The Twisted Tale of A Towel H...

By InayaSher

Salma was your average hijabi. She was modest, polite... sometimes and very strict with her grades. That is u... More

Chapter 1 Project Pals
Chapter 2 The New Guy
Chapter 3 Supply Shopping
Chapter 5 Mungnis and Toddlers
Chapter 6 Mission break out
Chapter 7- Tragedy ail
Chapter 8 Pep talks and Pools
Chapter 9 CPR with a side of sniffles
Chapter 10 Newguy and Playboy
Chapter 11: Apple juice and Bollywood
Chapter 12 Locker rooms with RED!!!
PRAY FOR PAKISTAN!!
Chapter 14 Pakistani Idol?!
Chapter 15 Bilal's Surprise
Chapter Entry Contest

Chapter 4 Mall Mischief

372 22 17
By InayaSher

After watching the film and wiping away a few tears I put my laptop away and finished of the popcorn. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair before snuggling into bed thinking about all the love and Ryan gosling.

When I woke up the next morning and saw the light emerging from my blinds I quickly submerged under my blanket.

My stomach started to grumble meaning it was time for some food.

I grabbed a scarf and wrapped it around my neck incase we get any surprise visits which usually happens.

I looked at the time.

'12:05'

Mom and dad were probably still sleeping or working.

I made my way to the kitchen I got some cocoa puffs from the cupboard and made nice bowl of cereal.

I walked over to the t.v and started watching my favourite show.

'CakeBoss'

Man I wish I lived in New Jersey.

I watched them make an enormous sweet 16 cake for Mario's daughter untill the phone wrung.

It was Ishell, one of my best friends. She was acually the closest and bestest friend I have.

Me and her have a group of friends too who were my bestest friends to but Ishell was my closest. I met her in kindergarten and we've been togather since, well until she moved last year and started going to Rivercresent high instead of Eugene Greyson mostly because Rivercresent is like a 1 minuite walk from her house. But the ought our years togather we met other people likeYasmeen, and Soha. Eventually we made a small gang.

" Hey!" she said in her typical squeaky voice, heck she was half the size of me!"

" What's up?"

"Nothing, just called to se what you were up to ."

"Well I'm eating and watching t.v"

" Fascinating."

I lifted my spoon of cereal and chomped it down while watching Mario dancing with his daughter.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to come over. I invited Yasmeen but Soha isn't picking up."

I kind of wanted today be a low and chillaxing day but I haven't been over to Ishells house for like 2 weeks.

" Sure, let me ask my mom and my brother."

" Okay."

I finished my cereal and disposed if the dishes in the sink before among my way up to my moms room.

She was sleeping and so was my dad.

"Hey mom can I go to Ishell's house today?"

I his peers slightly nudging her on the shoulder.

She moaned before turning under the cover with little tuff of her hair popping out.

" Mom can I go?"

She finally turned to me and my dad snored.

" What?"

"Can I go to Ishell's house? please"

" Fine just leave me alone."

And then she huddled under the covers.

I walked over to my brother's room and saw half of him on the bed and the other half on the floor.

I am so proud of him

( note sarcasm)

I poked his face to see if he was awake which he obviously wasn't but it was fun.

" Bilal. Bilal! BILAL! WAKEUP!"

He jolted awake all dumb and confused. His hair was sticking up and the comforter slipped of.

When he saw my his eyes drooped and he slammed a pillow on his face.

"Bilal. can you drive me to Ishell's house?"

" Mmmnngggoof."

"Bilal please!"

" Can't you see I'm sleeping!!!"

His reaction nearly toppled me over.

" Sorry, I just wanted to ask you if you could drop me by Ishell's house. I mean well bit know but maybe in an hour or something, when your awake."

" Couldn't you ask me in an hour, when I'm awake!?"

True

" a alright I'm sorry but can you please just drop me off."

" No"

" I'll torment you so you won't sleep."

"Your bluffing."

" No I'm not."

" Moms asleep, you'll wake her up too and I know you din want that."

"AND I WAS LIKE BABY, BABY, BABY, OOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!"

The whole room shook and Bilals eyes were widened.

" ALRIGHT!"

I stopped and started to smile.

YAS!

suddenly,I heard loud footsteps coming down the hall.

I turned my phone to full volume-and threw it on Bilal's bed before hiding behind the door.

The song Baby erupted from my phone and my mom barged into his room.

Bilal didn't have time to process anything until mom came in.

She whispered yelled at him for playing stupid music so load when everyone was sleeping an then she stomped away.

When I came out from behind the door I quickly grabbed my phone and smiled.

" SheDevil"

" You never know about me."

" You know, I need a day off and getting rid of you is the key,And I know that you want this but I'm going to be a good person and take my little sis to her friends house."

Smiling I left his room and changed into a brown skirt with a chestnut scarf.

I picked up my phone and dialled Ishell.

