Life With the Newsies- One Sh...

By PineapplesAndPapes

A collection of one shots starring everybody's favorite newsboys. These will be Modern AU's, Post-strike, Pre... More

The Beginning of Another Chapter
Davey aka The Walking Mouth Learns to Drive
Life at the Races
Cousins and A Couple of Lovestruck Teenagers
Crutchy Makes Cookies
Flavi Meets the Newsies
The Aftermath of Crutchy Making Cookies
Newsies In Neverland
Find Your Future
Fly Away With Me
Beauty and the Bad Boy
The Girl With the Journal
On the Run
Crutchy's New Friend
Those You Thought You Lost
Christmas On the Fire Escape
Trip A Little Light Fantastic With Me
Brothers Of the Battlefield
Fragments Of the Past
Swingin' In The Summertime
Albert the Weatherman
Elley Sells Papes
Wait For Me
Jack of All Tales
Let It Snow
The Holiday Dance And All That Entails
The Saga of Sky High
Shenanigans of St. Patrick's Day
The Jedi and Rebel Newsies
The Craziness At Coney Island
The Rumbles That Tumble
A Change of Heart
Seventeen And Quarantined
The Hoodie Thieves
You've Got Him Wrapped Up In....Christmas Lights?
Pulitzer's Newsie
The Lost Newsie
All That Jazz
Christmas of Companionship and Chaos
Ghostly Encounters
Jack Kelly: Boys In Newsie Caps
When Dreams Become Nightmares

What A Glorious Feeling

103 3 137
By PineapplesAndPapes

Singin In the Rain AU with Newsies. Enjoy!! Set in the 1920s for my non Singin In the Rain fans. :) The title is also a lyric from Singin In the Rain itself.

The black umbrella twirls around in the rain shower that falls from the sky and sprays the young man in the face.

"And cut!" Davey Jacobs, the director of the movie, shouts loudly and people begin to hurry around the set. Jack Kelly relaxes and lets the people on the set mess with his outfit and such. Jojo, a young producer who is just getting his start in his career, comes over.

"Okay, Kelly. The big cheese thinks ya need to act a little less excited. Ya can't splash yourself in the face every time ya spin the umbrella around. It looks too sloppy and it ruins your makeup," Jojo says and Jack groans. Suddenly, a shout is heard from across the set.

"Ahhhhh!! I thought I told you to shut off the sprinkler system, not turn it on full blast!!" Davey shouts at Albert, who mans the sprinkler system. Albert turns it off and shouts loudly,

"You shouldn't make the controls for this thing so complicated!" Jack rolls his eyes at the argument and collapses into a nearby chair just for him. He reaches up to touch his cheek when Maisy, one of the makeup girls, runs over and swats his hand away.

"Kelly! Don't be touching your makeup. You realize that I get paid to make it look all nice and you can't go and do a stupid thing like mess it up. That cuts into my paycheck, ya know!" she squawks before walking away. Jack examines the now red mark and whines,

"Maisy, you left a mark!" Maisy whirls around and glares at him.

"On what? Your ego?" she snarls before walking away and Jack lets out a breath that he didn't realize he had been holding. He looks around and notices a shy new actress standing in the corner of the room. She is holding a dainty purse and has long straight hair. Davey casts her a nervous glance and then nods to the three executive producers.

"Get this girl ready for shooting. We need her as soon as possible," he says kindly and Romeo smiles at her.

"Hey there, gorgeous! We're gonna hook you up with Maisy and she'll get ya ready to go. Okay?" he asks and the girl moves away from Romeo ever so lightly. Crutchy hurries over and smiles at her.

"Don't worry too much about him. He thinks he's a favorite among the ladies," Crutchy says, gently taking the girl's arm and escorting her towards the dressing rooms.

"Jojo! Romeo!" Davey cries out frantically and the two producers hurry over to him, "Bring the writer in right away! I want to ask her something about the plot." Jojo hurries over to a large oak door and bangs on it gently. Katherine Plumber, the writer, opens it.

