Peraltiago + 1

By pureperaltiagos

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
---

Chapter 27

2.1K 42 19
By pureperaltiagos

Amy's POV

"Morning babe, Happy Halloween." Jake says to me as I begin to wake up.

Since Gabi is only three months old, I've not yet returned to work, however since it's the Halloween Heist I have decided to go to the precinct today. My parents are having to look after one of my brothers children and Jake's mom is ill, meaning we will have to bring Gabi to the precinct with us.

It's not an ideal situation, but the squad have promised they have came up with a solution they can't wait to show us all. I'm slightly, no very, hesitant about bringing Gabi to the precinct as I know how loud and dangerous it can be, however the squad have assured us something safe.

As Gabi's not woken up yet, I decide to get changed into my work clothes, the ones which I've not worn for at least 7 months now. Once I'm dressed I apply a light layer of makeup, and by that point Gabi has woken up. I get her changed into an orange baby grow with a pumpkin on.

"Jake, we need to make a deal." I say and he looks at me slightly confused. "We cannot use Gabi against each other in the heist, against others within reason then yes that's fine. But not against each other because I'm being deadly serious I will have a heart attack if there's even a suggestion that somethings happened to her."

"Ames, I promise. Everything's going to work out perfect." Jake tells me placing a kiss on my forehead.

He takes Gabi off me and heads downstairs with her as I finish sorting out my hair. Once I'm happy with how I look, I too go down and begin to make breakfast for Jake and myself. The two of us eat our breakfast then I feed and change Gabi before we leave the house.

When we arrive at the precinct, we pull into a parking space and I get Gabi's car seat out of the car as Jake gets out the bag with everything we need for her in. He takes my free hand in his and we walk into the precinct together.

As we enter the building, we are stopped multiple times by people who aren't on the detective squad, congratulating us and fussing over sleeping Gabi. We finally make our way into the elevator and press to go up to level three.

When the elevator door opens the squads heads all turn to face it, then all make their way over to us. Everyone greets us and makes a fuss over Gabi, who's now awake and in my arms.

"It's good to have you back Detective Santiago." Captain Holt says and I smile.

"We've got something to show you." Terry says, leading us through the back.

"We know you're looking at putting Gabi in day care in a couple of months time, but for the days that she comes to the precinct with you, we have a room for her and any other children of the squad." Rosa tells us opening a door. "We've looked at the timings and if we each take a shift to look after whoever's child, and Gina takes more than others, we will be able to always have someone in here. We managed to convince Hitchcock and Scully to give up one of their nap rooms a couple of months ago and we decorated it and did it up."

Tears come to my eyes at how considerate the whole squad is and how they're a second family to us. The room is painted with two cream, a baby pink and a baby blue wall. It has a couch on one side and a tv on another. There's boxes filled with board games and toys, then a crib and changing table in the corner. A pile of blankets and pillows overflow a basket and a bean bag is in another corner.

"We know that for today, as you're not actually working cases again yet, that you might want to keep Gabi with you at all times, or spend as much time as you like in here." Terry says as Jake and I thank everyone.

Everyone meets in the briefing room, Jake, Holt, myself and Gina stood at the front and Gina wearing the crown as the reigning champion. Gabi is in a baby carrier which straps over my shoulders and she's asleep with her head on my chest.

"Okay, as the reigning champion I've decided I get to pick the object this year. We're all going to be trying to take this key, which unlocks the brief case that's been lying in lost and found for at least ten years. The winners get to open the case and keep what's inside if they wish. The key is going to be suspended from the ceiling in the bullpen." Gina explains, then gets a cough off the captain which confuses me slightly. "Oh yeah, this year we're going to be working with our significant others. So Jake and Amy, Terry and Sharon, Captain Holt and Kevin, Charles and Genevieve. Since Rosa and I are both single we're going pair together and Hitchcock and Scully can go together because if we separate them they will become even more useless."

Everyone goes through to the bullpen and watches as Gina attaches the key to a rope hanging from the ceiling. All of the squad take their seats at their desks, their partners just wandering around the precinct. I sit with Gabi still strapped to my chest and open up my computer to go through my emails, but really my eyes are jolting around the room at everyone else.

The lights in the room suddenly shut down to darkness and instincts make me grab hold of Gabi's little arm, making sure she's still close to me. When they turn back on everyone is staring at the now empty rope and accusations are thrown around the room.

Slowly Gabi begins to wake up and starts to make a fuss. I realise she probably needs feeding, as it's been a while since she was last fed. With her being strapped to my chest, I struggle to carry her diaper bag as well - which has a blanket in for when I burp her.

"Jake, can you come with me please Gabi needs feeding and I need you to carry her diaper bag for me?" I ask him, to which he grabs the bag and takes me hand.

"Where are you two going?" Charles asks. "If I wasn't stupid I'd say you two love birds have the key."

