soulmates | jungkook ff

By coconutjunglebook

"Once every being reaches the age of 18, their soulmate's name gets enscripted on their wrist. The name is pe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Detention
Chapter 2: The Bonding Room
Chapter 3: The New Teacher
Chapter 4: The Project
Chapter 5: The Best, Worst First Date
Chapter 6: The New Student
Chapter 7: New Amends
Chapter 8: Changes
Chapter 9: Enemies
Chapter 10: The Field Trip
Chapter 11: First Love
Chapter 12: New Suspicions
Chapter 14: Park Jimin Turns 18
Chapter 15: Soulmates
Chapter 16: Hangover Soup
Chapter 17: The Final Addition
Chapter 19: Fake It 'til You Make It
Chapter 20: The City of Love
Chapter 21: Nightmares
Chapter 22: The Incident

Chapter 18: Love Maze

2.6K 98 97
By coconutjunglebook

Jungkook's Point of View

The next few days were a blur. Y/N and I particularly spent a lot of time together to work on our project.
We presented tomorrow.
We often went to her house, but today, we decided to do it at mine.
Spending a lot of time with her brought me to the realization that she was actually fun to be around.
I loved seeing her laugh, she would just make jokes to herself, then burst out laughing. It made me want to laugh, too.

*ding dong

"Jungkook-Ah, could you get the door?" My mom called from the kitchen.

I stood up from the couch and speed-walked to the front door. I opened it to reveal who other than the spontaneous Y/N, standing there with a bright smile.

"Ah, Park Y/N." I said.

"Ah, Jeon Jungkook." She said back with a smile.

"Come on in." I told her and signaled her to come inside.

"Who's at the front door, Jungkook?" My mom asked  from afar.

Y/N stepped to the kitchen shyly.

"Ah! And is this my future daughter-in-law?" My mom asks excitedly and wiped her hands on her apron.

"Mom.." I groaned.

"Hi, Mrs. Jeon.." Y/N says shyly.

"Wait a minute, let me take a closer look at you.." My mom smiles and examines Y/N more carefully.

"I recognize that adorable face..Y/N?" My mom says and I looked at her in confusion.

Y/N nods and smiles.
"It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Jeon."

I didn't understand.
How did Y/N and my mom know each other?

"Oh, look how you've grown! You're gorgeous now! I remember you being this short, and look at you now!" My mom excitedly pointed out. She pulled Y/N into a big hug.

I stood there blank-faced. I couldn't understand.

"How do you know Y/N, Mom?" I asked.

"Oh, her mom was my best friend! I've known Y/N since she was a little baby. As a matter of fact, I was there the day you were born, Y/N-Ah. You were born just a few minutes after Jungkookie. I remember carrying him to you. You two held hands! It was adorable." My mom recalled the memories.

Now, I was really confused.

"So Y/N and I have known each other since the day we were born?" I said in shock.

My mom nods. "And you were friends with Jimin, too. But you two weren't as close as you and Y/N. You probably forgot all about it after the accident.." My mom explained.

Now, I understood. When I was younger, around five years old, I got into a car accident and was in a coma for five weeks. I couldn't remember anything after that. I couldn't believe that I've known Y/N and Jimin way longer than I thought I did.

I was angry at my mom for never telling me, I could've known Y/N for so much more longer than I thought.

"I always knew you two would end up together." My mom said and smiled.

"No, Mom!" I yelled.

"No, Mrs. Jeon. I'm actually here to work with Jungkook on our project." Y/N explained.

"Awe, darn. I still think it's gonna happen. It just takes some time. " My mom winked and smiled.

"Actually, Mrs. Jeon, could I have a word with you privately?" Y/N asked, which sparked my curiosity even more.
Why the hell would she have to speak to my mom alone? This whole situation is so strange.

"Of course, dear." My mom says and signaled for me to leave.

"Okay, I'll be upstairs. Come up when you're done, Y/N." I told her and walked upstairs, curious about what Y/N had to say.

...
Narrator Point of View

"It's nice to see you again Mrs. Jeon.." Y/N smiles warmly.

"It's been way too long, dear.. now, what was on your mind?" Mrs. Jeon asks kindly.

"Well, Mrs. Jeon. Jungkook still doesn't know about the incident. Please don't tell him anything else about when we were younger, and about my mother. If he knew, he wouldn't look at me the same way."
Y/N told her sadly and looked down.

"O-oh. Darling..I apologize. You tell him when you're ready..I won't tell him anything else. I should've thought about the consequences before I told him that you guys knew each other since you were kids." Mrs. Jeon says apologetically.