"What do you need, Jojo?" she asks and Jojo points his thumb in Davey's direction. Davey hurries over to her and starts speaking with her quickly. Jack smiles flirtatiously at Katherine and she catches his gaze. Once Davey leaves, Jack wanders over to Katherine.

"Hey there, Miss Plumber," He says and Katherine rolls her eyes.

"You know how I feel about relationships. I don't want them in my life. I have a career to stick to and now is not the time to engage in any kind of a relationship with any boy!" she snaps and Jack puts his hands up in innocence, "Just go film your movie!" Jack smirks and walks back to his chair. He plops down in it and people swarm him, cleaning his outfit and touching up his makeup. Jack sits there and fiddles with the end of his costume. Maisy reappears with the young actress from earlier and she smiles meekly at Jack.

"Hi there!" Jack says, trying to be friendly to the young girl. She isn't maybe the prettiest thing he's ever seen, but she appears to be very nervous. Jack is about to continue talking to her when the doors to the set fly open and a tall woman, who looks absolutely gorgeous with curly blonde hair and baby doll blue eyes, storms through them. Doris Kennedy thrusts her hands on her hips and glares at the young woman.

"Is she trying to steal my place?" she yells, pointing at the young girl, who Jack had been talking to. Davey hurries over to her and desperately tries to diffuse the situation before Doris makes a bigger scene than she already has.

"Doris, I told you that Ms. Beverly was coming today. She's not here to steal your part. She's going to be dancing and just be a part of the chorus in the background. You still have your lead role," Davey says hurriedly and Doris grins a million watt smile.

"Perfect! Just as long as I am the greatest actress that ever was and is to be," she says with dramatic hand motions. At that moment, Racetrack Higgins, the musical director, bursts into the room.

"Jack! Jack! I gotta tell you something. Saw this beautiful dame today and I think we really got something and," Race says quickly and Davey says quickly,

"Race! Get over here! I want to talk to you about something." Racetrack flashes Jack a grin and hurries over to Davey,

"Be back in a flash!" Jack rolls his eyes and turns back to speak with the young actress only to discover that she has disappeared. He groans in dismay and runs off to find her only to be stopped by the trio of producers.

"Whoa, Kelly! We're starting filming again in a few minutes," Jojo warns and turns Jack around.

"You look ready to film too!" Crutchy says, the encouraging and most kind out of the bunch.

"So stop looking for the new girl and get on the set," Romeo demands and gently moves Jack to the set. Davey smiles at his group of producers.

"Thank you," he says kindly, "Let's do the rain scene again! Take it from the top!!" Jack grabs the black umbrella from Crutchy and he does a little stretch just before the cameras roll.

"ACTION!!!" Romeo shouts and beams. Jack starts dancing and twirling the umbrella, singing about love and brighter days. He wanders down the cobblestone street, swinging the umbrella around wildly. Jack starts spinning around until he splashes Doris. Doris gives a little shriek and Jack chuckles flirtatiously. Racetrack signals for the orchestra to quiet down a little so the dialogue can be heard.

"Gene, I somehow knew I would find you out here," Doris says in a very sweet and loving voice. Jack smiles at her and places a hand on one of the brick buildings on the set.

"You light up the dark clouds. Your beauty would scare away the worst of thunderstorms," he says dreamily and Doris lets out a high pitched giggle. The two lean in for a kiss when a man suddenly grabs Doris from behind and sweeps her away. Doris lets out a shriek and Jack moves to save her. The villain raises a hand.

"You must not stand in my way!!" he yells loudly and Doris cries out,

"Gene, you must save me! This man will ruin us!!!" Jack starts to move again but, the villain pulls out a pistol and points at Doris and then Jack. Jack runs down the street and the villain gets away with Doris. The scene comes to a dramatic close with music surging in the background.

"Cut!" Davey shouts and Jack lets out a sigh of relief. He loves his job and all but some days, he suffers from a lack of privacy. He collapses into his chair for the second time that day and smiles as the young actress is brought back in. Jack suddenly has the energy to get up out of his chair and talk to her. He walks over and gives her a charismatic grin.

"Hello there," he says and takes her hand to give it a kiss, but Ms. Beverly yanks it away.

