MY FORGOTTEN FIANCE'

By Katryn1977

Desiree Carter was in an accident in July. She wakes up a month later in August and knows who she is but she... More

MY FORGOTTEN FIANCE' Ch1
MY FORGOTTEN FIANCE' Ch2
My Forgotten Fiance' Ch 3
My Forgotten Fiance' Ch 4
My Forgotten Fiance' Ch 6

My Forgotten Fiance' Ch 5

754 10 2
By Katryn1977

My Forgotten Fiance'

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Chapter Five

I awoke with a start and sat up. Looking around me I felt disorientated for a moment before I remembered where I was. Johnathan's home. Mine now, as well, now that we are married.

That is certainly going to take some getting used to. I have always been alone and preferred it that way. That is the most baffling part- why would I have put myself in a position to get pregnant by someone I could not have known for very long? Especially when I had never wanted to get entangled with anyone on a serious level?

I heard the sound again. It was very faint but definitely there.

It took a moment for me to realize what it was that had awoken me. A baby's cry. I looked around me because the cry was coming from somewhere nearby. I finally spotted what had to be a baby monitor on the nightstand on the opposite side of the bed.

I started to get up when I heard Johnathan speaking gently. "Hello beautiful, let's try not to wake up mommy, OK. Now, did you have a good nap? I bet you are hungry right? How about we change your diaper and then you can have your bottle, hmm?" He sounded so sweet!

I heard the sounds of rustling and figured he must be changing her diaper. He seems to be such a wonderful father. Will he be a wonderful husband, as well? Only time will give me the answer to that question.

I heard the sound of more rustling followed by the sound of Arabella sucking on what I presumed to be her baby bottle. Every now and again she would make these cute little noises that brought a happy smile to my face. I love her so very much and could not imagine my life without her in it.

At the thought of losing her I felt as though I wanted to cry but I blinked the tears away and focused on listening to sounds coming through the baby monitor instead.

I heard a little belch and then the sound of Johnathan laughing softly. I had not heard him laugh before and I must admit, the deep timber of his laugh was extremely sexy. I cannot remember ever hearing a man laugh and thinking that it was the sexiest sound on earth but Johnathan's husky laugh most certainly is.

What really got to me though was what he did next. He began to sing to Arabella and it was so sweet it made me cry. The strong, arrogant man that I have known for a short period of time is singing, My Little Girl by Tim McGraw, to our baby daughter.

I felt all the defenses around my heart starting to crumble hard and fast. How could I not soften towards a man who will take time to care for, and sing, to our baby? I could not think of any reasons not to try to make this marriage 'real' in every way anymore. I will do everything within my power to make it work whether I regain my memory or not. If we had problems before, we will get through them. If we did not have problems- absolutely wonderful!

At first, I was going to fight it being a 'real' marriage by ensuring that it would be a marriage in name only but now I feel as though I would truly be losing out if I do that. Besides, Arabella deserves to have both parents and I really want that for her.

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I had not realized that the monitor had gone silent until the bedroom door opened.

My face turned red from embarrassment when I looked up at him to see him staring pensively at me. I was sitting there on the bed holding the baby monitor in my hands. I had not even realized that I had picked it up! I set it back on the nightstand and put both my hands in my lap. I was still blushing profusely at having been 'caught' listening in to what was most assuredly a private moment between father and daughter. I could not say anything due to the fact that I had no idea what to say.

Breaking the silence, he said. "I apologize if Arabella woke you up. I had forgotten to turn the baby monitor off earlier so you would not be disturbed." His voice was a bit cold as he said this.

From embarrassment? Anger? I do not know the answer.

"It is not a problem. I had gotten enough rest anyway. Besides, I feel a bit hungry." I was trying to reassure him but he looked anything but reassured! If anything, his jaw clenched as though he were gritting his teeth to keep from saying something or possibly in anger. At who, though? Me? Or himself?

