The Fairy's Cure: FD 1 (Amour...

By ScribbleKingdom

Ash Ketchum is three things: A Pokemon Trainer, a best friend, and a boy in love with a dead girl. However, h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: A Plan
Chapter 3: Escaping It All
Chapter 4: Coming Together
Chapter 5: A Whimsical Promise
Chapter 6: A Hard Choice to Make
A/N: Positivity!!
Chapter 7: The Start of a New Journey
Chapter 8: A Complicated Lesson
Chapter 9: Less and More Confusion
Chapter 10: Mysterious Fairies
Chapter 12: Celebrations Start!
Chapter 13: Mist Battles
Chapter 14: Shattered Hopes and Shattered Hearts
Chapter 15: Trapped in the Dark
Chapter 16: The Truth of the Darkness
Chapter 17: The Basics of Fairies
Chapter 18: A Spark of Magic
Chapter 19: Reunion For Forever
Chapter 20: The Sacred Ritual
Chapter 21: Distortion of Feelings
Chapter 22: Dreams of the Past
Chapter 23: Dual Bond
Chapter 24: The Council of Light
Chapter 25: Immortally Together
Chapter 26: A Spirit's Guidance
Chapter 27: Reunion and the Truth
Chapter 28: Tragedy and Murder
Chapter 29: Rite of Loyalty
Chapter 30: The Troublesome Trial
Chapter 31: The Final Story
Chapter 32: Broken Stars
Chapter 33: The Dark Universe
Chapter 34: Uniting Against the Darkness
Chapter 35: Let the Light Shine
Chapter 36: Free of Chains and Dragon's Reign
Chapter 37: The Gravity of it All
Chapter 38: Their Final Battle
Chapter 39: Pillars of Light and Darkness
Chapter 40: The Sacrifice
Chapter 41: Beyond The Future
A/N: Thank you!! (and actual info)
Glossary
Extra #1: Serena's New Law
Extra #2: The Ministers' Shrouded Past
Extra #3: The Future Leaders
A/N: The Fairy's Poison

Chapter 11: Realm of Lightness

497 21 25
By ScribbleKingdom

Hi everyone!!  SK here.

For the character drawings, there is going to be a glossary at the back of the book in which you can see them all, as well as other information.  This will be up soon!

Anyway, let's start the chapter.  As always, I hope you enjoy!! :D

Serena

Me and Ash leave the forest, though I can tell that he seems a little upset about leaving.  I wonder why?  I mean, from when I knew Ash he was never really obsessed with nature... I guess I don't really know him anymore.  I mean, it has been literal years since I'd seen him last.

We quickly reach the Colony again, and by that time, the sun is already setting.  It took Ash and I most of the day to get here and get everything sorted out, and with everything going on, it's easy to lose track of time. 

I love it when it gets dark out, because the stars create beautiful patterns on the ground.  They sparkle and shine and bring the most vibrant of colours to us.  This is all the work of Lillie, of course, as they are her product of her Element.  She is absolutely amazing; even Heliux says that he has never seen someone as powerful as she is with what she does.  

"I can't believe it's dark already," Ash remarks.  "Say... is there anywhere we can get dinner, or...?"

I nod at him.  "If you go back to Mallow's place from earlier, I'm sure she'll make you up something."

He nods back to me and starts to head in that direction, stopping only when he realizes I'm not following him.  "You aren't coming?"

I shake my head.  "I'm sorry, but I have something I must do."

Ash looks at me skeptically.  "It's pretty dark out- what do you have to do at this time of night?  Just come with me for a few seconds, we can ask her to make it 'to go', if you want.  Please," he begs, looking at me with puppy eyes.  Those darn puppy eyes, really Ash?

I look back towards the stars, knowing that I still have at least ten minutes before I have to start.  "O-Okay, but we have to be quick."

Ash nods happily, takes my hand, and we head towards Mallow's eatery.  As soon as we enter, she looks at me and asks, "Usual, to go?"