"I'm good. Thanks," she says shyly and shifts her gaze to the floor.

"Thought you was an actress and not someone who stared at the floor. Besides someone like you," Jack starts to say but is cut off by the young woman,

"Has a job to do. Thank you for your understanding, Mr. Kelly." Ms. Beverly starts to walk away from him and Jack holds in a groan. Doris wanders over to Jack and gently takes his hand in hers.

"Jacky, what do you say we go take a smoke break?" she asks raising an eyebrow and Jack shakes his head.

"I'm good, Doris. Thanks for the offer. I try not to smoke. The ladies don't like it and it sets a bad example for some younger boys," he explains. Doris' smile only seems to broaden.

"I love it when an actor considers his fans when he makes choices about his lifestyles. I hope you consider me too and maybe what I want. The public wants us to be together. We've released five movies starring opposite each other. What's holding us back? Let's take this from a screen fantasy and make it an everyday reality," she suggests and Jack considers it for a moment.

"Not now. We both have careers to focus on," he says and Doris growls at him,

"That cannot be your excuse. I see you flirting with the writer and the new actress. At the last party we went to, you and a young woman stepped outside for some 'fresh air'. Don't lie to me, Kelly. You don't want to focus on your career, you just don't want to be with me. My word of advice to you, don't do something that you are going to regret later on in life." Racetrack, who had been standing nearby, turns to look at Jack worriedly.

"She's worse than some of those female fans on the street," he says and Jack nods his head quickly.

"I'm not quite sure what to do about her. She's been chasing after me ever since we rolled out the first movie," Jack recalls and Race shakes his head in disbelief.

"You think it's all for show or is it true love?" he asks and Jack shrugs.

"I don't ever want to find out," Jack mutters and Racetrack nods his head in agreement. Davey grins as he talks to Katherine for awhile. Jack points in the direction of the young new actress.

"Race, I can hardly get her to talk to me. What should I know about her?" he asks and Race smiles.

"She is Sarah Beverly. I've never heard of her before and I have no idea how she got onto this set. An ensemble is a great way to try to make a first big break. No one really knows much about her but, Davey seems familiar with her work so, I guess that's all that really matters. Come to think of it, those two kind of look alike," he says. Jack gazes at Sarah from across the room, only half listening to what Race is saying. She and several other young women who have just entered the room, are being talked to by Davey, Crutchy, Romeo, and Jojo. After a short while, the girls go off and begin to stretch. Jack watches as Sarah stretches her long beautiful legs and he cannot take his eyes off of her. She catches his eye and walks over to him.

"I didn't think I was eye candy," Sarah snaps and Jack chuckles.

"You never told me your name. My pal here, Racetrack, says that your name is Sarah Beverly. Why wouldn't you tell me?" he asks and Sarah frowns.

"Your friend Racetrack is absolutely correct about my name being Sarah Beverly. I'm a wonderful ensemble member if I've made it onto the screen," Sarah says and Jack chuckles.

"A wonderful ensemble member? How come I've never heard of the great Sarah Beverly? Have you been on Broadway? Or any notable stage or screen?" he questions with a smirk sliding onto his face. Sarah's face begins to fall and he continues his teasing, "Oh! Such wonderful plays I'm sure you've been in!" Sarah's face turns bright red and she glares at Jack.

"Stop it! I'm starting out here. I've been in a few community plays and I've been on some minor stages whose performances get lots of praise. They are only minor because they are in small towns and," she starts but Jack cuts her off.

"No one's ever heard of the small town performances because they don't have enough of a reputation to compete with Hollywood," he says and Sarah slaps him.

"Hollywood isn't the answer to everything and it is certainly NOT the determiner of who has talent and who does not. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to warm up for the ensemble scene," she says and quickly walks away. Racetrack stares at Jack, who is holding a hand to his cheek.

"Jack, you didn't have to insult her like that. Both of you are trying to be famous and she is just jealous that you can do it without much effort and she has to work at it," Race says and Jack frowns.