"And also..I'm so sorry about your mother. I miss her so much, everyday. It's hard to lose your best friend, but I can't imagine how hard it is..losing a mother. I hope you and Jiminie are well." Mrs. Jeon added.

"Oh, we're doing alright. And thank you, Mrs. Jeon." Y/N says and smiles.

Mrs. Jeon smiles back at her warmly.

"And before you go, Y/N..give my Jungkookie a chance. He may be a pain sometimes, but I can see the way he looks at you. Jungkook has never brought a girl to our house, so I know you're special." Mrs. Jeon says and held onto Y/N's hands.

Y/N tried to cover her wrist by turning it upside down.
She couldn't let her know that her son was her very own soulmate. It was just too soon after not seeing her in so long.
She smiled at Mrs. Jeon and nodded, before she headed upstairs where Jungkook was waiting.

..

"Finally!" Jungkook got up from his bed where he was laying down, going through his phone.

"What took you so long?" He asked.

Y/N set her stuff down on the carpeted floor and sighed.
"It wasn't much. Your mom and I just talked about my mom, and how much we both missed her." Y/N said, not completing the whole story.

"Oh..I can't believe I've known you since we were babies. That's insane. I wonder why my mom never told me.." Jungkook says in awe.

"Well, you did move away to go live with your dad for a while.." Y/N assumed.

"Yeah, but I got into an accident that caused me to lose my memory, that's probably why I forgot about everything. My mom never reminded me of you, though." Jungkook says and started to wonder.

"She probably figured that you wouldn't care about a random girl that's her late best friend's daughter."
Y/N tried to reason and looked down.

"But you're so much more than that. W-we could've been best friends- all the way until now. We wouldn't have to hate each other .And then we'd find out that we're soulmates, and it would be a happier ending." Jungkook imagined.

"Yeah, but your mom doesn't know that we're soulmates. She couldn't have predicted the future. It's not her fault. Life happened, but we found each other again, so it didn't turn out too badly." Y/N says and shrugs.

"Look, can we not talk about that anymore? Let's just work on the project." Y/N decided and they both got out their materials.

"We rehearsed it yesterday with our wedding attire, let's just go over it one more time. After the fake wedding, we'd need to buy a fake house, and then have a fake baby. This could probably take all the way to winter break." Jungkook says.

"That's true. That's start rehearsing. Mrs. Moon will be the priest. Let's just go over our vows.." Y/N suggested, and the two of them got to work.

As Jungkook looked over at Y/N. Her long hair swayed across her face lightly. Her beautiful lips parted and went together as she was in thought.
Her rosy cheeks complimented her complexion.

She was beautiful. There were little things that he hadn't noticed about her before. He was starting to fancy her after spending so much time with her.
He couldn't understand what the feeling was, for he had never felt it, but he knew that she was beautiful..

The two went over their vows, stayed in their budget zone, and had everything they needed. They were prepared to present tomorrow..

*The Next Day*
Y/N and Jungkook's presentation

"Jeon Jungkook..Do you take Park Y/N as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Mrs. Moon says while looking at both of them, standing beneath the fake alter.

Y/N was wearing a short informal white dress as he was wearing a cheap, gray tux.

Jungkook's heart stopped as he looked into Y/N's dazzling eyes. Her eyes stared at him with hopefulness and gentleness. She smiled at him lightly. It was quick, but there was a fluttering feeling in his chest, and butterflies swarmed his stomach.
He was unsure of his own feelings. He couldn't understand, for he was in some kind of love maze..

Quickly looking back at Y/N in reality, Jungkook smiles back at her.

"I do."

Ms. Moon smiled with glee.

The audience were all smiling with excitement.

"Damn, this feels so real." Yoongi whispered to Hoseok.

"Of course it does. You can tell by the way they look at each other. It's true love." Hoseok sighs and smiles.

"And Park Y/N..Do you take Jeon Jungkook as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" Mrs. Moon says while looking at both of them, standing beneath the fake alter.

Without hesitation, Y/N says,
"I do."

Jungkook and Y/N exchange the cheap fake rings they bought the week before.

"Are there any objections?" Ms. Moon questions and scams the room.

Taeyong's hand slowly started rising up.

Jimin followed by the rest of Bangtan shot him a death glare. He stared back at them and continued to raise his hand.

Ms. Moon bluntly ignored him, even with his hand in the air.
"No one? Not a single person?" She asks.

Taeyong started waving his hand.

"Alrighty then." She says and shrugs.

Ms. Moon looks down excitedly.

"And now..by the power vested in me and this whole classroom, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife!" She exclaims.

The whole class except Taeyong cheered and whistled.

