Strings and Chains (The Frey...

By imakemyowndestiny

After her scandalous break up with her ex-boyfriend, Maru experienced paranormal activities in her room. Som... More

WARNING
1. Who swiped the v-card?
2. Good Girls
3. Freak out
4. One Sleepless Night
5. No Escape
6. Banana in Bed (X)
7. Highway to Hell
8. Afternoon with an Incubus
9. And the night deepens (X)
10. Big Discoveries
11. Shook
12. Finding Trouble
13. Fruit Salad (XXX)
14. Jealousy Kills Me
15. The Meeting
16. Are we clear?
17. Strip Game (X)
18. The First One Who Broke The Code
19. Answers I Need
20. Roscoe Family
21. Long Talk
22. Something is wrong
23. Raiden Frey (X)
24. I Have a Plan
25. Walk Into a Trap
26. I was in Hell and It wasn't Great
27. Real Deal
28. Is It Over?
29. We are in Mess
30. Strings and Chains
31. Trust
32. Sorry
33. Her Choice
34. Our End
Hey, Sexy. Read me.
Special Chapter #1 - The Punishment

35. To Their Next Journey

9.9K 235 58
By imakemyowndestiny

STRINGS AND CHAINS

CHAPTER 35

Note: I don't think this is an epilogue. I see it more like a teaser for the next book. Anyway, things are answered here and I hope this ease your mind. I still consider chapter thirty-four as the ending. Let's just say that this is an extra chapter. Hahaha! This is written in third person point of view for, as I've said, chapter thirty-four is really the ending.

Enjoy marufoks!

***

"Maru, tell me again why you agreed to Lilith?"

"To come back, survive, and live..."

"Why?"

"So I can hug you and Dad again, so I can live with you again."

"So you'll do anything just to be with us, right anak?"

"But Mom—"

"Anak, we're old. This is a selfish wish but we don't want to see our girl to die first before us. You're still young, Maru. There's so much to this world that you still have to see and discover. I don't want you to die like this. So even if that's the only thing that can save you, so be it. We still love you and that's never gonna change."

Her mom made her remember her purpose to live and she clearly remembered it well. They made her feel that she wasn't unwelcomed, that she was still their daughter, and they still love her, human or not.

"I've never seen you so happy. I can clearly see that he makes you happy. That's all what it matters for me, to see you smiling, Maru."

"Thank you, Ma. Thank you so much."

They both accepted Raiden for her and that made her really happy. That was already enough for her to start again.

"I have decided," sagot ni Maru kay Raiden. Humigpit ang pagkakahawak nito sa kanyang kamay. At nararamdaman ni Maru ang pangamba at takot ni Raiden sa susunod nitong maririnig. Raiden was afraid that Maru would chose the latter, that she would turn down Yohan's offer to become like them, a vampire.

There was a long silence between the two. Nagpapakiramdaman sa isa't isa. Huminga ng malalim si Maru at tuluyan na ngang sinabi ang kanyang desisyon.

"I'll leave the decision to you," sagot nito kay Raiden na siyang ikinagulat naman nito. Nagsalubong ang kilay ng binata at tumingin ng nagtataka sa dalaga.

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't really decide," sagot ni Maru saka ito napangiti.

"Why?" tanong ulit nito kaya dito na natawa ang dalaga.

"Kahit alam ng magulang ko na mahal kita, hindi ko alam kung ano bang nararamdaman nila sa 'yo. Hindi ko rin alam kung papayag sila rito. Minsan na akong nagging succubus. Paano naman kapag nalaman nilang naging bampira naman ako? Natatakot ako. Natatakot ako na baka hindi na ako tanggapin ng magulang ko sa susunod.

"Pero hindi rin kitang kayang iwan. I'm torn in between. Sinong pipiliin ko? Ikaw o ang mga magulang ko?"

Raiden could understand Maru's fears and he couldn't blame her. He had no rights to force Maru sa gustong niyang mangyari. Maru loved her parents so much at naiintiindihan niya 'yon. Kaya handa siyang magbigay, handa siyang magparaya, handa siyang isakripisyo ang lahat para sa babaeng minamahal niya.

"Choose them," sagot ni Raiden.

"I'm not going to force you to choose me."

"Why?"

"Because it's not love if I force you to choose me. I love you, so I'll let you decide."

Tuluyan nang tumulo ang mga luha ni Maru nang marinig ang mga sinabi ni Raiden. Oh god, she loved him so much. He respected every single thing about her, he respected her whole being. Could she ever find someone like him? No, there was only one Raiden in the world. And she was not planning to lose him..