"I've never seen someone who has said something like that to me in my entire life! I need a woman like that," he says as a small smile forms on his face, "Race, let's take a smoke break." Race smiles as the two head outside. Jack leans up against the set building in the alleyway and Racetrack flops right next to him.

"You like her even though she said those nasty words to you?" Race asks and Jack nods.

"Absolutely. She did what no other woman has dared to do," Jack says and Race raises an eyebrow.

"What about Katherine?" he asks and Jack sighs.

"She is too focused on her work. Sarah seems to care more about people. I'm sure Katherine cares about people but working with actors and actresses is more of her job. She acts as though she doesn't have time for me," he explains and Race shrugs.

"You've been chasing her for about as long as Doris has started chasing you and you're going to stop now simply because another girl is turning your head?" Race asks and Jack nods.

"Katherine and Sarah have some things in common but, Sarah sees the joy of enjoying life for what it is," Jack says and suddenly, Katherine comes rushing out.

"Katherine!" Both boys exclaim and Katherine raises an eyebrow.

"What are you two doing out here? By the way, Davey's about to lose his marbles because he can't find either of you. I suggest that you get in there and save him from losing them," she suggests before walking off down the street.

"Where are you going?" Jack asks and Katherine shoots him a look.

"It's not for a famous actor to concern himself with," she says and walks away very quickly. Jack watches her retreating form and Race sighs.

"You've really messed it up for yourself, Jacky. I hope you know that. We've been doing things together for as long as I can remember and it's always been me who's done something ridiculous, not you," he recalls and Jack sighs.

"I need to leave Katherine alone and think of Ms. Beverly. Katherine doesn't really seem to care for boys anyway," Jack decides and Jojo pokes his head out.

"Kelly! Higgins! Get in here right now!" he demands and the two hurry inside to see what Davey needs. Davey waves them into the tiny room where he can view what is going on and there are several young ladies dancing around Doris as she sings about love. Jack spots Sarah right away and a small smile slides onto his face. Davey notices Jack admiring Sarah and says to Jack,

"How would you like to do a dance with her?" Jack pulls himself out of his daze and chuckles,

"I'm not sure she would want to do a dance with someone like me, Davey. She may not appreciate it." Davey raises an eyebrow.

"I see you looking at her, Jack, and I think you would appreciate it. Just give her a chance to get to know the Jack Kelly that everyone loves. Doris can't dance to save her life so, you're going to need a different dance partner," Davey explains. Jack smiles and nod.

"I would love to do that," he says. The dance scene ends and Davey pulls Jack and Sarah over for a talk. After a short discussion, Davey gets the set cleared and Jack and Sarah begin to practice an elaborate ballet dance. Jack picks up Sarah up and twirls her around while she slowly begins to move in his arms. He gradually lowers her and the two dance together around the set. Davey elbows Mush, Skittery, and Kid Blink.

"Quick! Let's film this as soon as they are done practicing. These two have more chemistry than Doris and Jack ever did. I may considering putting Sarah in for more parts," Davey says and the three boys quickly get their camera equipment around. Once the two are done practicing, Jack places his hands on Sarah's shoulders to keep her from going anywhere.

"That was some great dancing. I'm glad we get to do this together," he says and Sarah raises an eyebrow.

"You're glad to be dancing with a nobody?" she asks and Jack shakes his head.

"No! No no no. I didn't mean it like that, Sarah. I would believe you if you told me that you had danced across a Broadway stage. You are wonderful at dancing," Jack says and Sarah blushes.

"Well, thank you," she says and before anything else can happen, the two are whisked away to have some final touches done before their big dance scene.

"Where's Doris?"  Davey asks and Crutchie approaches him nervously.

"Um, Davey. No one's seen Doris for a couple of hours," he says softly and Davey takes a deep breath.

"Well, have we looked everywhere?" he asks intensely and Crutchy nods quickly.

"We've been looking for the past two hours," Romeo says and Davey sighs.

"Alright. Tell some of the crew to keep their eyes peeled. I honestly don't have time to look for her right now," he says and he calls for everyone to prepare for the big dance scene.

