Strings and Chains (The Frey...

By imakemyowndestiny

After her scandalous break up with her ex-boyfriend, Maru experienced paranormal activities in her room. Som... More

WARNING
1. Who swiped the v-card?
2. Good Girls
3. Freak out
4. One Sleepless Night
5. No Escape
6. Banana in Bed (X)
7. Highway to Hell
8. Afternoon with an Incubus
9. And the night deepens (X)
10. Big Discoveries
11. Shook
12. Finding Trouble
13. Fruit Salad (XXX)
14. Jealousy Kills Me
15. The Meeting
16. Are we clear?
17. Strip Game (X)
18. The First One Who Broke The Code
19. Answers I Need
20. Roscoe Family
21. Long Talk
22. Something is wrong
23. Raiden Frey (X)
24. I Have a Plan
25. Walk Into a Trap
26. I was in Hell and It wasn't Great
27. Real Deal
28. Is It Over?
29. We are in Mess
30. Strings and Chains
31. Trust
32. Sorry
34. Our End
Hey, Sexy. Read me.
35. To Their Next Journey
Special Chapter #1 - The Punishment

33. Her Choice

4.8K 141 11
By imakemyowndestiny

STRINGS AND CHAINS

CHAPTER 33

I spent a long time wandering in void. I was going crazy. Malapit na. Sobrang lapit na. I was alone in a place where there was nothing but darkness. I talked to myself most of the time para lamang malibang ang sarili ko. There would be times where I just thought of good memories when I was a child. 'Yong mga panahong wala pa akong iniisip at iniitindi. 'Yong busy lang ako sa paglalaro ng iba't ibang laruan. Busy mag-aral. Simple lang. Masaya na kasama ang mga magulang.

Araw-araw ko silang iniisip. My parents, friends, and, of course, Raiden. Wala araw o oras na nawala sila sa isip ko. I was afraid that I would forget them, so I spent my time thinking about them. I could feel myself drifting away the longer I stay in that void so it became my habit. I would always think of their faces smiling. That kept me strong during those dark times. That kept my faith na makakabalik ako sa kanila, na malalagpasan ko 'tong pinagdadaanan ko, na makikita ko ulit sila.

I didn't know where I was. I didn't have any idea. Hindi ko alam kung nasa langit na ba ako o nasa impyerno na ba ako. Hindi ko alam kung patay na ba ako o buhay pa ba ako. All I know was that the time is still running. At nakakulong ako sa kadiliman ng mahabang panahon. I didn't know how to get out. I just stayed there and waited until I could see a way to get back to them.

At kung nandoon ako ng sobrang habang panahon, then Lauren's plan somehow failed. It was not really a complete failure. It still helped me a lot. There were just some side effects that happened. I remember how the orb sucked everything inside me. It almost got my soul. I didn't know what happened next, but Lauren said she did everything she can to pull me out of it.

It was somehow a success. I became human again. My contract with Lilith is now gone. I don't know how that damned orb managed to do it but it ate everything, including my supernatural abilities. I am now human again. And again it was a risk. Lauren didn't know if it would be a success. So I am thankful that it turned out pretty well, but we didn't expect that I would sleep for months. I fell into coma after what happened. And my time in that darkness explains everything. My time in void was also the time I slept.

And after ten months, I woke up.

How?

I don't have any idea. I just did.

And what happened after that?

Lauren explained everything to me. Raiden showed up the day after I succumb to my sleep. He failed to find a curse breaker. I expected that too. And Lauren was right. There's no way that a curse breaker would suddenly pop out and help us. Raiden got really mad when he learned what happened. Thank God his brothers were there to calm him. Still, even if he caused a scene, Lauren can still make him bend the knee. So he just accepted it, he had no choice. He was there by my side every day, watching out for me and waiting for me to open my eyes. Ten freaking months he waited patiently.

It was a sunny morning when I finally woke up.

My vision was blurry at first but it became clearer later when my eyes adjusted to the light. I saw the damn ceiling at first of course. It was the first thing that welcomed me. I could feel the warm wind that went inside the room. It brushed on my skin and hugged my whole body. It was so bright. So bago pa magpanic ang utak ko, I looked around. The windows and glass doors were open. The curtains were dancing as the wind travelled through it. I could see the green lawn outside and the roses planted at the backyard.

