Mixing of Snow and Sand

By kat1315

Mia Hosaka, the only survivor from the Village Hidden in the Snow, a village long forgotten from the attack o... More

Chapter 1: A Village Long Forgotten
Chapter 2: Connections of the Past
Chapter 3: Demonic Sand
Chapter 4: Cursed
Chapter 5: Someone Precious...
Chapter 6: One Month
Chapter 7: Temari's Wind
Chapter 8: Gaara's Demon
Chapter 9: Childhood Memories
Chapter 10: Forced Out
Chapter 12: Change of Scenery
Chapter 13: A New Beginning
Chapter 14: Hosaka Legacy
Chapter 15: Kisame and Itachi
Chapter 16: Rescue Attempt
Chapter 17: Haku
Chapter 18: Clouded Truth
Chapter 19: A New Technique
Chapter 20: Her Answer
Chapter 21: The Curse Grows
Chapter 22: The Night Everything Changed
Chapter 23: Body Guard
Chapter 24: A Month Later
Chapter 25: Brother vs. Sister
Chapter 26: Sasuke Retrieval
Chapter 27: A Choice to Make
Chapter 28: True to Yourself
Chapter 29: Osore Reveals
Chapter 30: Shei's True Form
Chapter 31: Breaking the Link
Chapter 32: Truth Behind the Wolves
Chapter 33: Reason for Happiness
Chapter 34: New Kazekage
Chapter 35: Surprise Attack
Chapter 36: Argument
Chapter 37: Hope
Chapter 38: Back Home
Chapter 39: Sad Truth
Chapter 40: The Akatsuki
Chapter 41: Transfusion
Chapter 42: Emergency Surgery & Jonin Level
Chapter 43: Gone...
Chapter 44: Bide our Time
Chapter 45: Goodbye
Chapter 46: Truth of the Osore
Chapter 47: Darkness Consumes
Chapter 48: Orochimaru's Betrayal
Chapter 49: Shei's Story
Chapter 50: Chatting
Chapter 51: The Akatsuki Strike
Chapter 52: Day Off
Chapter 53: Madara

Chapter 11: Village Hidden in the Sand

53 2 0
By kat1315

Over the next several days I was caught dodging Itachi several times. My chakra was running low, Artemis and I were both exhausted and I had several new wounds that slowed me down more.

Mia, you should rest.

"I can't, Artemis. We have to get to the Sand Village." I panted as we continued towards the village. The scenery had changed to a sand storm and I knew we were getting closer.

Your wounds, they're getting worse.

"I know...we can rest when we meet Gaara." I could slightly see the entrance to the village coming into view. "We're almost there. One last push." I said more to myself than Artemis.

"You're not going anywhere!" I moved to the left as I sensed him. His sword crashing down on the ground. Artemis and I slid to a stop, the village was so close but I could feel my energy fading.

Itachi appeared at his side.

"Stop resisting and just come quietly." He stated.

"Never...not after you killed Apollo..." I panted and clutched my shoulder. There was a long cut from that stupid shark's sword.

"Must you be so difficult?" I made my Osore appear. "It would appear you still have some chakra left. So be it, I'll wear you down until you can't stand anymore." He vanished and I only had a second to react by jumping back. His speed was impressive, I barely had any time to dodge his attacks. I jumped back once more panting. The Osore was the only thing keeping me alive right now, if not then I would have been rendered unconscious by Itachi's sharingan.

He looked as if he was about to strike again when sand surrounded them. I looked behind me and saw Gaara and Temari coming with several other sand ninjas.

"We'll retreat for now. We aren't here for a massive fight." Itachi stated before they vanished. My Osore faded away and I collapsed to my knees.

Mia! Mia, stay with me! Artemis cried out as I felt my vision start to blur.

"Mia, are you alright!" Temari reached me first and assessed my injuries.

"How is she, Temari?" Gaara's voice appeared on my right side.

"She's got some bad injuries. She's exhausted, she's used almost all of her chakra. But Mia, where's Apollo?" She asked and I felt the tears before I could stop them.

"He's dead...they killed him..." They said nothing as Gaara picked me up. "Artemis, can you fill them in?" I whispered.

Of course, rest now Mia. You've earned it. I shut my eyes and allowed myself to sink into the realm of unconsciousness.

~

"So, who are you two?" I whispered as Orochimaru disappeared.

My name's Apollo, this is my sister Artemis. We're snow wolves that reside outside where this village once stood. The male wolf spoke proudly.

