35. To Their Next Journey

STRINGS AND CHAINS

CHAPTER 35

Note: I don't think this is an epilogue. I see it more like a teaser for the next book. Anyway, things are answered here and I hope this ease your mind. I still consider chapter thirty-four as the ending. Let's just say that this is an extra chapter. Hahaha! This is written in third person point of view for, as I've said, chapter thirty-four is really the ending.

Enjoy marufoks!

***

"Maru, tell me again why you agreed to Lilith?"

"To come back, survive, and live..."

"Why?"

"So I can hug you and Dad again, so I can live with you again."

"So you'll do anything just to be with us, right anak?"

"But Mom—"

"Anak, we're old. This is a selfish wish but we don't want to see our girl to die first before us. You're still young, Maru. There's so much to this world that you still have to see and discover. I don't want you to die like this. So even if that's the only thing that can save you, so be it. We still love you and that's never gonna change."

Her mom made her remember her purpose to live and she clearly remembered it well. They made her feel that she wasn't unwelcomed, that she was still their daughter, and they still love her, human or not.

"I've never seen you so happy. I can clearly see that he makes you happy. That's all what it matters for me, to see you smiling, Maru."

"Thank you, Ma. Thank you so much."

They both accepted Raiden for her and that made her really happy. That was already enough for her to start again.

"I have decided," sagot ni Maru kay Raiden. Humigpit ang pagkakahawak nito sa kanyang kamay. At nararamdaman ni Maru ang pangamba at takot ni Raiden sa susunod nitong maririnig. Raiden was afraid that Maru would chose the latter, that she would turn down Yohan's offer to become like them, a vampire.

There was a long silence between the two. Nagpapakiramdaman sa isa't isa. Huminga ng malalim si Maru at tuluyan na ngang sinabi ang kanyang desisyon.

"I'll leave the decision to you," sagot nito kay Raiden na siyang ikinagulat naman nito. Nagsalubong ang kilay ng binata at tumingin ng nagtataka sa dalaga.

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't really decide," sagot ni Maru saka ito napangiti.

"Why?" tanong ulit nito kaya dito na natawa ang dalaga.

"Kahit alam ng magulang ko na mahal kita, hindi ko alam kung ano bang nararamdaman nila sa 'yo. Hindi ko rin alam kung papayag sila rito. Minsan na akong nagging succubus. Paano naman kapag nalaman nilang naging bampira naman ako? Natatakot ako. Natatakot ako na baka hindi na ako tanggapin ng magulang ko sa susunod.