The Only One That Cared

By Say_what

Ivy Walker is the school's enemy. She has a reputation for being... different. Her contrasting features earne... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1- Don't Cry!
Chapter 2- The not-so Soulmate
Chapter 3- The Aftershock
Chapter 4- Just Friends?
Chapter 5- Owen's POV- Don't Be Mad, But...
Chapter 6- Unexpected Outcome
Chapter 7- Emotions (Ivy's And Owen's POVs)
Chapter 9- Eating Lunch Inside
Chapter 10- Confused
Chapter 11- Words Cannot Describe
Chapter 12- Asleep
Chapter 13- Careless
Chapter 14- Last Day of Junior Year
Chapter 15- The Beginning of Endless Days
Chapter 16- So This Is What I get?
Chapter 17- Encounters at the Park
Chapter 18- First Day of Senior Year
Chapter 19- Kiss and Tell
Chapter 20- He Changed His Mind
Author's Note:
Chapter 21- Not As It Appears
Chapter 22- Prisoner
Chapter 23- And So He Knows
Chapter 24- Today I Learned...
Chapter 25- Coming Home
Author's Note

Chapter 8- Too Far

361 11 8
By Say_what

Chapter 8 is about the party. All I'm gonna say is: Get ready for drama! And... There's gonna be some semi-heated scenes in here...... ;)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 8

"Are you coming to my party?" Owen asked me throughout the day. I would answer him with the same word. "Maybe." I honestly think that he would be upset if I didn't go, but I also think that I would be, too. It's strange that he spent time with me once and now I'm kind of obsessed with him.

That evening, I asked Josh about the party. "Joshy, what are these parties like?"

"Party? What party?"

"Owen's party!" I said, a little bewildered. Why does Josh not know about the party happening tonight? I thought populars were supposed to know about every party. "Oh," he replied with a puzzled expression, "He said that his party was a family-only type of party. Hmm... He must really like you..."

"He does not like me," I snapped, defensively, "And besides, Mallory is going too."

"Uhhh okaaay. Whatever, I don't even know where he lives."

A little later I was freaking out because I did not even know what to wear. By the time Mallory came home, I was on the verge of tears. He was shocked that I wasn't ready yet, but he helped me out--- he chose my outfit! I was surprised that he knew how to create a good outfit because I ended up wearing the new skirt that I bought at the mall and a black tank top, and I liked it.

When we arrived at Owen's house, I stood outside the house- no mansion! staring at it in awe. It was gigantic with windows of an impressive size. The wrap-around porch was held up by fancy pillars.could tell from my view that there at least three floors to this mansion. But the absolute first thing that I noticed was the U-shaped driveway with a fountain and flowers in the middle. The driveway was filled up halfway with expensive looking Porshes' and Audis'.

"Do you want to come inside or should we party out here?" Mallory asked with a smile. I laughed at myself and held his hand as we went inside.

As soon as I crossed over the threshold, the overwhelming stench of sweat and alcohol hit me like a ton of bricks. "That's disgusting," I muttered to myself. Mallory duidn't hear me, instead he asked me if I wanted a drink. I nodded and he walked away. After he left I tried to make myself look busy so I messed with my phone. "You're here?" Emily asked in front of me. She had an evil smirk plastered on her face, "And all alone? Of course. What was I expecting?"

She left as soon as Mallory came back. "Whoa this place is huge. It took me a couple minutes to find the kitchen. Anyway, here you go," He said as he handed me my drink. The red, plastic cup was filled with something, a golden color. I downed it, mostly out of nervousness. "Let's go into the living room. The music is blasting in there," he added. We walked for what seemed like forever into a massive room with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. In one corner of the room were two stereos playing "Imma Be". There was a bunch of people dancing (provocatively) in front of them. On the other side were couches filled with lovesick couples making out.

It seemed that the moment I stepped into the room, everything became quiet. The song ended the exact moment I uttered the words, "Mallory, I want another beer." Everyone looked at me as if I was a cat in a dog house. It was then that I also noticed that everyone in here was either a popular or too old to be in high school. They should be in college!

"Okay," he said... More like, whispered. He noticed the tension in here too. "I'll be right back."

I leaned against the wall in the corner of the room for what seemed like hours. When Mallory finally came back, he looked a few drinks past sober. "Here ya go, baby," he said sweetly in my ear. I giggled when he began leaving little pecks on my cheeks.

"Ivy!" Owen yelled happily behind Mallory. Mallory groaned when he heard Owen's voice. I smiled brightly at Owen.