Meanwhile, Doris quickly tosses the brown haired wig she is wearing off once she is inside Davey's office.

"Now, to find some dirt on Ms. Sarah Beverly. She won't have my Jacky for long!" she snarls softly as she begins to dig through Davey's paperwork. Doris finds a file folder on Sarah Beverly and she quickly flings it open with a ravenous expression on her face. This girl will never find a job in Hollywood for years to come. Doris spots a letter and reads it. Her eyes light up at what she reads.

"I should have known that Davey Jacobs was desperate enough to hire his older sister," Doris cackles as she tucks the letter back into the file folder and takes it away with her. Now, if she could only talk to her lawyer.

The progress on the movie begins to grow. Doris keeps the secret that she found to herself for the time being, wanting to make a fool out of the Jacobs after the movie comes out. Then, she would have a higher chance of actually ruining them for good. If she shared her secret before then, people may not believe her and then she would be the one who was ruined.

A few days later while Jack is filming an important scene with Doris, Sarah sneaks back to Davey's office. She looks and discovers that her whole file folder is missing.

"Oh no," she gasps, knowing how organized her brother was, but she was not too terribly concerned. Her brother may have put it somewhere safer and did not tell her. There was not a whole lot of information that indicated her relationship to Davey except for one incriminating letter. Sarah searches her brother's office for a few more minutes until she hears the door open.

"Oh! Hello, sweetheart! Are you looking for something?" Doris Kennedy asks as she stands in the doorway with the file folder in her hand.

"Why are you doing this? This isn't all because of Jack, is it?" Sarah asks quickly and Doris chuckles sarcastically,

"Jack has everything to do with this one, my dear. I love him and I'm beginning to see that you do too. He's falling for you more than he's falling for me. Maybe this will teach him to behave and see who really loves him." Doris shoves Sarah, who quickly moves to shove her back. Sarah tries to run out the door but, Doris slams it and locks it before she can.

"Let me out! Please! I don't mean any harm and neither does Davey!" Sarah cries out and Doris clucks her tongue.

"Well, that's too bad. I want Jack and I want this studio. Now, everyone is going to know who you really are and everyone is going to know what levels Davey stoops to and how all of the actors and actresses who work hard are actually treated," Doris says through the door and Sarah pulls on it hard. Doris chuckles cruelly as she walks away and she soon comes face to face with Jack.

"Doris, have you seen Sarah? We really need for the next scene. The dance scene and I can't dance without her," Jack asks and Doris smiles.

"I saw that she was in Davey's office," Doris says innocently before turning and walking away. Jack hurries up towards Davey's office where Sarah is trapped inside. After she is certain that Doris has left, Sarah starts to fiddle with the bobby pins in her hair. She pulls a few of them out that were pinning her hair up into its braid bun and she inserts them into the key hole. Carefully, she begins to fiddle with the tumblers.

Jack wanders up the hallway and finds Davey's office. He calls out,

"Sarah, are you alright?" When he doesn't get an answer, Jack pulls on the door. Suddenly, he hears the soft clicks of tumblers on the other side. Jack pulls on the door again and after a moment he hears a louder click and he tries again. This time the door opens and Jack sees Sarah sitting on the floor with some of her gorgeous hair spilling out of its neat array and bobby pins fall out of the door in front of her. He smiles and helps her to her feet.

"Thank you," she says softly and her eyes flick down to their intertwined hands. Jack smiles at her and is about to bring her closer when Katherine walks up to the two of them.

"Jack!" Katherine calls out and Jack quickly lets go of Sarah's hand to her dismay, "I was wondering if you were busy this evening." Jack looks at Sarah and then back to Katherine.

"I'm not sure if I am or not. I was considering just heading back home for the evening but, what if I had a few friends over to join me?" he asks, looking at both of the girls. "What about the two of you and a few of the boys? Maybe some time outside of this set will loosen everyone up a little bit. Things have been really tense here lately." To prove his point, Davey suddenly starts to shouting at Albert about the water sprinklers again. Sarah chuckles and gently takes Jack's hand.

"I would be glad to come over, Jack," she says with a smile. Katherine notices their intertwined hands and thinks over it for a second.

