Hue - The Kingdom of Dahlia

Par AnnikaS010900

Enter the nation of Carmica In the 30th century where another form of caste system was abided - The Hue A re... Plus

Prologue
One - The Little Princess
Two - One Way Mirror
Three - Bronze Ring
Four - The Commander
Five - Trip in Paradise
Six - Till Death Shall Part
Seven - Golden Secrets
Eight - When in Quince
Ten - The Pink Jade
Eleven - Chick Flick
Twelve - Wallow in my Pillow
Thirteen - Not Real
Fourteen - Date Number Three
Fifteen - Brown for a Minute
Sixteen - One Day More
Seventeen - Freedom?
Eighteen - Preferably War
Nineteen - Inevitable
Twenty - Ever After
Epilogue

Nine - Hear The Drums?

9 2 0
Par AnnikaS010900

Over two weeks have passed since the incident and Damian never stepped out of the Quincean palace while things in Dahlia were as usual. I heard that the reason why the Blacks rebelled was because they were against the Gold wedding.

Most of them were caught while others still managed to escape. They explained that they didn't want real trouble and only wanted to scare both Kingdoms by talking me and Damian out of the wedding. They claimed that the maid's death was a mere accident as the guns they had were supposed to be blanks.

Being a wise and forgiving ruler, King Ethan knew that it was not worth it to anger more Blacks by killing this group of rebels who were over fifty in total. He gave them a sentence of ten years in prison. It was l something for them to be really thankful for because if I were to decide, they deserved death as they committed treason.

In my personal and honest opinion, I think that the King didn't make a big deal of the incident because he knew that Leigh and Damian were together and he subconsciously took advantage of the situation. Levi also thought the same when I told him about it.

"Audrey, Prince Damian's here to see you." Levi said after listening to his earpiece while standing at the doorway of the North Wing where I was doing my lazy afternoon reading sessions.

During the whole two weeks, all I could think about was if Damian even gave a little thought about my confession. Now that Leigh was no longer here, I was really sad for Damian and her but I couldn't help but feel a little hope for myself. I couldn't wait to see him.

"Let him in." I ordered as I closed my book and placed it on the coffee table.

"Don't keep your hopes up, Princess. He may still be hurting." Levi reminded before he went out to escort Damian in.

When I told Levi about me confessing to Damian, he didn't take it so well. For around three days, he did what he did the first time he received the ring. He gave me the cold shoulder again. Luckily it didn't last that long and he started rubbing his love on my face in no time.

I anxiously waited for about thirty seconds before Damian made his way in the North Wing. Levi still stood by to watch over me with a very serious look like always. If it isn't clear yet, Damian and Levi never really got along so well.

"Hey, Audrey! Did you miss me?" Damian greeted as he came closer like nothing happened at all. He probably didn't want to think about any of it so I decided to play along.

"Of course!" I exclaimed as I stood up. I hope I wouldn't act too weird.

"You never visited me for a long time." I said as I returned the hug he gave me.

While hugging Damian, I saw Levi rolling his eyes while standing by the doorway. I gave him an angry look.

"Go away." I mouthed to him with my eyes opened wide. As expected, he just stood there, smirked then shook his head.

"How are you and Piper? Did you get by fast?" Damian casually asked as we both sat down the couch.

"We're good." I answered with a nod.

"And you?" I hesitated a bit. No one can ever be good after the death of someone they love.

"Still getting there, I guess?" He said with a little sigh.

We talked about other things for a while like what Quince planned on doing to increase security. We also discussed on upcoming programs to lessen threats and avoid attacks. I was starting to wonder if he even remembered about what I said to him that day. I told him that I love him, I cried like an idiot in front of him and now, he's acting like none of those happened.

Just when I was about to question the clarity of his memory that day, he unexpectedly took me by the hand.

"Not to be rude but can I speak to you in private again?" Damian asked nicely implying to kick Levi out of the room.

Don't mind if I do.

"Levi, would you please give us a minute?" I requested. Levi had no choice but to obey so he walked out.

"Listen, Audrey. I've been thinking." Damian started to talk in a much more serious manner with his head directed to the ground. I just listened and kept quiet as usual. He then looked up to me and I saw those dark blue eyes again.

"Our friendship matters to me more than anything else in this world right now." He said as he tightened his grip.

"Now, I'm not going to lie. Leigh was the one I truly loved but she's gone. If you can just give me the chance to properly prove myself to you and the time to fully love you, it would be my greatest pleasure." He tried his best to put his thoughts into words without hurting me. I didn't really know how to reply so I decided to break the solemnity of this conversation.

"Damian, in case you forgot, I already love you so you don't need to prove yourself." I started in a slight joking manner so he smiled while letting some air through his nose.