"It's nice to meet you two...why are you here though?" I shivered.

We came because we sensed Orochimaru's presence. However, we didn't expect to find a survivor of the village. When we saw the smoke and flames, we assumed everyone had been killed. The female wolf spoke with a soft tone, like a mother.

"I see..."

Why did you come back? Apollo asked, his head turning to sniff the air.

"I...wanted to see if there was anything that survived other than me...I guess I was mistaken..." I crouched down and placed my hands in the snow. The cold felt inviting as the tears froze to my cheeks. "My mom...my dad...and even my brother...they're all gone..." I hiccuped with each word spoken. Artemis came to my side and leaned into me.

What's your name?

"Mia...Hosaka..."

Mia, that's a very pretty name. Did your mother give you that name?

"yes..."

Artemis, we should be going.

Apollo, we can't just leave her here.

She is none of our concern!

Apollo! Look at her, she's just a little girl...she has nothing left to go back to, please.

Ugh...fine, but you're taking care of her.

Come Mia, we'll make sure that you are safe.

"Thank you, Apollo, Artemis."

~

I forced my eyes open after some time in the dark and I was greeted by moonlight coming in through a window. I turned my head to the right, seeing the window. The moon was high in the sky, it was beautiful no matter where in the world you were. I made an attempt to sit but the burning pain in my shoulder made me lay back down.

You shouldn't try to move. They had to bandage you up pretty good in order to stop the wound from killing you. Artemis' voice rose in the darkness. I looked to the left and saw her standing there.

"Artemis..."

You're safe now, Mia. I promise. Gaara and Temari have given me their word that they will do everything in their power to keep you safe.

"What about you...?"

Mia, there's something I have to tell you...something Apollo and I didn't want to tell you until you were ready. With Apollo gone, I feel that you have to know the truth now.

"The truth...?"

When your village was destroyed the wolves that guarded and protected the village were also killed. Didn't you ever notice that there were never any other wolves around?

I nodded.

When your mother and father were killed, they used the last of their chakra to transfer their spirits into two wolves. Are you understanding now?

My eyes went wide as I looked at Artemis. The motherly feeling she had always given me. It couldn't be that this whole time my mother was protecting me with my father training me.

"Mom..." She smiled, it looked wrong for a wolf. But right for a mother.

I knew you would find out one day. I had hoped we would have more time together. But as their are hellos, there are also goodbyes...

"What do you mean?" I sat up, despite it burning through my whole body.

I mean, that now you know the truth...it is time for me to leave you. Your father and I wanted to take care of you until you were strong enough to defend yourself. Itachi knew and thats why it was time to tell you the truth.

"Mom...please you can't leave me again...you and dad protected me with your lives. I..." I trailed off as I looked down.

You've always been strong, Mia. I know you'll grow even stronger. Goodbye...my beloved daughter.

Her body started to glow and fade away into nothing.

"Mom!" I screamed but she was gone. My heart rate monitor was going crazy as I struggled to pull out the IVs. The door opened and the lights flickered on, which temporarily blinded me.

"Mia, stop! What are you doing!" Temari yelled as she forced me down. Gaara and his other brother rushed in.

"Temari, what's going on?" Gaara came to my side and when he saw the look on my face he put a hand on Temari's shoulder. "Mia, what happened? You haven't had a look on your face like this since we were kids. It was right after your grandmother passed away."

"...Apollo and Artemis...dad and mom...I..." I couldn't think straight.

"Mia, look at me. Just take a couple deep breaths and talk to me." I looked Gaara in the eyes. Allowing myself to calm down as a doctor came in.

"Artemis, told me that...when my village was destroyed...my mother and father transferred their spirits into two wolves...those wolves were Apollo and Artemis..." I struggled with my own pain to get out.

"It would make sense...but where's Artemis now?" He asked.

"She's gone...when she told me the truth...she died..." Gaara grabbed my hand.

"Mia, I'm so sorry."

"I have no one in this world anymore..." I let go of his hand and allowed myself to fall back asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 499 43
Michigo Kagami is 13 and the last of her clan and the only one to have survived. Since she was the last of her clan she was taken by Orochimaru to be...
2.9K 62 30
In the Village of the Hidden Leaf, there lived a young girl named Misaki. Abandoned by her parents as a child, she was sent to the academy to train a...
833K 26.7K 46
The remains of the Fourth Shinobi War are three people. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. They are the only ones left. With his last strength, Naruto uses a...