The Neurologist's Love

Autorstwa SarahYBooks-

A story about a 24-years-old Muslim Girl living a typical pakistani life as a doctor. She is faced with discr... Więcej

A U T H O R 'S N O T E
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 1 0
C H A P T E R 1 1
C H A P T E R 1 2
C H A P T E R 1 3
C H A P T E R 1 4
C H A P T E R 1 5
C H A P T E R 1 6
C H A P T E R 1 7
C H A P T E R 1 8
C H A P T E R 1 9
C H A P T E R 2 0
C H A P T E R 2 2
C H A P T E R 2 3
C H A P T E R 2 4
C H A P T E R 2 5
C H A P T E R 2 6
C H A P T E R 2 7
C H A P T E R 2 8
C H A P T E R 2 9
C H A P T E R 3 0
C H A P T E R 3 1
C H A P T E R 3 2
C H A P T E R 3 3

C H A P T E R 2 1

262 32 2
Autorstwa SarahYBooks-

A/N: Salaam, Hello, my favorite readers, who comment, vote, and are just ghost readers. How have you all been?! I have a question for you all, do you think we have met the "anonymous" texter yet in the book?

Have you guys ever had something repeating in your mind about, literally, almost every day? Well, that was happening to me and today was my engagement the worst thing is when the words of the person you're going to get engaged to keeps repeating in your head, you know the words I am talking about right... what he said the last time we spoke, and at the same time out whole house is going insane with people getting ready and everything like that.

It was only 6 AM in the morning and the house was already a full house just like the TV show. I was bound to go to the salon and get my make up done by this Aunty apparently she's the best in town. I will say I'm a little bit cautious of that because sometimes,  things can definitely go wrong. Yes I know I had mentioned probably 1000 time that I don't want to get married to him, and that I literally don't care about anything pertaining to him, howeve,r the makeup is a holy grail, it still has to look good you know.

"Aiylah are you ready hurry up" my friends yelled across from the hall,

"yes yes I'm coming, just grabbing this huge massive dress of mine, which no one is helping me for it thank you very much" I rolled my eyes as I finally made my way out of my room and out the door, hoping this dress won't swallow me by the time I reach to my mom.

We finally managed to get out of the house in peace, in the car with me it consisted of my mom, aunt, and all my friends including Yusra remember her.

She was doing so much better now that she got a new job opportunity as an interior designer in Italy. It was crazy shocking when we heard the news, none of us thought that one day she would end up in Italy. I love her stories through Snapchat, they look exactly like those Tumblr photos. Of course, there were times where she would rant about how life is so lonely but with dew time she ended up making so many new friends there that it was not lonely at the same time. Obviously, there's always going to be a difference in your regular family and the new people you meet.

Before I knew it we had a ride to the parlor, it was in the house of this Aunty's, yes half of these Pakistani aunties have their parlor in their house and in the basement. My excited when sky high up once we entered and I saw that she had a cat.

"Oh my goddddd" I shrieked. "ITS A CAT"

But before I can make my way to even touch the cat, Zayna pulled me back. "Yeah not happening you have to get ready"

I pout my face with sadness, kittens are the most cutest things in the world who could not love them. Well, of course, there was apparently "no time" for arguments, so I just groaned and made my way down to the basement. All the girls were talking, laughing, but there was something that was bugging me inside. Those emails that I've been getting that I have ignored for the past two days threatening me not to marry this person, and then on top of that Hamza telling me that he actually liked me or still likes me? I'm not sure which it was. 

I started to think, did Hamza have some sort of enemy that I am unaware of? Could it be a friend that doesn't want him to have his happiness so he's just marrying me too... I don't know. It just all doesn't make sense. You know for the longest time I thought my feelings for this person was never going to go away, why didn't this happen when I actually had feelings for the guy. But believe it or not fate had something else planned for me which was so uncalled for.

"so how did you meet" the aunty asked.

Before I could say anything my friends went crazy about them wanting to tell the story and I thought that was the best idea ever.

"Yes, you guys can tell the story" I chuckled at their excitement. Part of me was sad because this is how I wanted my friends to be at a wedding that I was genuinely excited for, that I dreamed of, every girl has a dream wedding. You probably are thinking why the hell am I going with this, When I look back at things now I wonder the same thing what the heck was I thinking.

It's funny because when you assume the situation and solutions outside of you actually being in that situation you have such a strong good, mature, idea as to what you could've done but when somebody is in the situation, it something else you're lost, you are stuck in this bubble that you have no idea what's going on.

I could've just gone to the police and reported the emails, told him that this was happening and we could've actually figured things out, but I literally did not do any of those I just went with the flow.

"All done" The lady squealed in excitement.

I looked up towards the Mirror and gasped in shock. She did everything so perfectly, it was not cakey at all, her precision was so beyond the scope of what I can do, well obviously I am no queen at makeup. Finally, something actually brought a genuine smile on my face during this whole planning thing that was going on, my make up actually looked stunning. It was so glowy, and Dewey and just very soft you know. As my make up was done the girls started to go as it was there turn, and before we knew we all were done and ready and I can't believe it took us three hours to do this it was 9 AM. I shifted over ready to wear my dress now, I hadn't even seen my dress so this was the first time I was going to look at my dress, and boy was I nervous. Also, the reason why I had to get ready so early is that we needed a family photoshoot and that was also another appointment which was at 12, something I assumed would be quicker then I thought. 