"I'll come for a little while," she says and smiles at the two of them. 

"Am I invited?" Doris asks, causing all three of the other people to jump, "It wouldn't be very wise to not invite your costar. It may come back and bite you some day." Sarah releases her hold on Jack's hand and Jack goes to complain until Sarah steps in between Jack and Doris.

"Not if I have any say in it," Sarah snaps and Doris slaps Sarah hard across the face. Sarah places a hand on her cheek and Jack steps forward to help her.

"You have no right to abuse her!" he snaps and Doris points to the Delanceys who are creeping out of the shadows. Jack glares at the two of them. 

"I have every right to do whatever I want, Kelly. I'll only leave her alone if you come with me," Doris demands and she extends her hand to Jack. Jack glares at it.

"I'd rather walk away with a cow," he says and Doris chuckles,

"I thought you might see it this way. Boys, teach both of them a lesson." Oscar and Morris step forward and Jack gets ready to defend Sarah from their attacks. The boys advance and Jack starts to fight them off. He manages to land some punches on them. Unfortunately, Jack can only fight one boy at one time. Oscar and Jack pummel each other with punches and Morris starts to advance toward Sarah. Morris lunges at her waist to pick her up but, Sarah stomps hard on his foot and throws a hard punch that sheds blood. He gets even angrier.

"You feisty little creature, you!" he shouts and lunges at her again. Sarah kicks his shins and Morris goes for her again. She prepares to fight back when Jack grabs him by his collar and starts throwing punches.

"Get your hands off of my girl!!" he yells and that attracts the attention of Davey and his entourage of producers. Sarah shoves Oscar away when he tries to attack Jack.

"Don't touch him!! Why are you doing this to us?" she cries out. Tears flood her eyes as Doris reenters the room. Davey and Jojo quickly manage to pull Jack and Morris away from each other. Oscar makes a move at Sarah and Jack shoves him into a trash can in the hallway. It topples over on top of Oscar and he groans.

"What is the meaning of this?" Davey asks and Doris enters the room to see what is happening. She lets out a gasp at the scene before her.

"What happened? Jacky, why were you attacking Oscar and Morris?" she asks and Sarah stands up quickly.

"That is NOT what happened here. You locked me in David's office and you have his file on me. I saw it," she says and Davey looks at Doris.

"Oh really! You're gonna believe your sister who you hired in rather than a real professional over me! I don't think I'm the one at fault here," she says quickly and Davey shakes his head.

"I don't think I am, Doris. I'm the studio executive here. I can do whatever I choose to," he says and Doris smirks at him.

"Until I take it from you. I'm not getting the limelight I deserve from anyone and it's high time I start making my name even bigger. Which means destroying both of you in the papers and maybe even disposing of your sister so I can get my Jacky," Doris says and she walks over to Sarah, " I can see an unfortunate car accident happening on the street that no one can explain." Sarah backs away nervously. Jack gets up off the ground and moves to stand by Sarah.

"Doris, you won't touch her," Jack says as he places a protective hand on Sarah's shoulder.

"I'll do anything I can if it means I get you," Doris snarls.

"No, I don't think you will," Jack snaps and Doris frowns. Crutchy takes the hint and quickly hurries out to call the police. A few moment pass and then several police officers walk in and grab Doris.

"What is happening here?" Doris shrieks loudly and the officer says,

"Doris Kennedy, you are under arrest for breaking into private property such as David Jacob's office, stealing private paperwork that was not yours and verbally threatening Miss Beverly." Doris starts to struggle and she howls,

"I'll get you. I'll get all of you and someday Jack Kelly, you will be my husband!" Jack chuckles and waves goodbye. The Delanceys are hauled away as well for being accomplices in the whole scheme.

"What am I going to do? There goes my other star and..."Davey stops when he looks up and sees his sister standing there, "Sarah, would you please play opposite against Jack?"

"Don't say another word," Sarah says and Jack smiles at her.