"And second, I never wanted to force you into loving me. Just bear with me. Tolerate our wedding." I said as I slowly let go of his hand.

"Let's try to spend time together! At seven tomorrow, let's sneak out as commoners and catch a movie. What do you say?" He suggested. I can see his efforts in trying to love me which, quite frankly, is very pitiful on my part.

"I really shouldn't, Damian." I said as I tried to sit a bit further away from him.

There was an awkward silence for a moment. So I decided to change the topic.

"Anyway, I was thinking that we should hold a charity event this comi--"

"What if I told you, I may have had feelings for you before Leigh." Damian quickly interrupted with a bittersweet smile.

That drum in my heart came to visit again. I can barely contain it but all that came out of my mouth was:

"Huh?" I spaced out for a while.

"Come on, Audrey. Why won't you let me love you?" He asked with those sincere blue eyes.

"Fine. But you should really get going for now." I said as I stood to escort him to the North Wing's exit/entrance. It was quite silent when we walked towards the doorway.

"So, see you tomorrow at seven?" He said with a hopeful look before I handed him over to Levi. I thought for a second. Is this even a good idea? Should I really go?

Who am I kidding?

"See you, your Highness." I said as I closed the door. Oh my gosh! We're going on our very first date.

The next day, our original plan to sneak out didn't push through but instead, we simply asked permission from our Gold parents.

They allowed us and so Damian came to pick me up in a regular looking car. We were both professionally dressed up as Reds. He wore a black V-neck shirt with a pair of everyday looking jeans and a black cap. I wore ripped jeans with a white crop top that says 'Dope' and sneakers of course.

"Into your carriage, my lady." Damian said as he opened the door for me and held out his hand.

I just gave out a little dainty giggle before I took his hand and stepped inside the car. He followed in right after me. Levi didn't come with us today. He insisted on 'protecting me' quote and quote. However, I knew he just wanted to be around me and Damian so I forced him not to come.

At first, I thought we were going to be a bit different the whole car ride but I was wrong. We talked about everything and anything just like old times. When we reached the movie house, the place was packed.

"Come, let's sit here." Damian said when we found a less crowded area in the movie house.

"Is it okay if you reserve this seat while I get us something to eat?" He asked while gesturing to stand.

"Sure! Go ahead." I said as he stood to leave.

I fixed my hair and sprayed on a little perfume while he was away. I checked if there was anything on my face and teeth using a little pocket mirror.

BZZZ BZZZ

My phone vibrated signaling that I was receiving a call. I looked at the screen to see who was calling.

Levi Dawson

BEEP

I declined the call. I won't let him disturb me. Not today.

BZZZ BZZZ

He called again.

Fine, Fine!

"What?" I whispered since the movie house was already getting quiet.

"Woah! I can't believe you answered when you're on your first date." I heard Levi's annoying voice through the phone.

"If this isn't important, I'm hanging up because Damian will be back soon and the movie's about to start." I whispered angrily.

"Wait, what? What do you mean he will be back? Where is your stupid prince? How dare he leave you alone! I knew he was no food." Levi ranted in rage mode.

"Calm down! He's just buying me food, Levi! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a movie to watch and a prince to cuddle with." I said in a bossy manner as if rubbing it on his ear.

"What if something will happen to you while he's gone? What if he --"

"Bye, Levi!" I said as I hung up on him.

I'm going to regret that later. What if he might start to ignore me again?

Nah! I don't care.

I saw Damian walking towards me with two ice cream cones and some popcorn.

"Here you go, Princess." Damian said as he sat and handed over one cone to me.

"Thank you." I smiled as I received the sweet treat. I tried to study the color of the ice cream in the darkness. It looked white or cream.

"That's vanilla flavored. It's my favorite." Damian said when he probably saw me struggling to see the color properly.

"Oh! That's nice." I said while trying to sound more grateful. I didn't really like vanilla but I don't care.

Damian bought me ice cream!

Somewhere in the middle of the movie, when we both finished our food, Damian held my hand so I did too. He leaned a bit closer to me. I can feel the warmth of his arm that was touching mine. I can smell the scent of his manly perfume. I wonder if he smelled mine. I don't know if it's alright but I couldn't help it so I placed my head on his shoulder while watching the rest of the romantic drama.

"Audrey." He whispered.

"Hm?" I replied.

"This may be our first date but it's not like we just met, right?" He said as he slightly moved as if fixing his position.

I turned to face him a little just to see that he was already facing me. Those blue eyes of his have never been closer to mine before.

I scanned his face and then briefly glanced down to his perfect lips. Mine felt dry so I tried to lick them subtly.

"So, we're not exactly strangers, Princess." He said as he placed some hair away from my face and then rested his warm hand on my cheek.

I'm going to have my first kiss with Damian!