It was a sunny day.

I looked at my left side and saw Raiden sitting on sofa while sleeping.

Mabilis na kumunot ang noo ko nang makita siya. I wondered if they do really sleep. And how the hell he still looked so handsome even if he was sleeping? It was so unfair. Life is so unfair.

Gusto kong lumapit kay Raiden pero nang subukan kong galawin ang katawan ko ay hindi ko nagawa. I couldn't feel anything. My whole body was numb, so I started panicking. I cried for help. I called Raiden. I was so afraid that time. Na baka nananaginip na naman ako. Na it was just a good dream na unti-unting nagiging bangungot kasi hindi ko magalaw ang katawan ko.

"Raiden... Rai..."

Raiden immediately opened his eyes. Sa isang kurap ko lang ay nasa tabi ko na agad siya. He was so happy and worried at the same time. He was happy kasi I finally woke up but he was worried because I was crying.

"Rai, I can't feel my body—Help me—"

"Shhh, shhh... Maru, calm down." He held my hands and caressed my hair.

"No, I can't—I can't feel my legs. I can't feel my arms, Rai. What happened to me?"

He wiped my tears and whispered to me.

"Relax, Maru. I'm here. You're good. Everything is all right. Calm down first. Shhh..."

"Tell me this isn't another dream."

"No, it's not. You're real. I'm real," he whispered and kissed me on my forehead.

I couldn't stop crying that whole day. Raiden didn't leave my side until I finally calmed down. I was afraid to sleep, scared that I will be trapped in the void again. Raiden kept me awake. He told me a lot of things that happened when I was asleep for months. But I was still worried about my situation that time.

Lauren came to my room that evening. She explained what happened and what would we do next. I was bed ridden for ten months. Kaya naman I couldn't move my body that time. My muscles were weak. I lack exercise. Imagine you were lying in bed for ten months. I went through that. It was not a good experience. Lauren told me I would do therapies so I can move my body again.

And I did a lot of therapies after that.

I didn't know that there was a physical therapist sa mundo nila but Lauren managed to get one. After months of walking and exercising, my therapy came to an end. Raiden was always there for me. Nandoon s'ya noong mga panahong sumusubsob ako sa lapag dahil sobrang panghihina ng mga paa ko. Lahat ng exercises at physical activities na ginawa ko ay nandoon siya para alalayan ako. He didn't leave my side. Even if Lauren ordered him to do a specific task, he chose not to leave.

Lauren was left no choice but to leave Raiden alone with me. She respected that I need help during those times and she knew that we both need each other to overcome our situation that time. There were times where I just wanted to give up, where I frustrate myself and overthink. What if hindi na ako makalakad ulit? Paano kung habang buhay na lamang akong maging ganoon?

I had fears and Raiden was there to calm me.

Raiden became my whole reason not to give up. He helped me a lot. If he wasn't there, hindi ko na alam kung anong mangyayari sa akin. And I was so thankful na hindi niya ako iniwan at pinabayaan.

I am so lucky to have him.

I really am.

When I could finally walk and move my body, that day came, where I have to decide again.

We were in the living room together with Lauren and a woman whom I've never seen. That was the first time I saw her. She introduced herself. Her name is Scarlett and she's friends with Lauren. When she heard about what happened to me, she immediately went here. I could see her eyes twinkled when she saw me. I later on understand why she was looking at me like I'm some kind of a miracle.

Because I am, in fact, a product of miracle.

"It was too impossible but she survived," wika ni Lauren.

Scartlett nodded. "I agree, but it cost her half of her life too."

Kumunot-noo ako.

"What do you mean?"

"The process was not perfect. The orb did nothing but to suck everything that it can eat. What you did was a gamble. And if Lauren did not save you that night, you are probably dead by now," sagot ni Scarlett.

"The orb can truly just swallow everything. It's too powerful. Ano'ng balak mong gawin d'yan, Lauren?" tanong naman nito sa kaibigan niya.

"Hindi ako ang may kailangan n'yan. I'll probably just give the orb to him."

