyone else already in first class turned to stare at us, though the rest of the boys were doubled over laughing. Niall looked like he was going to pass out because his face was so red.

“What the hell Louis?” Harry said, rubbing his ears.

“Oh, sorry,” Louis said, a devilish, yet innocent look on his face, “I thought you two had figured out the obvious by now.”

With that he turned back to playing Temple Run on his iPhone and pushed his over ear headphones onto his ears. Liam and the rest of the boys seemed to have calmed down now, though Niall’s face was still redder than ever. I swear to God that Lisa and Louis were related in a past life. Maybe Lisa has his number or something and they scheme out ways to embarrass me together. I finally decided that it was the best to ignore the comment and kept a passive look on my face, continuing my conversation. I could see the dark looks Harry was shooting his best friend.

“Anyways, I want to do all the touristy things. How about you?” I said.

“Uh..I…uh I want to do the same things but I’m not sure if Paul will let me.” Harry said.

“Then sneak out.” I said.

“I’m quite recognizable.” He said, a slight sarcastic tone edging his voice.

“Hello! You’re talking to your tour stylist here! I could make you look like a girl if I wanted to.” I said.

Harry chuckled, “Then it’s a date. We’re sneaking out one day and being regular, everyday tourists that get lost in the big city.”

“Yes. We just can’t go clubbing.” I smirked at him.

Harry’s cheeks reddened, remembering when the boys were in Australia and their management had grounded him when he snuck out to go clubbing and got wasted. So wasted he started asking Paul when they were eloping and fell off a couch that he was already sitting on.

“That was completely worth it, though.! I hadn’t been to a club in months and was dying to go!” He exclaimed.

I simply raised my eyebrows and leaned back in my seat, since the seatbelt sign had just flashed on. I grabbed a packet of gum from my pocket and popped one into my mouth, I saw the stewardess doing safety procedures, but I ignored them, and instead leaned back and put my headphones on, and soon Emilie Sande’s voice was drifting through my soul. I was almost completely lost in the song when I felt a hand tightly grasp mine.

I turned and saw Harry’s usually smiling face pale and frowning. His knuckles were turning white, and I felt circulation leaving my hands because of how tightly he was squeezing it.

“I hate takeoffs.” He said quietly, a hint of fear in his eyes.

“Sing.” I said.

“What?”

“Sing. You love to sing, and you said it’s calming, so just sing, and before you know it we’ll be up in the air.” I said in what I hope was a soothing voice.

I should ink my skin, with your name.” he started singing quietly.

I smiled at him, urging him to go on, to forget about everything.

“And take my passport out again, and just replace it.

See I could do without a tan on my left hand, where my fourth finger meets my knuckle.

And I should run you a hot bath, fill it up with bubbles.

'Cause maybe you’re loveable, and maybe you’re my snowflake, and your eyes turn from green to grey, in the winter I'll hold you in a cold place.

And you should never cut your hair, 'cause I love the way you flick it off your shoulder,

And you will never know, just how beautiful you are to me, but maybe I'm just in love when you wake me up.”

Harry sang quietly, and before I knew it we were in the air, his breathing started to return to normal and his grip on my hand loosened, and he moved it slightly, though it still brushed against mine.

“I should’ve thought about doing that earlier.” Harry chuckled. “Singing is calming.”

“Now what would you do without me?” I said, laughing.

“I don’t know.”

I smiled at him and decided to grab a couple hours of sleep before we landed in New York.

“I’m going to sleep. Don’t wake me up if you like your hair.” I said, seriously, closing my eyes.

I questioned why Harry had chosen to sing such an emotional Ed Sheeran song. Because, really, he could have sang any song in the world, but he chose one of my favourite Ed songs?

‘Stop overthinking his song choice right now.’ My brain screamed at me, and for once, I decided to listen to it. So for the second time that day, I fell asleep with my head against Harry’s shoulder.

_________________________________________________________________

 GUYS I THINK PAYZER IS ACTUALLY OVER I'M SOBBING SO MUCH I LOVE THEM THEY'RE PERFECT WHAT DO I DOOOO WITH MYYYY LIIIFFFFEEEEE I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT WEEK BECAUSE HELLO LWWY VIDEO WHICH IS PERFECTION BTW BUT NOOOOO MY FAVOURITE COUPLE EVER SEEM TO HAVE BROKEN UP AND I AM S O B B I N G 

 Question: What do you think about the LWWY video?

Answer: The moment I heard "Tonight let's get some" I started screeching OH MY GOD HARRY COME GET SOME WITH ME I VOLUNTEER AND THEN FOR THE REST OF THE VIDEO I WAS SCREAMING BECAUSE THEY ALL LOOKED SO SEXY AND THEN I DIED SO I'M POSTING VIA FANGIRL HEAVEN 

Chapter Goal: 30 comments and 55 votes?

~Shaki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 395 25
Arianna and Laetitia are 2 normal teenagers who fangirl over One Direction. When in London when they are on their holiday, their plans change a bit w...
261K 1.8K 27
(COMPLETE) Molly can't help feel bitterness towards Harry, she was the one who egged him on to audition for The X Factor, and now look at him; he is...
104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...
435 46 30
You made me see the dark- lights, the stars- shine and the moon- smiles, don't leave me!