Something Greater (Something...

By goldenjarry

Tour is over for Jenelle. She's back in the offices of MTV in Melbourne with new work partner Mason Andrews... More

Reviews
Welcome Back...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Harry Styles.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 (Final)
Bye my loves x

Chapter 18

17.3K 455 244
By goldenjarry

Harry's POV

Last night was up there in one of my favourite nights of my life. Not just because of the sex, that was incredible too, but being so close to Jen again and reconnecting with her on that intimate level was something I had looked forward to since we had broken up.

The night we conceived our baby would always be something I would never forget, but this time was different, it was better because I knew when I left her this morning I would be returning to her later, and she would be mine.

Calum and I had been picked up from the apartment earlier, since we both had interviews lined up with a radio station. I didn't particularly want to leave Jen today, because I knew she was nervous to see her friend, but she had work anyway so I hoped that kept her mind off things for a bit.

"So mate I haven't even had a chance to ask you, how are you feeling about the whole pregnancy?" Calum asked me quietly since we weren't alone in the car.

"I was shocked at first, I mean you know what it's like sort of...when Sam had that scare! I just thought we were both still so young, I have no idea how to be a father, and how could it have happened. After the shock wore off I was just excited. I love Jen more than anything in this world, you know that, so to be told we were going to share a child together, how could I not feel like the luckiest man in the world? I know I want to marry her one day, and I thought we would be married before we had a child, but it is what it is and I couldn't be happier."

I meant it, finding out Jen was pregnant would always be one of the happiest moments of my twenty one years of existence, and marrying her would be the number one accomplishment of my life. My career was important to me, and I was incredibly blessed to have been given the opportunities I had, but my family were now my number one achievement, and what I was most proud of.

"I'm actually really happy for you guys, I see what you're like with Lou's kid, I reckon you'll be a great dad! I can already see Sam getting so attached she'll be hinting to me she wants her own! I love Sam, but I'm no where near responsible enough for that!"

"That's what I always said but now look..." I joked.

"Don't put any ideas into her head! I'm fine with babysitting my niece or nephew, but I'm more than happy to hand it back at the end of the day!"

"Your niece or nephew hey, do you plan on marrying Sam?" I asked him. Those two were a perfect fit for one another, and when Jen and I were fighting I always envied how carefree they were. They were also our biggest supporters, and the two people that always believed in us.

"I don't know," he shrugged.

"Yeah you do. You don't have to put up a front for me, you are allowed to tell me how you honestly feel. I was never this much of a sap talking about marriage and babies until I met Jen, when you meet the one you just know. Is Sam not the one?"

Calum was still a kid, he was nineteen and enjoying the perks of being a "rock star". I'm not saying that he was young and immature, I knew he loved Sam, but to me when you love someone so much there's no shame in admitting you want to spend your life with them.

"Dude I'm only a teenager, how am I meant to know when I've found the one?" He laughed off my question, but I knew it was a mask for his actual feelings.

"You're talking to me Calum, you're not talking to one of your band members who don't understand the depths of our love for those sisters. If you don't think Sam is the one then it's not fair to string her along! I guess you guys aren't as stable as I thought."

I didn't mean that, it was an old trick called reverse psychology. I knew by me doubting their relationship he would get his defences up, and he would see that he loved her more than he lead on.

"Who said we weren't stable? I never said she wasn't the one, I just said how am I meant to know she is? I love her and I can't imagine my life without her in it. Sometimes I just get insecure and feel like she'll get sick of my lifestyle, and one day she'll start believing the rumours and not let me explain this time. I want to say yes she's the one, and yes I'll marry her one day, but I'm scared if I get my hopes up one day my world will come crashing down and I won't be able to recover from that. So it's not that we're not stable, I just don't want to jinx anything, and risk looking like an idiot later on by wishing for something that might not even happen."

I couldn't help but smile at his confession, it wasn't because what he said was amusing, it was the fact I knew he would play into my game. He sounded a lot like me at the start of my relationship with Jen.

"Why are you smiling?" He questioned me with a clear look of disgust on his face.

"Mate you know you just played right into my hands?"

"What?" He looked confused.

"I only said you weren't stable because I knew you'd get defensive and tell me how you really felt!"

"You're an asshole!" He shook his head and turned his back to me looking out the window.

"Hey! I didn't mean to upset you, I just knew this is how you would open up about it, and I care enough about you to want to hear how you feel!" I squeezed his shoulder and he huffed and turned back to face me.

"You're still an asshole!" He tried not to smile, but I knew he realised I meant no harm by my game.

"I am, but can I give you my opinion now?" I asked his permission.

"Yeah.."

"We're all just fools in love. None of us know what our future holds. Yeah I know I'm having a baby with Jen, but nothing is stopping her from leaving me again. There are no guarantees in life, but you can't think about the what if's, you have to live in the moment! Insecurities tampered with my relationship before, don't let them ruin yours. Sam is a smart girl, I think you two will be fine! Besides if Angus ends up my only brother in law, I think I'm going to rip my hair out!" I joked. Angus wasn't a bad guy, he just had idiotic tendencies at times.

