Welcome to the Family

By strongdemilovatic

17 year-old Jessy has just woken up from a coma and has found out the last six months of her life did not exi... More

Welcome to the Family
Trailer!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Final)
Welcome to Artistry

Chapter 7

148 9 0
By strongdemilovatic

This week has been so much fun! I didn't think about my family that much, but I had fun just being around.The concert was good. Nothing too intense when I got on stage it was epic. People say it's the music that drives them or the fans. For me it's the opposite, it's that feeling. I think the best part though was the second before I was seen and Demi announcing me; the anticipation and the crowd going, so maybe it is a little because of the attention.

There was a pretty cool after party that we went to. Jessie and I went ham, and she even got a cute kid's number. He is a business major at UCLA, seems like a nice kid. I personally have been texting Alfanso and Ricardo a lot. Apparently Ricky is going to my school, and is in my grade so he'll show me around. I also did some interviews, some being deeper than others. I didn't say anything about losing my memories or anything, just that I'm taking a break to go back to school.

The boys and I are all supposed to be hanging out as soon as I get back from New England. Funny story behind that too. Right now I'm on my way to my aunt's from New York City. I did a couple of talk shows and the place is gorgeous. This past week has been amusing also but I'm pretty excited to see my actual family. It's only a short time but that's okay. We decided to get a normal flight home, so we'll be getting home late evening.I'm going to stay at my aunts since that is where my grandmother lives now.

Tomorrow I'm going to the beach, Wednesday I'm doing karaoke at this tavern I love going to, much to Dianna's dismay, with a bunch of my parent's friends. Thursday, Dianna, Eddie, Wilmer, Demi, and Maddie are all flying out to go to Six Flags. From there we are driving up to Maine to spend time at Marie's camp sight. Sunday morning we fly back down to Los Angeles for my first day of high school on Monday, how exciting. Things are going to be very busy.

Right now my grandmother and I are watching Scandal. We decided we would be traveling a lot so we just got the DVD to watch. Our body guard is nice. Dianna said I had to have one when I travel, so we interviewed one and we decided on a woman that's an ex-marine.

After our episode ends, I ask, "Where are we at?"

The woman named Collins responds, "Connecticut, do you need food?"

I look at my grandmother and she shakes her head. She is so adorable. "No ma'am."

She nods in returns and continues to drive.

I spontaneously say, "So can you tell me a little bit more of yourself? I think it's only fair seeing we'll be spending so much time together."

She rolls her eyes, "I'm an ex-marine from New England."

"More! Where do you grow up? Are you married? Do you have any children?"

She nods her head, "I have two boys, one is named Aiden that's five and the other is Eric that's three. My husband is Murphy and he is a dentist. We met 10 years ago in Iraq, been married for seven. I was a gym teacher then a guidance counselor then a vice principal for a little bit."

I ask curiously, "Then why are you working for me then?"

"The school I was working at closed down, leaving me unemployed. My husband is more of the stay at home type and we had to make ends meet. I miss doing protection things so here I am now."

Makes sense.

"Is that enough information?"

I say, "Yes. Thank you for opening up."

She nods at me and we got to watch an episode and a half before we got to my aunts. It's around eight so I was expecting her to be in bed. She has two little ones and she is a nurse so they normally are in bed at this time. Her husband is named Matt, he's some big wig for CVS and also refs at college games.

When we get there, Ana and Jimmy are by the door, and two dogs, both labs. One of them is brown, and I recognize him as Booth, their dog. The other is yellow and looks like a mix. As Ana opens the door the dogs run at me, but the yellow one was literally on top of me. I realize by the spots on his tongue and the way he excitedly barks it's my dog Coop. I start freaking out and get on the ground without even saying hi to the little ones.

After about five minutes of me just cuddle petting my dog I finally look up to see them looking at me weirdly. I smile and shrug my shoulders. I stand up and give them both hugs.

"How have you guys been?"

They smile and Jimmy says, "Good, come into the living room."

Ana hits his arm and rolls her eyes. I guess there's people here too, great. I walk through the little hallway with my grandmother and the lights turn on. A bunch of people pop out of high places and I smile. I finally know all of these people on a deep level.First there is of course my aunt and uncle that own the house. Then there are Jack's parents, Mutuante Natalie and Uncle Derek. My aunt has her friends Linda and Lamar. They have three kids, Marsha who's 14, Brynne who's 10, and Christine who's 9.

I go around saying hi to everyone and we sit down for dinner. There were multiple tables set up, then one with the family. I decide naturally to sit at the kids one, with Ana never leaving my side. I remember when she was born and the first time I went to see her. She was so little and now she's so not. She has these blonde curls, and deep blue green eyes.