"You may now kiss." Ms. Moon says and smirks.

The whole class gasps and smiles.
Everyone went silent in the moment of aspiration.

"Oh, it's okay. We can skip that." Y/N says awkwardly.

"Yeah. Haha, wedding's done." Jungkook says and chuckled awkwardly.

"What do you mean it's done?! You're missing the most important thing!" Jimin shouted.

"It's not a real wedding without a kiss, nerds." Yoongi says.

"Just kiss!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"KISS. KISS. KISS. KISS. KISS. KISS." The whole class chanted and pounded their desks in sync.

Y/N and Jungkook stood there in nervousness.
They looked at Ms. Moon who was waiting patiently.

"Ah shit. Screw it." Jungkook thought as he took a deep breath and started leaning in.

"Oh shit. Why's he leaning in?! Oh gosh. I haven't even had my first kiss!! SHIT. My first kiss is gonna be Jeon Jungkook. What do I do?!" Y/N panicked in her thoughts.

Y/N stared at him wide-eyed. He was leaning closer. She stared at his lips.

He stopped midway and opened his eyes. He was centimeters away.

"Don't freak out. It'll be quick. Just follow my lead." He whispered under his breath.

"JUST KISS, YOU PUSSIES." Seokjin yelled from impatience.

The whole class stares at him. Jungkook and Y/N looks at him in shock.
Ms. Moon tried to hide her chuckle.

Jungkook and Y/N paused..and within a moment, they locked lips..

The whole class busted out in cheer. Everyone was yelling in joy.
Y/N and Jungkook held a long, passionate kiss, until Y/N caught herself and backed away.
Me. Moon smiled brightly at the two of them.

Both of them had finished the first part of their presentation with passing grades. Everyone celebrated the rest of the class with food and delightful conversations.

*3 Months Later*

Fast forward to the first day of winter break. Three months went by in a blur. Everyone finished the entire portion of their projects. Everyone had bought fake homes and pretended to take care of a make-believe doll baby.
Jungkook and Y/N both received outstanding A's on their long project.
As the months went by, Jungkook found himself slowly but surely feeling something for Y/N. He knew that falling in love with her would make things uncomfortable and complicated whenever they met up. One thing was for sure, they were starting to become very close..

*Taehyung's home*

"Man, I can't believe Irene and I got a C on our project." Hoseok sighed as he sat back on the couch in Taehyung's living room.
Everyone was hanging out at Taehyung's house before the exciting trip to Paris that was coming in three days time.

"Well, you did drop your baby three times." Taehyung reminds him and everyone chuckles.

"Speak for yourself. Eunha and I got an F. We lost that damn fake baby." Yoongi complains and everyone bursted into laughter.

"So Y/N. Are you excited to go to Paris?" Tae asks.

"Yeah! I am. I've never been out of the country before. This is exciting." She says and smiles.

Everyone kept talking about their plans for winter break. Suddenly, Jungkook eyes a smiling Y/N while looking at her in deep thought. She met his eyes and looks at him in confusion.

"Y/N, can I talk to you privately for a sec?" He asks quietly, while everyone was still bustling about their plans.

Y/N nods and follows him into the empty hallway for Taehyung's mansion.

Jungkook looked to make sure that no one was around.

"Why are you being so secretive?" Y/N asks as they got there.

"I'm not. I just want to talk to you privately about this for now." Jungkook says.

"Okay then..what'd you call me here for then?" Y/N asked, half curious, half afraid of something bad coming.

Jungkook thought about how to say the right words and hesitated, before he finally says,

"Y/N. I need you to do me a favor."

TBC..

________________________________
Author Note:

Ooooh, it's gettin hot in here ;). Are feelings starting to form..?

When will JK realize his feelings for Y/N?
Does Y/N feel the same way?
What favor does he want from her?

Find out in the next chapters!

(Also, thank you for 5K reads. I appreciate it so much! I love you all and I'm glad you enjoy this story 🥺💜)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 4.6K 52
Soulmates. Will you find yours and hope shows up in the form of a medication intended to help people find their own true match. Hope at last! Or not...
5.6K 413 11
Park Jimin, 23 with a dark past. Finally escaping and fleeing to Seoul from Busan to push it all away and bury it, wanting to start a new. His new ro...
121K 3.1K 28
Kim Namjoon Fanfiction Currently rewriting this! People seem to enjoy the story but I'm not happy with the quality of writing. It is completed and i...
154K 5.5K 68
Taehyung and Jungkook end up with the same soulmate. When you turn 21, the name of your soulmate appears on your body. Usually, you only get one sou...