"Ha, imagine us three lads in ten years on the golf course, complaining about our wives and wishing we could go back ten years and relive our glory days!"

"In ten years I plan to still be in my glory days thank you very much!"

"Okay Harry," he laughed, and our car pulled up to the building we'd be conducting our interview this morning.

"Good chat mate, we should have more of them," I patted his back and he nodded.

We walked into the studio and were met by the new guy that was hosting The Bump. I remembered the last time we were on the show Angus was the host, so it was strange to see someone else doing his job.

"Hey mate, good to finally meet you," the new Angus extended his hand, and I shook it.

"Harry!"

"Calum good to see you again buddy, the rest of your band are over in the office signing some merch, we're just gonna do the 1D interview first then I'll come get the rest of you guys and we'll swap you guys over," Calum shook his hand and left as as we joined the other four guy's in the studio.

I always found radio to be the least intimidating type of interviews, because it didn't mater what you looked like, and you didn't have a live audience in front of you staring you down. I didn't mind discussing my personal life to an extent, and I knew that would be a topic of interest, so I felt pretty comfortable answering whatever this guy had up his sleeve.

"Welcome back to Australia guys, how are you enjoying being back?" He started off the interview, and Liam and Niall took turns in saying what they loved most about Australia.

Our latest album, our show's and what we've been up to down under were all brought up, and of course our activities then lead to the impending question I knew was coming. No one exactly knew Jen and I were back together yet, as the interview I did yesterday wouldn't air for a couple of weeks, so really this was the first time it would be confirmed for everyone to know.

"I love being in Australia, the people are always so friendly, and the fan's are unbelievable," I answered his question of what we love most about being here.

"Any particular person you like catching up with down here? A friend, a family member, a possible love interest?"

"My girlfriend, is that what you're getting at?"

"There's a bit of speculation going on about who's single and who isn't, I just gotta ask these things to clear the air. So things are going well for you and our home grown girl?"

"Yeah things are amazing with her. I mean, we've had a tough trot, but we're in a good place now and I'm happy."

I didn't want to go into too much detail, I was still extremely private about my love life, and I didn't feel the world needed to know everything about our relationship.

"Speaking of relationship's, the last time I came out on your tour last year I did an interview with Jen and Angus and he mentioned he had just gotten engaged to your sister. How does a brother react when he finds our his sister is dating one of his mates? Because you and Angus were buddies I'm assuming before they got together..."

"Harry took it extremely well!" Niall laughed.

"I sense the sarcasm," the host picked up on his dig at how I reacted to the whole Angus and Gemma thing.

"Look, I could have handled it a bit better than I did, but he was my mate and she's my sister, and no brother is going to be thrilled about it are they? I think it kind of rattled me a little more because it was this big secret and I only found out by accident. I'm used to it now, they're in love and they're happy together over in England so as long as he treats her right, I don't have a problem with it."

After that he focused his attention more on Zayn and his wedding which seemed to never be coming, and we wrapped up the interview so we could head to the other interviews we had lined up.

Press days always drained me, but knowing I got to go home to Jen before my flight tonight was the only thing that kept me going during the day.

The boys headed back to the hotel, and Calum and I headed back to the apartment for a bit before we had to leave for the airport later tonight.

When we walked into the apartment Sam jumped from the couch and ran straight over to us.

"Jen is going to lose it, she's not home yet but when she see's who's here she's going to freak out!" She sounded panicked and upset at whoever was in this apartment right now.

"Well if it isn't the world famous Harry Styles," some guy I've never seen before walked from the room Bella used to occupy, into the lounge where we all stood.

"Jake!" I heard Bella yell from the bedroom.

"What are you even doing here, I don't recall inviting you over and I'd rather you not be here when my sister comes home," Sam scolded him. They clearly knew each other, and he seemed to know me, and judging by the tone of his voice he wasn't exactly a fan.

"Aw Sammy don't be like that little one," he ruffled her hair and she stepped backwards taking a hold on Calum.

"Oh and this must be your boyfriend, the dude from that shit ass band that think they're punk rock but in reality they're a bunch of fags," he stared down Cal.

"Don't call them that, you're just a weak piece of shit and I wish my sister saw that before you took advantage of her!" She was getting extremely worked up, and I was growing more curious and anxious to know who this was, and how he took advantage of Jen.

"Now come on babe, she was pretty into it, I didn't force her into anything!" He tried to defend himself.

"You made her believe you loved her you lying asshole! You are disgusting, what you and Bella are doing is disgusting, and I'm glad she's out of Jen's life because she's a fake, two faced, backstabbing b*tch!"

I had never seen Sam so angry before, even when she was pissed off at Ashton last year and she was venting to me, it was no where near as intense as this. If Calum wasn't holding her back I could have seen her take a swing at him. I didn't know who he was, but the smug grin on his face didn't sit well with me.

