GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 32

269 51 7
By MireyaZachani

AJ's POV

I stepped out of the car and walked towards Lala with a smile on my face.

The week's and had been boring for me and that's majorally because I miss Melanie. She had stopped talking to me and I won't blame her. This is the reason why I can't tell her the truth. Call me selfish, but I still can't lose my friend. So far, she has become a very large part of my life as a friend and more like a sister.

Lala smiled back at me and gave me a hug.

"Hey, someone had a wonderful weekend."
I teased.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Sure. Who did?"

"So, what's up? Where's Melanie?"
I asked, looking around for her.

Lala shrugged. "Still at home. I doubt she would be here anytime soon. Just called her to tell her the lectures won't hold till 4p.m."

What?

"4p.m?! Holy crap! When in hell was that arrangement made that I didn't hear about it till now?!"
I said, almost screaming.

Lala shrugged again. I sighed. Guess I'll just hang around a bit. Plus, I really need to talk to Melanie.

Lala turned to leave and I stopped her. "Do you think Mel is still mad at me?"
I had to ask. Why won't I? She never talks to me. The least we do is just a stiff smile at each other and she's off before I say a word.

"I don't know, AJ. I think you should give her time. She's not used to this and you weren't so honest with her."
I nodded in agreement.

"You're right. Perhaps, I should just let her be for now."
I said, with the worst feeling I have ever had. The one I can't explain but keeps digging into my heart like a dagger.

I sighed again and quietly followed her to class.

Jenna's POV

"This is where you stay when you're not stabbing someone in the back?"
It was a question. And I didn't need to look back to know that it would take a miracle to stop bumping into Lucas.

He sat beside me and waited. Perhaps for my response.

I ignored him and sipped from my wine. The bar was scanty today for a reason that's beyond me.

And I was so fucking bored at home, I had to come here. Okay, you might think that I find pleasure in backstabbing. I don't.

I'm not a bad person. Well, I love to see myself as the best but AJ broke me.

My life sort of ended when she slept with Sam. We were best friends. Well, I can't bore anyone with my feud with Her Royal Bitchiness.

I turned to him with a stiff smile.
"And this should he where you go when you need to torment my life, I guess?"
I asked.

He chuckled and signalled the bartender. The young hot guy whom I have made a mental note to get an attention from, turned to Lucas with a gracious smile.

"Dirty Martini, please."
Lucas said.

He nodded. "Yes sir."

And Lucas turned to me. "When you're this lonely, its very scary, trust me."
He said.

I had to laugh at that one. "Really? Why scary? You have a skeleton in your cupboard?"

He smiled. "Nope. But you do. Don't you?"

"It depends. Maybe you're the next person."
I said and he laughed.

Its been a while. Since we both laughed like this.

He nodded. "I see. So, now you've told me, am I supposed to be scared?"

"You should be." I turned to him with a smile. "Or not."
My hand snaked up his shoulder and he simply raised the glass of dirty Martini that has just been delivered to his lips and took a sip. He seemed unaffected by my touch. That's Lucas Odama. He is never affected no matter what.

"How's your secret crush?"
I asked.

He looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. "Secret crush?"

"Melanie. Haven't seen her in a while."

He chuckled. "You're not her fave kind of person. So, don't get worried about not seeing her in a while."
He said and shrugged.

"The feeling is mutual. Well, I don't hate her. I just don't want her with us. What's the point liking her? When she finds out what we did, she will hate us anyway."

Lucas was silent. He knows how right I am. But the truth is, he won't say it.

"Sam used to be the peacemaker and the trouble maker around here."
He said.

I froze. Yeah, I could never forget Sam. I smiled. "Yeah. What would he say, if he were here right now?"

Lucas snickered. "Y'all are bunch of chickens. Tell the babe the truth and let her hate. Later we apologize and we all good."
He said, mimicking Sam's voice.

I laughed. A tear appeared at the corners of my eyes and I blinked them off. But Lucas saw them.

