She Alpha

By wave_reader

Faced with the death of her father and mother, Riley Black has doubts about being able to protect her human m... More

UPDATE IMPORTANT
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Tweleve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty

Twenty Three

4.7K 181 13
By wave_reader

A little warning about this chapter: The writing in italics is graphic and could be triggering for some readers. So feel free to skip to the normal print.

Picture// 10 year old Jude
Song// Ivy- Frank Ocean

I looked up from my black shoes at a loud crash coming from my father's study.

Furrowing my brows tightly, I glance towards my little brother who had tears streaming from his eyes.

We had just returned from my mothers funeral, which had left me feeling numb.

"I'll be right back, Jude." I place my hand on his.

His eyes look up at me in sadness, as he nods.

Climbing the stairs to my father's office, the crashes become even louder.

I knew he wasn't taking my mother's death well- none of us were. I don't know how you could really deal with a death well.

My shaking figure stands in front of his oak door of his office, that would one day belong to me.

Gulping, I slowly turn the knob as the crashes stop and sobs take their place.

My father sits on his knees in front of the fireplace. His tired form slumps, his hair sticking out in all different directions.

The office was completely torn apart. His desk was flipped upside down, papers and books laid on the floor in every direction.

His suit jacket was strewn off to the side.

"Daddy?" I question quietly, not wanting to disturb him after the death of my mother yesterday.

He sobs once more, making me step into the office. I have only seen my father cry three times- in pictures when I was born, when Jude was born and then right now.

It was a frightening sight to see the strongest person you know of crying. That was a true sign of defeat and loss.

"Dad?" I ask again, stronger this time.

His red-rimmed eyes meet mine over his shoulder. They were identical to my own eyes, green like the forrest trees.

"Riley, go downstairs." His voice trembles.

My own eyes water, as my chest collapses on itself. In his left hand, he held a weapon that would take his life.

A shiny, silver gun- no doubt loaded with silver bullets.

"Dad, please stop." I cry out, feeling so helpless and weak.

A tear streams down his face, as he turns away from me and looks towards the painting above the fireplace.

My mother stood next to my father as he sat in a leather chair. Her hair was culled perfectly, a gorgeous white dress- that I always loved- adorning her body.

It was painted on their wedding day.

His shoulders tremble, "Riley, go away!"

I shake my head in defiance. I had already lost one parent, I was not about to loose another.

"No! Dad think about me and Jude!" I scream back, becoming angry that I couldn't stop him.

He sniffles. "I can't live without her."

I didn't really understand the concept of mates- but I did know that they loved each other very much.

Seeing my father like this made me promise myself I would never have one.

"Riley?" A small voice says from behind me.

I stiffen at the sight of my quivering brother in the doorway.

"Jude, go find Tom!" I plead.

He doesn't listen, as his eyes travel to our dilapidated father.

My father turned to see Jude, his tears becoming a waterfall.

"Dad?" Jude whispers.

The man I have looked up to for fourteen years, smiled sadly at Jude.

"I love you, both." He cries, his hand tightening around the gun.

Jude's eyes widen as he runs to me, I clutch him to my side, staring helplessly at my father.

"Be brave, Riley." My father whispers, his green eyes blazing into mine.

The air is sucked out of me as he lifts the gun to his head.

"Dad!" I scream, hiding Judes face in my black dress.

I tried to close my eyes, I really did. I didn't want to see what I saw, but it was like my brain was forcing me to see it.

Then bang, my father crumples to the floor in a bloody heap.

I froze, my eyes wide and my mouth open.

My entire body went cold, my shoulders shaking violently. Jude sobs into my dress as I hold him to myself for dear life.

He was gone. Just like that.

He had no thought or care that his children were here and begging him to stop. The death of my mother was too much for him, but I never would have imagined he would do such a thing.

I didn't even feel the hands on my shoulders that dragged me from the room. I kept my wide eyes on what was left of my father, my entire being going numb.

"Riley, turn away." I faintly hear Tom mumble, pulling me and Jude from the office.

I promised that day that I would never allow myself to feel vulnerable or helpless ever again.

But here I was, looking down at the three most important people in my life.

As the Alphas hands wrapped around my best friends neck.

The blade placed to my neck reminded me of just how helpless I was.

"Goodbye, Mr. Beta." Martinez sickly smiles.

I gasp in a breath of air, "STOP!"

Martinez turns to me, a humored look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Alpha Black, is there a problem?" He quirks a brow.

Alex stares into the side of my face, as I pathetically look into Martinez dark eyes.

"Please, your issue is with me. Kill me." I beg with him.

Alex clenches his jaw as I try to preserve their lives with my own. I knew there was one more thing Alpha Martinez loved more than revenge- a show.

"Kill me publicly. You said you wanted to make an example out of me- so here is your chance." I stammer out.

Jude looks at me in fear, not wanting to loose another family member.

But he didn't understand that I couldn't stand to loose another either.