"Two of them this time," I reply, then looking at Ash as he didn't get a chance to order what he wanted.  "Oh wait, Ash-"

"It's fine, Serena," he says, giving me a reassuring look.  "I'm sure whatever you like to get is good enough."

I nod tensely and turn back to Mallow, who already has the two packages ready for us.  "You better hurry, Serena, or you'll be late."

"Y-Yeah, I know.  Thanks again, Mallow!" I thank her as me and Ash make our leave.  I hear Ash say his own thank-you to Mallow as well, but all I'm focused on was getting to my chambers on time to start the ritual.  I don't usually have to do it, but I need another perspective on what to do with the whole Heliux situation, something the Spirits can provide me with.  

"You can sleep in my room tonight, okay?  Tomorrow, you'll get your own." My voice is clearly rushed as I open up a portal for Ash and me to go through.  He seems to get the memo that I'm about to be late for something, and he goes through the portal without any questions.  Ugh... that sounds like I'm about to kidnap him or something...

We arrive in my chambers, and I can tell he wants to make some sort of comment on it, but he keeps his mouth shut and looks at me worriedly.  "Serena, what's going on?"

"I have a ritual to perform right now," I explain breathlessly.  "Just... try not to let it disturb you too much, okay?  You can go to sleep."

"If it's okay, I'll watch for a little bit; I'm not really tired right now.  Is that okay?" He looks unsure of his question, probably wondering if he'd be intruding.

I nod quickly.  "Just not too long, please, alright?  I know you're being Initiated tomorrow, but you're technically not a fairy yet so-"

"Serena." Ash's voice is firm.  "I promise- you just do what you have to do."

"R-Right.  Thanks," I say, then I turn away from him.  My mind is stalling for some reason- I guess it's slightly embarrassing to do it when there js another person in the room, specifically Ash.  I have to do it though, or else I'll be too late.

I look towards the stars, shining brightest of them all.  On a night as clear as this, I need to take this chance and communicate with the Spirits.

Now.

I summon a giant burst of my magic and channel it through my Necklace.  I keep doing so until the glow of the Necklace matched the glow of the stars above.  I stop, and feel my eyes start to close.  I smile, knowing I'll finally get my answers.

When I open them again, I'm most definitely not in my chambers.

I'm in the Realm of Lightness.

In other words, the place where all of the past Light Leaders are- they're all here, every single one of them.  The ritual I performed was just to be able to enter their Realm without dying, so I can talk with them and get advice.  It's not something I do particularly often, but I do perform it when there's something particularly troubling on my mind.

And tonight, that something is Heliux.

I do a bow, because they are all Leaders and need to be respected.  "Greetings."

Aria looks at me warmly, a knowing smile on her face.  "You were almost too late."

Wincing, I reply.  "I know, and I apologize."

The previous Light Leader just waves me off.  "It's okay.  I have an idea of what you want to talk about anyway."

I give her a puzzled look.  "You do?"

"Ash, of course!" she giggles a little bit, then frowns as she continues.  "I mean, with the rules set in place, you can't-"

"I-I know about the rules," I say slowly.  "I'm hoping to tell him tomorrow, after his Initiation."

"Aria, let her speak," comes another graceful voice.  I turn, and with great shock, I see Lita!  She is the very first Light fairy, and one of the most powerful too.  It is said that she created... everything.  Together with Zagan and the Queen of course.

"Th-Thank you, Your Lightness," I utter gratefully.  "I came here to hopefully get some advice about Heliux."

The first Light Leader looks at me, her eyes warm.  "It's that time of the century, is it?"

I nod, surprise wafting over me.  "So you know?"

Lita nods, a distant look on her face.  "Those... meetings, they only started after the war."

I look towards Pharah, who was the Leader before and during the war.  She is silent, as always.  In all of my meetings, I have never once heard her speak.  "Please, one of you must know who he is meeting with, and why he isn't meeting her in the Colony."