"How did you become like this? No offense," sagot ni Maru saka ito tumawa ng mahina.

"I learned it when you became a succubus. I saw fear in your eyes when you saw me that night. I don't want to make you feel afraid, hopeless, and alone again. And I'm sorry for everything that I did. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel I forced you to do things. I was an asshole. So ever since that night, I promised myself that I will understand and respect your decision. I don't really have any rights to demand. It's your life so I'll let you handle and decide things on your own."

Ngumiti si Maru at tumango.

"I understand."

"You taught me a lot of things and I'm grateful to you. So if you want to stay human, I understand. If it's okay for you and then I'll be okay too."

Tumango si Maru at muling huminga ng malalim.

"Then let's do this. Since I only have months or a year to live, let me enjoy and live my remaining time as human. Just a year, just give me a year. Can you wait?"

"Of course, I can," sagot ni Raiden saka nito hinalikan ang kamay ni Maru.

"I also want to know my parent's thoughts about it so I have to come back like this."

Tumango naman si Raiden.

"After a year, come back to me. Tell me you love me as I die in my bed and then I'll leave everything to you. Just remember, I love you. Can you decide with just those words?"

"We'll see after a year."

Raiden looked at her face; her eyes, lips, and nose. Then he shed a tear because he was so happy.

"Do what you have to do. Do you understand?"

"I understand," Raiden said as he kissed her on her lips.

They both understood what they truly want. Even if it cost them sacrifice and pain, they both accepted it. It was just a year. They could do it. They could wait.

Maru would live her remaining time as human and she would die as human.

Then she would come back to Raiden like him, a vampire.

Maru stroked his cheeks and smiled, "Thank you."

After a year, Raiden came to Maru. That night she already knew that she only had hours left to live. She was dying, but she was in fact pissed because Raiden was so late. Nahihirapan na siya at wala na siyang karapatan magreklamo. Hindi naman niya alam na ganito pala kalala ang mangyayari sa kanya. She couldn't even move in her bed. It was hard to do!

"Do what you have to do." She reminded him.

Now she left her fate to Raiden. What was his decision? Anong susunod niyang gawin kay Maru?

"Why do I feel like you don't want to be a vampire?"

Maru couldn't breathe nor answer properly. How was she supposed to answer?

"S-stop teasing me and just do it," nabu-buwisit na sagot ni Maru kaya't natawa na lamang si Raiden.

"Right now?" tanong naman ni Raiden kaya't hindi na maipinta ang mukha ni Maru.

"Waste more time and I'll die," hirap na hirap na sagot nito sa binata.

"But I have to let Lauren do it to you. I can't turn you."

Kumuno-noo si Maru at napapikit na lamang. "Then I'm going to die. This is your fault. You're so late."

Narinig niya muli ang pagtawa ni Raiden. Napapamura na lamang siya sa isip. Mamamatay na siya lahat-lahat pero may gana pa talagang tumawa ito. Maru was still having a hard time to breathe. She was in pain pero tinitiis niya na lamang 'yon.

"Just do it. I can't—I can't wait anymore..."

Dito na sumeryoso ang mukha ni Raiden. "Maru, it's dangerous kapag ako ang gumawa nito. I have to let the others do it."

Maru couldn't answer anymore. Hindi na maipinta ang mukha nito sa sakit na nararamdaman nito. Nakita ni Raiden ang pagbagal ng paghinga ni Maru. Unti-unti na itong bumibigay. There was no time left. The others need to do the turning. Hindi siya dapat ang gumawa nito. It was too dangerous. But Maru had no time left, he needed to do it.

Kinakabahan siya sa mangyayari. Hindi niya alam kung anong puwedeng mangyari kay Maru. This could also lead to her death, but he had to risk it.

"Fuck this," Raiden whispered.

Mabilis siyang lumapit kay Maru. He immediately bit her neck. He finally tasted her sweet warm blood. For years, he was supressing his thirst for her blood and he managed to keep herself safe from him. Now that the blood intoxicated him, he badly wanted more. But he knew he had to stop, so he did.

Tumutulo pa ang dugo mulo sa bibig niya nang lumayo siya sa dalaga. Sinugatan niya ang kanyang kamay at itinutok ito sa bibig ni Maru. Hinayaan niyang tumulo ang kanyang dugo sa bibig nito. At nang masiguro niyang nainom ito ni Maru ay doon na siya tuluyang lumayo.

Ubo ng ubo si Maru sa ginawa ni Raiden. Hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit pinainom siya ng dugo nito. Magsasalita pa sana siya nang makaramdam siya ng matinding pag-init sa kanyang dibdib.

