The Black Dragon Emperor of D...

By Fireslash97

Dragons never involved themselves in the war between angels, devils, fallen angels, and demons. Until the Wel... More

Kyo Najasaki Bio
Date With Death
What Am I Again?!
Asia Argento
Fallen Revenge
Knock Knock, Who's There? DEATH!
Son of a Dragon God
Familiars
Riser Phoenix
Training and One vs Sixteen
More Power?
Whose Side Are You On?
Friends Help No Matter What!
Freed and Valper
Kokabiel
Dragon Opponents Arrive
Pool Day and The Devil King
Open House
Akeno's Lineage
The Leaders Summit
Dragon Battle
Special: Prom
Summer Break
Gremory Family
Family Reunions
Payback Time
Acceptance
Back to School
Diodora
Saving Asia
Juggernaut Drive
Esdeath's Return
The Dimensional Gap
This Ends Now!
OVA Phoenix Problems
Need MY Help?
Darkness Rising
Preparations

Gasper

6.1K 87 51
By Fireslash97

The ORC approaches the taped room that Rias had blocked off. 

"This is where the other bishop is?" Asia asks. 

"Last night, my brother insisted that the bishop be released and allowed to leave this area." Rias explains. "I'm not sure why, but the bishop refused the offer." 

"So in other words, he's not much of an outside kind of devil." Kyo concedes. 

Akeno nods. "Such a shame really, considering the child used to be the largest earner we had." 

"No way!" Issei says shocked. "You can't be serious." 

"With special contracts." Kiba adds. "The bishop used a computer to make them." 

"Which means the power this bishop had must've been extremely dangerous if it needed to be locked away." Xenovia says. 

Rias raises her hand and makes a glyph that makes the lock and tape disappear. "Alright, let's see how this goes." Rias grips the door handle and opens it for ear-piercing screaming to be heard. 

"What the hell?" Issei says covering his ears. 

"Ow." Kyo says removing his fingers from his ears. 

"Hello." Rias smiles. "I'm glad to see you're looking well." 

"I don't understand what's going on!" A child-like voice says. 

"The seal has been broken. So you're free to come home with us now." Rias explains calmly. Akeno walks over to a coffin and pulls the lid off to reveal a blonde child. 

"No! I don't ever wanna leave here! The outside is too scary!" The child cries. 

"What?" Issei says. "She's just a little girl. And look, she looks a lot like Asia. Does that mean all bishops have to be pretty blondes or something?" 

Kyo chuckles and covers his eyes. "Dude, you need to see an eye doctor. Cause that's clearly a boy." 

"Wait, what?!" 

"I realize he may look like a girl, but he is most definitely a little boy." Rias states. 

Akeno giggles. "As you've noticed, he does like to dress up like a girl though." 

Rias then hugs the boy. "Everyone, say hello to Gasper Vladi, the other bishop in my household. He's a first year student here, and before I had the pleasure of making him a devil, this little guy was actually half human and half vampire." 

"What, he's a real vampire?" Asia says. 

Issei drops his jaw. "As in a blood sucker? You're kidding!" 

"Dude, with all the things we've seen regarding the Underworld, is it really all that surprising that vampires would exist too?" Kyo says. 

Issei exhales. "Good point." 

Kyo kneels next to Gasper who backs away in fear. "Hey, what's a matter little guy?" 

Gasper looks away. "You're the Black Dragon Emperor." 

"So?" 

"I've seen what you did to Riser on my computer, please don't hurt me!" Gasper says cowering. 

Rias kneels next to Kyo. "Hey Gasper, why don't you come with us outside now, okay?" 

Gasper shakes his head. "I don't wanna! Please don't make me!" 

Issei rolls his eyes. "Come on dude, let's go. You heard the lady." Issei grabs Gasper's wrist making him shriek and everything freeze. Kyo looks at everyone to see they'd been frozen and surrounded in purple aura. 

"What in the hell?" Kyo says waving his hand in front of Issei. 

"It's his Sacred Gear, Kyo. Apparently this bishop can control time, or at least some manifestation of it." Erakhan explains. 

Kyo hears a gasp and sees Gasper hiding in the corner. "You weren't affected like them." Kyo makes his way over to the vampire boy. "Please don't hurt me!" 

Kyo just gently picks him up and pats his back. "You're okay, pal. No one here is gonna hurt you, I'll make sure of it." 

Gasper closes his eyes and opens them again, making time resume. 

"What the-?" Issei says confused. 