To make conversation with her I say, "So I hear you're skipping a grade. Are you excited?"

She looks scared, "I guess."

I laugh, "Don't be scared baby. You're a Rouleau, just charm everyone and if not I'll give them a beating."

"All my friends love you."

"What? How do they even know me?"

"Oh I forgot, you got sick and don't remember anything. It's kinda like after I fell off the monkey bars, right?"

I nod.

"Mary, can I use your phone for a second."

She nods and gives her it. Ana then goes onto Instagram and pulls up my 'professional' profile. 1 million followers... What? I look at some of my pictures and, whoa. I live a pretty fabulous life. I see a lot with Katie and Katelyn. So we were friends...

I smile and say, "Wow. Thanks for showing me that baby."

She smiles, "Have you listened to any music?"

I shake my head, she asks Marsha for her earbuds but she says no since we're eating. We both stick our tongue out at her and we start eating too. I'm doing mashed potatoes with lobster Macaroni and cheese. Weird combination, but I like it. I'm also eating carrots for my veggie since my grandmother gave me a look while getting it. I guess she had everyone bring something I like. I'm looking forward to my aunt's dessert, she's a pro.

After dinner was over, I took pictures with people because I knew they were leaving. Ana and the rest of us kiddos went downstairs and were going to listen to music but we were called back up just as it was playing. Something tells me I'm not going to like it. When we get back up they have a chair for me to sit in front of the TV, so I sit.

My aunt gets up and says, "We know you don't have a lot of memories of the past two years, and that you are moving completely to California so we have made a little slideshow of your life, so you never forget who you are and where you've come from."

It starts off with pictures of me and my brother as kids then transitions to us getting older, with a lot more pictures of my cousins and Jessie. It really stung though when I saw pictures of my parents, or of Justin's graduation. I hate the fact that I can't remember any of it, that in particular. Sometimes I get scared, that I'm not going to remember my parents at all eventually. I guess all that matters is that I know they are with me constantly.

After it is over, there are video messages from a bunch of people. It was so sweet seeing everyone cheering me on basically. A couple that got me emotional were from Justin, Jessie, my grandmother, Demi, and Dianna.

Justin said, "Ever since you were a little kid you have drove me beyond the point of insanity. I swear you came out of mom singing. It's because of that and your heart that, I love you so much. Best of luck Jess, you are the one to beat in the end."

I laugh when that one comes on.

"Hey Jess. Here we are fifteen years later, started from diapers now we're here. It is a crazy amount of fate of how we met, and how we are still stuck to each other sides today. Normally you're the emotionally sentimental one so I'm gonna make this one short and sweet. You are not a friend to me, you are my sister. I've watched you grow up and can't say how proud I am of you. You say that I inspire you, you have no idea how much you inspire me. I always believed in you and won't stop until you are accepting that Grammy and are inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. Love you!"

"Jessy, you have always been something special. I remember the first time I held you, and I haven't been able to keep my eyes off of you since! All of those years of driving you have really paid off. I'm so proud of you, and who you have become. Keep up the good work, and maybe I'll see you in that beach house at some point!"

My grandmother is so cute!

"You are diva, pain in the ass, and crazy. But that is what makes me love you. These past few years have been so awesome with you in my life. You are a part of the family now. Can't believe you're going back to high school, have fun. And remember I'm only a walk down the hallway at night!"

"Role model, inspiration, empowering, strong, and pure heart. Those are all the words that describe you. Jessy, you have such talent and have such a potential in this world. It's crazy seeing how far you've come from the first video I saw of you til now. It's been a blessing to see you this far, and can't wait to see where you're going."

She then jumps a little and looks at her belly, her face lighting up.

"So the baby just kicked for the first time and I can tell the baby already loves you. Love you Jessy."

Who knew I could get so emotional. I have full blown tears going down my cheeks. I see Ana and Jimmy, "Hi cousin Jessy. You rock! We love and miss you!"

Jimmy then runs over to me and climbs into my lap, such a dam cutie. I give him a huge hug with my free arm since the other is wrapped around Ana's shoulder.

"You guys are all I need."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 3.1K 22
Keep running until you're found. 2015 Lovatic Fanfic Award Winner Cover by @susanlovato © All Rights Reserved.
55.1K 1.1K 68
Alexis Grace Lovato is your typical fourteen year old girl, besides having a famous singer as her Mom. Demi stopped working when Alexis, or Alex, was...
45.2K 1.9K 29
When nineteen year old Demi is about to start her second year of college, she suddenly gets kicked out of home. With no money to continue her studies...
55.1K 1.1K 49
Madison DeLaGarza is Demi Lovato's little sister. Demi has been known for struggling with self harm, and conquering her addictions, but what happens...