"R-Rai—" Tawag nito sa binata at madali naman siyang nilapitan nito.

She could see his fear in his eyes. He was unsure kung anong mangyayari.

His blood burned her body inside. She could no longer breathe. She was dying. Unti-unti na itong napupuno. Sumuka ng dugo si Maru. Hindi na niya kaya pang tiisin ang sakit at init na nararamdaman niya sa katawan. Bumigay ang kanyang baga. Bumigay na rin ang kanyang puso.

She slowly exhaled and she was just staring at his eyes.

"Rai..." she barely managed to call him but with her last dying breath, she did.

Then her heart finally stopped beating.

Lumunok si Raiden at mas lalong natakot sa nangyari. "Maru..." tawag niya rito.

"Come back to me," bulong niya pa rito.

"Come back," wika niya muli.

Maru wasn't responding anymore. Her mouth was agape and her eyes were wide open. There was blood all over mouth.

"Come on, Maru. Come on!" Raiden shook her body trying wake her up. Hinaplos niya ang pisngi nito, ang buhok nito, naghihintay pa rin sa paggising ng dalaga. It was too long. She should've been awake. She should've come back right now.

He checked her pulse and he waited until he could feel it beating again.

He patiently waited even though it was already killing him. If Maru couldn't come back, he would do anything he could do to take her back. It was a stupid and big mistake. He should've just went to Labyrinth and let the other normal vampire do the turning. But Maru couldn't wait anymore and he took a risk. Now what?

Why couldn't her heart beat again?

He was panicking. He was already planning how to make deals with devils down there just to revive her again. He was so ready to sacrifice his soul in exchange for her.

He was so damn ready for it when he felt it.

He felt her pulse.

It was weak but it was beating.

He looked at her again and was waiting for her. Maru moved a finger. And after a while, Maru took a long breath as if she just came up out of the water. She held onto Raiden's arms and was breathless. She looked at Raiden, confused, while steadying her breathe.

"What happened?" tanong niya rito.

"You died," sagot ni Raiden. The she saw him smiling.

"It worked," wika nito.

"What worked?" tanong ni Maru.

"What do you feel?" tanong ni Raiden.

"I feel weird," sagot ni Maru.

"Maru—"

Kumunot-noo si Maru sa sinabi ni Raiden.

"Maru?"

Kumunot-noo na rin ito.

"What makes you think that I am Maru?" tanong nito sa kanya na siyang ikinabato ni Raiden.

She watched his expression. When she could no longer hold it, she finally burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry—I am Maru. Hahaha! I was just—I'm sorry. Oh God, I'm so sorry."

Hindi naman maipinta ang mukha ni Raiden sa kakatawa ni Maru. To be honest, she looked scary. She was pale and had blood all over her mouth while laughing.

"You look scary. Stop that," sagot ni Raiden. Tinulak ni Raiden pahiga si Maru at tuluyan nang lumayo sa dalaga. Naupo ito sa gilid at huminga ng malalim. That scared him for a little bit. It wasn't a good joke but she was happy so he ignored it.

And she was still laughing.

"I'm sorry," wika ulit ni Maru nang mahimasmasan ito.

"I'm really sorry. It wasn't a good joke. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," sagot ni Raiden saka ito tumingin sa dalaga na ngayon ay nakahiga sa kama habang nakatingin sa kisame.

"What do you feel?"

"The same," sagot ni Maru.

Tumingin siya kay Raiden at doon nagpaliwanag, "I was drowning yet my body felt so hot. It was cold yet it was hot. Isn't it weird? Why did I feel that? And why do I feel normal? I don't feel like a vampire. Kumpara noong naging succubus ako. It was different. Pero bakit ngayon parang walang nagbago? Bumalik lang ang enerhi—"

Then she felt something. She stopped talking and even moving. Tiningnan niya si Raiden at pinakiramdaman ang kanyang katawan. It was the heat again. She could feel it in her chest.

"I'm burning. My body is burning. I can feel it in my chest. How—What should I do—" Maru started panicking at madali naman siyang inalalayan ni Rai paupo. Nagulat si Raiden nang mahawakan niya si Maru. She was really burning and he didn't know why it was happening. Madali niyang binuhat si Maru at tumakbo palabas ng bahay. Isinakay niya ito sa kotse at agad na ipinaandar ito.

Maru stopped talking. She was irritated and in pain.

"It's so hot, Rai. I can't— What the hell is happening to me?"

"The blood is circulating in your body and it's fighting."

Kumunot-noo si Maru. "Fighting?"

"Which will become more dominant, my vampire blood or my werewolf blood," sagot ni Raiden.

