Sweet Little Lies

By Indgio

This book is now being sold in a paper back copy!! Link in bio if interested to read a more updated version... More

Introduction
Chapter One: Babylon
Chapter Two: Ophelia
Chapter Three: Goodbye
Chapter Four: Young and Menace
Chapter Five: In The Heat Of The Moment
Chapter Six: Don't Stop Me Now
Chapter Seven: Killer Queen
Chapter Eight: God And Monsters
Chapter Nine: So What
Chapter Ten: Movement
Chapter Eleven: Moving Along
Chapter Twelve: Where Your Secrets Hide
Chapter Thirteen: High Enough
Chapter Fourteen: Take Me To Church
Chapter Fifteen: Glitter In The Air
Chapter Sixteen: Wake Up
Chapter Seventeen: The Sound Of Silence
Chapter Eighteen: 18
Chpater Nineteen: Rosyln
Chapter Twenty: False Confidence
Chapter Twenty-One: Let Me Down Slowly
Chapter Twenty-Two: Game Of Survival
Chapter Twenty-Three: Must Have Been The Wind
Chapter Twenty-Five: Get Stüpid
Chapter Twenty-Six: Girls/Girls/Boys
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Broken Crown
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pressure
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Stompa
Chapter Thirty: Work Shoes
Chapter Thirty-One: Angel Of Small Death & The Codeine Scene
Chapter Thirty-Two: Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Three: My Blood
Chapter Thirty-Four: I Will Follow You Into The Dark
Chapter Thirty-Five: Breathe
Chapter Thirty-Six: Dig Your Grave
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Heroes Rise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Weak
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Carry You
Chapter Forty: Beloved
Chapter Forty-One: When The Truth Hunts You Down
Chapter Forty-Two: Can't Help Falling In Love
Chapter Forty-Three: Back Down
Chapter Forty-Four: Even If It Hurts
Chapter Forty-Five: Towards The Sun
Chapter Forty-Six: Love and War
Chapter Forty-Seven: Skyfall
Chapter Forty-Eight: Man Or A Monster
Chapter Forty-Nine: Free
Chapter Fifty: Saturday Sun
Chapter Fifty-One: Mansion

Chapter Twenty-Four: Arsonist's Lullaby

16 4 0
By Indgio

Thursday, October 3rd, 7:20am

"I miss you."

"Don't say that when you don't mean it."

"Maggie!"

I jolt up and roll off the couch falling onto the floor.

"What!" I yell as I sit up from the floor, realizing that I was inches away from hitting my head on the table.

Jade doesn't respond she just looks over at Adrian who was laying on the couch beside me. I didn't even realize he stayed the night, or the fact that we slept on the couch together.

I get up from the floor and pock Adrian in the side making him jolt awake.

I look back over to Jade, "What are you doing here?"

"Rick is at The Mystic Glass drunker than he's ever been." Jade explains.

"Why are you coming to me about it?"

"What time is it?" Adrian mumbles.

Jade and I glance over to Adrian.

"Who are you?" Jade looks up at me, "Who is he?"

"I'm Adrian."

"Jade," She turns to look at me, "And I'm coming to you about this because for the past hour he's been crying about how he hurt you and ruined your family."

"Oh god." I mumble.

"Can someone please tell me what time it is." Adrian says.

Jade pulls out her phone, "It's seven thirty. Okay."

"We're going to be late for School." Adrian says.

I turn to look at him, "By only a couple of minutes."

"If I'm late my parents will kill me." Adrian says finally standing up from the couch.

"Exact reason to come to the bar with us." Jade smiles.

"I'm good-"

"No you're coming." I say.

"No I'm not-"

"Yeah you are, because right now you're in a room with two people in a gang. So... might be a good choice to just roll with it." I smile.

Adrian looks over to Jade and then back at me, "Fi-" He stops and looks at both of us one more time, "Fine."

"Great now, Maggie, can we go get Rick out of the bar."

"I hate how you call my Dad by his first name." I say as I walk over to the front door.

Adrian follows Jade and I outside very reluctantly.

"Why did you force him to come with us?" Jade leans over and whispers.

"Because I want to know why he slept at my house last night." I whisper.

"You didn't know?"

"I fell asleep thinking that he would let himself out. Guess not."

I turn around to look at Adrian, "Can you walk faster we don't have all day."