Kyo whistles at them. "Over here." Everyone looks at Kyo and sees he's holding Gasper in his arms. "He's okay. Just a little freaked out that's all." 

"Was that just me, or did you guys feel something weird too?" Asia asks. 

Xenovia nods. "I did, and I'm pretty sure he's behind it." 

"It looks like Forbidden Balor View to me." Akeno points out. "Also known as the evil eye that stops the world. It's Gasper's Sacred Gear." 

"When he gets too excited, he can stop whatever he happens to be looking at in that moment for a certain amount time." Koneko explains. 

The group then meets in club room where Gasper stands in front of them all. 

Akeno continues to explain, "Unfortunately, Gasper couldn't control his power. So Sirzechs had him locked away here as a precautionary measure." 

Rias adds, "On top of that, his power continues to grow unconsciously. So there's a distinct possibility it could become a Balance Breaker." 

"Isn't that good?" Issei questions. They hear Gasper whine and see he's hidden in a box in the corner. 

"I don't like it when you guys talk about me like I'm not here." Gasper whimpers. "Why can't you guys just ignore that I'm alive like normal?" 

Kyo sighs. "Charn, would you get him?" Charn nods and walks over titling the box over and knocking Gasper out. Charn grips Gasper's collar with his teeth and drags him over to the group. 

"Um Rias, I think it's about time for us to go." Akeno says. 

"Yes, you're right." Rias agrees. "If you'll excuse us, Akeno and I must leave to go to a meeting about getting ready for the leaders summit. Kiba?" 

"Yes, how can I help?" Kiba asks. 

"My brother said he wants to know more about your Balance Breaker. I'd like for you to join us, as long as you're free that is." 

Kiba stands from his seat. "Yes, I'm free." 

Rias summons teleportation glyph. "Wonderful. Now everyone else, I want you take over Gasper's training until we get back." 

"How are we supposed to do that?" Issei asks. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"NOOO!" Gasper shouts as he runs from Xenovia. 

"Do you call this running?!" Xenovia says. "If you don't move those legs faster you'll wind up Durandal's next victim!" 

Gasper runs out of breath and falls against a tree. "I don't understand why you have to be so mean to me!" 

"A healthy mind lives in a healthy body." Xenovia states. "Trust me, you won't think I'm so mean when you're stronger." 

"Looks like Xenovia's having fun." Kyo sighs. 

"I don't wanna do this anymore!" Gasper cries. "What you say doesn't matter if my legs won't work!" 

Koneko steps and hands Gasper some garlic. "Gasper, you'll feel better immediately if you eat this." 

Gasper screams. "NOW WAY! You trying to kill me?!" Gasper runs back and forth with Koneko on his tail. 

"Koneko seems to be having fun training too." Asia says. 

"Who knew she'd ever care enough to tease someone?" Issei admits surprised. 

Saji walks up. "Hey guys! Having fun?" 

Kyo fist bumps him. "Hey Spike. What're you doing here?" 

"I heard Rias released her dangerous bishop, so I wanted to check things out." Saji then awes at Gasper. "Another pretty blonde?" 

"Pretty, but still a dude man." Issei states. Saji falls to his knees and cries silently. 

"Well, don't tell me the households of the Devil Kings have all come out to play together, because that would be just too sweet." Azazel chuckles, appearing. 

Kyo summons his gauntlets and pins Azazel to a tree, gripping his robe. "You mind telling me what the hell you're doing here, Azazel?" 

"Whoa, hold on a minute Shadow, that's Azazel?" Saji asks shocked. 

Kyo nods, making Xenovia ready Durandal, Koneko crack her fists, Issei summon his Boosted Gear, and Saji summon his dragon gauntlet on his left hand. 

"You could come at me all at once, but that would still result in failure." Azazel states. "Even low-ranking devils such as yourselves realize that much." 

"If you don't start explaining in the next five seconds as to what you're doing here, I'm gonna roast your ass!" Kyo threatens with smoke emerging from his mouth. 

"You really are something else Kyo, is that holy devil sword guy here?" Azazel inquires. 

"No, Kiba's not here." Issei replies. "Word to the wise, better leave him the hell alone!" 

"So, no holy sword devil guy, huh? Boring." Azazel then eyes Gasper. "Hey, you! Adorable vampire." 

Gasper peaks out from behind a tree. 

"Forbidden Balor View, huh? You know this type of Sacred Gear could wind up extremely dangerous, if the user's capacity is too low." Azazel points out and then looks to Saji. "And let me guess, you've got the Dragon Pulse Absorption Line, right?" 