" Hey."

"Hey."

"What time should I come over?"

"How about in half an hour or now if your available."

"Okay."

We talked for about 5 minutes until my brother came downstairs.

" Hurry up Salma! let's go!"

My brother's keys jingled in his hands as he made his way down.

" That's a first. you're eager to drop me off."

" The sooner your gone the more happier I am."

I just rolled my eyes before following him into his car.

As we drove to Ishell's house the hot wind blew in my face. it was almost the middle of May and it was getting hot way to quickly.

Curse global warming.

In about 3 minutes flat we arrived at her drive way.

Right as I stepped out of the car and closed the door Bilal bolted towards home.

" Well goodbye to you too."

I muttered under my breathe.

I adjusted my scarf and walked to her house. the door swung open and Ishell greeted me with a creepy perverted face as I did to her. we started to laugh and made our way to her room while saying uh to her parents who were in their room.

We entered her room which was black and covered with neon furniture, quotes and posters.

Yasmeen was on the floor rummaging through photos that were sprawled across the rugs.

" hey"

I greeted her back and sat crossed legged on the rug with her.

Ishell came in with chocolate bars while hopping up and down, her long wavy hair whipping in the air.

"Here." she said and she tossed one to each of us.

Turns out that they were looking through photos to put up on Ishell's wall. like a collage.

" So what's up with you?" Yasmeen asked. her silvery scarf was draped loosely around her head since there were no guys around. tuffs of bubblegum pink hair poked through.

Yasmeen died her hair about 2 months before she started wearing hijab which I though looked really cool. I begged my mom to dye my hair even though no one would really see it but I thought it would just look cool for me personally.

" Why ruin your hair? it's so beautiful and healthy. Dying it would be dumb especially since no one would see it."

She said.

After laughing at some stupid pictures and taking more with Ishell's antique camera, you know the ones that print out the picture right after you take it.

We plastered the pictures on the wall and found some White Eid lights in the basement that we surrounded the pictures with.

To be honest I loved it and wished I thought of the idea. well I thought of the lights idea but still.

Later we watched some YouTube videos and baked cupcakes which totally went wrong and nearly set the house on fire. Gladly, ishell's parents left before we started baking and would be furious if they saw the mess.

For about half an hour we watched TV and munched on the chocolate, slightly burned cupcakes. after a while we got bored and I got bad stomach ache.

Curse those cupcakes from hell!!!

I found some aspirin and swallowed it down before going back to the living room and plopping down on the couch.

" So what do you want to do now?"

" How about we go to the mall? it'll be fun and I brought some money." said Yasmeen and pulled 20 dollars out of her wallet.

I brought some money to mostly because I bring my purse everywhere and my wallet is in their.

Only 25$

" That's a great idea! but Kashuf took the car and my parents took the other one."

" God I hardly even see your sister. shes's been gone when ever I come."

Said Yasmeen while folding her money.

" I know it's been going on for about 3 months. she says she wants to get good grades on her exams and papers, I don't know"

" How about we take the bus." I said while scrummaging through my wallet.

" Great then let's go!"

We put the dishes away and walked over to the bus stop. Ishell called her parents telling them they'll be at the mall. I figured that when we get back I may as well ride home from the bus because Bilal is probably out or busy.

Ishell was the only one with change and offered that she would pay for the bus tickets.

We found some seats near the back and sat down. we talked the entire time untill my heart stopped and eyes widened.

Ashton.

He was sitting one seat behind us on the right with his hands on Elizabeth who was wearing her usual getup. tanktop and skirt.

Man, is Ashton taking this relationship seriously because this is definitely a record for him.

I tried not to look at him and I don't think he saw me either but unfortunately Elizabeth did. her face scrunched up and she looked away.

My friends noticed the look on my face and that I wasn't talking.

Ishell turned around and saw Ashton and then looked back at me.

"Is that Ashton Ramsey?" She asked.

I nodded.

" Boy, it looks like he didn't change a bit," she said.

I just nodded again.

" What's up with you? And why were you looking at Ashton?" she said.

Yasmeen who had no idea who Ashton was kept asking questions and looking back at him saying how cute he was or whatever.

Oh Yasmeen not you too.

Be strong my friend be strong, don't let him pull you in.

" He's my partner for some project, that's all."

Ishell just smiled. " sure, okay."

"I don't like him if that's what your saying besides he's stupid, a show off and is way to shallow."

But my friends just nodded their heads.

When we got of I quickly pushed my friends into the mall making sure Ashton hadn't seen me. When we got in they bombarded me with questions and jokes about how we were made for each other and that I was what Ashton needed and I turned bright red.

" I don't freaking like him!! okay!!" I practically screamed but my friends just laughed.

" So Salma, how is it working with Ashton?" Ishell asked.