I closed my eyes and waited for the moment I have been waiting for my whole life.

And then,

BZZZ BZZZ.

My phone vibrated and destroyed the mood.

"I'm sorry." I said as I pulled away from Damian. He clearedhis throat and sat up straight to continue with the movie. I checked my phone and just as I expected, it was Levi.

I was so mad that I declined the call and switched my phone off. I don't think I can build the vibe up again.

The movie just ended. Credits popped out and the lights went on. A bunch of people stood to leave.

Damn you, Levi.

We made our way back to the Dahlian Palace at around nine thirty at night. When I got out of the car and stood by the palace entrance I felt so lacking.

"Goodnight. Thanks for today!" I said as I was about to enter the gates.

"Audrey, wait." Damian said as he took me by the hand again.

"I have something for you." He said as he took out a velvet box from his pocket. He opened it to reveal a silver necklace with Quince flowers as a pendant.

"Consider this as my first step in making you the future queen of Quince." He said as I turned around for him to place the necklace around my neck.

When he was done, he rested his hands on my shoulders which made me turn my head to face him.

To my surprise, he gave me a quick peck on my cheek. He then quickly went into the car and waved goodbye when the guards finally opened the gate for me.

I went to bed that night thinking that it was the best day ever.

"Tell me everything!" Piper busted into my room at seven in the morning. She opened the curtains to reveal the bright sun.

"Later!" I said as I went under my sheets.

"Yeah, Audrey! Tell us!" I heard Levi's mockingly annoying voice again before the door shut. After a few minutes of trying to wake me up, I finally gave in.

"Alright, Alright!" I said as I sat up while still half-wrapped around my sheets. Piper sat by my side while Levi pulled the dresser chair closer.

"Well, nothing much happened. He bought me some ice cream, he gave me a necklace with a little Quince flower pendant, we almost kissed in the movie house, and --"

"You almost what now?" Levi cut me off as he suddenly stood up while Piper squealed.

"Aaaaah! So romantic!" Piper hugged me tightly and shook me back and forth.

"But why just almost?" She then let go of me to ask.

"Because SOMEONE called and destroyed our moment." I said as I looked straight at Levi with my eyes wide open.

"Yes!" Levi cheered while forming a little fist.

"At least he still kissed me outside the palace before I came in." I said while looking at Piper to which she squealed again.

"What?" Levi said in such dismay while putting his hand on his chest.

"Relax, it's just a cheek kiss." I said while looking at Levi.

"Audrey, I think you should stop going out with him. Just marrying him is one thing. Seeing him and kissing him is a whole other story." Levi strictly gave an opinion as if he was my Father.

"What's wrong with you, Levi? Shouldn't you be happy for her? That the one she would marry likes her back now?" Piper sort of scolded Levi as she stood up for me.

Go sister!

"Didn't she tell you that I love her?" Levi said so casually that I choked a bit after drinking some water by my nightstand.

"What?" Piper clarified in disbelief.

"What can I do? She made me love her and I had no other choice but to do so." Levi casually explained again while walking closer towards me.

"Audrey? What's going on?" Piper was still so lost. I had no other choice but to explain everything to Piper. Everything about the ring, the spell, the grey eyes and the whole Levi and I are connected thing.

"Whew! At least it's not real love." Piper said in relief.

"I have to go finish some charm school assignments. So happy for you!" Piper said as she hugged me then stood to leave.

Right after Piper shut the door, Levi smirked while slowly sitting next to me. He suddenly placed an arm around me.

"What are you doing?" I looked up to him with a weirded out expression.

He just smiled and stared at me with those bewitched grey eyes. I looked away but before I can free myself, he locked me into his strong grip that I can feel his firm arm pressed against my back. He placed his mouth close to my ear. I felt his breathing which gave me tingles down my spine.

"How sure are you?" He whispered. "What?"

"How sure are you that this isn't real?" He said before he loosened his grip, let me go and left.

I just rolled my eyes.

I can't wait to find someone for Levi, to marry Damian, and to finally break this spell!

Before I was able to finally get off my bed to officially start my day, I felt a little weird.

Huh?

What's this?

I slowly placed my hand on my chest.

... why did the drums come visit again?

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

942K 24.9K 61
Vivienne didn't believe in vampires until she started to suspect her prince might be one. Which will she sacrifice - humanity or love? ...
1.1K 236 35
My name is Kalista. They call me the beast. Kalista has been cursed by a powerful sorceress and is now a prisoner in her own palace. As petals fall f...
277K 10.8K 28
Straight, raven-haired people, they possess unique and unusual abilities; they have such strange power or can it be magic? They are once the healers...
19.6K 1.3K 20
After an excruciatingly painful experience, Mageia finds out she is not just the thief with purple eyes, but she is the Fairest of Valeera. A demi-go...