He leaned forward. "You don't have to keep bottling it all in. We all miss him too."

"Do you?"
My voice was broken. I was trying to keep it in check. "I don't think they do."

Lucas's hand covered mine. "Let him go, Jenna. I'm sure they all miss him too. Derrick does."

I had to laugh at that one. "Derrick? Why are you defending him? He's not your best person anymore."

"He's not. But, I can't keep hating now, can I?"

I looked at him for a brief second and looked down at my drink. "I always want to let go, Luc. But when I think of what she did to me, all I feel is the need to make her pay for what she did."

"You already did that, Jenna. You broke her up with Barry. Isn't that enough?"

"No! She can't feel half as hurt as I felt with just Barry. She has to feel more than what I felt. When the time comes, I will make her pay. Revenge is sweeter when patience is exercised."

"What do you think Sam will think if he were alive? You think he wants you to take revenge for him? Jenna, listen. Enough."

Enough! I haven't even done anything yet!

The thought ran through me and all I felt was anger. I snatched my hand off his and turned to give him daggers. "It is never enough until I say so."

"You know everyone hates you now. What are you gaining from all of these? The same hate that increases every day."

"Like I said. The feeling is mutual."
And I stood up to leave.

Lala's POV

It didn't take long. I knew something would happen tonight. I could feel it, somehow.

Melanie had invited me to the Jacobs' for a small get together at Derrick's. Normally, I won't need an invite since I was dating Ken. But not anymore.

Heart and I have been hanging out often. He is really sweet and not the kind of person anyone would think of as a jerk like Ken is.

I won't say, I haven't been thinking about Ken. I have and its annoying. I'm supposed to be over him by now. Especially, since I met Heart and things are moving smooth. Don't get me wrong. I'm not dating Heart yet.

I know he wants me to have a relationship with him, he keeps hinting it to me whenever we're together. And I simply joke about it.

Truth is; I don't want to rush it this time. I have rushed in and out of so many relationships that didn't last.

Maybe I'm having cold feet. I honestly don't know.

I guess, I have to decide and make a decision tonight. And that's why I'm sitting in the living room with Heart.

Kendrick is no where to he found, so I'm just going to flow with the moment.

"So, what are you thinking?"
Melanie said to me. She just told me of her suspicions that won't stop since TJ told her that people think Derrick and his brothers are related to him.

Well, no one would say I didn't try to make her see that, but Melanie has a very small stubbornness that can get you really upset.

I shrugged. "Well, B. I did tell you to do it before now."

"Yeah, I know. Well?"

"Okay, maybe you can talk to Heart about it. He's a doctor and he will know people who came hasten the process."

Melanie thought over it and nodded. "Yeah. Right. I'll do that right now."

I nodded.

"So, you and Heart, huh?"
She said and winked. "You haven't given me any gists about that night, you know?"

I sighed. Great. "Nothing happened that night."

Her smile varnished. I nodded.

"I know the feeling, babe. I felt the same way when you told me, your first meeting with Derrick was strictly on a ride home."
I said and shrugged.

"Are you serious?"

"Yep. We only talked and fell asleep." I said and shrugged.

I couldn't miss the fact that her mouth was still hanging open after I said that. Well, since she banged Derrick in his car, things have been going crazy for her.

"Wow. He didn't touch you?"

"We kissed. At his house. But then, it couldn't get hotter. I was too...uninterested to let it go further. So, he decided to know my problems."

"Awwn. He's so sweet."

"Hey, It's Kenny in the house! Everybody show some loooove!"
Jamal's voice came in from the entrance of the living room as I was about saying something to Melanie.

Jamal just came in with Ken and the four brothers were already exchanging pleasantries when Ken turned like he was searching for someone. His eyes caught me on the sofa with Melanie.

He held his gaze for a while as I looked away from him and turned to Melanie, smiling at her as if what she had said was worth smiling. I could feel his eyes on every part of my body. And I could feel my heart threatening to beat its way out of my chest.