And so the big reveal came, my mom opens the plastic that covered the mysterious dress, and as she did my eyes popped up open. It was such a beautiful creamy color with a hint of pink, it was a long dress with a beautiful net see-through dupatta (scarf) that glittered in the light. It was just so gorgeous I have no idea how to describe it but, that was definitely my dream dress!

"MAMA ITS BEAUTIFUL" I squealed in excitement giving her the biggest hug.

Being the only daughter meant that you really didn't have any sisters so your mom was your sister and I practically told her literally everything, almost everything because you know she is still a mom. I am glad that she kept my talks in her head, and got the perfect dress I wanted for my engagement. So, I wore the dress and the lady fixed up my hair into a beautiful bun and put the veil on top of me, see the thing is I am a hijabi and this dupatta is see-through. This means that I had to wear another solid color cloth on top of me, also known as Chadar (in Urdu), just a huge form of a scarf, to be more specific, on top of my head. So, we ended up leaving this parlor and the Aunty was still going very ecstatic of all of this, sort of felt bad that she wasn't invited but you know we can't really invite everyone to the engagement. It's not even the nikkah yet.

So by the time we arrived home it was almost time for the photo shoot. Brothers had gotten ready already, so we went on our way with my family and my other families out to the park to take photos. Thankfully we booked the place so there was no one around us that can make me possibly feel embarrassed, and expose my beauty. 

And that's how the time went by, I really didn't think it was gonna take that long but I guess Photoshoots does take ages, one person has there eyes clothes, the other one isn't looking, one has there mouth opened, just all that shenanigans. 

—-

I sat here in the bridal room just thinking about how the hell I came to be here. I was just once an ordinary girl, that finished medical school, then got her internship at the hospital and dreamt to get into the Peter Brooks hospital. And when I did I was gone crazy, I was so excited for the Career road ahead of me... there is so much that I thought was going to happen. You know, I really did think that I was going to get married when I entered residency or finished internship. But, God, the pressure was real! And I had a crush on well my fiancé, but It didn't play out the way I hoped, especially never in my life did I plan things to be this way. I guess because he said he likes me, that really got me thinking you know... like, did he really? or was he being obvious to the stalker, was he trying to make someone jealous? I don't know.

What I don't understand is if a guy is interested in a girl why can't he just approach, what is he waiting for, we girls have people after us that want us, and our parents are after us with some weirdest type of person that they've chosen. I just think that nowadays guys are losing their confidence, they need to go back to being mature, noble, and confident!

"aiylah, lets go" mom said.

That was it, I got up from my seat and went out with my mom and the girl side of the hall. Soft music played against the background as I entered the hall and everyone clapped and cheered. Wow, this is an extremely anxiety booster moment. Everyone is just staring at me, God I didn't know it would feel that weird. I proceeded to sit down and smiled and looked at everyone because that is technically all that we had to do. And, slowly one by one people came up and asked to take photos, obviously, I allowed them to but I did mention that is shall not be spread around anywhere because I do wear a hijab. It was nice that I got to meet people that I barely get to meet, I got to meet my white friends that tried to wear desi clothes, it was cute, my Arab friends that you looked absolutely gorgeous in their dresses, and my sister-in-law to be that all looked beautiful in their light peach outfits!

"ITS THE RING TIME" Zayna Screamed. Everyone cheered and whistled. " those that wear a hijab, please cover your head as the guy will now be entering," she said.

And so I did too, I wore my big cloth over me because obviously, we weren't Halal yet, And so I watched his come in. And guys, holy, this man has never looked this handsome and guys, holy, this man has never looked this HOT. He was absolutely stunning. I had to lower my gaze right away, I felt so uncomfortably shy looking at him because boy was he handsome.

He sat kind of beside me but not literally,  yes,  on another chair but kind of beside me if you can picture that. And so the moms brought the rings since we weren't halal or anything like that, my mom put the ring on him and his mom put the ring on me. The ring was absolutely stunning, it was a beautiful rose-gold silver ringer, and glistened against the light so beautifully.

The crowd all applaud and cheered, and just took pictures and videos!

So that is how the night went, I'd be lying if I didn't say it was beautiful. It really was, maybe this wasn't too bad after all he was very charming anyways. And I did feel some sort of jealousy when I overheard girl saying how hot he is. Oh well, let's see where my life takes me ahead.

For some odd reason, I kept hearing my purse buzz, I ignored it because I wanted to enjoy whatever was going on but I had a weird sensation inside of me. Maybe I should check it. As I opened my purse, I had 20 missed calls from this random number, assuming it was a friend I called back, however it didn't go through. But there was a voice message that was left.

Didn't we warn you enough of times...

What the heck!

I immediately excused myself and went to the washroom. I was actually so upset at anyone who had the audacity to pull a prank like this. Again, I don't know why I didn't use my logical thinking this time but I was so fed up that I messaged the number.

I wrote a whole big message on how this person was insane and if they were to do anything like this again there will be consequences!

And believe it or not, that actually worked... Only for a while...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

739 142 15
This story is about love between a girl and a boy who are in an arranged marriage. Despite being young, their arranged marriage turns into love, and...
739K 41.6K 37
A story of a 21 year old muslim girl called Liybha who lives in New Zealand. She is engaged to a business man's son. But her heart and soul has been...
35.1K 2.7K 19
This short story is about the encounters of Adali and her path of travel along a spiritual journey. Adali is a devout Muslim, in which this story is...