"We don't, our daughter needs feeding and Amy can't carry her diaper bag as well. So I'm carrying it for her." Jake tells everyone, who's eyes all seem to be on us now.

Charles apologises quietly and we make our way to the little room. I sit down on the couch and un-strap Gabi from the carrier, as Jake gets the blanket out of her diaper bag. As I start to feed Gabi she stops making a fuss and Jake sits down next to me.

"I know who has the key." He tells me and I look at him questioningly. "Captain Holt used the switch in his room to cut the power and the Kevin chopped it off. I saw the rope in his pocket sticking out. We're going to win."

I smile at Jake's enthusiasm and the two of us continue to talk about a way to win the heist. I burp Gabi then strap her back into the carrier, even though Jake offered to take her he's still got to do some work today.

~ later in the day ~

It's one minute to midnight and the whole squad are sat in the briefing room waiting for someone to announce their the winner. Gabi is peacefully asleep in her car seat, a blanket over her and I'm prepared for her to wake any minute for a feeding. The clock turns over to midnight and Captain Holt stands up.

"So, who has the key?" He asks the whole squad who look around at each other with blank expressions.

"We do."  Jake says as both him and I stand up.

"Care to explain." Terry asks with a confused look on his face.

"Well, after Charles accused us of taking the key and trying to escape, it made us want to win even more. So Jake had noticed Captain Holt turn the lights off and saw a strand of rope sticking out of Kevin's pocket. So we knew that they had the key. After that it was passed around everyone, at some point each couple had it. Apart from Hitchcock and Scully, we all knew those two didn't stand a chance and they proved us right. Eventually it ended up in the hands of Terry and Sharon. After watching some surveillance tapes I noticed how Terry only ate half of his yoghurt this afternoon. Now the Terry we all know wouldn't leave half a yoghurt, so I knew something was off. When I rushed everyone out of the bullpen to look for Gabi's toy dog, Jake had it all along and when no one was watching went into the fridge and got it out of the yoghurt." I explain to everyone.

"Well congratulations are in order then, Detective Jake Peralta and Detective Amy Santiago, the King and Queen of the nine-nine." Captain Holt says as Rosa and Charles place the crowns on our heads.

"And I believe this is yours." Gina says placing the brief case down on the table in front of us.

Jake and I put the key in but as we go to turn it Gabi wakes up and begins to make a fuss. I quickly lift her out of her car seat and begin to bounce up and down with her, which seems to calm her cries.

We continue to open the brief case. The key turns in the lock and Jake lifts the lid of it up. Inside is a pair of earring and a stack of $20 bills, which makes mine and Jake's face light up.

"Do you want to go to Shaws to celebrate or...?" Gina asks.

I look down at a sleepy and restless Gabi, knowing she will need feeding and putting down for bed soon. I then look at the squad in front to us, our second family.

"You can all come back to mine and Jake's if you want? Gabi needs putting to bed." I suggest.

Everyone agrees and say they will follow once they sign off from their computers. Jake had already signed off before, so the three of us walk out of the precinct, brief case and diaper bag in Jake's hand and Gabi's car seat in mine.

The squad all have a glass or two of wine, before going home, myself drinking just water. When they leave I change Gabi's diaper as she's just woken up and then climb into Jake's arms.

"Well there we have it, the King and Queen of nine-nine." Jake says to me as we fall asleep.

{Okay sorry it's took me so long to write and upload this chapter. It was so hard to think of an item to steal and then what was going to be inside and well I honestly don't know how the writers manage to do it!
Anyways as I'm prewriting chapters... at some point I'm going to get to Jake and Amy's Wedding so I want to ask some questions to you guys about it.
1) What should the colour scheme be?
2) How old should Gabi be?
3) What should their first dance song be?
4) Should there be 'mother-groom & father-bride & groom-bride-daughter' dances?
5) Who should be Amy's bridesmaids?
6) Who should be Jake's groomsmen?
7) Should Holt marry them or someone else?
8) Should it be in a church?
9) Where should they go on their honeymoon?
Please, please, please try to answer these for me because it will make my life so much easier, as I'm really struggling and want to get it perfect.
Also I have uploaded the first one shot of my one shot book and I have some ideas in the writing now, so please check that out!
Thank you so much for all your support and please answer the questions. Right I'm going to stop talking now!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 998 13
I've become obsessed with Brooklyn 99 and I like Jake and there aren't enough Jake imagines on Wattpad. Requests: OPEN I am still writing, I just tak...
49.8K 875 59
"Detective Y/N Santiago at your service." ------ Detective Y/N Santiago. One of the newest and youngest detectives of the Nine Nine... And also the...
17K 600 47
MALE READER! One Shots NO SMUT
117K 1.9K 23
Jake's six month undercover operation with the FBI went perfectly. But during the bust, Freddie Maliardi slipped away. The FBI is closing in on his l...