Saji cocks a brow and looks at his gauntlet 

"During practice, you should connect that with the vampire so you can take away that extra power that no one can control. You're welcome in advance." 

"Take away power? You mean I can do that?" Saji asks. 

"Don't tell me ya didn't know." Azazel chuckles. "Your Sacred Gear has the power of the Evil Dragon King. Otherwise known as Prison Dragon, it scatters the power of whatever it comes into contact with. Of course attaching itself to something else for a short period of time is another perk." 

Kyo release his grip and steps back. "Why tell us all this?" 

"I figured you could use help, from what I've seen, your vampire buddy won't be doing much in his current state." Azazel shrugs. "Plus, there is a simpler and faster way to control his power. He could drink your blood." 

Kyo widens his eyes and looks at Gasper. 

"The blood thing is best, but I'm sure you guys will figure it out." Azazel the turns to leave. 

Kyo extends his hand. "Wait, one thing before you go. The Apocalypse Sisters, do you know who they are?" 

Azazel glances over his shoulder and smirks. "Yes, I do in fact. However they'd prefer to have the honor of revealing themselves to you at the summit. Until then, Death Dragon Emperor." 

Xenovia steps up next to Kyo. "So he's the Governor General of the Fallen Angels? I do not understand him." 

"At this point, people have become so vague and general that I don't care to want to know details." Kyo sighs. 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

At the gym at night, the group was now training Gasper to stop attacks from hitting him. Saji attached a tendril to Gasper's head that would drain the power from getting out of control. 

Issei raises a volleyball. "Here we go!" 

Gasper gets into a stance. "Okay, I'm ready." 

"Alright then, have at it!" Issei throws the ball, making Gasper yelp and disappear. 

Saji widens his eyes. "Whoa! Did he just disappear?" 

"He was supposed to stop the ball, not us." Kyo states as Charn walks over dragging Gasper. 

"This type of training would be difficult for anyone." Xenovia says. 

"And his power isn't helping much either." Asia adds. 

Kyo sighs. "He's still got too much power. Saji, could you drain him some more?" 

Saji nods. "You got it!" 

"By the way, thanks for helping us out man!" Kyo says appreciatively. 

"Don't worry about it. I mean hey, I'm the one who's gotta learn how to use a new power, right?" Saji shrugs. 

"Still, makes me wonder why Azazel helped us in the first place." Kyo wonders. "Plus, the whole blood thing makes me uncomfortable." 

"Me too! I hate blood so much!" Gasper says. 

"What?" Issei questions. "How does that work? You're a vampire." 

"I can't help it! The smell of blood makes me wanna puke! I hate that stuff!" 

Koneko shakes her head. "You're like the worst vampire ever." 

Gasper cries. "Why are you so mean to me, Koneko?" 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Kyo, Rias, and Charn stand in front of Gasper's room, where he'd locked the door and was crying. 

"Gasper, I want you to know that I never wanted you in here." Rias states. 

Kyo shakes his head. "Sorry about this, I didn't mean to take you away from your meeting." 

"No, don't worry. It means a lot that you're all working so hard to do what's best for him." Rias smiles. 

"I can't leave! It's too scary out there!" Gasper cries. 

"Still, I honestly don't know if we're helping." Kyo admits. 

"Well to be honest, knowing Gasper's background, there's only so much we can do." Rias states. 

Kyo turns to her. "What happened to him?" 

"Gasper's father is a vampire from a well known and distinguished family." Rias begins to explain. "However his mother is a mere human. Vampires are even more concerned with pedigree than devils, as a result, Gasper was discriminated by everyone, including his own family. And sadly, when it came to the human world, he was treated like a monster. Of course that's all on top of his power to stop time. A power he didn't have the ability to control. He wasn't just feared, he was loathed. A person can't know what's happened to them once they've been frozen. Naturally, no one wants to be near someone with that kind of power." 

Kyo starts to feel water well up in his eyes. "Poor kid. Sounds like he and I are more alike than I thought. Treated like nothing and abused by everyone." 

Rias looks at Kyo with sympathy. "Yes, you do. And just like you, he would never use his power to do anything bad. What kind of King am I to him?" 

Kyo grabs her shoulders. "Don't say that! You and I both know you put yourself on the line for everyone in your peerage. You treat us like family instead of slaves, Rias! That's what a King does." 

Rias smiles. "Thank you, Kyo." 

They both kiss and Kyo turns to the door with a smile. "Me and Charn will handle Gasper, alright? Why don't you go ahead and prepare for the summit?" 