Adrian walks up beside me as we cut through the small area of trees and into the clearing where some members of the gang are. Mostly the older ones.

We walk into the side entrance of Mystic Glass.

Clark comes running up to us.

"Your Dad is in the corner hugging a bottle of beer and crying." Clark explains.

I glance over Clarks shoulder, "Yeah I can see that."

"Who are you?" Clark asks pointing over to Adrian.

"Adrian." He smiles awkwardly.

I look down at the ground and sigh, "I'll go talk to him."

I move over to the corner where my Dad is sitting. He's curled up in a ball shaking his whole body back and forth along with his head side to side.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He repeats.

"Dad."

No response.

"Dad!"

He looks up at me, "Oh Maggie."

I watch as he stumbles to his feet and places his hands on my shoulders.

"I am so sorry, I ruined everything."

I don't respond.

"I don't know what I'm doing. I've ruined everything with your Mom and your brother."

"I'm so sorry." He says.

Without thinking about what to say the words come flying out of my mouth, "Yeah you better be," I stare at him, "I'm the kid Dad. I'm the one that is supposed to be getting drunk and making the mistakes, not the other way around. You should be looking after me."

"I know."

"Do you, do you know? Because it doesn't look like it when you're cowering in a corner with beer bottle surrounding you!" I shout.

"I want to fix things." He says.

"And how are you gonna do that, call Mom on the phone? You don't even have a fucking phone! Are you gonna go get Caleb and bring him home? No you're not because he's, a danger, right?"

"So Dad tell me what are you gonna do to fix your family?"

"I'll find a phone and call your Mom."

"Yeah then what? Do you know what you're going to say to her or are you just gonna find a phone while drunk one night and call her telling her about all your mistakes?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything he just sits back down on the ground.

"Seriously?" I glare.

He doesn't respond.

I crouch down to his level.

"Tell you what, if you put in an effort to fix things... I will burn all those files that I found in my room." I say.

He looks up at me, "You don't-"

"Will it get you to forget one of the worst mistakes you made. Partly yes. So I will go and burn those files, but only if you promise to put in an effort." I say.

"Okay." He mumbles.

I stand up and walk back over to him.

"What happened?" Jade asks.

"He probably won't leave anytime soon, but at least I got him to stop crying in the corner." I say.

"Now I've got to go burn some shit."

I storm out of Mystic Glass and through the path when I hear footsteps behind me.

"What Adrian?" I ask.

"How did you know it was me?" He asks.

I shrug, "Lucky guess."

"What do you want?"

He jogs up beside me, "I just want to make sure you are okay."

"Better than ever." I smile sarcastically.

I round the corner and walk into my house with Adrian still following me.

I get into my room and open the closet doors.

"This is your room?" Adrian asks.

"Yeah, hold off your opinions I already know it sucks." I say as I grab the box of files.

I pick up the box and turn to get out of my room, but Adrian is blocking the way.

"Are you gonna move?" I ask.

"Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, maybe because yesterday you said a whole bunch of stuff that you've never said out loud before and have been holding inside for the past two years." Adrian says.

"Why don't you tell me why you thought it was okay to sleep over?"

"One I didn't think you would want to be alone after saying all that stuff out loud, and I can back that up now because you would have woken up alone and would have gone to help your Dad."

"I do that a lot, and you being here when I woke up didn't change anything I still would have fallen off the couch." I say.

"For two, you fell asleep on my shoulder and I didn't want to move then having you fall over and wake up." Adrian explains while completely ignoring what I had just said.

I didn't even know I fell asleep on his shoulder.

"Fine. Now can you move so I can go burn this stuff."

"What is it?" He asks.

"Stupid files that I need to burn so my Dad can get his life together." I explain.

Adrian nods slowly.

"Do you want to help?" I ask.

"Burn papers?"

"Yeah, it'll only be a couple minutes then you can get to School." I say.

"I guess. Sure." He shrugs.

Adrian moves out of the way to let me walk past.

We walk out of my house, "Let's just take my car," Adrian suggests, "It's better than walking."

"Okay." I nod.

We get into his car and pull off down the street.

"So where are we going to burn these papers?" Adrian asks.

"There's this place behind the School." I explain.

"Oh," Adrian says, "Can I ask where your brother is?"

"A mental institution. My Dad faked my Mom's signature to make sure he would get sent away and I know this is weighing him down so I'm burning it." I explain.