Why in the world am I shaking? I didn't do anything wrong to him. He left me!
I thought.

Then, I saw him walking up to me. I looked up at him and watched him watch me. My heart lifted for some odd reason. But just as he was about getting to my seat, he passed.

The bastard!

He walked over to Tammy, who gave him a smile and a very warm hug.
Warm hug? Or, is it my imagination?
I thought. I looked away from them and turned to Melanie.

She shook her head at me and said, "He's not worth your time, love."

At that moment, all I felt was pain. An unexplained pain that was eating at my chest again. I merely nodded. Heart walked up to me and that diverted my attention a bit.

Thanks God, I invited him.

Kendrick's POV

"seriously, I think you should just talk to her. You guys need to talk about this. This whole silent treatment ain't healthy."
Jamal said to me on our way to Derrick's. I had been talking about Lala most of the time today and all he keeps saying is that I talk to her.

I mean, like seriously? Talk to her? What do I say to her? It was all her fault in the first place.

"I keep telling you. It's pointless. I can't be with someone like that."

"Someone like what? Like some one who worries for you? Dude, don't make me throw you off the car, a'ight? If I had a lady like that, I'll be sure to treat her well. She deserves it. What the fuck were you doing with Tammy of all people."

"She refused to let me sleep with her. What was I supposed to do? I'm not used to the celibacy stuff and you know it. Tammy was available and willing to satisfy me."
I defended myself.

He sighed. "What you should have done was talk to her. Damn, man you guys should have done it any other way. There are so many ways to satisfy yourself with your woman apart from sticking your d**k into her p***y."

The car pulled over at the mansion and I stepped out immediately after him. Just as he opened the door, he exclaimed. "It's Kenny in the house, show some looove!" Like he was introducing a heavyweight champion.

I slapped his chest. "What the fuck are you doing ,man?"
I whisper yelled at him.

He shrugged. "Come on, man. Cheer up." He laughed with his arm flung over my shoulder.

I inhaled and exhaled, trying to stop myself from snapping at him. I haven't been in a good mood lately and I really don't know why.

We greeted Derrick and Mayor. It was really nice to see Mayor after weeks of being out of the country.

I turned around. I was searching for her for some odd reason. I wanted to be sure she attended this get together. She used to, when we dated.

And I saw. Damn, she was really beautiful. Her outfit was clinging to her body like a second skin, I couldn't resist. I found myself walking up to her to give her a kiss.

She looked up expectantly.

What the fuck am I doing? To talk to her?

I thought and diverted. Tammy was the only one sitting at the mini bar behind them and I needed a drink. But why did it have to be Tammy, sitting there. She's the reason I broke up with Lala.

One of the reasons.

"Hey, handsome." Tammy said, smiling as she gave me a hug I wasn't expecting. I just had to go with the flow. I felt her bite lightly on my ear and that was usually a turn on for me.

"Tammy, what are you doing?"
I asked her.

She giggled. "Turning you on for me."
She said. She smiled.

"I heard there's a party here and I wasn't invited."
Someone spoke.

Everyone turned around and found Jenna standing at the entrance, smiling.

With the way she was swaying her hips, something was wrong.

She's drunk.

Holy Shit. Drunk and smiling Jenna isn't such a good combination.

Woah!
Do you think Ken still loves Lala?

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Love,
Mireya💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2.7K 34
We all know that starting the next stage of Education is hard, things like moving to a new area and being a freshmen in college. Well, that explains...
108 45 15
Hello everyone My name is Ada and this is my story, mostly. What do you do when your boyfriend breaks up with you on your birthday when you think he...
2K 630 64
I was young, a good girl who lived her life mostly to impress her parents. We lived in a small town named Nelsville, on the outskirts of a big city n...
36.4K 5K 26
Published on the 12th of November, 2018. What the fuck! Can't you watch where you're going?? You almost injured me!" I said dusting my skirt and tryi...