"Are you sure?" 

"Positive!" Rias smiles again and disappears in teleportation circle. Kyo then sits and leans against the door with in his lap. "Gasper, just so you know, I'm not leaving here until you come out." 

Gasper just cries some more as a response. 

Kyo sighs. "Gasp, is it because you're afraid us? You have no reason to be. Remember when you used your power when we woke you, and I didn't hurt you? Plus, I can understand wanting to control your power. I mean, honestly I'm afraid of my own. I'm the son of a dragon that's the most feared and powerful dragon ever to exist. But he's guided me as every father does to his son, which your father should've done to you instead of abandon you." 

"But, don't you worry about the things you care about most?" Gasper asks. "You might lose them all because of your power. I don't understand how you can keep going without any doubts like that." 

"Everyone creates the thing they dread, Gasper." Kyo states. "Men of peace creates engines of war, heroes create their enemies, and me? The only thing I ever create is chaos. When I unlocked my Balance Breaker I was terrified I might not know how to use it, that I might cause more damage in a fight than I intended. Plus, when I fought Riser and his cronies I was afraid I might kill them because of everything they said. And honestly the fact that I wanted to scared me." 

Gasper peeks through the door. "I heard about your fight with him. I had no idea you of all people could be scared. I'm sorry." 

"It's not your fault, Gasper. Things will be different now, I promise." 

Gasper opens the door and sits next to Kyo. "Maybe. If I'm there though, I'll only bother everyone anyway." 

Kyo pats his back. "You don't bother me at all. You're like the little brother I've always wanted. Plus, the things I cherish most are everyone in the ORC and my parents. That includes you too, Gasper." 

"You mean it?" Gasper asks. 

"Absolutely, buddy." Kyo nods. "I promise to never abandon you, or Rias, or anyone I have in my life. And if anything tries to come after you, I promise to be there and help you." 

Gasper looks down. "I don't know..." 

"Well, what about drinking my blood?" Kyo suggests. "As much as I hate to admit it, maybe Azazel's right. Maybe you could control your power better." 

Gasper shakes his head. "No, it's too scary! I don't like drinking blood from living things, it takes everything I've got to drink blood from transfusions every once in a while. Besides, I'm already terrified of this stupid power, if it somehow got worse I don't think I could handle it. It's too much." 

Kyo exhales. ~Maybe it's best if I show him.~ Kyo extends his hand. "Gasper, take my hand." 

"Why?" 

"I wanna show you something." Gasper takes Kyo's hand and his eyes turn dark red as he sees Kyo's memories. All the pain and suffering he endured from the women he grew up with. His mother, aunt, sisters, cousins, they all beat, tortured, and raped him. Gasper could hear his screams and cries and of agony. 

Kyo releases his grip and Gasper stares at him in shock. "You're not the only that was treated like a thing instead of a human being. Plus, if anything, I'm jealous of your powers." 

"You're really jealous of me?" 

Kyo laughs. "Are you kidding? Being able to stop time? Do you know how many fights or bad things you could avoid with that power? But all cards on the table, I really wish I could go back in time and fix my years of living with that family. I know your power only stops time, but to be able to go back and take away all the scars on my body that I have...at least then, I wouldn't look like a monster that I do now." 

Gasper smiles. "You may be a monster, but you're a nice monster. No one's ever said they were jealous of me before. You even have a good reason for it. I don't know why, but it makes me feel better." 

Kyo stands. "Even if I am a monstrosity, I refuse to be judged by it! I made a promise to Rias that I would protect her and everyone in the ORC from whatever comes our way. And when I make a promise, I keep it!" 

Gasper stands and smiles more. "I think you're amazing, Kyo! You're afraid of the power you possess but instead of letting it control you, you control it! You're like a superhero!" 

Kyo laughs again. "I'm pretty far from a superhero, but close enough. So what do ya say, huh? Are you with me or what?!" 

Gasper looks down, still smiling. "Okay, but on one condition!" 

"Name it." 

Gasper looks Kyo dead in the eye. "Will you be...my big brother?" 

Kyo widens his eyes and laughs twice as hard, picking Gasper up and spinning him around. "You are just a little tyke of sunshine, aren't ya? Of course I'll be your big brother!" 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Later, Kyo was in Gasper's room, telling him all about how he found about Erakhan being his father and meeting his mother and all the crazy stuff that's happened. Charn laid next to Gasper and nudged him every once in a while. 

"You, Rias, Sirzechs, and Azazel are the only people outside of my parents that know about my past." Kyo states. 

