Stolen Jerseys / ✓

By sydney_e98

[Now free to read!] Scott Wilson isn't used to being corrected, and he definitely didn't expect to get his bi... More

Stolen Jerseys
0.01: extended description
0.02: chapter one
0.03: chapter two
0.04: chapter three
0.05: chapter four
0.06: chapter five
0.07: chapter six
0.08: chapter seven
0.09: chapter eight
1.00: chapter nine
1.01: chapter ten
1.02: chapter eleven
1.03: chapter twelve
1.04: chapter thirteen
1.05: chapter fourteen
1.06: chapter fifteen
1.07: chapter sixteen
1.08: chapter seventeen
1.09: chapter eighteen
2.00: chapter nineteen
2.01: chapter twenty
2.02: chapter twenty-one
2.03: chapter twenty-two
2.04: chapter twenty-three
2.05: chapter twenty-four
2.06: chapter twenty-five
2.07: chapter twenty-six
2.08: chapter twenty-seven
2.09: chapter twenty-eight
3.00: chapter twenty-nine
3.01: chapter thirty
3.02: chapter thirty-one
3.04: chapter thirty-three
3.05: chapter thirty-four
3.06: chapter thirty-five
3.07: chapter thirty-six
3.08: chapter thirty-seven
3.09: chapter thirty-eight
4.00: chapter thirty-nine
4.01: chapter forty
Christmas Special
Other Works By Me

3.03: chapter thirty-two

180K 6.3K 888
By sydney_e98

S C O T T

Coach Monroe was an extremely cool guy.

Monroe had been accepting of Elle and I, and, secretly, I was pretty sure that he even supported our relationships. And, despite me dating Elle, he treated me the exact same way during practice as he had before. In all, Monroe was a cool father-of-my-girlfriend and a cool coach.

But I wasn't sure how cool Monroe would be if he found out that I had secretly visited Elle when he told me not to.

I shot off the couch, head whipping around the room. Elle stood up and pushed me towards the back door, but I knew I wouldn't have enough time. I motioned Elle back towards the couch and dropped down on the floor, crawling behind a plant that was a few feet from the door. I quietly cursed and ducked behind the plant, angling my body as best I could to keep myself hidden.

I pushed a leaf to the side and Elle shot me an annoyed look. I bit my lip and let the leaf go, sliding down further behind the plant. It was ridiculously big, and the pot was big enough to cover up to my knees. I groaned under my breath and ducked my head down, pressing it against my knees.

"Elle!" Monroe said happily, and my heart thumped heavier with each footstep he took into the room, "How're you feeling? You look a lot better."

"I'm feeling great," Elle replied, and, through a gap in the leaves, I saw her turn her head not-so discreetly towards the plant I was currently ducking behind, "I'm actually feeling so good that I can probably leave the house soon."

I shook my head, fist pressed against the floor, "Fuck's sake," I mumbled, grimacing at the pain in my legs from crouching, "Way to be discreet."

I poked my head out the side of the plant, instantly pulling away when Coach Monroe dropped down onto the couch next to Elle. I closed my eyes, silently praying that he'd get up and decide he had to go somewhere, long enough to give me time to sneak out the back door. (I took a moment to realize it was kind of pathetic that I was planning to sneak out of my girlfriend's house).

"What were you watching?" Monroe asked, and I quietly pressed my face further against my knees, trying to keep my annoyed groan at bay, "I'll never understand why you watch reality TV."

"Neither will I," Elle said, and I awkwardly pushed two leaves apart to try and see what was happening. Monroe turned towards me and I left the leaves go, sinking further to the ground, "Hey, what about your TV upstairs? No reality TV on there, dad."

Coach Monroe went into a whole speech about how stupid reality TV was, and I just sat still, thanking God that he had noticed me yet. My legs were starting to cramp up, and I realized that I really needed a shower, but I stayed absolutely still. Monroe couldn't stay there forever.

"I'm getting something to eat," Monroe said, and I quietly whooped, "Want something?"

I heard the couch squeak - presumably because Monroe got up - and that was when everything went downhill.

My phone vibrated in my pockets and I hissed out in annoyance, pulling it from my pocket. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Monroe turned in my direction. I silently cursed and unlocked my phone, looking at the message Jay had sent me.

From Jay

dude I was watching tv and there was some guy and his name was scott wilson! ur practically famous, man. but he was a pretty scary looking dude, so i figured you guys were probably long-lost twins or some shit (btw i'm insinuating that you look scary)

I rolled my eyes and went to shove my phone in my pocket, but it slipped through my fingers and dropped onto the floor. Sweat dripped down my temple and my heart sped up as Monroe turned back away, eyes landing right on the goddamn plant.

"I think something's back there," Monroe said, and Elle shot up, awkwardly trying to assure him that nothing could possibly be behind the plant, "I'm going to check."

"You sound crazy, dad," Elle pointed out, pushing him in the opposite side of the plant, then where I was crouched, "What the hell could be behind the plant?"

Your boyfriend, who's about to get his balls chopped off, I thought, making a quick decision. Monroe stepped next to the plant and pulled the leaves to the side, and I jumped out from my side, attempting to do an army-dive across the floor. I ended up sprawled across the floor, phone pressed against my leg, face pressed against the floor.

I looked up, just in time to see Monroe walk next to me, "Scott?" he asked, and I shot him a sheepish smile, "What the fuck is happening?"

I shot up quickly, stuffing my phone in my pocket. I cleared my throat and shot Elle a hopeless look, and she stood next to me. Truthfully, we hadn't been doing anything, but I seemed at a loss of words. I coughed and Coach Monroe waved his hands, a vein throbbing in his forehead.