Kody was like my brother- Alex the absolute love of my life.

If I lost any of them, I would end up just like my father.

Martinez looks deep in thought, his eyes trailing up and down my body.

"Deal." He shrugs.

I breathe out a sigh of relief, despite the fact that my life was coming to an end very soon.

"Escort these men back to Black Wolf, I am sure their pack would love to see this." Alpha Martinez says to his Beta.

I feel the knife release from my throat, the Beta, helping the guys up to their feet.

Alex stares into my eyes, a wild and desperate look in them.

"You will come back with me, the killing should take place in Blood Moon tomorrow at noon." Martinez says, latching silver cuffs around my hands and feet before I could blink.

"Can I have just a moment to say 'goodbye'?" I question through a clenched jaw.

Martinez looks between me and the guys, a smirk on his face.

"Make it quick." He spits out, pushing me forwards.

The Beta and him walk off a few feet, talking in hushed tones.

"Riley, please don't let them kill you." Jude sobs, his cheeks stained with tears.

I swallow harshly at my little brother, feeling an immense pain in my heart.

"Jude, we have to be brave." I recite my father's words to him.

He nods, "I love you, Riley."

My heart clenches at the unfamiliar words from the fourteen year old.

I knew what I was doing was right. It was my life or theirs. The decision was simple. My wolf hadn't made a reappearance, and nobody else here had a chance at defeating the Alpha.

I knew Alex has the strength, but he lacks years of training that Martinez has under his belt.

We were dead either way. At least this way, they could live their lives.

I turn towards Kody, not wanting to face my mate quite yet. His blue eyes shine sadly into mine.

"Riley, we can get out of this- I just need a few more hours for my wolf to resurface and-" I cut him off with a sad smile.

"Kody, you've been there for me in the worst of times. I need you to watch over them." I motion towards Jude and Alex.

He shakes his head desperately.

"There has to be a way." He says.

"Not without bloodshed. And I rather it be my own." I swallow.

"Be happy with Casper, make a life you love and don't forget me." I glance towards the cave, where Casper was still hiding from his Alpha.

Martinez probably knew he was there, but didn't care enough to check. He was an Omega, and Martinez didn't give a flying fuck about them.

"I could never forget you, Riley. Trust me I've tried, you're just too annoying to forget." He laughs sadly, his blue eyes rimming with unshed tears.

I roll my eyes at him.

Jude and Kody move away as I walk towards my mate slowly as the chains around my ankles keep me from walking too fast.

His caramel eyes stared into my own, and I couldn't help but smile at the man I had fallen so deeply for.

"I don't know what to say." I admit, sniffling.

He nods, eyes trailing over every part of my face like he was memorizing it.

"Riley, I will find a way." He promises me, and for some reason I don't question his seriousness.

Nodding, I place a small kiss on his lip, relishing in the feeling.

Tears prick my eyes, and I pull away with a shaky breath.

"Alex, I-I can't describe the way you've brought me back to life." I tell him.

He blinks away his tears, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Stop." He mumbles.

I shake my head at him, "It's true, you gave me a little taste of true love- and I can't tell you how thankful I am."

"Stop talking like this is goodbye!" He seethes, furrowing his brows deeply at me as tears stream down his face.

I smile sadly, my fingers itching to touch him.

"I love you, Alex." I say truthfully.

His eyes widen for a second, a gasp escaping him.

"I know it's not the right place or time, but-I want you to know that." I look into his eyes.

"I love you." He responds, the words sounding so sweet as they float around me.

I bite my lip, as Martinez marches back towards me.

"Alright, parties over- time to die Black." Martinez rips me towards him.

Alex steps forward, but the Beta pushes him back by his chest. A few more warriors from Blood Moon approach us, their faces deadly as they stare me down.

"Take them to Black Wolf, gather up the pack and bring them here. They will see their Alpha die tomorrow, and I want to see their faces." Martinez instructs his Beta and warriors, who nod at him.

Martinez clutches my upper arm tightly, pulling me away.

I stare at my mate, taking in every detail of him that I could. He struggles with the guards, who have to restrain him as I am ripped from the area.

"Fuck off!" He bellows at the Beta.

"RILEY!" He screams, knocking a warrior over with his shoulder.

I shake my head at him, begging him to stop.

"Keep up." Martinez growls at me, as we get farther and farther away from my loved ones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 843 19
Lucy is just an average girl who lived an average life. At age 18, she has a job, lives in a house by herself, and has very few friends. She basicall...
109K 2.9K 28
Ace Michaelson. The wolf that everyone envies. It appears as if he owns nothing but perfections. The envy for him then morphs to anger. People either...
10.6K 575 35
Two strangers fall captive to a sudden delectable aroma in the air. The scent guides their eyes to meet, igniting a spark which blazes into an infern...
427K 11.5K 23
#274 in soulmate #296 in Werewolf 9/17/16 He seems nervous and then he takes a deep breath and speaks up and his words are like venom piercing throug...