"You decided to come," Owen said with a deep chuckle. I nodded. "Yeah, I had to. If I didn't you would have died...or at least you made it seem that way," I said as Mallory glanced at Owen, awkwardly. "Geez, the trash needs to be put away!" Chloe yelled across the room. Her face was red from the alcohol she's had.And yet, my face burned of embarrassment with her comment. Mallory didn't hear her over the music and Owen... he was furious. "Um, I'll talk to you later, Ivy," he said in a hurry as he walked off in Chloe's direction.

"Okay."

Mallory and I talked for a while before heading into the kitchen to get more drinks. In the kitchen I talked to Rocky and his girlfriend Halley. Halley was a quiet girl. She said that she loved reading and writing and hoped to become a teacher; she was the exact opposite of him. Her red hair was met by big brown eyes and whole lotta freckles. I found it sweet that Rocky couldn't seem to let go of Halley. He had his arms wrapped around her 24/7.

A couple of drinks later and we were all singing along to every song that came on, even with the populars giving me weird looks. Mallory kept on kissing me and suggested we find a room upstairs. I distracted him and myself with more singing.

Then at some point, Mallory said he had to go to the bathroom. I waved him off as if I would never see him again, laughing the whole time. He was gone for a while so I assumed that he got lost. I told Rocky and Halley that I would see them later and went out looking for Mallory. I arrived at a bathroom with the door opened all the way.

He's not in there...

"Ivy," a deep voice said behind me. My sandals squeaked as I spun around. "Shit, Owen, you scared me!" I squealed, much to my embarrassment. He frowned. "I don't like it when you curse, Ivy," he said in that deep voice. Geez, it's driving me crazy! "Gosh, I didn't think it mattered to you, Owen. And besides, isn't this the first time you've heard me swear in the three years I've known you?" I said with fake bravado.

He smiled. "I guess it is. And I don't like it. Your're too pretty to use such vial words."

"What about you? You swear too!" Then the shock of his compliment hit me. "Y-you think I'm pretty...?"

He chuckled. "Of course. You're beautiful. In fact, you're sexy. Really, I mean it."

"Thanks," I said, too unsure to say anything else.

"So do you want a drink?" he asked. He held my arm and led me to the kitchen before I could say anything. When he touched me, I got that weird electric shock that I get every single time he touches me. Why is he always electrically charged?

In the kitchen, he took out soda from the stainless steel refrigerator. Everything in the kitchen is fancy and new-looking! "Follow me the back patio," he said as he grabbed some alcohol and two cups. I did as he told and sat down on one of the chairs there. "What made you decide to come here?" he asked. I tensed up. Why did I decide to come here?

"Uh, Mallory wanted to come," I replied lamely, but it was the best answer that I could come up with.

"Fuck. I don't like it when you say his name either. And plus, I never really invited him," he said with a hard expression. For some reason, my feelings were hurt.

"Mallory, Mallory, Mallory Smith! He is my boyfriend and I really care about him. Fuck, I don't like it when you don't like him."

Owen didn't say anything, instead he handed me a cup of Pepsi mixed with rum. I sipped it at first, trying to see what it tasted like. It tasted like normal Pepsi at first, but then the burning sensation of rum filled my throat. "Uuuuwww. That is powerful stuff," I said roughly as the burning passed. Still, Owen said nothing.

"Owen?"

"What?" I winced at the sternness of his words and looked down.

He's mad at us, my conscience informed.

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean to be like that. It's just that I really can't stand that ass--- I mean, Mallory," he said. He leaned in and hugged me lightly. I couldn't help but want me to old me closer to him and...Stupid Hormones!

"Don't be so mean to him. He never did anything to you!" I protested. Owen laughed bitterly.

"Well, he didn't mean to, but he did," he said with zero humor.

"Enough, Owen. I'm sure whatever he did, he wouldn't ever do it purposely. You shouldn't ever talk bad about your guests. And would you let go of me now?" Truth is, I didn't want him to let go, but it would be pretty weird if he hugged me any longer, knowing I have a boyfriend.

"But he wasn't supposed to be my guest! And I like the way we are so, no, I'm not going to let go."

"Okay, fine, but he is my 'plus one'. Let go of me, Owen!" I said, all the while getting more and more uncomfortable.

"Fuck, if I wanted to, I would!" He said happily. Out of nowhere, he picked me up bridal-style and carried me to a picnic table a little ways down the yard. "Owen!" I screamed in between giggles. "You're so light. It's like carrying a five-pound brick," he said with a serious sounding voice, but I could see humor in his eyes.

