The Hidden Truth (DROP)

By CIR_2407

"Do you know why people like violence? It is because it feels good. Humans find violence deeply satisfying. B... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Extrication
Not an Update
Chapter 3: Diagon Alley
Chapter 4: A New Family
Chapter 5: A Strange Incident
Chapter 6: Dream
On Hold
Chapter 7: The Accidental Encounter
Chapter 8: Trapped
Chapter 9: Mémoires
Chapter 10: New Identity
Chapter 11: Down Memory Lane
Chapter 13: To Hogwarts
Chapter 14: Some Little Things
1K Votes
Chapter 15: The First Fight
Chapter 16: The Sorting
Notification
New Work

Chapter 12: Dawn

7.9K 252 24
By CIR_2407

Severus put a hand on Hadrian's cheek, stroking gently. Knowing the storm of thoughts that was swirling inside of Hadrian's head, he kept silent, waiting for the boy to make the first move. Alas, Hadrian looked up, his eyes had dried, and his emotions had quietened down.

Severus carefully approached the boy:

- Are you alright now?

Hadrian nodded his head in reply. He wasn't feel like talking. His throat was sore and he had a feeling he would burst into tears if he opened his mouth.

Severus smiled lightly and awkwardly patted Hadrian's back. He wasn't a man of emotions, and he was often mistaken as a proud person. Not that he wanted to distance himself from other fellow wizards and witches, he wasn't that "high and mighty". It was his unfortunate childhood that had created this uncommunicative nature of his.

As such, his caring actions might seem peculiar to some. But to Hadrian, they were the most genuine gestures he had ever received. He hesitated for a moment, then he suddenly threw his hands around Snape, his head buried in his neck. He said quietly in a sad voice:

- Thank you.

Hadrian was indeed thankful that Snape had woken up. He was the one that had rescued him from the hands of his gruesome relatives. He was also the one who gave him shelter, kindness, and protection. He even gave him a new family, and a new friend. With all of those actions, Hadrian had considered him as his father, though he would never tell Snape that.

Severus was taken aback by Hadrian's sudden action. He had never thought the boy would act freely around him that quick. The boy did behave cautiously around him a while before. But he really enjoyed this little surprise anyways.

For a while, two people were seemingly lost in their own thoughts and completely forgot another person who was also in the room. Lucius, seeing that no one would remember him any time soon, cleared his throat:

- I apologize for interrupting your..reunion, but I must inform you that we cannot stay here any longer. The Ministry had heard about Hadrian's awakening and they will arrive shortly. We must apparate. Now.

With one look at each other, Hadrian and Severus quickly sprang to their feet and followed Lucius to the apparition platform he had set while waiting for Severus to wake up.

Lucius instructed them how the platform worked. It was very easy, they just had to say "Homenum Transporta", picture where they wanted to be, step on the platform, apparate, and vòila, they would appear right there, unharmed, safe and sound.

As they didn't have much time left, the trio dashed onto the platform. Lucius quickly pulled out his wand and quietly mumbled the spell. The platform slowly lit up and a column of bright white light shot to the sky, causing much chaos to the tenants at the Leaky Cauldron. People ran out to the streets and started casting spells and charms, while some tried to alert the Ministry. That wasn't neccessary as a group of Aurors arrived shortly after. Surprisingly, James Potter was a part of the troupe.

James swiftly pulled out his wand and motioned others to follow him. They rushed inside and immediately appeared right outside the room where Hadrian, Severus and Lucius had been. James waited for one second and bursted into the room, shouting:

- Incarcerous!!!

The spell shot out from his wand and, unfortunately, hit the wall. There was no one inside, not even a single strand of hair to show them that someone had been there. James angrily slammed his fist on the nearby table:

- Damn it!!! We're late!!!

The other Aurors took a step back, not wanting to be blamed. No one wished to endure their captain's rage, or his superior, Dumbledore. They never really respected James even though he was the best dueler in the Ministry. He was too arrogant, hot-tempered, and irrational. Nothing from him had ensured his role as a leader.

For a while, no one dare to speak. Then, James grumbled:

- Let's return. There's nothing we can do here.

~~~

Hadrian blinked. The stupid light was so bright that he had been adjusting for a whole minute. He blinked again in an attempt to chase away the aftereffect that was blocking his eyesight with white patches, but to no avail. He tried stretching his arms to feel around him but they were caught by another pair of big warm hands. Hadrian almost spoke Deorc Elvish, but stopped in time when he realized those hands belonged to...

- Draco?

His vision began to clear and he could see Draco's worried silver eyes.

- Don't "Draco" me. Do you know how worried I was? Seeing you fainting in front of me was not a memorable experience.

Hadrian smiled apologetically. He gently eased Draco:

- But I'm here, aren't I?

Draco looked at him and sighed:

- Fine, but if that happens again,-

- It won't, I promise. - Hadrian grinned. - By the way, have you seen Sev and Lucius?

Draco pointed to the living room behind him:

- They're in there. The ward alerts that there are three people apparated here, but there were only two. So I figured you might be somewhere in the Manor. It seems that I don't have to go any further. - Draco smirked. - Anyway, you look different. What happened?

Normally, Draco wouldn't ask anyone about their appearance. It was rude to do so. However, the change in Hadrian's visage was so significant that he had to question it.

Hadrian hesitated. He only knew that he was put under a block, nothing more. So he timidly answered:

- I really don't know the exact details, but I do know I was put under a block. It's the reason why my appearance had changed. If you want to know more, I think you should ask Sev or your father. I have a hunch that they know everything about this.

Hadrian looked up to observe Draco's reactions, but he saw nothing. Draco's eyes were grim like the sky in stormy days. Hadrian was stunned. He had never seen this side of Draco before, but he wasn't scared, Draco wouldn't hurt him.

Hadrian carefully poked Draco's arm, whispering:

- Hey, what's wrong?

Draco remained silent. He captured Hadrian's finger in his hands and gently squeezed it. They stayed like that for a while before Draco suddenly ran up, pulling Hadrian with him.

Hadrian was surprised and almost fell to the ground if it wasn't for Draco's strong arms. He was also curious about what had caused Draco to act like this. To cause a Malfoy to run in the Manor, it must be very interesting.

They ran up and up, passing corridors and rooms, until they reached the door to topmost tower of the Manor. Draco whispered through his breath:

- Close your eyes.

Still breathing heavily, Hadrian closed his eyes. He wondered what Draco wanted to show him. He felt being led up on the spiral staircase, and he heard a small click coming from the door handle. Then, Draco spoke quietly:

- Open your eyes, Harry.

Hadrian attempted to correct his name, but he stopped. In front of him was the sun, shining its bright warm light upon the sleeping world below. Anywhere the light touched, darkness gave way, retreating to its shelter under the trees and in the caves. The most magnificent of all was the colors of the clouds. Different shades of orange, yellow, and red all combined with each other to create a stunning picture of the early morning sky. It was magnificent.

- It's beautiful, isn't it? The view of the dawn from up here... - Draco exclaimed. - I had wanted to show you this, but you were unconscious, so I had postponed the plan. What a shame... - he sighed.

Hadrian chuckled:

- Don't be like that. I have seen it now, and I'm glad that you brought me here.

Draco looked at Hadrian and smiled lightly:

- It is my pleasure, Harry.

- Hadrian. - Hadrian corrected him. - My name isn't Harry anymore.

- If that's the case, - Draco smirked, - it is my pleasure, Hadrian.

~🌸~🌸~

Long time no see, dear readers 😅❤ I'm really, really sorry but I can't no longer update once a week anymore. My schoolwork is enormous and I have to study two programs at the same time, it's very tiring. I haven't had enough sleep these days, and I am only 17 (going on 18)!!! Luckily, my mother doesn't push me to get good grades, so after some time adapting to grade 12, I am back~~!! 😊🌼🌻 Hopefully you will support me and my book with lots of love. ❤💙💛💙

Anyways, I want to ask you something: do you watch "The Untamed"? It's a drama adaptation of "Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation", a dammei (boylove) novel. Some may have seen it, some may not, and I suggest you to watch it, for I am in love with the drama and the actors and actresses, they are so...perfect 😍 There are many couples, too. WangXian is one, another is XiYao (my second-favourite couple), then XueXiao (very sad 😢), etc. There are many more couples for you to choose but the upper three are my favourites. 😊😊 There are going to be two extra stories and I am hoping that the second one will have XiYao. 🤣😆

WangXian here~~ ❤💙🖤💙

XiYao my lovelies~~~ 😍💙💛💙💛

P.S. Please don't be mistaken that the characters in the story are these actors. The characters are different and the actors are different. Please understand that they are not the same person. I only put their pictures here for you to recognize them and the drama. Thank you for understanding. 🙇‍♀️

#CIR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 462 11
Tomarry AU - Harry and Tom are both 16 years old and get summer jobs. Or, the story where Tom discovers he likes ice cream and Harry just so happens...
58.2K 1.4K 16
I do not own this story - owned by Twosexy Slytherins where it has unfortunetly been taken down from almost every site it's been on...... Summary: Al...
976K 24.7K 67
It's a story about how Harry finds his true family. He goes through a creature inheritance and his mate is someone he never thought he could possibl...
56.1K 1.8K 11
After the war Harry decided to take Headmaster Mcgonagall's offer on being a full time DADA teacher. There are some changes to Hogwarts for the new y...