"Where are we going?" tanong ni Maru.

"To my brother's house. He'll help us," sagot nito.

"Which brother?" tanong muli ni Maru saka ito napapikit nang mariin nang maramdaman ulit ang paghagod ng init sa kanyang dibdib.

"Alexander."

Tumango-tango si Maru. "Good, puntahan na natin lahat huwag lang si Samuel."

Raiden smirked. Biilisan niya ang pagmamaneho. Alexander's house was a bit far but they could make it. After a five hour ride kung saan puro pagsigaw, pagsipa, at pagtitiis ng sakit ang ginawa ni Maru ay sa wakas nakarating din sila. Agad siyang binuhat ni Raiden at agad na pumasok sa loob ng pamamahay ni Alexander.

Maru had no time to check the house or where they were. She was now in deep pain. She just wanted to rip her body.

"Alexander!" sigaw ni Raiden.

Narinig nila ang malakas na pagbukas ng pinto na tila ba inis na inis ang nagbukas nito.

There, at the railings on the second floor, they saw Alexander with no shirt on, glinting bloody eyes, ready to kill his brother. He looked irritated and displeased when he saw the two. Their sudden intrusion in the middle of the night vexed Alexander.

"I think we interrupted something," bulong ni Raiden.

"Bloody hell," ang tanging naibulong pabalk ni Maru.

"I know I'm the most reliable person in the family but just when I had to do something why do you guys always have to ruin it?"

Alexander was bloody pissed.

"We need help. I'm sorry if I—"

"Oh you ruined it. You two ruined it. I'm so pissed I just want to kill you both."

Bumaba si Alexander at tumingin sa dalawa. He was standing on the stairs, topless, and wearing only his pants. He was looking down at the two when he noticed something different. He smiled; a smile that could haunt you forever.

Sinister.

"Well, well, well... Look what we've got here," wika nito habang nakatingin kay Maru.

"A new born vampire with a werewolf blood but something more is mixed," dugtong pa nito.

"I thought the orb ate everything but looks like it left something." Bumaba ito hanggang sa makalapit sa dalawa.

Ibinaba ni Raiden si Maru at inalalayan itong tumayo.

"What did it left? The contract? Am I still with Lilith's bounds?"

Umiling ito, "You're not. A little succubus blood was left, that's all."

Gulat ang sumunod na nakita niyang reaksyon sa dalawa. Nagkatinginan sina Maru at Raiden saka ito muling tumingin sa kanya.

"That's freaky," komento ni Maru.

"Just don't think about it," wika naman ni Raiden.

"What am I going to do? I'm a freak of all freaks!" nagpa-panic na tanong ni Maru nang maramdaman na naman niya ang paghagod ng init sa kanyang dibdib.

"Come on, we need to do something to ease your pain," wika nito saka ito naglakad paakyat. Ngunit bago ito tuluyang makaakyat ay huminto ito at lumingon sa dalaga.

Ngumiti ito at muling nagsalita, "And welcome to the family."

Tumingin si Maru kay Raiden.

"Is that a good thing?" tanong nito.

Raiden just smiled. "I guess so."

***

AND WE'RE OFF TO ALEXANDER! THAT'S IT MARUFOKS! I HOPE YOU'RE ALL GOOD! LET'S SEE EACH OTHER ON BLOOD SLAVES AND FIND OUT WHAT THE TWO HAD INTERRUPTED! <3

And don't worry, Maru and Raiden will have cameos in the next books. Kasi madami pa talaga. May anim pa.

Also stay tuned! Follow me on my SNS and my announcements here in Watty. I am planning to self-publish SAC. So yes, I want my printed book kasi ang ganda ng cover. Iyon talaga ang dahilan. Hahaha! Pero plano pa lang. Hindi natin alam kung matutuloy. Pero gusto ko talaga kaya baka matuloy. Hahaha!

All right! Thank you once again and I hope to see you in my other stories. I love you all! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.9K 45
Haylee Chris Lim can make your devices explode in just one sitting. That's why she is known as Harm of the Phantom Goddesses. An unfortunate event fr...
77.9K 3.2K 38
|| Wattys 2021 Winner Under Paranormal || She's a normal person, happy with her life despite her parents leaving her with her grandma. Not until she...
26.7K 535 53
[COMPLETED] "Sometimes we are faced with problems to learn a hard and good lesson that will change our lives." Maria Victoria Beau Montenegre or Vi f...
54.6K 4.1K 55
Mula pagkabata ay gusto nang mapabilang ni Fenris sa Order of the Purple Lily, ang elite military force ng continent ng Narguille. Pero merong isang...