"I missed Elle," I blurted out, waving my hands frantically to make my point, "She was sick and I missed her, and I know you said I couldn't see her. But, like.. I missed her. And I came and visited and I'm sorry. I get if you want to cut off my balls, but you should take Jay's instead. He's the fucker who texted me and probably gave my position away - "

"Scott - "

"I'm sorry," I continued, cutting Monroe off, "I respect you as a father and coach, but I missed Elle."

Elle reached over and gave my hand a squeeze, and I stared at Monroe, teeth sinking into my bottom lip. Monroe didn't exactly look mad - no, he had a small smile tugging on his lips. He sighed and cleared his throat, taking a step back.

"You've got thirty seconds, Scott," he said, half-way turning towards the kitchen.

I scratched the back of my neck and frowned in confusion, "Thirty seconds for what?"

Monroe glared at me and Elle wrapped her arm around my bicep, pulling me forward and away from her dad, "He's giving you an out, babe."

I nodded, grinned at Coach Monroe, and followed Elle towards the door. Monroe started counting down from thirty and Elle laughed, reaching around me and unlocking the door. I laughed and bent down, kissing her cheek and wrapping one arm around her waist, pulling her towards me.

"Twenty seconds!"

"I'll see you later, babe."

"Tomorrow," Elle called, and I turned back towards her, quirking an eyebrow, "We'll start your practices again."

I grinned at her, "See you, babe - "

"Ten seconds!"

I showed back up at the apartment complex in a way better mood. The second I walked through the doors, I saw Jay standing in front of the elevator, attempting to talk to some girl. I stopped and watched, busting out into laughter when Jay shook his hands out in front of her. The girl scoffed, pushed him back, and the doors closed.

I walked up and patted Jay on the shoulder, making him turn and glare at me, "Smooth, man," I teased, and he pushed me into the elevator when it opened, "What're you even doing here?"

"You say it like I'm not invited," Jay said, crossing his arms over his chest. He frowned and I shrugged, clicking the number for my floor, "Well, even though I know I'm always invited, I have a surprise."

Jay started going on about the surprise, and I just nodded, shouldering my bag and stepping out of the elevator. I grabbed my key from my pocket and pushed open the door, Jay following me in. Con was sprawled out across the chest, Miguel sleeping peacefully on his chest. I slammed the door closed and Connor shot up, Miguel hissing and running away.

I tossed my bag by the floor and walked over to Connor, brushing his feet away. Con frowned and propped his feet up on my lap, and Jay threw himself into the chair next to us. I yawned and leaned back, and Con grinned and leaned over, waving to Jay.

"Did you get Chinese?" Connor asked, a ridiculous smile on his face as he texted someone. I rolled my eyes and leaned forward, grinning at him when I saw Kelly's name written on his phone. Con flushed and stared at me, "Did you?"

"No?" I said, quirking an eyebrow in his direction, "I didn't know I was supposed to."

"I texted you!"

"No you didn't!" I shot back, clicking on my messages.

Con frowned and unlocked his phone, looking down. His light brown eyes widened and he nodded, "I forgot," he admitted, and then glared up at me, "but you're my best friend! You should know when I want Chinese food!"

I opened my mouth to retort, but Jay tossed a pillow at me. I glared and picked up the pillow, swinging it forward in an attempt to throw it back at Jay, but it ended up whacking Con in the face. Connor glared, snatched the pillow out of my hand, and held it against his face. I scoffed and Con flipped me off.

"The surprise! Focus," Jay scolded, and both Connor and I turned to him, eyebrows raised in question, "It's Edi's birthday tomorrow - "

"Really?" I asked, at the same time Connor called out a, "Happy early birthday, Edi!"

"Dude, you say that if Edi's here," I said, and Connor just leaned forward, elbow slamming against my ribs.

"It's the thought," Jay added, and Connor pointed at him, nodding his head in agreement, "Anyway, his parents aren't gonna be in town, and Edi's being a weirdo and saying how he doesn't want to do anything. So, you know what that means."

"Surprise party," Con stated, and Jay grinned, pointing to him.

"Exactly!" Jay agreed, running his fingers through his dark hair, "I think we should throw him a surprise party, otherwise he won't be doing anything. Plus, he's still upset about being dumped. This needs to happen."

I did want to throw Edi a surprise party; he had become one of my really good friends recently, and he deserved a party. I leaned forward, already thinking about how happy Edi would be. He was the type of guy that would say he didn't need anything done for his birthday, but I knew he'd be super grateful to have one.

"Tomorrow?" Jay asked, and Connor grinned, nodding his head, "We could do it at my apartment, or or yours or whatever works. Like, take him out after practice. He'll be fucking surprised."

I paused for a second, realizing what day Jay wanted to do this. Tomorrow.

Tomorrow was also the day that Elle wanted to have our first new practice. I knew Elle would understand if I told her about Edi's party - she'd probably end up showing up. I bit my lip and frowned; Elle had to be okay with it. She was getting better, and we'd be spending more time together, anyway. She would understand.

She was Elle. Of course she'd understand.

"All right," I agreed, a grin breaking out on my face, "Tomorrow it is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 2.9K 68
[COMPLETED] Because of a stupid hook up with the Dallas Stars Forward Tyler Seguin. Keya Grayston's plans was compromised. She got pregnant. She was...
2.4K 73 20
Augustine Rose Jensen, born August 13, 1981, in Iceland, was born to play hockey. Ever since she was a little girl, people would always find her on t...
64.4K 2.8K 43
All Rémy Miller has ever known are lies until someone is able to give him the life changing truth. When studying at Harvard University, his path unex...
276K 12.8K 62
UNEDITED Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path. Those are the words that Justin McCallister has been repeating in h...