"Serena.  In this world, apart from magic, love is the only thing that can truly protect someone," Lita begins.  "And like magic, love is something that must be renewed often.  A century is already a long time to wait, even with the gift that was given to him." Lita adds, referencing Heliux's immortality as Minister.  "If he is not allowed to meet her now, he will be drawn to see her, and as with her to him.  If both of them leave, catastrophic damage will occur," she says seriously.  "You must allow him to meet this girl."

I cock my head to the side.  "But, Your Lightness, if I may," I began, "This girl- she is a Dark Fairy, is she not?  There's no other reason as to why they can't meet in our Colony."

"This does not matter," Lita says firmly.  "Whether she is a Dark fairy or not, Heliux must be allowed to see her."

"But-"

"Serena, please head this advice," Aria pleads.  "You need to let this meeting happen."

"But, just who is she?" All I need to know is this.

Aria looks me dead in the eyes and says, "Her name is Layra."

Layra?  I haven't heard of a-

Oh.

OH.

OH.

Suddenly, I understand everything.  Of course those two are in love!  It makes so much sense!

"B-But how could they... the war... I-" My thoughts are all being sputtered out at once- and then I realize that before the war, they used to live together.  Or, at least that's what Heliux told me in his lessons.

"I... I understand now," I say finally after getting myself together.  "I'm going to let this meeting happen."  All I can hear are the satisfied voices of the other leaders around me, and I know that I'd made the right choice.

"We still have time," Aria tells me after the chatter dies down.  "There's no problems, right?  No more humans?" 

I shake my head, knowing that'd be something she'd ask.  Heliux had told me that during Aria's couple short weeks of being leader, humans had come dangerously close to the colony- non-Elementals of course.  Apparently they'd seen one of the fairies and were about to do some damage, when Aria let herself be taken by them to save everyone else.  It was... extremely heroic, and it just added another thing I look up to her for.

"Everything, apart from Heliux, is fine," I promise.  "I just hope things between me and Ash will be okay once I tell him about the rules... it's just that..." I cover my face with my hands, feeling ashamed.  "I still love him."

Aria looked at me sympathetically.  "You don't have to be ashamed; love is love, there's nothing you can do to suppress it.  Things will be okay, Serena," she adds, hugging me.  "We'll always be here if you need it."

I nod, returning her hug.  "Thank you-"

"Serena, it's almost time," Lita interrupts gently.  "Is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

I shake my head.  "No, but thank you, all of you," I say, taking a final bow.  I feel a blast of light wash over me, and when I open my eyes, I'm back in my chambers.  A faint dawn light shines through the window, and although I technically hadn't slept all night, I feel very well-rested.

I look beside me and I see Ash sleeping peacefully.  I sigh fondly, because he looks so serene.  I can't watch for long, however, because it just reminds me of what I will have to tell him later today, after he gets Initiated.  I don't want him to know before then.  I fly outside, where some fairies are getting the Day going.  And when I say 'getting the Day going', I literally mean it.  Bonnie's in charge of it all, and she waves at me when she spots me.

"You and Ash were out late last night," she remarks.  "I wanted to ask him about Clemont."

I instantly feel guilty for keeping him from her.  "I'm sure that he'll want to talk to you- Ash never breaks his promises.  I'll let him know, don't worry."  My heart's twisted in knots; so many things are going on, and I... I just can't take it!

But then I remember. 

I can't be sad, not today.

After all, it's Ash's birthday!

And that's the end of the chapter.  I hope you enjoyed it everyone!!

I think you all have a little hint about what the Necklaces do now.. ;)

Stay tuned for more!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 116 31
After a catastrophic war and a deadly virus that plagued the world, humanity is left divided, hunting each other down and murdering for vengeance...
3.3K 80 8
hello darlings I'm rarity ask me some questions
16.1K 283 23
Tác giả: Dư Lạc Thuần. Thể loại: ngôn tình, hài hước, HE. Nguồn: DĐ Lê Quý Đôn. Số chương: 19 chương+4 ngoại truyện+1 phần bên lề "Trong bộ truyện...
4.4K 151 22
An alien astronomer, Astra, who gets made fun of for her love of the stars until she and her worst enemy, Claec, are taken by "aliens" (humans) and s...