"Wow! Kyo you really have to admit, your whole life is like that of a superhero!" Gasper says. "I mean think about it, first you're tormented and broken and then once Rias saves you and Issei you both became dragons! It's like an origin story!" 

Kyo widens his eyes, having never looked at it like that. "Huh. Guess my life does sort of sound like that of a superhero." 

Kiba then enters the room. "Look at you two. Nice work, Kyo. And Gasper, you seem to be quite more comfortable now." 

Kyo stands and wraps his arm around Kiba. "Glad you're here. I just figured out an awesome plan for the men of Gremory!" 

"Sounds great, I'm in." Kiba grins. 

"Get this, we as the men of Gremory are meant to protect the women, right? Though of course they can handle themselves just as well, but it's our job to be chivalrous." 

Kiba nods. "Right." Kyo and Kiba then notice Gasper sitting in the box again. 

Kyo facepalms himself. "Really, Gasper?" 

Gasper shrugs. "It's nothing personal, big bro. I just feel more comfortable in here when I talk to people." 

"How nice." Xenovia says walking in with Asia, Koneko, and Issei. "You all seem to be getting along." 

"Hey guys, what's up?" Kyo asks. 

"Well, after leaving and talking about it, we think we've figured out a way to help Gasper as well." Asia explains. 

"And then we brainstormed several different ideas that might help his life better." Xenovia adds. 

Gasper cocks his head. "You all wanna help me?" 

Koneko nods. "Of course, you're our precious companion too. These are for you." Koneko then tosses some garlic at Gasper, making him scream and start to run but Xenovia immediately covers his face with a paper bag. 

Xenovia looks at him. "You like that?" 

Gasper looks through the holes of the bag. "Maybe. I feel calmer. I think I do like it!" 

"Uh, what just happened here?" Kiba asks. 

"Believe it or not, it was Asia's idea." Issei states. 

"Well not exactly." Asia says. "I know I'm not especially good talking to people face to face. But on the phone I seem to handle things okay. I just mentioned that as long as my face isn't seen, people just seem to be a lot easier to deal with." 

"Then Issei and I thought maybe he'd feel better if he had something covering his face." Xenovia adds. 

Gasper turns to everyone doing a Frankenstein walk. "How is it? Does it make me look cool?" 

"It has an indescribable impact, Gasper." Kiba says nervously. 

"Yeah, he's right." Xenovia agrees. "Indescribable impact like the fear one has when walking down an alley." 

"This is fun! I like it a lot!" Gasper says, continuing to Frankenstein walk. 

"Seems to me like he could pull this off on Halloween." Kyo chuckles. 

Gasper gasps. "You think?! Oh, I wonder if wearing this will help me get a better reputation as a vampire. Thank you so much, guys! You're the best!" 

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

After school, Akeno told Kyo to come with her for something important. Kyo ascends up the stairs and sees Akeno in her kimono." 

"Hey, Kyo. Glad you could make it." Akeno smiles. "Please forgive me, I apologize for the sudden invitation." 

"Not a problem. Where's Rias?" Kyo inquires. 

"She's finishing up a last meeting with Sirzechs." Akeno states. "She'll be here right after that's over." 

"But shouldn't you be there too? You are the Queen." 

"Nope. I had another job with a certain someone." They both ascend the stairs and see the shrine in front of them. 

Kyo whistles at the size. "That's pretty big." 

"After its previously god left, it remained unoccupied for a while." Akeno explains. "Then Rias managed to find a way to get a hold of this place for me." 

"So this is the Black Dragon Emperor?" A holy voice says. Kyo and Akeno look up and see a man with light shining around him. Kyo could clearly see he had ten golden wings. 

"Talk about a grand entrance." Kyo says. 

"I am Michael, otherwise known as the Chief of the Angels." The angelic man states. 

"Ha! Oh, this oughta be good." Erakhan laughs. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 140 7
Here we go again... Hundreds of years ago a devil scientist cracked the code and was able to make advanced devils in order to put his species at the...
1.7M 15.2K 60
Inspired by @Astro_Reaper22 and @TheWidowMaker, I decided to make a dxd x male reader(this is my first book so don't hate on me okay?) Disclaimer: I...
428 10 2
In the past, the two Heavenly Dragons fought a fierce battle, which was interrupted by the Angels, Devils, and Fallen Angels who were at war during t...
5.5K 108 11
What if to rival the powers of Excalibur the first Lucifer had created a blade, during the Great War. What if a young brunette had gotten it? What if...