" Dumb. He keeps calling me sweetheart, is pretending to be an angel to my family, way to stuck up and annoying. I mean sometimes he's funny and to be honest he's understan-"

I broke off and noticed how hot my face was and how google eyed my friends looked.

" aha!! you practically complimented him and called him understanding!" shrieked Ishell while Yasmeen just made kissy faces.

" I mean, well he's okay but it's always an act. he just does it so I can play right into him."

The two were practically laughing their butts off.

Being super annoyed I saw Aeropostale in the distance and ushered them to come trying to change the subject.

The two of them grabbed some clothes and started to change in the cubicles while I waited on a bench outside.

Finally some time to think.

Never mind.

I looked to my left and saw Ashton and some red head girl near the food court.

Boy this guy thinks that everyplace is his personal bedroom. but realization dawned upon me.

He's making out with her.

Um ew

I looked around but couldn't see Elizabeth anywhere.

Yep, typical playboy Ashton. I knew this hookup wouldn't last long.

I went inside the store just so he wouldn't spot me not like he would anyways, and saw Ishell and Yasmeen near the counter.

" I found this cute top on sale for only 10$ " Said Yasmeen and Ishell looked like she was holding some flats.

After we paid, we decided to go to star bucks to get something then walk around more.

We all walked over there and each got a lemonade.

Yum!

We sat on a table and began chatting away. After a whole I saw Ashton who was reunited with Elizabeth again walking towards us.

When Ashton saw me he smirked and waved at me but I tried to look away. Ishell and Yasmeen noticed this and were practically watching us like it was a movie.

He seated Elizabeth in a table a few metres across from us and slowly made his way over.

Please, please, please Allah! save me! Anything to prevent talking to Ashton!

Surprisingly my prayer came true but not exactly as I wanted it. well I did say anything.

When Ashton was walking over he numbed into another guy and that other guy was Ahmed.

O M G like why!

Ahmed being startled apologized to Ashton but saw me in the corner of his eye. He made his way over and Ashton confused watched him.

" Oh, hi Salma and Salma's friends."

My friends were gaping wide open.

What a plot twist for their little show.

" Hey AHMED I said a bit loud so Ashton could hear." I don't know why? I told him that I had a crush on Ahmed which wasn't a lie but for some reason I just wanted him to know that this was Ahmed.

God I'm so dumb.

Ashton like the confident and big ego guy he was didn't say anything and just stared which surprised me cause I thought that my mistake would lead to him becoming Ahmed's bro and confess my so called messed up feelings about him.

Another surprisingly thing was that me and Ahmed had a normal conversation I guess. we talked about my school, his school, my brother, what I was doing here before he bid us goodbye and left the place.

My friends just goggled at him and then at me. They said that why do I know all the good looking guys but honestly I don't know.

I told them he was my brother's friend and he's been coming over a lot and they totally went ballistic.

" OMG Salma he is so good looking!"

" Well I admit he is cute and to be honest I sort of like him."

" OMG you have a crush on him!"

Squeezed Ishell and she smiled a toothy grin.

" I wouldn't blame you." said Tasmeen and she kept looking back to try to get a glimpse at him again."

"Well I mean it's been like 3 days or something of me knowing him so it's nothing big just that he good looking and nice that's it, I wouldn't say its a crush but more like he's one point up from the normal feeling about any other guy. a crush would be like a 2 or 3 ."

But my friends didn't make fun of me, they were practically going bananas over him, asking me how old he his and where he lives.

Stalkers.

" Wow Salma, I think Ashton has some competition for you." said Yasmeen and quickly tried for her to lower her voice since he's like right next to us.

" Naah, I think Ahmed is way better looking than Ashton which I thought would be impossible." said Ishell and I just stared at her

HA! Ashton. someone is better looking than you! I wonder how you feel. maybe this could slap some sense in him and maybe lower is ego. I wonder if he's sulking still trying to sink in what Ishell just said because I hope so. I mean she says it loud enough for anyone in the coffe shop to hear.

I started to laugh and turned around to see if Ashton was listening but him and Elizabeth weren't there anymore.

----------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE: hey guys! I know it's been a while but I sort of lost inspiration for this book and school started and since it was my first year going to highschool I was a bit busy but I'm back on track and decided to do this. I hope you guys enjoy and please give any tips or feedback. thanks and

PEACE!😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 67 21
Sticky notes that can bring two person together. Ashley never stop trying and challenging herself. She was deeply in love with Scott but the main pro...
167K 8.4K 38
Figure skater Suraiya karim is a 17 year old hijabi who is in her last year of high school. She despises a certain infamous hockey player playboy nam...
3.5K 400 31
Ehmel is an enthusiastic, attractive girl who has never been in a relationship or experienced love before. What will happen when she runs into Salar...
1M 28.4K 31
When Ashley Scott is awoken by her childhood crush, Michael Rivera, it is the furthest thing from a dream come true. Her dream versions of Michael ne...