Wishing I Could Save Myself f...

By Crisann1976

This is Book 1 in the My Shadowed Life Series. It's the story of 20 year old Trinity Soteris who lives a trag... More

Chapter 1: That's Unprofessional, Swearing at Your Patient
Chapter 2: I'll be Watching You
Chapter 3: Masters of Deception
Chapter 4: What Else Would I do, Burn the Books
Chapter 5: Mystery Man
Chapter 6: Happy Birthday
Chapter 7: Mysterious Savior
Chapter 8: Why Did You Do It
Chapter 9: Why Don't You Leave Him
Chapter 10: Tristan
Chapter 11: Willing to Take the Risk
Chapter 12: Brothers
Chapter 13: An Answer for An Answer
Chapter 14: Silent Punishment
Chapter 15: That's Just How I Would Describe Me
Chapter 16: The Return of the Angels
Chapter 17: A Great Mental Image
Chapter 18: It's Time to Talk Truth
Chapter 19: Have You Figured it Out Yet
Chapter 20: Couldn't Resist My Charm
Chapter 21: Entwined
Chapter 22: You're a Witch, Isn't That Kind of Girly
Chapter 23: Bonds and Warlocks and Spells, Oh My
Chapter 24: Scrambling for Alternatives
Chapter 25: Secrets of the Past
Chapter 26: Conflicted Silence
Chapter 27: Incantamentums
Chapter 28: Taking the Final Step Part 1
Chapter 29: Taking the Final Step Part 2
Chapter 30: Discovering Truth
Chapter 31: Council of Quora
Chapter 32: The Cruelest Punishment is Space and Time
Chapter 33: Happy or Unwelcomed Surprises
Chapter 34: Whisper Goodbye
Chapter 35: A Cruel Dream
Epilogue
My Shadowed Life Series: Book 2, Wishing Sequel description

Wishing I Could Save Myself from a Life I Despise: Prologue

7.6K 73 12
By Crisann1976

Here goes, please COMMENT & VOTE.

*******************************************************

Wishing I Could Save Myself from a Life I Despise

Prologue

Darkness and pain. These are the only things I am accustomed to. It happens all of the time. First, comes the pain, followed swiftly by the darkness. There are many different types of pain. There is physical, and emotional, these can be broken down as well. How many times I felt the searing pain of broken bones, bruises and lacerations.

The physical pain torments and tortures me. Hiding the effects of it, is even worse. Talking and acting as though there is nothing wrong, lying to myself and those around me only adds to my sense of fear and worthlessness. How many times have I felt defeated, desperate and alone? It happens almost every day.

The darkness always follows. There are different types of darkness as well. There is the unconsciousness that always follows the pain, and then there is the darkness that descends upon me after I wake up. This is when I realize what happened and spiral into a pit of despair. It is lonely, living at the bottom of a black hole of misery, whishing, hoping and praying for a way out.

I have tried clawing back to the surface. I have tried finding my own way out; I have even tried, ending my own life. But all of these ways are fruitless. There is no escape. When will this end? My guess is when I am dead. My guess is that it won’t be much longer. Whether it is by my own hand… or one of theirs, it won’t be long now.

Not that I mind, I’m not worth the clothes on my back. I am not worth their ardent struggle to keep me from harming myself, just so they can do it for me. I am not worth… anything. Why do I even bother? Why do I even care? No one cares about me. Who would be disheartened if I died? Surely those that harm me, and try so hard to keep me for their own precious torture of me, wouldn’t even give a damn. They only want me for my body. They only want to hurt me.

I wish I could run away, save myself from more pain and misery, but that will never happen. I only wish I could die, put an end to it all. So many years I have lived in a black box of agony, my own hell of sorts, forever silently enduring the pain. I only wish I could save myself from a life I despise.

*******************************************************

Hope you enjoyed this.

Please let me know what you think & if I should continue.

Comments & Votes are welcome & appreciated.

Please move on to Chapter 1. Crissy =:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995 68 19
16 years old April Blake can see shadows that aren't really there, takes pills and visits a therapist after her traumatic past. She can't even imagin...
383K 11.4K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 1. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "Listen carefully cupcake, I'm not taking any of this mate crap, so l...
3.2K 95 8
(book 2 in the our werewolf girl's series) Riley maxwell is your average 16 year old girl who has one dream in life and that is to find the one perso...
135 1 24
A new town, the start of college life, and adoring parents. Who would give up all that? Trinity Davis, an eighteen-year-old girl leaves just that beh...