"Oh. Fun." Adrian purses his lips and nods slowly.

"And your Dad is the gang leader right?" Adrian asks.

"Yup."

"Don't you have a tattoo?"

"Yup."

"Where is it?"

"It's a mystery."

Adrian chuckles, "But I thought it was on your arm?"

"It's still a mystery."

......

We get to the back of the field where a large trash can sits behind some bushes.

"Why have I never seen this here?" Adrian asks as I start to empty out the papers into the trash can.

"Because it's where all the druggies come. I doubt you do drugs."

I pull a lighter out from my boot.

"Wait you have a lighter... in your boot... and you also have a knife in your boot. How big are your boots?"

"Pretty big."

"Why do you have a lighter? Do you smoke?" He asks.

"God no, that's discussing. Anyone who smokes is literally killing their body, especially when their brain isn't developed yet." I ramble.

"Then why the lighter?"

I point at the trash can fill of papers, "I like to burn things."

I pick up one of the papers and light the corner before throwing it into the trash can catching everything else on fire.

"Woah that's lighting fast." Adrian says taking a step back.

"Yeah, but we should get out of here. Besides, you might want to get to School, right?"

Adrian and I walk away from the trash can and start to walk towards the School.

"My parents are going to kill me?" Adrian says.

"How can you be sure?" I ask.

"Well I didn't really go home last night. I went to the Café and then to your place so... I haven't been home in a day." Adrian scratches the back of his neck.

"From what I did see of your parents they did seem pretty strict so it might be a good idea to check your phone." I laugh.

"Oh shit. Yeah." Adrian pulls his phone out from my pocket.

"Shit."

"Many messages I assume?"

"Yeah, my Mom sent me like ten messages." Adrian panics.

"I would get home then." I say.

Adrian stops walking and turns towards me, "I can't, my bag is still at your house."

"I'll bring it to you tomorrow. You get home."

"You don't have to do that."

"Adrian, I literally cried in your arms yesterday, just let me bring you your backpack." I say.

Adrian nods, "Okay."

Adrian looks over to his left.

"Go. You don't want to die today do you?" I ask.

He looks back over to me, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod as he runs off through the parking lot of the School to his car which is parked perfectly in a slot.

Once I know that Adrian is out of the School parking lot I continue to walk. I walk all the way back to my house.

There is no use in going to School today.

I get into my house to see my Dad home and sitting on the couch.

"They're burned." I say.

He nods.

I start to walk away when I hear my name being called. I turn around and poke my head through the doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Whose bag is this?" He asks holding it up.

I walk over and grab it from him, "It's just a friends, he stayed the night last night." I explain.

"He?"

"Yes. We're just friends." I smile before walking out of the room.

I get into my room and close the door behind me. I place Adrian's bag on the ground beside the door.

I flop down onto my bed and look up at the ceiling. I glance over to Adrian's bag fighting the urge to look inside it.

Instead I grab my bag and pull out my notebook.

Right beside Adrian's name on my suspect list I write in brackets (maybe).

Something about last night changed my view on him, in a good way. I don't really know what about it changed, but I know I trust him and I doubt he's capable of pulling off a murder let alone being able to handle murdering someone.

Now this just means I'm farther away from finding out the truth, which means I have to stay in this town even longer than I want to.

I hope you liked this chapter. I remember when I came up witht he idea for this chapter, I heard the song that it's titled after and the scene of Maggie burning something just popped into my head!

Do you think it was a good idea for Maggie to burn thoes papers?

Do you think Maggie should still treat Adrian as a suspect? Do you think Adrina could have killed Kian??

Random fact when writing this right now I am doing inktober on my art account (artbybird26) I would love if you went and check it out!

More chapter will be coming in a couple of days, but this then please vote on this chapter if you liked it!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

894 443 22
"My back is stiff because of the hard ground and my feet are ice cold. A little breeze touches my bare skin. The smell of rotten meat invades my nose...
195 51 31
Life has never been easy for 16-year-old Billie. His dad is dead. His mom won't talk to him, and the people who he thought once cared for him are now...
18.1K 1.7K 24
"You had no right to do that," I snap, trying my best to out walk him. His chuckle was loud behind me and his hand griped on my forearm, stopping me...
478 32 18
""I guess so!" I started laughing too. I looked around and realized it's been forever since I've been here... We started eating and talking about sch...