"Davey, can we have a minute?" Jack asks and Davey raises an eyebrow suspiciously, "I'm not gonna do anything. I just want to talk to her. She's been through enough today." Davey nods his consent and shoos Jojo and Romeo out of the room to give Jack and Sarah privacy. As soon as everyone is gone, Sarah hugs Jack tightly.

"Thank you. I know we didn't get off to the best start but, thank you for helping me," she says and Jack brushes a strand of her hair away from her face.

"Your welcome but, I have one question for you," Jack says and Sarah nods.

"Go ahead," she says, "There isn't much that you don't know at this point and it is completely fair to question some of it."

"Why didn't you tell me that you were Davey's sister?" he asks and Sarah bites her lip.

"I didn't want anyone to think that that was the reason Davey hired me.  He wanted an extra dancer and I had enough experience. I go under a stage name anyways but, I knew that my brother and I were both trying to get our starts out in the world of film and stage production so, I figured that if one of us went under a different name and something went wrong, it wouldn't soil both of our careers," Sarah explains, "Does that make any sense?"

"I think it makes plenty of sense," Jack whispers and he turns Sarah's face toward his. The two move in closer when Davey flings the door open.

"I thought you said you weren't going to do anything!" Davey howls and he quickly pinches the bridge of his nose.

"We were just practicing our stage kissing, Davey. Calm down!" Jack says and Davey nods his head skeptically.

"Uh huh. You never practiced your stage kissing with Doris," he says, "We need to start filming now and make up for lost time."

The next couple of months, everyone in the studio works hard to recover everything that they had lost when Doris was arrested. Sarah and Jack have fantastic chemistry and when the first premiere shows, most of the audience adores them. After the premiere is over, Jack and Sarah walk out of the theater hand in hand.

"You wanna take a walk?" Jack asks and Sarah nods. The two start to walk down a quiet street when suddenly, some drops hit their clothes. It starts to come faster and faster and Jack struggles to find a safe, dry place for them to stand until the rain lets up.

"It's just like in the movie," Sarah says over the rain and Jack chuckles.

"Yeah, it is," he says and he smiles at the beautiful girl standing in front of him. Jack gently brushes the wet hair away from her face.

"Jack, what are you doing?" Sarah asks softly as Jack's face moves closer to hers.

"Practicing my stage kissing," Jack whispers on Sarah's lips causing Sarah to move closer to him for warmth out of the rain. He gently kisses Sarah and she kisses him back. The two part quickly and Sarah chuckles,

"Sure you are." Jack smiles and silences her with another kiss.

"I love you, Sarah. I hope you know that," he says and Sarah smiles up at him.

"I love you too, Jack. Nothing is ever going to change that," Sarah replies and the two continue to kiss in the rain.

AN:/ Okay. That took awhile. I hope you like this one. There were several nods to the movie, tell me when you find them and what ones you see. Doris is a villain that I tried to make relatable but at the same time, she is someone that you really don't want to relate to. Also, what did you think of Sarah and Jack? Is Sarah's personality better the way I wrote it? I tried to add to her personality and use some of the things that Newsiepedia put out. If those people are on here or read this, thank you so much for creating that account. It is such a neat account and it helped inspire me to bring The Big Book of Newsies to Wattpad. Thank you. So, that's where I got some of the ideas for Sarah for this oneshot. I figured I do a lot of Jatherine so, I kind of wanted to mix it up just a little bit. Did you like Sarah in this oneshot? Feel free to comment on that. I love reading comments and getting feedback on what works and what doesn't. I will try to update again sooner than later!! Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!! See you around, friends!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 141 16
A Newsie's Fanfic about life after the strike. Janet never had a last name, a family, or anything but hardships. So she decides the only way tpmake a...
464 17 13
2 people from different worlds have much in common, but end up clashing more than harmonizing... (Finch Cortes x oc) book 3 - wouldn't ya like to kn...
480 36 17
In 1899, two aspiring reporters get caught up in one of the biggest events of their time; a newsboy strike. Eleanor, Ellie, and her friend aim to be...
38.4K 589 42
Hi okay hello. These are just some one shots from Newsies. If you have any ship requests or plot ideas feel free to message me or comment id be ha...