"Do you really trust him? Nakita mo kung ano ang kayang gawin ng orb na 'yan."

Lauren pointed her neck. "Hawak niya ako sa leeg."

Bumuntong-hininga si Scarlett. "You're probably the first one who survived the orb. Marami na rin siguro ang nagtangkang gawin ng ginawa mo. We don't really know pero ikaw ang kauna-unahang nakapagpatunay na puwede pang bumalik ang isang nilalang sa pagiging tao."

"But you said it cost me half of my life. I don't get it," sagot ko sa kanya.

"Your life span, that's what I am talking about. You only have months or a year to live."

"W-what—How did it happen—"

"The orb ate everything and it almost got you. It's really a miracle that you survived," sagot ni Scarlett.

"That explains the color of your hair too," dugtong pa niya.

Raiden said that I shouldn't be terrified when I see myself in the mirror. I could still remember the horror and confusion on my face. My hair slowly turned white. Raiden couldn't explain how did it happen and what was the reason behind it, but now Scarlett explained it crystal clear.

"Maybe I should be thankful that my skin didn't wrinkle."

"It will," sagot ni Scarlett.

Doon na ako parang sinabuyan ng yelo.

"We don't know the effects that will happen on your body, but it is starting. Your hair is the first one. It will come, Maru. It will."

Napalunok na lamang ako at hindi na naka-imik pa. Raiden tightly held my hand and kissed my knuckles. He mouthed the words, "I'll still love you." Kaya't doon na ako napangiti.

"And that I think we can dismiss this meeting. I miss my husband too," wika ni Scarlett saka ito ngumiti sa amin at nagpaalam.

Napansin ko namang nakatingin sa akin si Lauren.

"My husband's offer is still up. If you changed your mind, feel free to come back here," wika ni Lauren saka ito tumayo at naglakad palabas ng sala.

Tumingin ako kay Raiden. Hawak-hawak niya ang magkabila kong kamay habang nakatitig lamang doon. Alam ko na kung anong tumatakbo sa isip niya. 'Yon ba ay kung papayag ako sa alok nila Lauren o hindi.

"It's okay," panimula niya saka siya tumingin sa akin. "It's all right." He reassured.

Talaga bang okay para sa kanya na manatili akong tao at mamamatay akong tao?

"I love you," wika ko sa kanya. He smiled at me.

"I know."

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at tinitigan ang kanyang mukha. I'm really happy that Raiden changed. I heard terrible stories about them but he tried his best to change for better. How he did it, I have no idea. Maybe love will really bring out the best of you. I did too. I learned and grew in a short span of time with him. I'm so glad that I met him.

"I have decided," sagot ko. Naramdaman ko ang paghigpit ng hawak niya sa kamay ko.

There was a long silence between us. After that, I finally told him what my decision was. As if I turned deaf, I couldn't hear what I was saying. I couldn't believe the words that were coming out from my mouth. I could only see his expression and tear-streaked face.

We both understood what we truly want.

We were contented with what we are and have right now.

That was my final decision.

Even if it cost us another sacrifice and pain, we both accepted it.

I will live and die human.

"I understand," he said as he kissed me on my lips.

I stroked his cheeks and smiled, "Thank you."

Here's a fan art of Maru made by my friend Reeva. Ilysm <3

Please do not rip off her work.

(A/N: Sorry at nag-AWOL na naman ako. Adulting is really hard. Hahaha! Anyways, two more chapters to go and SAC is done. Thank you so much for your patience. I really appreciate it. Mwah!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 535 53
[COMPLETED] "Sometimes we are faced with problems to learn a hard and good lesson that will change our lives." Maria Victoria Beau Montenegre or Vi f...
294K 8.6K 53
Nathalie Aries Pattinson also known as Fear of the Phantom Goddesses, has spent most of her life looking for her childhood friend who promised to com...
8.9K 540 45
Infinito has become the top group of illegal street racers with the guidance of mentor Erie Illyria Vosslen. Under the organization named Les Voleurs...
109K 5.5K 47
Tiana had been working hard to prove not just to herself but to everybody that she was one of the best Sentries the world had ever seen. But her fasc...