"That's rich coming from a spoiled little brat like you. You and your sister always thought you were better than everyone else because your dad's some big shot lawyer, and your mum's a f*cking party planner or whatever shit she does. You two are nothing but a pair of s*uts going around screwing these boy band losers!"

"Don't you dare talk to her like that!" Calum stood up for Sam, and got in this guy's face. I honestly wanted to punch the hell out of him for calling them s*uts, but Calum beat me to his face.

"Oh what are you going to do?" He laughed in Cal's face. "Hey babe, this Asian kid looks like he's about to try and beat my arse!" He yelled out the Bella, and she appeared in the doorway.

"Jake can you just stop, we're here to get my stuff not start an argument!" She yelled at him.

"Come on Bell, I reckon I could drop the Asian and the Pom in one king hit, but I better not ey, might get sued for destroying their faces since that's all they're good for!"

"Who the f*ck even are you?" I finally spoke.

"Oh he speaks!" He turned his attention to me now. "I'm..."

"What are you doing here?" Jen cut him off before he could answer. We all turned around and saw her over near the door with Mason.

"Maybe Jenelle wants to tell you who I am!" He nodded towards her, and took a seat on the sofa watching all of us.

Sam walked over to her and said something I couldn't quite hear, but the look on Jen's face told me he wasn't someone she wanted in this apartment.

"Where is she?" She asked Sam.

"Her room!"

"Can you just sit with Mason and Harry while I talk to her please?"

"Sure!"

"Hey, I'll be back in a minute!" She gave me a quick kiss before shooting this Jake guy a filthy look, and she stormed into Bella's room slamming the door shut behind her. We could all hear muffled screams coming from the room, and I went to go see if she was okay, but Sam stopped me.

"It's better if we just let them hash it out Harry," She blocked the way.

"Sam this isn't good for her right now, she doesn't need the stress!"

"I know but I honestly think it's better if we just let them deal with it, trust me!" She looked at me with desperate eyes, and I gave in and agreed not to stop what was going on in there.

"Harry mate," I extended my hand out to Mason who was standing there not knowing exactly what to do or say.

"Mason, nice to finally meet you properly!" He shook my hand and smiled politely.

"Who's this, another one of Jen's f*ck buddies?" Jake interrupted us.

"Get out!" Sam yelled in his direction.

"But I haven't even had a chance to introduce myself yet!" He stood up and made his way over to me.

"I'm Jake, and I'm the guy that warmed your little princess up for you," he said smugly.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"I forgot you're dumb as f*ck, let me put this as simple as I can. I...took...your...girlfriend's...virginity! understand now boy band?"

This must have been the boyfriend Jen told me about, that took her virginity and broke up with her the next day. He was nothing but a worthless asshole, and I didn't want to give him a reaction he was desperately craving, so I acted unphased.

"That's great mate," I gave him a weak smile and smacked his arm before walking over to the sofa.

"That's all you have to say? Weak as piss, just as I thought. So let me ask, has she improved since I last gave her a ride or what? She was a pretty shit root, good thing I f*cked her off when I saw she had nothing more to give me," he laughed, and I clenched my knuckles so hard they were turning white. I didn't want to give in, but I felt my patience with this tool slipping away.

"Yeah, she was pretty tight, and I had to chuck my sheets out after it. Biggest waste of my life that was dating her, but she was pretty easy to hook. All I did was tell her I loved her and bam, she spread them open fast, what a dumb b*tch," he laughed at her, and I could no longer sit here and listen to him talk about her this way.

I lunged at him but Cal and Mason held me back.

"Let me go!" I screamed at them and tried to break free.

"He's not worth it Harry!" Calum tried to reason with me.

"Oh come on pretty boy," he mocked me.

"You know what?" Mason said, letting me go. He took us all by complete surprise when he swung at Jake and knocked him to the ground in one hit. "Now get the f*ck out before we call the police to escort you out!" He crouched down at the mess on the ground.

"Call the cops, how are you going to explain this hey? I'll have you up for assult!" He threatened him.

"With what witnesses? I'm pretty sure no one in this room is going to say I hit you now are they?"

"F*ck you!"

"Cal help me drag him out!" Mason called Cal over, and they lifted him to his feet and dragged him out of the apartment, slamming the door in his face. He banged on the door screaming for Bella, but we ignored him.

"Mate, that was bloody fantastic!" I paised Mason, shocked he had that kind of power in him.

"He's a douche, I should have swung harder!" He laughed.

This was already an eventful day, and I just hoped Jen was okay in that room, and was happy she didn't have to witness what had just happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 106 51
Finished with Blake Ryan's tour, Luke and his band, 5 Seconds of Summer, are in LA to get some songs recorded and to figure out the next step of thei...
1.1K 11 27
One does not simply know the meaning of fear until they're living it. *** Please don't be too hard on this book, it...
8.9K 291 71
- A story of your average teenage girl falling for the boy of her dreams. Could everything really be as perfect as it seemed? - When Skyler met Calu...
976 143 26
Delilah has just come out of a relationship that changed everything. While she's struggling to gain some sort of control in her life, her band, 5 Sec...