I didn't really realize that I was on my back until I saw that Owen was propped up on his forearms and was hovering over me. Why is he talking to me? I'm supposed to be 'The Girl of Death' and not be talking to a popular! He exhaled softly on my face. His breath smelled sweet. Which got me thimking: what does my breath smell like? Do I smell like a bar? I sincerely hope that I do not.

"Fuck me." I didn't mean to make it sound so seductive, but his proximity brought dirty things to my mind and well, it came out slow and breathy-like, involuntary. His eyebrows arched up. Oh, snap! Stupid me. It was supposed to come out like: FML!

"Gladly," he said huskily. Making me shiver. From the little light out here, I could tell that his eyes darkened to a darker shade of green. Oh, the sexy things he does and he doesn't even realize it! He leaned closer and closer to me until his face was inches from mine. "You're drunk," he said as he shook his head.

"No I'm not!" I cried desperately, trying to not ruin the moment.

"Good."

He looked me straight in the eyes and dipped his head to mine. With our foreheads touching, I bit my lip nervously. "Ugh you look extremely sexy when you do that," he said in a strained voice. My heart skipped a beat.

"W-what?" I squeaked.

He chuckled and began kissing my neck softly. His tongue did little figure 8's near my jaw line and he kept working his way down my neck until he reached one spot at the base of neck. I buzzed with suspense as he blew his breath there.

Please, please. Kiss me! My conscience begged.

He finally brought his lips down and sucked gently. Immediately need seeped through me making me moan loudly. He liked my reaction and brought his lower half down to my pelvis, showing me that he was 'excited' too. After a few seconds I couldn't help myself any more and placed my hands on his back, feeling every muscle. He moaned too, kissing and sucking more passionately.

I wrapped my legs around him, subconsciously, and grinded myself against him. "I wouldn't suggest you do that, Ivy. I'm already having trouble controlling myself as it is," he said, his voice even more husky. I moaned loudly to show him how much I wanted him. He chuckled again. He slid his hands up my skirt sending me into another wave if pleasure. "Let's go to my room and-"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?" A new voice yelled. I gasped as soon as I realized who it was.

"Mallory!" I pushed Owen off of me and tried to sit up. Mallory was standing there with a disgusted look on his face. "I can explain!"

"Ivy! I thought you liked me! I thought we had something fucking real!"

"I do, we do! This was a mistake! I'm so sorry!" I sobbed loudly.

"I'd hardly call it a mistake," Owen said through gritted teeth. An undeniable look of hurt crossed his face when he looked at me. I looked away in shame.

It was not a mistake. We wanted this, my conscience said angrily.

"I'm not entirely sober," I said honestly.

"Ah, you took advantage of a drunk girl, didn't you? You think you can have anything just because you're birthday boy?" Mallory asked Owen. He pushed Owen, but Owen hardly flinched.

"I would never take advantage of her or anybody else especially when their not totally aware of their surroundings," He replied in a dark voice. Mallory winced a little, but continued the 'tough guy' act.

All the while, I was crying my heart out. Mallory looked back at me. "M-Mallory, it'll never happen a-again. I swear. I'm sorry!" I cried.

"Let's go," was all he said.

As we passed by the people still awake in the house, they snickered. "Who did you kill this time?" Luis asked me. I found enough courage to kick him in the shin. "Ah! What was that for?!?" After that people only whispered.

In Mallory's car, he sat there without saying anything for minutes. "You should of told me that you liked him from the very beginning," he said quietly. "I don't like him. I have no idea why I was...why I was doing that!" I rubbed my face with my hand.

"I wouldn't blame you if you never talked to me again, Mallory. If you'll do me one last favor, please drive me home and you'll never hear from me again. I promise." My words were becoming more and more slurred. It was difficult to keep my eyes open for more than a couple seconds. Mallory finally started the car.

"We'll talk later, Ivy."

 I nodded numbly as the last few tears escaped my eyes. I knew Owen and I went too far.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[A/N]: OH SNAP!

Not as good as I planned it :/

But there was a lot happining..... Sorry to all of those people on Team Mallory and YAY to all of those on Owen's.

Pretty please vote and comment!!!!!!!!! And fan if you wanna. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 64 23
A half. Half werewolf. When Stan and his pack finds Ivy things turned around for her. Just as she thinks being a half and hanging out with wolves ar...
265 88 19
Ivy Adair is stuck at a school she despises, has a very toxic relationship with her mom and only seems to focus on the negatives in her life. She goe...
Dead To You By Deanna Cameron

Mystery / Thriller

27K 2K 59
𝐀 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐯𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐬...
48.1K 230 18
Naomi Johnson has never been a very social person, but when Aaron, one of the school's most popular jocks, invites her to a party she finds herself a...