My question was answered when he spoke next. "For the second time today I owe you an apology. I should have asked Mrs. Chase to make you a tray. You did not get to eat much at the hospital, I am sure, when they served lunch. I will take care of it immediately."

He walked over to the bed and reached out a hand to pick up the phone with the intention of calling Mrs. Chase. I put my hand on his to stop him from doing so. I did not want to put the kind lady to any trouble on my account and told him so.

"Please, do not trouble Mrs. Chase. I can go down and make a sandwich or something. I am sure that she has other things to do."

He appeared to think about it for a moment before he spoke. "I will not call her but I am not going to have you going to the kitchen to make your food either. You just got out of the hospital today, Desiree. You need to take it easy. We have been over this several times already and, frankly, I am tired of having to remind you of it. I will make you something to eat and you will wait here. Understood?" His tone said that he would not take less than an acceptable answer. In this instance, me staying put.

I nodded in agitation. "Fine, I will stay put tonight. Tomorrow though, I am leaving this room! If I have to stay in bed for one more day I am going to scream the place down!" Aargh! He gets me so irritated with his arrogant attitude. Where did the loving man that was with Arabella earlier disappear to?

Johnathan gave me a warning look before leaving the room. What did he think? That I was going to get up and follow him? Ha! As if! I will just sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that an extremely handsome, sexy man is fetching and carrying for me!

I had to laugh at my imagination a few minutes later. I was actually picturing him in nothing but an apron preparing my meal when a very surprised and extremely embarrassed Mrs. Chase walked in! I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks.

It was at that precise moment that the object of my humor walked into the room carrying a tray. On it were a glass of sweet iced tea along with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

He looked at me through narrowed eyes and just shook his head as though he did not even want to know what I was thinking. Hmm, maybe I should tell him just to see if he would blush? It is an entertaining thought! Maybe I will tell him after I eat. I looked up at him. Hmm, on second thought, maybe not. He does not look like he would find something like that very funny especially when it would be at his expense!

I looked at him questioningly. "Are you not going to eat anything?"

"I ate something earlier at dinner. I came up to check on you but you were sleeping so peacefully I did not want to disturb you."

I looked over at the clock sitting on the nightstand and could not believe it was so late. I slept longer than I thought I had. It is now thirty minutes past eight o'clock.

Shrugging, I picked up the sandwich and before I even realized it, I had eaten the whole thing. I still had a bit of tea left so I finished it off and returned the glass to the tray.

"Thank you for getting me something to eat. I really do appreciate it."

"You are welcome. I will return these to the kitchen and then I am going to get some sleep. You might want to change into a nightgown or pajamas to sleep in for tonight." Then, tray in hand, he left the room.

I changed into a shorts pajama set that looked really comfortable. I climbed into the bed after attending to my body's needs, brushed my teeth and waited for Johnathan to return.

COPYRIGHT

Thank you all for reading! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter ;P

Sorry this was so short but I have had a slight migraine the past few days & being on the computer tends to make it worse :(

No copyright infringement intended on the youtube video I am sharing with you all. I do not own the video or any rights to it whatsoever. I just think it is a beautiful song and worked it into the chapter.  :P

CYNKAT1777

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.2K 858 8
THIS STORY HAS SCENES OF SEX FOR THOSE WHO CAN TAKE IT THERE WILL BE NO WARNINGS PLEASE DON'T REPORT IT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED He pounded mercilessly...
186K 8K 22
An innocent, shy musician meets an exciting, gorgeous pilot. She has a secret shame she is afraid to share. Will she let him into her heart? Will she...
65.9K 11.2K 74
~BOOK 3 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED. ON 20-JANUARY-2021 FINISHED. ON 15-OCTOBER-2021 #1 in mothers. On. 7-08-2021 #1 in introvert...
705K 18.3K 53
"I have secretly loved you for so many years. Now that you're mine I won't let you go". . . . Her mistake was agreeing to a marriage that wasn't bas...